Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_vote_lcapThe Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_voting_barThe Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_vote_lcapThe Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_voting_barThe Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) Empty
PostSubject: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Owlan, dressed in his Imperial Battle Armour, stood within the thick of the woods, just before the plains. He sat on the back of a purebred, Imperial Warhorse, looking out through the thicket of branches and brambles of the trees. It was like looking through a stained glass window, the whole pictured was broken and divided, and when the light filtered through you could almost make out the whole picture. Next to Owlan rode the King of the Northern Water Tribe, King Anuk of the House of Leihing. Owlan had promised Anuk as much support as he asked for, as well as graced him with several gifts. The first was a personal, war horse with the armour included, from which Anuk could ride into battle alongside his troops.

The second, was a personal made katana, which Anuk could use to extract revenge upon the magicians of Ullondor for the injury of his daughter and the near death of his family. Owlan looked over at the king; he was almost 10 years his senior, and yet the two of them looked to be the same age. Owlan either attributed to the cold temperature of the North Pole that allowed Anuk to keep so young, or Owlan had begun to work too hard for his own good, and age was not gripping him as well as it had Anuk. Regardless of which option it was, Owlan knew nothing of young or old now, what mattered was experience, something which he and Anuk had excess amounts of.

The two rulers, an Emperor from and ancient and pious regime, and a king from a noble and dignified monarchy that has withstood the test of time and misfortune. The both of them had bound their armies together under a unified banner for the battle that was coming. Owlan grasped his swords from their sheaths, the first one which he wore around his waist, was Owlan's main sword, and was his personalized one made only for him; as was tradition. The second one was an ancient katana that had been passed down from the first Fire Lord, Fire Lord Konoe.

"Anuk," said Owlan quietly, "Are you ready for the attack?" The two kings had planned for months for this attack. Owlan had already secured the Empire a base by taking the town of Akkaera, but now it was time for the Water Tribes to gain some footing in Ullondor, and gain themselves a base. Owlan and Anuk's plan was simple yet effective: they would wheel the siege towers and catapults from the woods, slowly but surely and barrage the city from just outside the wall of trees. The trees would provide cover for the ground soldiers, and would be an excellent form of retreat incase the catapults were rained down on with magic.

Once the walls were weakened substantially enough, Owlan and Anuk would charge forward with their armies and begin their assaults on the walls themselves. They would bring the battering rams and ladders, and move the siege towers closer to the walls in order to get over them and invade the city from the inside. Once inside, the army's job was to find the leader of this city, and then either make him raise the white flag and surrender, or kill him and use his death as a means to force the soldiers to retreat.

"Be ready to move and give your soldiers the signal," said Owlan as he began to veer his horse towards the left, where the bulk of his soldiers were. He was to give them orders, while Anuk commanded his soldiers on the right and Kael, Southern King, commanded soldiers in the centre. "We strike when you do!" said Owlan as he spurred his horse forward towards the left, pushing it into a gallop while he dashed between the thick pine trees of the forest. Owlan pulled the horse to a stop as he entered a clearing where another contingent of soldiers were waiting at the ready; prepared to strike at a moments notice.

Owlan smiled and nodded to their leader, the young king of the Southern Water Tribe, Kael Mist. The boy had just recently become king, and at the age of 16, he was finding the job not as easy as he believed it to be. He was the youngest monarchy in the 6 Nations--though not the youngest in history, definitely youngest at the time--and his experience with wars, battles and tactics in the sense of practical experience was little if any. Unlike Owlan who had battled several times before in his life, and made a name off of it, or like Onao who's fight against crime in the upper ring matched that of the Light Kingdom's battle against rebels, Kael had no experience.

Owlan knew that he was probably nervous, as Owlan had once been in his position. Owlan himself had been crowned Fire Lord at 14, and then at the age of 15, started a war against the Regent Lord of Ember Island and won; earning himself the nickname, Owlan the Lionheart. Owlan slowed his horse and walked it towards Kael. "Hey," said Owlan softly, realizing suddenly that Kael was so much younger than him--to Owlan it always seemed that he and Kael were the same age, Owlan always forgot he had aged 10 years. "How are you feeling?" asked Owlan further, "Look, I know this is your first battle and I can understand just how nervous you are. I've been through the same thing myself, but believe me, it goes away. It's replaced by the thrill of battle and the rush of adrenaline, and hopefully the satisfaction of victory. Stick to the plan, and even more importantly your own gut instincts and intuition--even if it means disobeying the plan if you feel you can do something better--and you will do just fine. Trust me."

Owlan smiled and placed his hand on Kael's shoulder, and then began to unstrap his own personal sword and handed it to the young Water Tribe King. "This sword got my through my first battle, and helped me win," he said, "It's been through a lot with me. It's always given me the courage to keep going, no matter how unprepared and inexperienced I am. You can use it if it helps, and if we win, you can keep it. I will have another one made." With that, Owlan spurred his horse again, and after a loud whiny, Owlan shot off towards his soldiers, ready to head them into battle and to victory. The second battle of this war had begun, and Owlan was on a winning streak.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:26 pm

| King Anuktiluk |

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) 38037210

Anuktiluk gazed over the landscape, a fierce emotion curdling inside him unlike anything he'd ever felt before. He was angry; the magicians' attack on the summit scarred his family in more ways than one. The wizards desired to dominate. They wanted control and foolishly believed their power to conjure whatever they desire from thin air would allow them reign over the benders. Anuk felt such rage at their audacity, but his anger was a unique kind of emotion. The emotion did not cloud his judgement. It did not cause him to do reckless things. His anger was the deadly kind; the cool, passive rage that sharpened his mind and made strategies effortless. The wizards had made a grave mistake attacking his family directly.

Very few made Anuk angry.

No one had ever done it twice.

He placed a hand on the hilt of his new katana, casting Emperor Owlan and King Kael a few cursory, sideways glances.

Nodding once, he moved his horse towards his line of soldiers. The Earthbound Faction contained a creative variety of people. The medical unit hung back, further back than the canons, ready to rush toward the perimeter lines when the fighting started. It had taken a lot of effort to prepare the soldiers for war. So many of them were illusioned by the long era of peace, and were convinced war was a swell little adventure. The men and women standing in front of him now, however, were hardened soldiers, ready to fight for their country.

"Today," he said. "Is the start of our new legacy. En garde!"

The soldiers drew forth their weapons. The cavalry in front readied their rapiers and swords, drawing forth their helmets and glaring at the twist of branches and leaves in front of them. Behind them, other soldiers prepared to move the catapults and siege towers.

"Remember," he told them seriously. "We are weakening the wall before we siege. Catapults will move forward. You all will fight to the best of your ability. Be fast be effective. If a soldier is wounded, aid him to safety. Moreover, let us pray to the almighty gods for our victory!"

He paused for a second. Then, "Unite as one, especially you, tribes! The Fire Lord has been generous to provide us with extra assistance." He cast a meaningful glance to his left. "So collaborate. We cannot delay this attack any longer."

Anuk pointed ahead. "MOVE!"

His soldiers with the catapults and siege towers went forward, the trained combatants using polar bear dogs to help relocate the heavy machinery. Anuk raced his horse ahead of the line, pantomiming his soldiers along.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:36 pm

This was Kael's first battle.

Was he nervous? Hell yes. Kael could feel it through his body, and it left his stomach feeling like a twisted knot. Kaida had always done the fighting, while he had worked with the political side of running a nation. But now, now Kael and Kaida had split the military in two, and she wasn't with him. He had to take charge. Luckily, Anuk and Owlan had both joined and would prove to be extremely helpful, especially since both of their troops were so much larger. Looking at Anuk, the king was staring straight ahead, with a sharp look of determination in his eye. On the other side was Owlan, who met his gaze, and after a moment of hesitation, turned to him.

"Hey," the emperor said softly. "How are you feeling?" Kael didn't answer, but it was obvious enough. "Look, I know this is your first battle and I can understand just how nervous you are. I've been through the same thing myself, but believe me, it goes away. It's replaced by the thrill of battle and the rush of adrenaline, and hopefully the satisfaction of victory. Stick to the plan, and even more importantly your own gut instincts and intuition--even if it means disobeying the plan if you feel you can do something better--and you will do just fine. Trust me."

Kael nodded. Actually, Owlan helped more than he probably thought, as Kael started to mentally check himself. He could do this. He took a deep breath, and Owlan smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. Then, much to Kael's surprise, the emperor removed his own sword and handed it to Kael. "This sword got my through my first battle, and helped me win," he said. "It has been through a lot with me. It has always given me the courage to keep going, no matter how unprepared and inexperienced I am. You can use it if it helps, and if we win, you can keep it. I will have another one made." Kael was speechless. Carefully, he grasped the hilt of the sword and took it.

"Thank you," he said. Owlan only winked and turned his horse away. Determination set in his face, and he latched the sword onto himself. Then Anuk started his speech. He knew his tribesmen were listening intently to him, as they should be. And when Anuk spoke, Kael felt like the king in him was stripped away. He was only another soldier, and one who hadn't seen battle at that. He was relieved that Anuk was there to inspire the soldiers, because for once Kael was at a loss for words. Kael the King, who always knew what to say and who was never phased with whatever obstacle was thrown at him. Obviously war changed that.

"Prepare for battle," Kael shouted as Anuk stiffened. To his surprise, his soldiers listened, preparing their weapons as the catapults were set to be moved.

"MOVE!" shouted Anuk.

Kael spurred his horse forward, his soldiers following suit. Already, he could feel adrenaline pumping through is body and they moved toward war.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Owlan listened for the sound of Anuk's call; at first there was nothing. Just silence. He spent this time conversing with his generals, "Capture the leader of this village, or whoever helps keep order here." Started Owlan, I don't know much about how these villages work, but someone has to keep these people under control. I want you guys to use our soldiers to find them, and bring them to us alive, we kings shall deal with him once he is captive." The generals nodded, and Owlan continued to speak with them about the war proceedings until all of a sudden he heard Anuk shout the charge in the distance. It was time.

Owlan rushed to his horse, and quickly threw himself onto the saddle, he pulled his sword and raised it, and then shouted to his men. "We fight together!" he shouted, "We brave soldiers who fight for our families, loved ones and our nation! We fight together, for victory! For the glory of the Empire! Charge!" With that Owlan reared his horse, his blade caught in the minimal light that flashed in through the branches of the trees, and for the entire charge they made Owlan's sword light up and shine sunbeams in all directions. It was as if for the entire duration of the charge Owlan's sword seemed made of the sun, of light itself. This was, in fact, in part due to Owlan's ability as a light bender, and he caused the light that refracted off the blade remain around the blade, giving it a heavenly glow. As he charged out of the forest he skidded to a slower pace, walking close to the slowly moving catapults and they slowly drudged into position.

Owlan watched as the catapult moved into the place, and his Imperial Soldiers began to fling large balls of oil-soaked wood at the walls and the village; not before lighting them on fire however. The process was simple, roll the balls onto the catapult, light them on fire, and fling them, then cock back the catapult and repeat. All was going well until several flaming balls of fire were returned by the magicians, taking out two of Owlan's thirty catapults. "Trebuchets at the ready! Replacements and back up stand by!" He shouted. BOOM! BOOM! "F*ck!" sword Owlan as three more catapults were taken down. He needed to do something fast, something to thin their ranks, and demoralize their enemy, while also raising the morale of his own soldiers. Thinking quickly Owlan raised his sword once more.

Owlan let out a massive battle roar, and causing lighting to strike his sword. He then used his talent as a fire bender to amass a ball of fire atop his blade, and threw the massive ball towards the wall. As it flew through the air it split into two, the first ball began to grow and grow, and morphed into a massive dragon, while the second ball continued to grow to the same size, and became a majestic phoenix. Mesmerized, both sides stared and watched as the two flame beasts flew towards the wall at top speed, and then soar right over it. Several magicians defending the walls bailed, and jumped to either side of the wall, ignoring the ladders and stairs. They died as soon as they hit the ground. Owlan smiled at this, and while the enemy magicians watched the two animals fly up into the air and explode into a wave of flame like a flaming firecracker, Owlan had the soldiers firing, and reloading already.

The Imperial Army had three more volleys of flaming projectiles returned to the magicians before they began to pay attention to the war again and continue defending. Owlan had just levelled the playing field, he had cut down the number of defenders, raised his troops morale by just a little bit, and caught the magicians off guard. Perhaps this battle wasn't so lost after all.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

| King Anuktiluk |

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) 38037210

Anuktiluk smirked. He was beginning to worry when the catapults were starting to get destroyed, but after the emperor's display, his sense of complete peace returned. The soldiers that were not manning the catapults stood patiently by, wary of the flaming boulders coming their way. Anuk had simulated an occasion like this in training before, both with ice boulders and flaming ones, but the real thing was always different. Now was life or death.

The boulders bombarded the wall haphazardly. Anuk momentarily wished they would all land in the same place, to get the barrier down faster. But then again, there were magicians poised all along the gigantic structure, returning the assault. A spread attack actually increased their defenses by stunning some magicians trying to retaliate.

The epicenter of the attack was weakening considerably, however, and soon they would be able to go through.

Anuk readied his own personal offense. Stretching his arms forward, he drew some water from the plant life surrounding them and concentrated them into a medium-sized, glass-like ice orb. Anuktiluk used one arm to hold the orb high above his head, and then tossed it. Anuk kept it from falling short by using his bending.

A few seconds later, the orb impacted with the wall. Instead of shattering, however, a huge explosion of ice ensued. His attack caked several meters of the wall in frost and even froze some soldiers at the top. Some magicians shouted in surprise, ducking out of the way.

The king smirked. He had been perfecting that technique for years. All his other soldiers could create hellstones, or 'ice bombs', but his by far was the best. The chunks of ice, when stepped on by others or otherwise activated by the creator, results in an explosion of icebending that freezes the victim. The size of the bombs and the power emitted depended on the power of the user.

A final boulder hit dead center of the cover of the ice. The barrier shattered there, producing a huge gap. Another boulder hit lower, and completely opened the stone structure to the village. The soldiers cheered, then moved into position, waiting for a command.

He turned to Kael and smiled briefly. "Prepare. Draw your weapon. I am by your side." He drew his own sword, but not before crystallizing it with ice. The corners were sharper. He never much liked fighting with metal. "PROCEED!"

Back to top Go down
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Kota Moronishi

PostSubject: New orders   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Water tribe general kota moronishi ran up to anuk(on Kori) with an eager look on his face. He wanted to kill the magicians. He wanted the adrenaline rush it gives to him. He was also hoping for his soldiers to gain a chance to see a battle outside of well-protected walls. He was waiting for the king to acknowledge his presence. After about a few minutes of watching anuk throw ice balls he screamed over the sounds of war.

"King Anuk!" Kota yelled in the king's direction. "I request that you let me take a squad of 12 men ahead of the rest to find a way into the the main village and take out the guards stationed!"
If we do that you will take much less casualties and wont have to worry about losing as many of your men. He paused, then continued... "you have to trust me! with the right men we can do it!"

Last edited by Kota on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didnt realize the wall was down :P)
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 am

Kael gazed in awe as Owlan displayed his strength as a bender to the magicians. He raised a phoenix from the flames of his creation and bared it for all of them to see. Slowly, a smile spread across his face. Then, almost as if it was a competition, Anuk made his move. He drew the water from the plant life around them (something Kael could do but it left him feeling sick) and gathered it in a great orb. Following that, he hardened it into ice and threw it at the wall. It exploded. The Northern soldiers did the same as Anuk, and within no time at all the barrier had shattered, leaving quite a sizable hole to charge through. Kael was beyond impressed. How could he fight along these two powerful kings?

"Prepare," Anuk said suddenly, looking directly at Kael. Out of all the expressions Anuk could have chosen, he was actually smiling at the boy. "Draw your weapon. I am by your side." Kael nodded, drawing the sword Owlan had given him. He was a king as well. This is where he was suppose to be.

He knew if Kaida was here and seeing this she would have that wicked grin on her face. Because, even though Kael clung to pacifism, it by no means meant he couldn't fight. He had beaten Kaida in sword play. But this was no longer play, it was time to put the techniques he had been forced to learn into action.

"PROCEED!" Anuk ordered for the second time. Kael spurred his horse and his soldiers followed as they pounded toward the breech in the wall.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Owlan cheered as the wall broke, he would need to thank Anuk later, but now was not the time for that. No; now was the time for action and war. Owlan pointed towards the wall with his sword, "Bring forward the siege towers!" he shouted, "Soldiers prepare to move out!" Owlan dismounted his horse and then shooed it off into the woods where it would be safe from the battle. He then turned back towards the wall, and looked at his row of soldiers, prepared to attack the walls, and Owlan smiled.

"Today we charge on the city! The wall is breached, and now we must fight for control!" shouted Owlan to his soldiers, "As soon as you go over that wall I want you to fight your enemy with the same courage and strength as you would show in any other moment! Show no fear, show no mercy! If you die, then die honourable, face your enemy and look him in the eye! Even a corpse should not retreat! Charge!"

Owlan ran towards the wall, sword alight with shining sun beams once more, and he prepared to assault the city. He climbed the rubble from the wall, as he watched the siege towers push forward; soon enough his soldiers would land their walkways onto the wall, and would pour over the rampart. Until then Owlan needed to ensure as many soldiers as possible would enter the city. He knew the ones that climbed in the way he did would be fine, but the ones in the towers....

It was time for Owlan to get busy; he ran towards the streets of Fis village and began to help his soldiers. He raised his hands towards the skies, and began to fire off large balls of fire into the air. It was a technique that Owlan had developed for a few years, the Flaming Comets. Large balls of fire would fly up into the air and then--BOOM!!--they hit the walls, one by one. No damage was done to the walls, but they exploded in flashes of fire, engulfing and torching anyone who was unlucky enough to be caught in the blasts.

The fire kept falling, but Owlan wasn't done. He ran up the steps, bringing with him a few Water Tribe soldiers. They charged up the stairs, Owlan in point, and the Emperor began to cut through enemy magicians, while barely dodging their magic. A blast grazed his shoulder, but Owlan kept strong, resisting the urge to cry out in pain. In rage Owlan sliced his enemy from shoulder to waist, and then ordered the Water Tribe soldiers into position.

"Take the oil over there!" he shouted, pointing to buckets of hot oil that were sitting by the parapets, "Use your water bending, and drop the boiling oil all over the ramparts, try and hit as many soldiers as possible. Once that is done, clear out and leave it to me!" The soldiers did as he commanded, and and when they were finished, Owlan waited until the ramparts were cleared, before he used his fire bending light the ramparts and soldiers on fire.

Owlan then took the spare time he had while the soldiers were busy putting themselves out to examine his shoulder. Just as he thought, the armour had been completely torn through, the entire shoulder pad was gone, and his shoulder was singed, and he wasn't going to lie, it hurt like hell. But Owlan needed to stay strong, be brave and bear through it, for the sake of his soldiers. To Owlan, no matter how strong a soldier is physically, his will is only as strong as his leader's, and if his leader had a weak resolve and little will, then a soldier was as good as useless. That is why Owlan needed to stay strong. For his soldiers.

Owlan heard the shouts of the Soldiers, landing on the parapets as the siege towers rolled into place. As the magician soldiers screamed in pain, Owlan greeted his soldiers, who's platforms landed on the wall, and they began to dismount the siege towers. The true battle had just begun.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 pm

| King Anuktiluk |

"Yes you may," Anuk told Kota, commending the young man's sense of strategy. "I agree that such a move would be advantageous to our cause."

Once the soldiers breached the village (following a very flashy and impressive move on Kael's part), the Dragon Emperor seemed intent on ordering his soldiers around straightaway. Anuk was somewhat affronted by this, but acquiesced anyway, reminding himself that they were under a unified flag, after all, and that he may order the Emperor's soldiers around as he saw fit, as well.

However, much to the king's satisfaction, his soldiers glanced at him for approval before doing anything at all. Anuk nodded regally. "Do as the emperor commands! But avoid women and children!"

This village reminded him too much of the typical village back home. Rows of cottages and small gardens littered the space. They stood in more of a suburban area, and the 'downtown' market was sprawled with tiny factories and markets. The outskirts of the village was moreso geared towards agriculture and production. All the selling went on downtown. The village appeared to be on the very brink of modernization.

And the damn place was in chaos.

Villagers scrambled from their homes, toting along few meager belongings and stealing away, presumably to the very other side of the village. Without a doubt, they were being evacuated. A small army of wizards stayed behind, which his men set to work fighting. Anuk, from his vantage point atop his horse, saw very many soldiers rushing toward the oil. They completed their task, plenty of oil-singed soldiers stumbling around in their wake. Not even their spells protected them, as his soldiers were fast and effective and got rid of any spontaneous creature that arose.

Anuk scoffed. He had expected dragons in every corner, men in robes waiting behind every alley. Hooded warriors standing on rooftops brandishing wands. Some of the people seemed rather thin and pathetic. This was hardly a battle; their soldiers outnumbered the wizards from what he could tell.

Anuk rallied up a great amount of his soldiers. "The leader might try to evacuate!" he explained tersely. They set off, spreading out amongst the perimeter as Anuk moved the assault on the opposite side. Soon his view of the Emperor and Kael fell away -- he was going to leave it up to Kael to decide what he was going to do -- and he soon enough found a large gate where a myriad of people were escaping.

Anuk had a selection of soldiers launch hellstones, watching as the gate sealed and the citizens stumbled back, startled. Wizards launched a volley of spells at Anuk's men, and a few went down. Cursing, Anuk cleaved a few soldiers of his own, the horse carrying him far in a few bounds. Innocent civilians ducked into spare cottages and homes. Anuk did his best to keep them safe; as much as he hated magicians, the sight of innocent children warmed him.

Now with the village sealed, they needed to battle through the wizard army to reach the leader.

If he hadn't already escaped.
Back to top Go down
Kota Moronishi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Kota Moronishi

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am

Kota gave a slight nod and rode ahead of the three armies, along with twelve elite polar-bear riders. Kota looked at their worried faces and smiled. "We'll do fine, we just need to stay in the shadows and know when to strike." Kota and his squad were gaining a lot of ground on everybody and were beside the ranks of magicians. Kota looked down at Kori and petted her head. "It'll be okay mom. He said as he dismounted Kori. "Just wait outside of the walls." Kota waited for his other twelve men to dismount and then they walked in the shadows to a couple of magicians who were separate from the others.

Kota put his hand to his sword as if to unsheathe it, but then quickly took it off. "I don't need my sword for these ass-holes," He thought to himself. "no. I have a better idea." Kota bended water out of his canteen and towards the magicians. He was to put it in their mouths and freeze it, restricting their breathing. He then gestured for his men to kill another straggling squad of about six. As they moved towards the squad they heard the armies moving in on the magician's front lines. A shrewd smile came across Kota's face as he drew his sword and sprinted towards a mass of magicians killing all that he could. As he was spilling blood the thing going through his mind at the moment was... "What if Anuk and Owlan can't break through the lines?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)   The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Water Tribe's First Step; Help From a Friend (Open to All Fire and Water Benders)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next