Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Yami nodded at the man. "It was about 15 or 16 years ago. I was only a baby. I don't remember it happening. All I know is what my father told me after that necromancy bender brought him back from the dead. I was a successful test subject. I was hidden in a small village. I never knew about the beast until that day, when my father told me anything, four years ago. I never even knew the beast was there. Once I found out, it started talking to me. Yet I tried so hard to never let it take over my body. I hadn't realized it at the time, but I found out later that the beast was responsible for the death of my father. I didn't want anything like that ever happening again. But, recently, the beast has been getting stronger, and I have been searching for somebody to help me."

Yami reached out and thankfully grabbed the man's hand. She immediately felt power surging through his hand into her body. She felt her strength returning, and she was soon able to stand up. "I'm Yami Sentoki. I bear the 5-tails," she said. She turned toward a wall of the inn, hearing a familiar noise. Suddenly, the wall burst down, and a black dragon was sitting in a large opening in the wall. The dragon charged at Yami, pinning her to the ground, licking her face. "Ah! Fireball, stop! Get off! I'm drowning!" she said, laughing. Finally, the dragon backed away. "Sorry about that. This is my dragon, Fireball. Clever name, right? I named him when I was six, okay? Anyways, what's your name? And which beast do you have?" Yami asked.

Yami looked down at the ground and realized that a picture had fallen out of her pocket. She knelt on the ground and picked it up, smiling. It was a picture of her and her close friend, Drago Phoenix. She stared at the picture for a minute, then tucked it back into her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Konoe watched the dragon tackle the girl, and listened to her ramble on the whole time. She did talk a lot, a dangerous trait for a Jinchuriki to have. A Jinchuriki needed tight lips, and to be inconspicuous. The common people knew not of the Bijuu or their sealing inside of royal children. The Bijuu were meant to be a secret way of balancing power between the nations. If all nations had the ability to wipe each other out in instants, then no one would dare use the power, knowing the destruction that would be returned if they did.

If the power WAS used by some madman, the other Bijuu would be banded together to combat the violent one. Furthermore, the Spirit King held the strongest of the Bijuu, the Ten Tails. It could freeze over anything with its icy presence and dominion over the element, and was able to absorb chi on command. In the worst case scenario, the Ten Tails could be used to restore order. Then, Konoe noticed the girl looking at a locket, and it made him smile. "You have someone dear to you," he said gently, "So you know love. Good." Turning around towards the ruined bar, Konoe gave much thought to his next sentence.

He would need to be careful what he said, because he didn't want to promise too much too soon. "Perhaps I can assist you with controlling your Bijuu," he said, "It is recommended that one knows love before they attempt to break the hate of a tailed beast....and they must cling to that love as the hatred of the beast tries to envelope them." Maybe that why Konoe's mind was fractured trying to master the Nine Tails' power. In doing so, he never knew love, and though he had nothing to cling to he was able to control the Bijuu...at the cost of a whole mind. It fractured his conscious and created Other Konoe. Maybe, just maybe that was the answer.

Konoe turned around again and looked at Yami, "I was but a child when I had the Bijuu implanted in me," he said, "Yet now, at twenty six, I stand here, a master of it. Though I have no befriended my Bijuu, I have tamed it enough that it obeys me without much challenge, though I do still have my moments--" Konoe only had to look at the bar to see that was true, "--Perhaps I can teach you to do the same. But first you must be willing to accept my help, and the have the patience to train as hard as I did. Harder even."
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Yami realized she had been talking for a long time. "Sorry if I'm talking so much. Its just that...it's impossible to talk about stuff like this out in the open, and there is nobody for me to talk about it to. I guess I kinda figured you would understand me better since you know a little of what i'm going through, so being a jinchuuriki isn't a secret. I'm not hiding anything else," she said with an apologetic bow. She listened intently as Konoe spoke. Harder? If his beast is the nine tails, how would mastering the five tails be harder? she thought. She shrugged and whispered to the dragon to go outside, and he flew back out.

"Help...I could really use that. Can you really help me?" she asked. She had been looking for a master to help her with this, but had yet to find one. Now here was a person who had fully mastered his bijuu, and he was willing to help her with hers. She actually found a master without meaning to. She smiled at him. "Of course I will accept your help. This thing is getting out of control. And if there's anyone who can help me, you can, right?" she asked. She figured that the only person alive who would be able to help her more than the man in front of her would be the Spirit King, and he wasn't technically alive. Yami reached into her pocket and clenched the necklace tightly.

Soon enough, Yami was able to walk without getting dizzy. She looked around at all the destruction again. She didn't have enough money to pay for this. Well, she hardly had any money at all. It was hard to get a job when you started to give yourself a reputation just because you keep accidentally destroying things. Added to that, she had no connections with the air nomad royal family. For all she knew, they thought she was dead, or didn't even know she existed at all. They wouldn't be able to help her finance her run around the world. She just sighed and figured she would pay the owner back later, though he may be too terrified at this point to care. She rummaged around in her bag until she found the small sack of money she had and she tossed it on the counter. The owner was cowering underneath, shaking like a madman.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Konoe looked at the bartender beneath table, fearful and frightened. With a sigh, and a kind smile, Konoe spoke to him. "Contact the Office of the General of the Imperial Army, and ask them for money for the repairs of this establishment," he said. Konoe then placed down a handful of gold pieces. Definitely several times more than the damages done to this place. "A little something extra, for your troubles," added Konoe before leaving the bar behind.

He motioned for Yami to follow him, and the two silently made their way through town. Konoe's goal was to procure them a boat on the river below the cliff, and make their way to Sozin's Island, where he would train Yami in the empty space that was. After much dodging of the citizenry, including a particularly flustered and confused merchant of cabbage who spent much time running from bees, children and that one platypus-bear, the two Jinchuriki had finally reached the bottom of the cliff, and the water's edge.

With several more gold pieces, Konoe was able to procure a small sloop meant for a crew of four to six and several fishing rods, barrels of fresh water, and a few other food-based supplies. "We've got everything," said Konoe once everything was loaded onto the boat, "We'll be going by boat from here, just the two of us. We're going to need space. Lots of space. Once you're on board, I'll get us out into the open sea. It wont take but 20 minutes. Once we're there, I'll meet you below deck and tell you everything you must know about the training to come. Because I intend to teach you how to control your Bijuu."

With that, Konoe turned and boarded the small ship, and began to make the preparations necessary to set sail. Within minutes of he and Yami boarding the ship they were going down the river, bobbing between rocks and other obstacles, and avoiding shallow waters and sandbars. Konoe wasn't part of the Navy, but he knew enough about sailing to get by. It was funny. After he left Sozin's Island the first time, he swore he wouldn't go back until they buried him there after his death. Guess Konoe was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Yami stared at Konoe as he spoke to the bartender. General of the imperial army? Who is this guy? she thought. She gaped at the money Konoe placed on the table, more than she would have in a year. Under normal circumstances, she would be able to find an apprenticeship somewhere. However, as soon as many crafts masters find out that something is wrong with her, many not knowing what, they fear her, and refuse to teach her their craft. Yet there was one group that was willing to teach her, the people who had taught her everything she knew about combat.

As Konoe signaled for her to follow him, she began thinking about how this training would go. How do you master a bijuu, anyway? Seems like it would be something spiritual, she thought.

It wasn't very hard for them to go through the town virtually unnoticed. Word had gotten out that some beastly people had come into town, so most people were hiding in their homes, waiting for Yami and Konoe to leave. Though the closer the got to the docks, the more populated the streets were. Yami watched as the clumsy cabbage merchant seemed to fail in every possible way. That seems oddly familiar, she thought as they walked past. She just shrugged the thought aside and kept following Konoe, until they at last reached the dock.

Yami helped load the supplies on the small boat they were taking. She didn't bother asking questions as to where they were going. "We'll be going by boat from here, just the two of us. We're going to need space. Lots of space. Once you're on board, I'll get us out into the open sea. It wont take but 20 minutes. Once we're there, I'll meet you below deck and tell you everything you must know about the training to come. Because I intend to teach you how to control your Bijuu," Konoe explained as they got in the boat and pushed off of the sand. The river was fairly wide, so they were able to get through without too many complications. Yami could tell that Konoe knew what he was doing. Having never sailed a boat herself, she had no idea how to control it, and left the main sailing to Konoe, while she used her oar to help steer and keep the boat moving forward.

As they pulled out of the river and into the ocean, Yami decided it would be okay to start some conversation. "So, Konoe, where are we going, exactly?" She asked as she watched Fireball fly overhead. His pitch black scales made him hard to see at night, but Yami could faintly see the dragon's figure gliding overhead, and could occasionally feel the wind from a wing beat.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Konoe nodded, "It's a place I used to train with Tsumi and Arlania," he explained, "The Seven and Two Tailed Jinchuriki.  This island is sacred to my family and my ancestors.  It has been the final resting place of my ancestors of the Ezofuji line since Konoe first became Fire Lord almost 1800 years ago.  We call it Sozin's Island now, as it is shaped like the very comet that was used to start the 100 Years War."  Konoe banked the ship to a hard right, and pulled into the bay of Dan-no-ura.  The massive U shaped inlet that stretched from the tip of the Empire to Vermilion City.  The whole island chain was shaped itself like a U.

"It's a secret island, and few know its location.  Those that do are the few allowed to go there," continued Konoe, "It was there that Fire Lord Kouzai I hid from Dark Lord Ibu after a failed attempt to take the throne back from the evil ruler.  And where the Warriors of the Elements led by the ghost of Kouzai I and his son, Avatar Lee, travelled back in time to save the world from destruction."  The Island was truly a mysterious place.  They said that the catacombs of tombs beneath the island's soil stretched deeper than the Fire Lords and their families buried there, and deep into the bowels of the Earth.  No one knew truly how deep.

"You will be training there with me.  And with the statues of my ancestors helping you," explained Konoe, "Just as I did.  These statues, you see, are self repairing, blessed by the spirits.  Their magic allows the soul of the one it depicts to overtake the statue and battle all who enter.  Many of my family come here to train amongst our predecessors, and all Emperors and Fire Lords must defeat all statues of past Fire Lords before they reach coronation.  The point is that with every new Fire Lord added to the hall, it is meant to get harder to defeat them all.  And only those strong enough to defeat them all can take the crown.  You have as long as you want, and may try as many times until one gets it."

"The point is to learn from your ancestors, even the bad ones.  And to be able to surpass them, while learning to never give up.  So far no one has failed."  Konoe smiled as he remembered.  He was good, he got as far as Zuko, but was never able to beat him.  Zuko was the obstacle he was unable to pass...until now perhaps.  He would have to see once he reached the island, but for now, Konoe could only dream.  

Soon enough, they were out in the open ocean. Away from shore. Though, it appeared just slightly on the horizon, like a thin slice of bread. The mainland of the Empire was small compared to the territories it controlled, then again, they were close to the mouth, so it was only natural for you to be able to see Land. Soon enough, they'd be out of Imperial waters and into international ones. Just another day to Sozin's Island. "It's kind of too late to say no, as we've already set sail," said Konoe, "But are you still up for the challenge of controlling your Bijuu like me?"
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:37 am

The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 5c59d6350f422fc856c76a6580f308ce
When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst of all and the blood's run stale, I wanna hide the truth, i wanna shelter you, but with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide.

Yami looked around her at the open waters. It had been a while since she had been on a boat, and even then it was a large ferry, not a canoe. She spent most of her time inland, or in the air. Yet gliding along, she felt calm, like the uneasiness she usually felt slipped away, just for a moment as she listened to every word Konoe said. Sozin's Island. A historical location that played a key part in the history of the world, and it remained a secret to most people. Yami thought it would be better that way. A peaceful island that once was a place of refuge, or a hyped up tourist destination? The former is the better, by far.

"It's kind of too late to say no, as we've already set sail," said Konoe, "But are you still up for the challenge of controlling your Bijuu like me?" The question rang in Yami's ears. She closed her eyes, and there, as present as always, were terrible images of people she killed, lives she had destroyed, all because of the stupid beast inside of her. She shuddered at the memories and opened her eyes, looked right at Konoe. "Yes. I can't keep hurting innocent people. I need to stop this...this thing inside of me. It's terror is getting out of hand," she said, then turned back out toward the water. It really was a beautiful sight, seeing all of the surrounding islands in the chain, and being able to look through gaps in the chain toward the endless horizon. As Yami looked to the east, she noticed that the sky was beginning to lighten. It had been a whole night. Yami didn't know how long she was stuck as the beast. It must have been more time than she had originally thought. She shook her head from the mind boggling thoughts of how fast time can pass while one is not in control of their own body.

"So, I'm going to be fighting statues of a bunch of dead guys?" She said, thinking aloud. She wasn't sure how that worked. Some kind of spirit magic, combined with necromancy bending. She shuddered again at the new thought. She had met a necro bender only once, and that was the last time she ever saw her father. She wondered if he would make some sort of appearance. It was a test of ancestry, but all of the statues were fire lords. Would it be possible that she would come in contact with her father, whom she had murdered, again? The thought made her want to curl up in a ball. She never wanted to see that man again.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Konoe looked at Yami.  She seemed almost unhappy to have a Tailed Beast within her.  He knew how she felt; it was how many Jinchuriki felt before they learned to control their beasts.  "It's not a bad thing to be a host," said Konoe, "You're a lot stronger with the beast.  And there's a reason cousin Owlan domesticated the beasts.  He didn't have to take them from Demon Island--he could've sent them back to the other dimension the gods banished them to.  He thought the Bijuu could be tamed, and taught to like humanity.  I don't know if that's going to happen any time soon; more like it should take several centuries first but...every little bit helps."

"And that's another thing, if you're going to learn to control her you'll need to be civil to your beast," said Konoe firmly, "You will not refer to her as an it, you will not insult her and you will not call it a thing.  The beasts have consciousness too.  Do you think they're stupid?  If I kept being insulted by a child whom I knew I could crush in a second under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be too willing to work with them either.  You've got to keep in mind, that you are very insignificant to your beast.  It's a fact, humanity is.  In fact, they don't need us half as much as we need them.  If we lost our Bijuu, we would be comatose until we died or rotted away.  They would be perfectly fine without us, however."

Konoe was telling Yami the harsh truth.  If a host kept hating the beast as much as the beast hated the host, then the two of them were going to get no where.  "So as long as you're training with me, I will not have any derogatory words or thoughts towards your Bijuu, or any Bijuu for that matter."  Konoe was very serious about this, and he was not going to put up with it from anyone, least of all another Jinchuriki, who could easily understand the pain of being hated like she were truly the beast itself.  Konoe was spared from that, as he was the heir to a royal house and related to the Emperor.  Not to mention being the General of the entire Imperial Army.  No one could disrespect him for fear of political backlash.  But others weren't so lucky.  Even other royal family members from the other natures.

Konoe turned the ship due east, and kept his eyes on the horizon for any sign of land.  They'd be there in a few hours, at this speed.  There was a strong eastward wind at their backs, and so long as it held up they wouldn't need to worry about delays.  "Yes, you will be fighting the statues of my ancestors," affirmed Konoe, "From Tsun-Zu to Kouzai I, Zuko to Nara.  Every Fire Lord in history and their families are buried on that island.  Their souls live there too, or so its said.  I've never really tested the theory, but feel free to crack open a tomb if you want, though I'll be honour bound to arrest you if you do.  Just saying."

Konoe was a blunt man, even blunter when it came to training others.  He was a military man, he had no luxury; at least not the one that allowed others to speak softly, gently and let people down easy.  Sweet words were only meant for the weak.  Konoe always told the truth, no matter what.  If the people found out that their military lied to them later, it would only cause distrust and unrest in the nation.  A nation that does not trust its military was bound for danger.  And so, in his job and in life, Konoe told everyone the full truth, regardless of what they may think of him after.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Yami thought about what Konoe had said. Prior to that day, she didn't even know that Kokuo was a she, or that her name was Kokuo, for that matter. It can be a little hard to tell with giant beast hybrids, and the fact that Kokuo rarely spoke anything but spiteful words to Yami, she never had any personal information on Kokuo herself. She only knew what little she had found in the spirit library, and that knowledge was very limited. All she knew was that she was one of ten hosts in the world, though the locations of the others remained a mystery. She also discovered that a little over fifteen years prior, all ten of the beasts were sealed inside of people, mainly children. Could I really become friends with her? After all, she did kill my father, but was that a good thing, or a bad thing? Yami thought back to the day she had tried so hard to forget. Her father had been about to kill her. He had never loved her. But that arrow was guided by the beast, saving Yami's life, and potentially saving her from a life of beatings and torture from her father if she were to survive.

Yami recalled the words that Konoe's Bijuu had said when they were fighting. He had mentioned that all of them, if release, could take over the world, and the Jinchuuriki would be left to rot. Yami closed her eyes and remembered her last big nightmare, during the last full moon. She was frozen to the ground, watching as Kokuo destroyed everything in sight, personally killing all of Yami's loved ones. She gasped and opened her eyes, nearly falling out of the boat. She looked down at her hands. Just what am I? she thought. Well it's quite simple, you are an insignificant little human, just like Cone Head or whatever his name is said. Yami recognized the voice. She was about to retort, but Konoe's words rang in her mind. "You will not refer to her as an it, you will not insult her and you will not call it a thing. The beasts have consciousness too.  Do you think they're stupid?  If I kept being insulted by a child whom I knew I could crush in a second under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be too willing to work with them either. You've got to keep in mind, that you are very insignificant to your beast." She breathed deeply. Kokuo, she thought, addressing her by her name, This man's name is Konoe. He is here to help us. Both of us. Maybe we can finally live in peace, once and for all. I'm sick of all of our senseless arguing, we act like little kids, siblings who just can't get along. After fifteen long years, I think it's finally time we start anew. I'm listening. Please, Kokuo. I know that after I realized you were here, I tried to avoid you, and when I finally did talk to you, it was never anything amiable. But please, if Konoe thinks we can do it, then I think we can do it. Silence. It seemed as though Kokuo were in deep thought. Finally, she responded.

You really are quite peculiar, putting so much faith in this man. You just barely met him. You seem to do that a lot. How is it that you just trust people so easily, after all of the betrayal you suffered as a child? At this, Yami smiled. I really don't know. I guess that's just a part of me, without you, that just knows when I can really trust people or not. So you really believe, even after he tried to kill you, that Cone Head is trustworthy? At this, Yami began to laugh. She stopped herself, astonished. She hadn't laughed like that in years. But she couldn't help it, she just kept laughing. Figuring that Konoe would be confused she turned to him.

"She called you Cone Head" and began laughing again.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Konoe only chuckled. He was not going to insult the Bijuu, far from it, for it would be breaking his own rules. But he would certainly chide the beast a bit--ruffle it's feathers, or fur. Scales. Exoskeleton. Whatever this beast had he would ruffle it. Konoe closed his eyes, channeled his thoughts to Kurama, the Nine Tailed Fox within him, and released them through the unexplained channel of mental communication that existed between all of the tailed beasts. "You're's one to talk, Kokuo," smirked Konoe in his head, "Four horns, the body of a horse and the head of a dolphin. You're not exactly the prettiest beast out there."

"That," grumbled Kurama, still feigning sleep, his eyes closed and head resting on his paws, "Would be myself. The most majestic of all Bijuu." Konoe chuckled, at the fox's seemingly passive response, and laughed harder when Kokuo returned a comment; about how Son Goku, another of the beasts, would beg to differ. "Son Goku was also too big for himself," retorted Kurama, "I remember he liked to talk. A lot. But he so rarely...delivered." Kurama let out a yawn as Kokuo told him that 10,000 years could change someone. Kurama, however, was no longer listening as he closed off the connection between him and Kokuo and actually went to sleep.

"Lazy old fox," said Konoe to himself, "He'll just lounge like that for days you know. He's sulking; trying to make me feel bad for him so I'll let him out to have some fun for a bit. It never works. Well, almost never." Konoe then returned his attention to the sea, keeping an eye on the map that was knifed to a board beside him. It was actually two maps in one. Half the map was a map that showed how one could navigate their boat towards Sozin's Island without their boat being destroyed by the security measures, and the other was a topographic map of the Imperial Mainland and any waters surrounding it. It showed the height of mountains, and hills, the depth of valleys, and of course how deep the ocean was and revealed the locations of any rock formations or sand banks.

It was a handy piece of equipment, especially for one going to Sozin's Island. It was said the island was found by an Ezofuji prince a few generations after Fire Lord Zuko, and was named for it's shape, which was that of Sozin's Comet. Only the Ezofuji family knew where it was, and how to find it on a map--not to mention how to get there safely and in one peace. "It's said," spouted Konoe suddenly, "That Sozin's Island was the last refuge of my family--the Ezofuji Family--after Dark Lord Ibu invaded the Fire Nation and took control of the throne. Back then the Dark Nation was a mighty and powerful Empire. Years of peace and military superiority had made us lazy--not just the Fire Nation, but the other nations as well."

"Fire Lord Honno-ji passed away before the attack--it's said that when Dark Lord Ibu heard Honno-ji had passed away, he remarked 'And now the land is mine.' and so the country was left without a leader. His son, the Crown Prince Nobura, was killed in a naval accident, and his grandson, the new heir Prince The Great Lord Kouzco was not of age. The Fire Sages ruled as a council, as was custom during the old days, and they relied too heavily on our increasingly out of date weaponry and military strategy, and that our allies would come to help. Ever since Zuko made peace with the Earth Kingdom and the other nations, the Fire Nation became reliant on trade and alliances. When Ibu invaded, the Fire Sages sent word for help to the Water Tribes and Earth Kingdom."

"The Water Tribes wouldn't have made it in time, and the Earth Kingdom refused to do nothing and instead prepared for invasion. They let the Fire Nation fall. It was a sad and crushing defeat. Many of the Ezofuji family were killed then, those who remained fled the capital for Sozin's Island, and stayed there, hoping to live until the war was over or they could plan a grand return with an army of loyal followers. Those who weren't lucky, who were living abroad, were killed. Ibu hunted down, or tried to at least, all members of the Ezofuji family; distant, close, marriage. It didn't matter, if you had any claim to the throne you were murdered. He also killed anyone who spoke against him, worshiped the Ezofuji royals, and any noble family who refused to bow to him. Temples and historic monuments built for and by the Ezofuji were destroyed."

"Culturally, it was devastating. Many important artifacts were destroyed or sold off, or melted down for the war effort. It was only a quarter of what we had--the Royal Library was moved to Wan Shi Tong's after Fire Lord Zuko took the throne, to make up for what Zhao had destroyed. We only ever kept a quarter of anything we had on hand for research purposes, and when we were done it was shipped off to the Spirit Library. But still, any kind of loss of historical importance was sad. Did you know the Empire only just finished repairing the damages done to historical buildings and monuments last year?"

Konoe ended his tale there. He could tell Yami wanted to hear more, to know what happened to the Ezofuji family next. "I know, you want to hear more of what happened, but the rest of the story will be told later. Perhaps I'll tell a bit when we arrive; or maybe I'll wait until you advance to the next stage of your training. That's how my mentor trained me. He told me legends, fables and stories--even historical anecdotes--from all the nations, even Nippon, and I would get so engrossed in what he was telling me that I'd keep training harder and harder to hear the next part. See he'd tell them in bits, just to keep me working hard so I could hear how each story ended. It worked."

Then Konoe remained silent for a bit before saying one last thing. He could see Yami was unsure of herself, or if she would even progress. She was scared of what Kokuo could do, no doubt having rampaged and killed in the past. She was after all, just a child, and was an even smaller child when the beast was placed within her without her permission. That kind of stuff effected a kid growing up. Some survive, most don't. A lot of people get screwed up either way. "You'll be fine, I can see success in your future. You have the courage and perseverance necessary to succeed," Konoe paused, "But if you're really that worried we're still close enough to the mainland that you could Waterbend your way back to shore. I wont stop you; I'm not holding you were against your will. If you want to run and leave, you can. I wont chase you down or stop you. But do remember that every day that passes without you being able to control your Bijuu is another one you could possibly go on a rampage again. You'll live your life afraid of getting mad, or afraid of losing someone close, or afraid of killing someone you care about without realizing. You'll live without real emotions, afraid they'll set you off, and you'll live alone and scared because you don't know who you'll kill next. Is that any kind of life you want to have?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)   The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beastly Encounter (Kouzai, Loolaalee)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next