Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_vote_lcapKorlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_voting_barKorlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_vote_lcapKorlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_voting_barKorlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuttlefish
Novice
Novice
Cuttlefish

Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) Empty
PostSubject: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:52 pm

|BASICS|
Name: Korlakk Tanaka
Birthplace: Southern Water Tribe
Current Residence: Nomad in the Earth Kingdom
Element: Water
Pets: None
Weapons: None

|OPTIONAL|
Birthday: 12th November
Blood type: AB-
Hobbies: Messing around with waterbending techniques and finding other ways to amuse himself.
Quirks: Nothing much although when performing powerful bending techniques has the habit of poking his tongue between his canines whilst grinning.
Family: (Your characters family members)
Character Theme: (A theme song that you think fits your character.)

|APPEARANCE|
Hair: He has medium length hair that's very jagged, rough around the edges and is dark brown.
Eyes: Greeny-brown
Height: 5”5
Clothes: A torn white casual shirt that's stained with mud and dirt whilst also having ripped brown trousers.
Skin: Very pale and smooth skin
Body Type: Fairly skinny whilst lacking muscle.
Image: (Optional, you may use http://www.tektek.org/dream to make your picture. Pretty standard. If you don't like tektek, then you can use your own picture of choice)

|CHARACTERISTICS|
Personality: Korlakk's a very adventurous and rebellious guy known for his dark sense of humour. He tries to keep to being optimistic and up-beat even in serious situations that it really isn't called for. However he has a short fuse and can lose his anger quickly.
Personal Strengths:
1. Great waterbender who shows potential.
2. Adaptable to a situation.
3. Good at finding out solutions problems.
4. Generally can get along with people.
5. Is loyal to his allies.
Personal Weaknesses:
1. Isn't physically strong.
2. Generally ignorant to a lot of things in the outside world.
3. Can lose his temper quickly.
Hamartia: Skill in close combat.
Personal Hero: None.
Dreams and Ambitions: To prove to the world he's a master waterbender.

2. Eating
3. Women
4. Winning and having control of a fight.
5. Waterbending.

Dislikes:
1. Bloodbending 'mishaps'
2. Losing a fight.
3. Being placed into close combat.
4. Being restraint and not allowed to do things.
5. People that don't get his humour.
6. His family.

Brief History:

Korlakk was born to a noble and rich family in the Southern Water Tribe alongside his brother and sister. From birth he was restricted from going outside (unless to look at the gardens) and was sheltered from 'the dangers of the outside world'. This changed significantly when he and his family discovered his gift and skill at waterbending, inherited from his father's side. Suddenly his restraints became even more strict due to his parents not wanting him to get hurt or hurt anyone else, although Korlakk saw through this and knew both were secretly jealous. However every night he, under the cover of darkness, fled to a cove near the coast to hone and improve his skill.

One night, under the silver sheen of a full moon, he noticed when stiffening his hands in an almost puppet-like stance he could bend the water in another organism's body so much so he could control their movements. This breakthrough, this discovery, was incredible and never before did he feel so much power waterbending. In awe he rushed to his trusted older brother to explain what he had invented of course to be told it already excised as bloodbending and was highly illegal.
However his brother's trust was eventually broken and like Korlakk's sister both siblings snivelled and ratted him out to their parents. Aware of this he decided that the sheltered and brain-dead boring life was too little for him and that he'd rather flee a nomadic runaway than live a life behind walls and confinement.

Escaping through his top window and heading for the docks, he knew his time in the Southern Water Tribe was over and that'd he'd only return when it was completely necessary. Using his family's nobility and wealth, he convinced a merchant, who was headed towards the Earth Kingdom, to take him there as well.
When he arrived he immediately set off into the wilderness trying to survive best he could with his waterbending talents and find a way to truly master the art of bloodbending. This of course has yet to happen.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 pm

I unapprove this.  It's going in for reevaluation by Lindsey and I.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Cuttlefish
Novice
Novice
Cuttlefish

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Oh sorry, what'd you like me to correct and/or fix?
Back to top Go down
Maki Shadowblade
Administrator
Administrator
Maki Shadowblade

Location : Ruling the Oceans + Ruling Relam of Shadow + Realm of Air

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Your character is rather young to have discovered the ability to bloodbend. Thus if you want to make your character over 18 to show that he is skilled in water bending then he is branching out to beginning to understand the extent of waterbending.

Also to be nobility you need to ask the head of the nation if there is a spot open. In this case you can PM Vermilion Emperor Kouzai or LadyKura if you want a nobility spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
Cuttlefish
Novice
Novice
Cuttlefish

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:11 pm

(Redone
-Changed backstory to make a little more sense
-Changed age to 18
-Changed nobility to 'somewhat rich family' to avoid to much complication)

|BASICS|
Name: Korlakk Tanaka
Birthplace: Southern Water Tribe
Current Residence: Nomad in the Earth Kingdom
Element: Water
Pets: None
Weapons: None

|OPTIONAL|
Birthday: 12th November
Blood type: AB-
Hobbies: Messing around with waterbending techniques
Quirks: Nothing much although when performing powerful bending techniques has the habit of poking his tongue between his canines whilst grinning.
Family: Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Kara (Grandmother)
Character Theme: (A theme song that you think fits your character.)

|APPEARANCE|
Hair: He has medium length hair that's very jagged, rough around the edges and is dark brown.
Eyes: Greeny-brown
Height: 5”9
Clothes: A torn white casual shirt that's stained with mud and dirt whilst also having ripped brown trousers.
Skin: Very pale and smooth skin
Body Type: Fairly skinny whilst lacking muscle.
Image: (Optional, you may use http://www.tektek.org/dream to make your picture. Pretty standard. If you don't like tektek, then you can use your own picture of choice)

|CHARACTERISTICS|
Personality: Korlakk's a very adventurous and rebellious guy known for his dark sense of humour. He tries to keep to being optimistic and up-beat even in serious situations that it really isn't called for. However he has a short fuse and can lose his anger quickly willing to resort to techniques he himself hasn't fully mastered.
Personal Strengths:
1. Great waterbender who shows potential.
2. Adaptable to a situation.
3. Good at finding out solutions problems.
4. Generally can get along with people.
5. Is loyal to his allies.
Personal Weaknesses:
1. Isn't physically strong.
2. Generally ignorant to a lot of things in the outside world.
3. Can lose his temper quickly.
Hamartia: Skill in close combat.
Personal Hero: None.
Dreams and Ambitions: To prove to the world he's a master waterbender.

2. Eating
3. Women
4. Winning and having control of a fight.
5. Waterbending.

Dislikes:
1. Bloodbending 'mishaps'
2. Losing a fight.
3. Being placed into close combat.
4. Being restraint and not allowed to do things.
5. People that don't get his humour.
6. His family. (excluding his grandmother)

Brief History:

Korlakk was born to a somewhat rich family in a clean and sanitised environment alongside his older brother and sister. His initial reaction of his family is that they were strange in that they pretended to be noble-like when in reality they weren't, however he was told that this was a 'formal' way to act and that these mannerisms where necessary. He never understood either unlike his brother and sister who obeyed and abided to all their parent's wants. This already separated him from his family since he never liked or felt the need to listen to such pointless rules and often walked off in solitary to escape the boring lifestyle he was forced to live. This all changed on his 14th birthday.

When he turned 14 Korlakk discovered that he (although in a basic state) could effectively waterbend after an incident where he tried to prevent his parents expensive drinking glasses (which he shouldn't of been drinking out of in the first place) from being spilled over. Thrilled about this discovery he immediately relayed this to his parents expecting their sudden respect and praise whilst obtaining the jealousy factor from his spoilt siblings. Instead he was met with a sudden increase in rules, a sudden aggression towards him and an outlaw of him using anything more complex than the basic waterbending skills. Confused by what had happening he pleaded for the reasons why and after long arguments and constant debates eventually he was told.
Kara, Korlakk's grandmother, like him was a waterbender and the reason why because of his gift.
She was known however for her skills in healing and had vast knowledge involving medical science especially when it came to the human body. Although this didn't stop her, she wanted to ways to fix things standard healing couldn't and to do this, she began to dwell into the dark forbidden arts of bloodbending. Soon she would learn to master it but instead of commonly employing it for criminal activities she kept true to her word and began using it to commit to advanced healing techniques. Eventually her good fortune and luck would come to an end as one of her clients discovered the method of her 'miracle healing'' and was ratted out for bloodbending. After plenty of bloodshed to capture and subdue her she managed to strike a deal with the court to allow her to leave peacefully but to live in permanent banishment and never set foot in the Water Tribe so long as she lived. Last news of her is that she died somewhere in the Earth Kingdom.

This was the reason Korlakk was restraint and imprisoned because his parents feared that he would follow in the footsteps of his grandmother and like her delve into dangerous techniques that could put others and himself at risk. Although terribly upset Korlakk saw some sense in their explanation, in that they were doing this for his own protection, still taking the idea of being restricted bitterly he accepted what his parents wanted sourly.

Although what seemed like an innocent and viable reason soon devolved into limitation and law. The restrictions for no reason became tighter going so far he was unable to leave his room without being within view distance. Meanwhile Korlakk's urge to powerfully waterbend began gnawing away at his sanity, it was already enough that he began sneaking out at night to practice under the cover of complete darkness, but it wasn't enough to satisfy his urge and by the age of 16 Korlakk soon began falling into depression.

Although one day he received a letter from an anonymous source saying:

'Next full moon, meet me by the docks. I will explain everything there. K'

Knowing his parent's reaction to if they discovered it, he decided to keep it in secrecy, waiting patiently. When the moon did rise, so did he and like the plenty of other times he had left discreetly kept to the shadows quickly and quietly. He soon arrived to the docks, caked in layers of sweat and with hopes high of meeting this 'K'. After roughly an hour boredom began to loom as did misery until,

'Hello grandson,'

Korlakk stood there stunned by what he thought was his dead grandmother and even said so himself, only to be replied to a light-hearted chuckle and a proposal. Kara told him she was aware of his waterbending ability and was ecstatic to hear that her abilities had passed down successfully despite the large amount of non-benders already present in their lineage and knew about the measurements her son went through to prevent Korlakk from following in her footsteps. However despite being her son, she completely disagreed how he went about it and offered to personally teach Korlakk advanced waterbending and, if he wanted, healing techniques all at the risk of abandoning his current family and living with Kara over in the Earth Kingdom.

It didn't take long for Korlakk to make his decision.

Whilst starting his new life he immediately began his advanced waterbending training and despite not liking the concept found healing somewhat enjoyable. Eventually on his 18th birthday Kara decided that her grandson was advanced enough to learn the concept and power behind what had banished her, bloodbending, and explained to him that by learning more efficient healing skills he has the potential to become one of the greatest healers of all time. This of course didn't settle down well with Korlakk since his nature and personality reared and yearned for the thrills of adventure for he was done of the quiet life, he can have that when he's dead. After managing the most basic of bloodbending during a full moon he soon explained that the subtle life everyone wanted for him was not the life he was destined for and of course having a past of peculiar family members expected hostile actions. There were none, instead Kara stated calmly that she understood and that she didn't have the right to his freedom, that it was his life to live. Thankful for everything his grandmother had done, he hugged her goodbye, before heading off into the wilderness of the Earth Kingdom, surviving on both his skill and wit.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Approved Smile Also, bloodbending without a full moon is allowed, just so you know :p though you do have to start out that way so no edits required thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)   Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Korlakk Tanaka (Water-bender)
Page 1 of 1