Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_vote_lcapThis isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_voting_barThis isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_vote_lcapThis isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_voting_barThis isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Singla
Student
Student
Singla

This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 am

It was night time to Lullabia, she had just back from Oshama from performing for a family there. She was ready to just jump out of her carriage and take a nap or just have some fun. Taking one of her pills, Lullabia swallowed it before the carriage stopped. Stepping out at the center of the city, Lullabia sent for her things to be taken home. Dressed in her normal little black skirt and red corset. Sitting on the stone fountain, Lullabia pulled up her foot to fix her boots. Relacing them as they were loose, she looked around while doing so. Her violet eyes seeing the people walking around ready to turn in for the night or get ready to have fun. Standing up, Lullabia checked her side makig sure she had money. So she walked around stretching her legs, looking for something good to eat. It was so nice to be home from her singing job, she sometimes didn't like doing the concerts but same time it was nice.
She followed her nose to a noodle shop, seeing the pasta she was starving though she wanted some baked goods.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 pm

It took Nanuq seemingly endless hours to get past the Vermilion city gates; it's guards being hesitant to allow a Northern Water Tribe water bending master to pass into their city. "You cannot pass water bender!" proclaimed the guard with a hearty laugh, "I'm just passing through. Believe me, i just want to see the sights then i'll be out" Nanuq replied in almost a pleading manor. The guards glanced at each other for a second with comical smirks displayed prominently across each of their faces.

"Go on. Two days" The guard said, thrusting his thumb over his shoulder and nodding to the guards atop the control tower overlooking the scene as it took place. With a mighty roar, the gate thrust backwards, relinquishing the sight of a beautiful town where the majority of its people strode back to their houses in search of their beds and a good nights rest. Smiling from ear to ear, Nanuq entered the city happily, his senses immediately being welcomed by the smell of freshly cooked soup, various breads and other meals out for display. The outlining sides of the marketplace buildings ran by him as Nanuq continued through the city until stumbling upon a small quaint soup shop where three men could be seen working tirelessly in the back.

A waitress showed Nanuq to an open table and sat him down where he quickly ordered the soup and a hot cup of tea. Glancing around the room, Nanuq admired the eloquent decor displayed across the eatery and even more when the hot tea hit his lips and sent him on a path to seemingly endless relaxation.
Back to top Go down
Taliesan
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Taliesan

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Having recently been exploring some ruins near Vermilion City, Talam decided that the best place to get some well earned food and rest was in the city itself.

It was nearing nightfall by the time he came upon the city gates, where he wanted to get through as quickly as possible. So when he approached the gate guards to request entry he made sure to have some clay idols with him, which he had bent from the ground mere moments before.

As I approached, I heard the cry of "Halt Traveler" as a guard approached me. When the guard reached me he asked "Why do seek entrance into the city?"

Crossing his fingers behind my back I replied," I seek to sell these ancient artifacts I have discovered.", while showing him one of the clay figures.

"All right, be about your business"

My ruse having worked, I then hurried quickly into the city and tried to find the cheapest lodgings I could find.

Having asked a local where I could find an inn, I hurried down a street only to find my way blocked by a young firebender.

"Hand over all your money and you wont get hurt."

"Ruddy firebenders" I swore under my breath, just as I slipped into the ground and reappeared in the next street. Having used up my remaining energy I followd my nose to the nearest soup shop and sat down to a steaming bowl of soup, all the while asking myself what i was doing in the Vermilion Dragon Empire anyway.
Back to top Go down
Singla
Student
Student
Singla

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

((Tasiesan - ur writing changed half way through not sure what to do with the last bit))

Lullabia stood in the noodle shop, seeing a water tribe man in the corner of her violet eyes. Wondering though how the tribes were doing, she hasn't been to either northern or south water nation yet. Though She was thinking of visiting the northern water tribe to see what it was like up there now. Her grandmother being a daughter of the northern tribe, she much liked the warmer climates for the fact she could wear shorter outfits.

A young girl walked up to Lullabia no more than six years old eatting noodles with her parents. The little girl was adorable to her, knelling down before going to her table.
"Miss Singla...can you sign my..." The little girl asked as she held out her own little song book with Lullabia's last name on it thinking the girl wanted to be a singer. "Please?"
Lullabia smiled at the little girl, and pulled a pencil from her purse that she normally uses to write her music with. Signing the little girl's book, she patted the girl on the head. Telling the girl if she wants to be a singer to never stop practicing. Lullabia was hungry though, so she went to a table in the corner of the room near the water tribe man that she had spotted earlier. The waitress brought her some green tea, but Lullabia was waiting for her soup that she wanted.

It had been a while since she had been home. Pulling back her pink hair over her shoulders, Lullabia pulled out a small book on water bending from her bag, wondering though if her grandmother was going to test her on her water bending skills or not. Lifting her head she looked around the room noticing another person coming into the noodle shop. Placing the scroll down on the table in front of her, she took a sip of her tea before turning to the man at the table next to hers.
Not sure if she should say hello or not, she didn't want to offend in anyway. "Hello, um...are you visiting Vermilion City?" She smiled trying to be friendly, she felt like she might have asked the wrong thing. Rubbing the back of her head. "That is. Sorry. I don't mean to bother you if I am." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Nanuq turned to the newcomer with a bright smile as he set down his barely hot tea, "Not at all" he replied, "And yes i am. Just got here actually, i am a traveler you see. My father set out from the Northern Water tribe when i was just a boy..never saw him again. I suppose you could say that he inspired me to see what was outside the icy gates" he chuckled, "No offense to this place or it's people but i do not plan on staying here very long. I have some things from the Earth Kingdom and want to return home to lighten my load. Plus there's the perks of being home..nothing like it".

He paused as the waitress set down a bowl of soup in front of him; he thanked her with a nod and a smile before turning his attention back to the pink haired girl that sat across from him. "Please" Nanuq said resuming conversation and signalling the girl to the open seat in front of him in the booth, "My name is Nanuq by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you" he added. Upon seeing the condition of his spoon, however, his smile faded and turned into a slight frown with a sigh as he placed the spoon down, thankful he did not use it, and hovered his hand over the bowl.

With a slight twist of the wrist, the broth began to circle around the walls of the white cup. The steam slowly began to rise up quicker and release an aroma of its mouth watering taste; with a flick of his wrist, a stream of controlled broth hovered into his mouth with ease causing Nanuq to laugh afterwards as he relayed what he had just done in his mind. "Amazing how much fun you can have if you have the imagination and spirit. So, how might you be?".
Back to top Go down
Singla
Student
Student
Singla

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Hearing that the man was not from around here, she was amazed that he has been traveling just for the sake of traveling to see the world. Taking the offer to join his table, the idea sounded good to speak to another water bender. Picking up her book and tea, she sat with the man named Nanuq. She hadn't heard the name before, but she was glad to know someone new now. Though he wasn't staying long in town, she wondered about the northern water tribes.

"That is nice, I have never been to the water tribes before. My grandmother was from the north." Lullabia smiled, as the waitress set her soup down in front of her. "Thank you miss." She smiled, placing a pill in her mouth she swallowed it with a bit of tea. Forgetting her manners for a moment. "Oh nice to meet you Nanuq. My name is Lullabia. I actually just came from the earth kingdom tonight from a performance I did." Lullabia put her book away not but lifted her head when the man performed a skill of water bending. Watching it, it was rather cool to her eyes.

"That is awesome. What tribe are you from? I never really met another water bender before other than my grandmother and mother." Lullabia smiled at seeing the skill. Hearing his question though made her think. "I am good." She said before taking a bite of her soup, she didn't feel like water bending at the moment her grandmother always told her it wasn't good to show off water bending unless using it for training.
"I agree with the imagination. though more fun to use bending in a show. shows kids that bending isn't just for fighting but also can be used like an art and good." She used her fingers to make the broth in her soup dance almost like a flower blooming. she was skilled at making things out of water.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

"Northern Water Tribe" Nanuq replied, his smile constant and unchanging as he spoke and listened to her responses, "I just recently was given the title of master there but in my mind, a title isn't something that is earned or given to you by people higher up. Instead" he paused as he took what remained of his tea and formed it into a petal then froze it with his icy breath and placed it on the coaster of his tea, "It is something your friends and peers give you. To me, there is nothing more important than friends and family. I'd rather have them think of me as a master than the royal family".

The soup bowl in front of Nanuq was drained in a matter of seconds after he concluded but the ice flower he had created from his remaining tea still stood frozen solid. "Each element has it's own beauty. Whether it is displayed correctly or not depends on the person" Nanuq explained as he pushed the coaster with the flower on it over to Lullabia, "So! This play you do. When's your next one?" he asked, the curiosity inside him growing as he continued his conversation with the woman whom he did not know mere minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
Singla
Student
Student
Singla

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Lullabia giggled and ate her soup while listening to him, Nanuq was right and it was nice to speak to someone from the water tribe. she did enjoy the company she was having for once. It wasn't like some people that liked her for her stardom in certain areas of the country. Listening to the fact that he was a master made her rather confused. She didn't know about masters of water bending.

Finishing her soup, she nodded her head to his comment on family. Family and friends are important, if you can't turn to your family and friends then whom could a person turn to. Lullabia smiled at Nanuq. "I agree Nanuq. But what is the northern water nation like? I have never been to them. It is true that friends and family are more important. I would drop my career like a hat for my family." Remembering her family how her father and mother died, she pushed it aside and thought of her grandmother's smiling face. "Hows one become a master?"

Looking down at the flower, Lullabia smiled at it. touching it, she lifted her eyes to Nanuq with a sly smile on her face when he asked her about her next play. "I don't play. I sing, I haven't done a play yet, was hoping to do one in the omashu in the summer. But I mainly sing and use my water bending skills in the performances. Its kind of my way of training." Looking at the frozen flower, she picked it up and stared at it for a moment. "This is a beautiful flower. I have to learn how to do this. May I ask what you were doing in the earth kingdom?"
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Nanuq laughed, "Yes family and friends are important to me. I send them letters nearly everyday about my travels and i make sure to return every now and then to make sure not to maltreat them of physical sociability" he paused at the question of mastery in the Northern Water tribe but the idea of it came back to him within seconds, "You would have to go through training underneath the masters. Only the males however are allowed to become masters and fight on the front lines. Women are trained for healing". The waitress sprang on the sight of an empty bowl of soup and offered another then rushed back to the kitchen to place the bowl in the sink once hearing that he wanted no more.

The subject of specific jobs divided by sexuality in the Northern Water Tribe wasn't a particular subject Nanuq liked speaking about but he had no problem giving information to those who asked it. Once she asked another question, Nanuq pondered the answer for a moment then replied, "Traveling isn't that bad to be honest. You meet new people all over the place. Some not friendly, others very friendly. I myself have picked up a few friends along the way, it's just one of the many perks of traveling.". He paused for a second as he reached into his pouch and took out an Earth Kingdom map and spread it across the table, marked areas showed where he had been and wanted to go. Lines went up the west coast all the way up to Omashu then back, "I hope to reach Ba Sing Sae soon. Maybe when i come back next time. While i was in Omashu i met a strange man who ended up helping his city form a true government with what he called his awesomeness".

Nanuq chuckled with his still held smile and turned to his cup of tea as it was refilled by the waitress on her way by, "I would very much like to attend one of these performances. Add it to my list of great things i've seen" he chuckled hearty, "I would be more than happy to give you a tour of the tribe if you ever get the chance of coming up".
Back to top Go down
Singla
Student
Student
Singla

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Lullabia listened to Nanuq's words she wasn't sure what to say about anything. Hearing about the northern water tribes habits, she wasn't thrilled about it but she didn't show it. She had figured out why her grandmother wouldn't take her to live up north now. Lullabia had no interest in healing water but then again the healing water bending could be what she needed to heal.

"I haven't made much friends in traveling. Kinda hard at times with my condition, my manager as I can him always keeps me inside half the time unless I run out to see the city." Lullabia giggled, she hated having a heart disease but she was happy to finally be making some new friends. "Kind of sucks though that the water bending is only for males. My grandmother always told me that the northern customers were different than from the ones I was raised with." Lullabia drank her tea and allowed the waitress to bring her another cup. Seeing the map on the table

Lullabia paused and listened to his words about traveling. She had never been to as far as he has before as well. Nanuq was well traveled but then again she was young and knew she would see more soon. " Ba Sing Sae. hmmm I was there two months ago. Its nice. Alots of fun." Hearing about a tour of the water tribe she thought about it and how she had some time off. She wanted to see the northern tribe to see where her family came from. "Um...I would love that actually. If you wouldn't mind, actually I might just go up there. I have some time off. Plus be nice to bring my grandmother back some stuff from there." thinking about it and looking at the map at the direction she would have to go. It wasn't that far she believed, farther than she would normally go but she was willing to do it if it meant seeing her people. "I know we just met, and I know you are busy maybe. But..." Her face went red trying to ask. "Would you mind if I tagged along a bit just till the northern water tribe? Maybe they might have a healer there I need. I feel that it is good to know where my family comes from."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)   This isn't no lullaby (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This isn't no lullaby (OPEN)
Page 1 of 38Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next