Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Yami Sentoki 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Yami Sentoki I_vote_lcapYami Sentoki I_voting_barYami Sentoki I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Yami Sentoki

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:21 pm

|BASICS|
Name: Yami Sentoki
Birthplace: A little village in the fire nation. Its name is unconsequential, as it no longer exists.
Current Residence: Wherever she can sleep without being arrested.
Occupation: Whatever little job she can find. But someday, she may have to become a hero to this world.
Element: Fire (cyan), water, vapor (combination mastery)

|PETS/MOUNTS|

Name: Fireball
Picture:
Spoiler:
Personality: Fireball is like a guardian to Yami. He stands regally, ready to protect her at any cost. Whether it’s because he has a connection with Yami, or because he views her as his treasure to protect, Yami has no idea. Regardless, he seems to really like her.

From time to time, Yami can get him to drop the regality he always carries and get him to play with her. In these rare moments, he is excited and often very energetic.
Brief History: After Yami ran away from home, she had nowhere to go, nobody to take care of her. She wandered alone in the woods for days. She sat down in a little clearing, almost resigned to the fact that she was doomed to die. She was hungry and thirsty. She couldn’t stand anymore. So she sat and waited to see what would come next.

She lifted her head when she heard rustling in the bushes. A dark dragon walked calmly into the clearing, making his way slowly towards Yami. She was terrified but knew that trying to run would only make the situation worse. Besides, she could barely stand. She definitely wouldn’t be running anywhere.

The dragon looked down at her, studying her. He seemed perplexed that she wasn’t afraid. Or maybe he could see how pale she was. After they looked into each other's eyes for a while, he walked up beside her and dropped to his belly. Yami grabbed onto his horns and he took off, carrying her into the sky. He brought her to a freshwater creek, then helped her hunt for meat. From then on, the two stayed together, helping each other survive.

|WEAPONS|
Name: Hellfire
Picture:
Spoiler:
Brief History: Yami went galumphing through a cave one day, after being stuck in there during a storm. She was surprised to find a dragon’s hoard, that appeared to have been long since abandoned. She took as much money as she could carry and this cool looking bow.

Name: Blessed Be Thy Flame
Picture:
Spoiler:
Brief History: Tournaments don’t come around very often, so when Yami found out there was one, and that there was big prize money involved, she didn’t hesitate to sign up. And before you ask, no, she didn’t win. But the guy who did win was a water bender and had no use for this hammer, which was said to enhance firepower. He gave it to Yami as a congratulation for fighting well, and because she was disappointed she couldn’t win the prize money. He took notice of her tattered clothes and had pity on her. He told her to sell it, but she decided to keep it. The dragon on it reminded her of Fireball.

|OPTIONAL|
Birthday: May 14
Family: Father: Kurosaki Sentoki
Mother: Teru Sentoki
(both are deceased)

|APPEARANCE|
Hair: Her long brown hair is generally tucked into her cloak, so most people don't generally see just how long it is. Straight, it actually reaches almost to her waist, but she puts her cloak on over her hair in a way that it conceals it without being uncomfortable.
Eyes: In her natural state, her eyes are a shocking sapphire blue, one of the many traits inherited from her mother. However, being the host for the Five Tails, her eyes will turn white when she has control over the bijuu.
Height: 5'5”
Clothes: She wears a short sleeved, dark green shirt and dark brown pants that aren't baggy, but at the same time are loose enough to provide easy movement, making it easier for Yami to run. On her left forearm is a sort of gauntlet, used to protect her arm from accidental self-injury due to bow issues. Over everything, she wears her cloak.
Skin: She has a slight tan, but only because she’s been sunburned multiple times. She is very fair skinned.
Body Type: She has an athletic build, developed over years of running and training. Her back muscles are especially toned from bow use.
Picture:
Spoiler:

|CHARACTERISTICS|
Personality: She doesn’t like to be cooped up, and prefers running free. Crowds make her nervous too, because she’s afraid that people will find out her secret or that she might hurt people without wanting to. Thus, she feels the best when out in the world, often when flying on Fireball. The open air is much more comforting than a city surrounded by walls.

Yami is hard to get close to. She pushes people away because she’s scared that letting anybody too close will only lead to more pain later if something goes wrong, especially by her own hands. After her parents died, she was left with an empty void in her heart. Perhaps one day she’ll find someone to fill that void, someone who would love her enough to be willing to be around her when they inevitably learn that she’s a Jinchuuriki.
Personal Strengths: Archery, Flying, Cooking, Running, Thinking
Personal Weaknesses: Clumsiness, Paranoia, self-doubt, introversion
Hamartia: She can’t bring herself to trust anybody. If she doesn’t fix this soon, it may bring about her downfall because she wasn’t willing to let anyone help her.
Personal Hero: Her mother. Yami always admired how her mother seemed to go through so many struggles, but always came out on top. Almost always, anyway.
Dreams and Ambitions: She wishes she could be free from the power she never wanted. She wants that weight to be lifted from her shoulders. She wishes that she could spend every day with Fireball without a care in the world.

Likes: Little kids, archery, baking, climbing, dragon flying

Dislikes: People who interrupt her, liars, death, bears

Brief History:

“Yami, come inside, it’s getting dark!”

“Okay, mommy!”

A six-year-old Yami rushed through the back door of the house. She was immediately greeted by the smell of meat being cooked. She took a deep breath. Boarcupine. That was her favorite thing to eat.

“Daddy got a boarcupine?” She asked. She was confused, as boarcupine meat was a rare delicacy that the family could rarely afford.

“Nope. I shot it myself.” Heavy footfalls rang across the small house as Yami’s father walked into the kitchen. “I wanted to sell it, but your mother insisted that we save it and make it for you! Happy birthday, kiddo!” He bent over and picked up the little girl, who seemed so small compared to the large man. “Now, how old are ya? Three? Four?”

“I’m six, daddy!”

“Six? Well, I’ll be, pretty soon you’ll be a woman!”

“Kurosaki, dear, can you get that meat and start cutting it?” Yami’s mother interjected. “And put Yami down, I need her to help me set the table.”

“Sure thing, Teru.” Kurosaki set Yami down and moved towards the fire. Meanwhile, Yami got out three plates, glasses, and sets of silverware, setting them at their respective places around the small, circular table. Kurosaki sat in the seat closest to the front door. Teru sat on his right, while Yami sat on his left.

Soon, there was nothing but carcass left. The leftover meat had been wrapped up and placed in the cellar. The carcass would be saved to make a stew the following day. Yami brought the dishes to the sink, where her father washed them and her mother dried. The happy family smiled all the while, happy with what they had: each other.

Oh if only things could have stayed so nice.

When the dishes were put away, Kurosaki left the room. Upon returning, he carried a large brown package tied with a piece of twine. Written on the package were the words “To Yami, love Mom and Dad.” He handed the gift to Yami. “Go ahead, open it, birthday girl!” Yami excitedly took the gift and sat on the floor. She ripped the packaging off to reveal a small, wooden bow and twelve arrows. She looked at them in awe. Her name was carved into the bow.

“Took me hours to make. I needed to get your mother’s help with the arrows in order to have it ready in time. So? Was all that work worth it?”

Yami jumped up and hugged her parents. “This is the best gift ever! Thank you, daddy! Thank you, mommy!”

Suddenly, Yami felt a striking pain in her head. She swayed, and would have fallen over if Kurosaki didn’t catch her.

Teru put her hand against Yami’s forehead. “Yami, you’re burning up!” She quickly pulled her hand away. There was a burn on the area she touched Yami with. Kurosaki soon jumped in alarm as well. They stared at their daughter, unsure of what to do. She stood in a daze and was completely unresponsive to repeated attempts to get her attention. The room got warmer and warmer, Yami acting as the source of heat. Then it ignited.

House fires happen. It’s a common accident in the Fire Nation. But houses don’t explode into flames. The neighborhood was shocked at the sudden burst of fire. But they were even more shocked to see Yami, completely engulfed in flames, running from house to house, setting them ablaze.

Her eyes were white. A white glow shone around her body. She had been chosen by the 5-tails Bijuu and was running a rampage. By dawn, the village had ceased to exist, and Yami woke up lying in a pile of ash. Not a living soul remained. The smell of charred wood and death hung in the air. All Yami had were the clothes on her back and the bow that she hadn’t let go of since she opened it. Whatever had caused her to destroy everything had also chosen to let her keep the one thing that could help her survive. Perhaps the Bijuu wanted a way to make sure the child she had chosen wouldn’t just die days after the choosing. Or perhaps it was to serve as a cruel reminder of everything she lost that night.

Yami sobbed. She screamed. She did everything she could to drown out the voice in her head. “You did this. This is my power. We are now one. I am Kokuo.” Those four phrases continued to repeat, over and over, until Yami met Fireball.

She’s only traveled with him ever since. She roams the world, never lingering in one place for too long. Kokuo had made the choice to rampage every full moon, and Yami had no way to fight against it. Every full moon, she destroyed something else. Every full moon, she ended lives. Every full moon, she wished she weren’t alive.

It took a while. But eventually, she came to accept the way things were. Hating herself wouldn't bring her family back, wouldn't bring back any of the people she killed. She would have to learn and grow.
She started meditating, attempting to strengthen her bond with the Bijuu. Despite their differences, the duo eventually formed a sort of acquaintanceship. But without a master, Yami would remain at the beasts mercy.

Having a giant spirit's soul merged with Yami's did have its perks, though. Yami quickly discovered her ability to water bend and spent hours training to get better. One day, while sitting in a hot spring, a thought occurred to her.

Steam is just heated water. Fire and water together. Would it be possible to combine fire and water and make something new?

She was 10 when she realizes it. The first time she bent steam, she was 15. She began trying to control water in the air as much as possible. While a normal water bender could pull water out of the air, she could focus it. Concentrate it. Bend it to her will. After 3 years of training, she achieved mastery over steam. Vapor moved at her will.

Last edited by Loolaalee on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:14 am

Unlocked for editing, by user request.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:35 am

Approved Edits.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 pm

More edits are needed. Tsumi you need to check these things :p

Maybeth, whose character is the Air Queen, Lin Dao has said your characters can be her cousins as the Jinchuriki MUST be close relatives of the royalty. You do not have to change anything except including that. At least set the birthplace to the Northern Air Temple. Lastnames can change depending on if your father was Lin Dao's aunt or whatever. But the birthplace needs to be changed and also make mention of Lin Dao, or at least that you're related to her in here :p that is all! It's still approved just needs some small edits.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:30 pm

I took care of it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Reapproved! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Unapproved, by my request. I just need to make some adjustments. I was reading through this earlier and realized how sloppy it looks. It shouldn't take long to make my edits.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Alright, done!
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Reapproved!
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Yami Sentoki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yami Sentoki   Yami Sentoki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yami Sentoki
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next