Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Home Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Home Coming 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Home Coming I_vote_lcapHome Coming I_voting_barHome Coming I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Home Coming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Naina sat on Owlan's desk picking at the remains of her apple; Eldunar sat at the other end of Owlan's study leaning against the wall, with his arms crossed and his head down. Erolass was no where to be seen, and Owlan was sure that he would no be coming. He rarely ever did; Erolass was never one to be close to the family, except Naina, but even she couldn't coax him out of his villa to meet with his siblings. Naina stood up and walked over to the window; she stared pensively out at it, as if she was longing to be flying with the birds. Owlan knew why; Airo was outside on his patrols. He smiled as he reclined in his chair. Naina had just recently admitted her feelings for him, and although she was an exceptionally strong and sometimes cold and brutal woman, she had fallen for the strongest of armies. Love.

Owlan chuckled, which disturbed the silence and threw Eldunar and Naina off thought. It was the only sound any of the issued since they arrived at Owlan's study. They did not meet in person often, but when they did it was important. Eldunar pierced the silence next, "When is this friend of yours going to return Owlan?" he asked, "I do not have all day to spend waiting around here. I have other duties to attend to, and I must return to Ember Island before sun down in order to get it all done." Owlan laughed again, "Touchy as always aren't you Eldunar?" he asked, "Besides, since when have you been one to worry about anything other than yourself?"

Eldunar glared at Owlan as he always did, but said nothing. Despite how much they fought, Eldunar always had looked out for Owlan, and obeyed him without question. It was an unquestionable and unvoiced love and respect for each other. Naina chimed in next, "Enough fighting brothers," she said calmly and quietly "I think out guest approaches." Naina turned towards the door and pointed at it. Sure enough she was right, footsteps echoed down the hall. Naina was never one for words, as she rarely waisted them. She would not speak unless it was direly important; something Owlan always saw as one of her greatest strengths and weaknesses. Owlan stood up as the footsteps neared the door. "Nicholas.." he whispered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 pm

It had been easier than expected, taking out the rebels. Many men had been lost, yes, and Nicholas himself wasn't looking too good. Each time he came back from a mission he managed to look more ragged than before and more scarred than before. He pulled his coat tighter around himself, waving out his cigarette and tossing it away as he was let in to the gates of the Fire Nation palace. Nicholas, of course, had to get directions from one of the guards and where exactly to go. This was only his second trip to the palace, and the place was huge.

He meandered down the hall to where Owlan was suppose to be. Nicholas was pleased with how the mission had turned out and he was glad that he could report good news to Owlan, and was even looking forward to getting his next targets. He had already spent a week in the Fire Nation with out any targets. Nicholas was too used to being on the move all the time to appreciate being relaxed. He ran his fingers through his red hair and saw the door in front of him. This time, he opened it without hesitating.

Nicholas had only been expecting Owlan, and stopped suddenly in the doorway as he looked at two others. They were familiar, very familiar, but in the heat of the moment he couldn't put names to their faces. "Um...I'm back...hey?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Eldunar crossed his arms and walked towards the window, "Well he's not exactly an articulate with words is he Owlan?" Naina put her hand on his shoulder and shushed him, but remained silent herself. "Nicholas!" said Owlan with a brisk hug, "The attack went well I gather?" Eldunar mumbled something inaudible off to Owlan's side but was cut off by a jab in the gut by Naina. "Ah! But first, let me introduce you to my siblings," said Owlan as he pointed towards Naina and Eldunar, "They may remember you, I'm not sure if you remember them. That's my younger sister Naina, and my older brother Eldunar. Erolass isn't here today, he's um..busy with his art and such, but I'm sure he'd remember you too." Owlan didn't want to mention that Erolass NEVER came around, and that he hated his brothers and this palace and the only member of their family that he talked to was Naina. Owlan was never quite sure why, he had always respected Erolass, even if he did barely talk to him, but maybe that was it? In fact, Owlan was sure it was...or something like that. Owlan had very few childhood memories of his brother Erolass, which may have had something to do why Erolass hated them all but Naina. Whatever, the true reason was, Owlan didn't have time to dwell on it. He offered Nicholas the seat opposite his and offered him a drink, "Bourbon? Rum? Cognac perhaps?" he asked, "Or are you more of a wine man?"
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

"Nothing," Nicholas said, waving his hand and taking a seat. "I'm fine, really." He looked at Eldunar and Naida with slight remembrance. They, at least, had changed since childhood. He could barely recognize them from twenty years ago, and if they walked by him on the street, he certainly wouldn't have given a second glance.
"Eldunar, Naida," he said, nodding his head to the two respectively. "It's been quite a while. Do you remember me?" A smile crept across his lips as his eyes darted between the two. "We've all changed so much. I'm Nicholas, if that triggers anything."
The bounty hunter hastily tied his hair in a high ponytail. It was a bit tangled from the journey back and looked better up. He needed to wash it soon. Actually, Nicholas had pretty much come straight back to the palace from the raid. If you looked closely enough, you could still see dried blood and some poorly wrapped bandages under his coat and shirt.
"And Owlan," he added, smiling at his friend. "Good to see you again too." He laughed softly and adjusted his eye patch so it fit more comfortably on his face.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:29 pm

((OOC: Lol it's Naina btw, not Naida))

Owlan nodded and poured himself a glass of bourbon and put a few ice cubes in it. Eldunar rolled his eyes, "My brother the alcoholic," he said sarcastically, "He's the only Fire Lord who doesn't know how to keep up appearances in front of his subjects. Everyone's liable to think you're a drunkard king who wastes their tax money on drink." Owlan smiled and sipped his bourbon, "You and I both know that's not true," he answered with a wink, a raise of his glass, and a second sip, "Besides, you have your wine, I have mine."

Naina repressed a smile as Eldunar scolwed, she always enjoyed the banter between her brothers, especially how Owlan would always best Eldunar--most of the time...okay sometimes. She turned to Nicholas and bowed, "I remember you, yes," she said, "Though I admit, very briefly." Eldunar turned to Nicholas, "So you're the one who my brother sent to fight the rebels, eh?" he asked bitterly, "Well, I suppose you did a good job, and he picked a good commander from the outcome. Congratulations. Do you want a prize?"

Owlan looked sternly at his brother, and he silenced instantly. "Drink and be silent brother," said Owlan as he pulled a bottle of red wine from the liquor cabinet, "Here. Take it home with you if you want. I can always have more made. Now, Nicholas, I believe there are two things we must discuss? The excavation of the artifacts in the Earth Kingdom which I'd like you to oversee. As well as your payment for this job, and you're advanced payment on the one I just mentioned. Am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:55 am

Nicholas smiled brilliantly at Naina. He was pleased she remembered him, and he really couldn't care less about Eldunar. When his attention was shifted back to Owlan, he frowned.
"I like the sound of payment, but overseeing an excavation? This was not mention when I took the job." He leaned back in his chair and rubbed his neck. "Sorry, but that's not my style...I'm going to have to decline doing that. Surely you can find something else. But I'll gladly run across the country to track down villains. That's what I've been doing my entire life. It's what I'm good at." He finished with a smile and pulled a cigarette, lighting it and calming his nerves. "So, Naina," he added, looking over at the girl. "How've you been doing? Any...luck with the world? Or something like that...."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Naina smiled slightly, "I am an ambassador for my Nation and family," she said, "But the job is doing fine." Naina again, like herself, did not waste words explaining any more. Erolass sighed and popped open the bottle of wine, and began to drank--from a glass of course--while continuing to stare out the window.

Owlan smiled and sipped his bourbon, "Ah, I thought you might say that." he said, "But you see. It's not leading the excavation in the way you think. Lately we've hit a bit of a snag. You see, we've been excavating the ancient Library of Wan Shi Ton; as you can imagine after 700 years in the sand it's fallen into a slight state of disarray. Anyway, we've gotten down to about the three hundredth level, out of about four hundred and we've hit a little snag. Local brigands and bandits have been sabotaging our efforts. They've been dropping small bombs and explosives into the excavation site, which has caused massive cave ins. And they've launched a few night time attacks on the camp site, and killed a few of our archeologists. Luckily we haven't lost any of the artifacts or knowledge in the library...but we can't take that chance right now."

"They're attacks on the excavation site has been escalating and I would appreciate if you could track down the leader of these bandits and brigands and take them down. Kill the snake and the rats run free, you see." Owlan finished his bourbon and poured another drink, then he turned to the cabinet behind him and pulled out a small wooden chest decorated with a dragon. He opened the chest and pulled out a fairly sized bag of gold, and then placed it in front of Nicholas. "2000 gold pieces," said Owlan, "A little extra for the job well done and because you're an old friend." Owlan then pulled out a titanium bladed dagger with a serrated blade and a decorated ivory hilt with jade inlay. "And this," said Owlan with a smile, "Is a personal gift, from one friend to another. A bonus if you will."

Owlan then closed the now empty box and placed it back in the cabinet and continued on with his bourbon. "So, what do you say about the new mission?" he asked, "Perhaps....say? 3000 gold pieces this time? Maybe a set of armour to go with it?" Owlan winked and chugged a good gulp of bourbon. Eldunar glared at Owlan, "You're big spending is going to put this nation into debt, Owlan." he said, "You'll run us into the ground! Spending millions of gold pieces a day on research on new war machines and siege engines that will 'revolutionize the world of war as we know it'. For a man who claims peace you sure love war." Owlan shrugged, "I spend 5.5 million gold pieces a day and the cities income per day is at least three times that. We're in a surplus, Eldunar, don't worry. I know how to run an economy. Besides, these war machines will help us prepare for the next war. It's inevitable according to the artifacts we've uncovered in Dara's and Wan Shi Ton's Library." Owlan then turned back to Nicholas "So my friend, what do you say?" he asked, "Are you up for it?"
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Nicholas took the money and weighed it in his palm, then smiled and placed it inside his coat. It was more than he had expected, and he definitely wasn't going to say no to money. Then, he pondered the job. It was tempting, it really was, but a sick feeling in his stomach told him he didn't really want to go.
"I'm sorry, Owlan, but a bounty hunter isn't what you need for that kind of job. You need an assassin. I could do it, but I'm going to have to deny simply because I don't want to. However, I will complete the jobs you gave me at our first meeting, a list of people I need to track down and kill? Or bring to you? I'd love to get out and travel again." He smirked and leaned back in his chair, folding his hands over his lap and entwining his fingers together.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Owlan stood up and nodded, "Very well," he said somewhat disappointed, but glad that he would still get a chance to work with Nicholas, "10 000 gold," he said, "10 000 gold a piece. 10 people. That's 100 000 gold in total." Owlan stood up, and placed a rolled up list next to the dagger that he gave Nicholas on the desk. "These are a list of Fire Nation traitors who are planning on selling our secrets and war machines to people who shouldn't have them. Luckily they haven't managed to get their hands on the blueprints yet, but I would like you to track them down and bring them back to me alive preferably. In return I will pay 10 000 gold a piece."

Owlan stood up and walked around the desk to Nicholas, "You see," he said, "I have been working very hard on these war machines for personal reasons, and I don't want them to fall into the wrong hands, otherwise it will be just like the Lethal Incident that my poor Great-Grandfather Katsuro and my Great-Great-Grandfather Kaji had to deal with. It was quite a mess, and these weapons are much more dangerous than the guns that were stolen before...no, if they get a hold of these weapons, it could mean disaster. Can you do this for me?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Coming   Home Coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: Golden Topics-
Jump to: