Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_vote_lcapHe Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_voting_barHe Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_vote_lcapHe Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_voting_barHe Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) Empty
PostSubject: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

((OOC: The reason I've opened this to all fire benders and not just the nobility and military is because Owlan is the type of leader that encourages civilian involvement in the Nation's affairs.))

Epic Battle Music for the Occasion!!

The Airship Force
Imperial Authority
Spoiler:
Iron Dagger
Spoiler:
Marauder
Spoiler:
Predestination
Spoiler:
Incarnation
Spoiler:
Regular Airships
Spoiler:

The Navy
Cerulea
Spoiler:
The Lionheart II
Spoiler:
The Lionheart (Just Pretend There's One Boat]
Spoiler:
Regular Naval Ships
Spoiler:

Owlan watched the land down below from the viewing platform of his personal Airship, the Imperial Authority. It was flanked by several other ships meant to protect it. Down below was Owlan's Imperial Navy, lead by the Lionheart, the Lionheart II and the Cerulea. Both the Navy and the Airship Forces were followed by several hundred regular airships and naval cruisers, each with the same objective, take over the town Akkaera, and reinforce the soldiers with supplies and more troops.

All of the Nobility, Military and even the voluntary citizens were armoured and ready to attack. The forces had already landed on the beach, and begun setting up a foothold from which they would attack and conquer the town. This was a poorly protected area of the so called Thaef Faction, therefore few magicians would be around to defend their lands, making it easier for the small force of troops to take what was not theirs.

Owlan's goal was to take over this town, so that the entire Imperial Military would have a base from which to strike from in later parts of the war, and a place to send all troops and resources so that they could supply their soldiers with the necessary supplies and reinforcements easier. If they controlled parts of the land, it would be easier to move soldiers and supplies through it, making this one just one step easier to win.

Owlan, dressed in his regal and imperial battle armor, was ready to lead his troops in the fight, and was ready to transfer between The Lionheart naval cruiser, the Imperial Authority Airship and even down to the heads of his armies, where he would lead his armies on horseback. Regardless of where he was, Owlan was never going to leave the front lines. This attack, as well as the one the Earth King was coincidingly making at the other end of the land on the Founder's Island, would be the first strikes of the war, and as a wise man once said, "He who strikes first in battle, wins."

A general came up behind Owlan, "What are your orders for the soldiers, your Imperial Highness?" he asked with a bow. Owlan turned towards the general, and with a small breath beforehand, said, "Have the airship fleets lower below the clouds and reveal ourselves, drop bombs--minimally, I don't want too much damage to the city--and weaken their defences just a little bit. Furthermore, I want the navy to exit the fog that we have been creating, and launch a few flaming projectiles towards the city, take down the wall. Have those strikes reinforced by the trebuchets and the catapults that are on the beaches and hills surrounding city. Tell the soldiers to begin marching towards the walls as soon as the first breach is made, do not stop barraging the walls until there is at least two breaches on each side, to allow for a constant flow of our troops to enter the city unhindered."

"Should we use the siege towers?" asked the General. Owlan did not even need to think about his answer, "No," he said instantly, "No, do not use the siege towers, there will be no need. Do not use them unless we cannot breach the walls within an hour or until our first wave is defeated. If either of those happens, use the hooded siege towers to allow us to board their ramparts and get into their city without worries of barrages." The General bowed, "Yes, your Highness," he said walking away, "I shall see to it that it is done." Owlan smiled as he left, the war had officially begun, and Owlan was not going to come out the looser.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Yukina
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Yukina

He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) Empty
PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

Scrutinizing the surrounding area from the viewing platform of Second Lieutenant Kotetsu Kururugi's airship, Predestination, the brunette noted the unique and unfamiliar lands of the New World. Followed by countless other airships, navy fleets bellow the clouds, and regular airships and cruisers journeying along behind, on that day, the Vermilion battle forces were united together to capture for themselves town Akkaera, and claim the area as their own to signal the start of the war.

Continious volunteer citizens, those ranking high in nobility, and Vermilion Air Forces and Naval Forces were on the ready, fully armored and prepared to strike at the almost defenseless habitat of the magicians. Only here minor details of the Thaef Faction and the magicians themselves, the lieutenant and captain of that airship, however, knew they were not a force to be reckoned with lightly, which was why they were so heavily equipped.

Aware of the overall plan and hopeful outcome of their attack, this mission was designated to create a central base from which to strike from in later parts of the war to come, and a location to properly send all troops and resources so that they could supply their soldiers with the necessary reinforcements and supplies more efficiently.

Dressed in his red, official battle attire, Kotestu began running his calloused fingers through his choppy, layered mess of brown locks, before turning abruptly to the side when he heard someone address him.

"Lieutenant Kururugi. What are your orders?"

"We proceed the route we are going, until we hear otherwise from the Imperial Authority and receive a signal," Kotetsu answered firmly, standing in parade rest as he continued to observe through the main window. With a sharp eye, he suddenly whipped his head in the direction of a small flame seen in the distance. Undoubtedly a firebender sending multiple flames as if they were representing different commands in some sort of code, a commanding officer in the lower deck of the airship produced similar flames in response.

After receiving word from the other fleet, Lieutenant Kotestu called out to the navigator as he moved to the station of the Imperial Firebenders, "Lower the airship so we're just under the clouds, and still able to be seen. Ready the bombs so they can be discharged, but keep the amount to a mininum. We do not, and I repeat -- do not want to leave the city in ruins, but simple give them a fright and weaken whatever defense they have on them." Then flashing a satisfied grin as the engineers and crew were beginning to fulfill their duties, the brunette playfully yelled, "Keep in mind, I do not intend on losing our first battle together! This is going to be one hell of a takeover, boys!"
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Lahija Zekarion

Lahija breathed through nervously, as they left the clouds and swept downwards. Her eyes scanned over the town, but then she realized again why she was here, and looked out for the Emperor.
Once more, she was on direct protection detail. Only a few days back, he had still been the Firelord. Now he was an Emperor.
The royal guards had been split up as well. Most of them had been reassigned to be the Imperial Vanguard, but some of them, an elite minority amongst the already elite minority of the army, had been chosen to become the Imperial Special Soldiers. Lahija was one of them, although she had only been in the royal guard shortly before the division happened.
She was proud, but she knew that her mother hated that change. It brought a lot of honour to their house, but it also was a dangerous assignment. The most dangerous assignment one could get these days.

Lahija herself was not so sure yet what to think of her new title. After the Summit, she had been promoted to First Lieutenant for her excellent services on the balconies. A lot of people had been promoted the last few days. And a lot others had died back at the summit. Lahija did not permit herself to wonder why there had been a position open for a new First Lieutenant. It was obvious. Someone else had died, so that she could get her promotion. Earned or not, the empty spot had been there because of the casualties at the Summit.

Lahija forced herself to focus again. They were almost upon the city now, and instinctively, she tensed every muscle. Her arm, luckily conceiled by her battle armour, was full of goosebumps.

Then it came, the order. His Majesty lifted but an arm, and someone else yelled "Boooooombs!" She could hear how this cry was echoed from the other airships, how the bombs rattled out of the ships and dropped into the sky.

There is no such thing as gentle bombardment, she thought, there is no such thing as s clean victory. Down there, people die. Just the magicians, for now, but soon also our troops. Some months ago I would have been down there with them, fighting with them side by side. All I can do up here is watch, and keep His Majesty safe. The noblest of all causes, probably - but not the bravest. No, certainly not the bravest.

Deep down below them, there were the first detonations.

So that's it, she thought almost bitterly. It's done. War is upon us.

Wezan Alryk

Wezan looked downwards uncomfortably. He stood right next to his captain, comanding his own airship. He would much rather have chosen to fight in the front lines. Wezan was an earthbender, and being so far from his natural element made him feel tense and uneasy, just as his new uniform did. He had been promoted to Captain after the Summit. He liked his new ornated armour, but he felt like he had not earned it properly. Yes, he had been there. Yes, after sucking up his own pain he had managed to organize that their wounded were rescued out of that crater, he had managed to minimize the damage. But still. He had not fought. He had not been a soldier, just a nurse.
Wezan, too, had become part of the Special Soldiers after serving in the royal guard for three years. He had often proven worthy of trust, being a strong earthbender. Not a master yet, not quite, but almost. The best earthbender they had in the whole Vermilion Army. That did not mean much, but it meant something.

The Marauder was a sturdy ship, broad and almost clumsy-looking. Just like Wezan. She was the one ship in the whole airship fleet that he liked at least halfway. The downside of navigating her was that he could not be down there, where the action took place, where he could actually do something.
But obviously he had shown that he was a decent leader, keeping a cool head in difficult situations, and if this was where they wanted him to be, it was where he would be.

The orders were simple and clear, and Wezan had no problem following the plan. Besides, he had never been one who questions orders. He followed them, stoically, almost stubborn. It was his greatest strength and also his greatest weakness.

From the neighbouring airship, he could hear the yelled "Booooombs!" and he, too, lifted up an arm and gave the signal to fire. Down below, he could see how fire and dust burst up in the first explosions.

It was all he could do to not flinch. He had been there when the bomb at the Summit had fallen, killing dozens of his brothers in arms instantly and wounding him. Had it not been for the waterbending healers, he had not been fit to fight today. He still was not fully recovered, this was one more reason why he stood up here, far from the actual battle, in the role of a mere spectator. Well, not only a spectator.

They flew over a watchtower, and Wezan yelled: "Get that tower, boys! I want to see it burning!" The less towers, he figured, the less have to die on the ground in an attempt to take them.

Rozan Shang

Rozan licked his lips nervously. They tasted salty, just like the sea all around the navy fleet. Together with a handfull of recruits from the Special Soldiers, he had been commanded to be part of the first wave that was supposed to take the city, as soon as they were cleared to go. As soon as there was a hole in that wall big enough for three people to get through at once.

Far above him, he knew that his best friend, Wezan, too was on his first command. Wezan had been given the command over a sturdy, important air ship. The Marauder.
It did not really surprise him, Wezan had shown great leading talent on the Summit and had been promoted to the rank of Captain. Rozan was glad that they had been put into the same Special Soldiers Unit, although that meant he had also been placed in the same unit as that strange woman, Lahija. A woman full of mystery, and anger. She frustrated him with her low-birth-rightousness. Her everlasting aura of "I worked for what I got, I pulled myself up here". As if he hadn't worked! As if he had gotten this post just because of Terzan and father!

Okay, to be fair, Terzan and father had played their roles. Otherwise he would not have come so far up. His promotion last week (to First Lieutenant) had been the first one he got not on behalf of his wealthy and influential family.
No, that had been for helping to save dozens of lives on the balconies, for losing blood on behalf of the Fire Nation. Correction: The Empire. Rozan smiled grimly. It had been about time to reform the state and take their colonies under closer protection. They needed to stand united against the threats from those magicians. If someone had asked him, the Emperor should have commanded all the armies, not just the Imperial one.

In the distance, he could hear explosions, he could even smell the smoke of burning buildings, hear the shouts of the soldiers on the massive walls of Akkaera. "Ready yourselves," he said sharply to his troop of soldiers, and watched them grimly as they obeyed his orders. "Don't fear death, nor pain," he bellowed sharply, as he put on his helmet and tightened the sheaths of his doubleswords on his back. "Pain is a part of life, and all men must die. That is the truth. Yet I was told you are the bravest and most ready among the entire army. And why wouldn't you be? We are the once to be send in first. We will see the battle first. We will be the first to have blood on our blades, to bring honour home to our families! But we do not fight for glory, nor for honour. We fight because we have to protect everything we hold dear."

As he talked, he watched his men closely. They looked nervous, just like him. Most of them had eager, but young faces. They have even less experience as me, he realized, we were never supposed to live through this, we're just bait. We're like the first pieces of pai sho to be pushed forward. The ones that will fall for sure, but that will give the other pieces a fighting chance. I have to make them pull it together, and get through this. Somehow. Doesn't matter how. But we have to pull through, and to do that, we all have to pull together.

"I know some of you from the training grounds, and others stood right beside me when the enemy attacked us cowardly at the Summit!" Rozan exchanged a look with two of the men of whom he knew they had been there as well, had fought there as well. He was not the only one who had lost friends that day, who had been injured and just healed in time to fight again today.
"I know we will not hesitate, we will not retreat, until that town is ours. The hopes of all our army, navy and airfleet are upon us. It is our part that is the most important one today."

With that, he turned away, and looked foward, where the shore came closer, almost reachable.

Calmly, Rozan started to recite an old prayer to the spirits, hearing how his men fell in after the first few words. Together, they prayed, asked the spirits to take their souls should they die.

Then they just stood there, shoulder by shoulder, ready to land and charge on Akkaera.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:54 am

Owlan could hear the bombs hitting the buildings below, the people screaming as their houses were destroyed and as their family members were hit by the blast and the shrapnel that was caused by them. Owlan did not like hurting the innocent civilians, but he could not take a chance in these conditions, after what had happened at the Summit, Owlan had already witnessed the full extent of these Magician's powers. They had no limits.

Owlan couldn't take the chance that the citizens didn't know Magic, and that they wouldn't use it against him and his soldiers. Owlan needed to put fear into the hearts of the people, on top of killing all Ullondorian military support within the city. With not magician soldiers protecting them, and knowing that the Imperial Army was not afraid to kill them should keep them in line and allow Owlan to keep the town under control.

Under normal circumstances Owlan would not even listen to this kind of plan, dismissing it as violent and cruel, in any normal war Owlan would've sent an envoy first, or if he did attack he would have at least only permitted military deaths and order no civilians to be harmed. But these were not normal circumstances, and this wasn't just some skirmish with Light Bender rebels, or against another one of the nations. No, this was war like none had seen the likes of before.

These magicians weren't particularly into discussion and envoys, having witnessed this first hand at the Summit, where they let loose an entire invasion force to destroy the Elemental Kingdom and kill three monarchs in the process. Had it not been for Raiden everyone would've died, and no doubt the magicians would've killed everyone in the Six Nations, or enslaved them. Either way, Owlan was glad that it did not come to that, and now that the war had begun, he was prepared to show even less mercy than the magicians had prior to this, he was going to be ruthless and he was going to show everyone why he is called "Lionheart."

"Move the soldiers towards the walls and began to bombard them!" shouted Owlan with such battle hardened ferocity that a few of the commanding officers at the helm jumped in fright at his sudden outburst, "Once there's holes in the walls begin moving the soldiers in through the gaps! Move the boarding parties into their siege powers and move those into position! I want this finished by sundown!"
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm

General Cao Cao sat ontop of Inferno in line with the vast majority of the army soldiers on station and staring into the eyes of the numerous soldiers, he saw some nervousness as rumors of these alleged magicians where spreaidng fast, but mostly he saw eagerness and the yearning for battle. He liked that, Cao Cao knew that strong willed soldiers where victorious soldiers. Inferno snorted angrily and beat his hooves into the ground in eagerness, dressed in his calvery armor. Cao Cao dressed in his own sinature armor and helmet looked towards the other soldiers and then with a kick rode down the lines a she addressed the soldiers rpeparing for the charge. "Soldiers of the Dargon Empire! You men and women are the finest warriors on the planet! To lead you here and now is my greatest honor. Look there in the distance, see as our air forces prepare thier bombardment to open the gates for us. Our Imperial Majesty is here, guiding us like a dagger cutting across the sky! Take hope, take pride, take your destiny by the horns and claim it!" he declared as he rode up and down the line of cheering soldiers gathered outside the city who prepped for the siege. Soon the sounds of the airforce dropping bombs was heard as orange plums and belching smoke erupted from the city.

However a few moments later, a Major rode up with orders from the Emperor himself. Understanding, Cao Cao pulled out his sword and raised it into the air, as he did he shouted loudly as he screamed, "FOR OWLAN AND THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE! ATTACK!"

All the soldiers screamed a united war cry with Cao Cao and soon Cao Cao was issuing orders as the soldiers carried them out and obeyed his commands. "Catapults, tanks, and mortars are to move into postion and begin to bombard the walls! The airforce softened them up, now we drive in the nail. Infantry and calvery will cover the bombardment units and prepare to storm the breach we make. Be ready for any enemies that try to greet us before we make the breach. Archers, cover our rear flank along with reserve calvery. MOVE OUT!" The soldiers obeyed the orders and soon various heavy bombardment units where surrounding the city with soldiers and fire benders of all types ready to storm the breach.

Cao Cao stood with a massive unit of calvery, infantry, spearmen, and fire benders who watched as the catapults and mortars moved into postion with a few tanks. Looking at the main gates of the city, Cao Cao raised his hand and then swung it down in a signaling motion, "FIRE!" he shouted. As he gave the order, on all sides of the city the main army opened up with a blaze of fire balls, mortar arrows, and flaming rock sailing into the city and the walls with mighty crashes and bursts of flames and explosions that saw buildings in range burst into flames and erupt into fire that carried some smoke and ash into the air. Smiling happily as he saw the plan work as the walls weakend with each strike, Cao Cao nodded to a soldier who responded with a set of flags and started to signal the Imperial Authority.

On board the flag airship, a sodlier with a telescope saw the signal flags and called out to Empero Owlan on the deck. "Your Majesty, excellent news. We have word from General Cao Cao! The bombarding units are in postion and laying fire onto the city walls as you ordered. At the same time the General has the army surrounding the city to storm the breaches keeping the units tight and ready. As you ordered he has kept the siege towers and ladders on stand-by only deploying them on your command. Majesty, the General is requesting orders as to objectives in the city when he breaches the walls. He wishes to know specifically if I understand.......would like him to bring you the City Governor's head to you personally, or alive so you may deal with him yourself Majesty?"

Last edited by Cao Cao on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yukina
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Yukina

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Lieutenant Kotetsu was initially excited for his first war; invigorated, in fact, after hearing the news they were going to strike. However, upon seeing the burning, helpless villages and their defenses weakness immensely, a pang of guilt couldn't help but be sent through the heart of his core. No, he was a lieutenant of the Vermilion Dragon Imperial Airship Force. Hell, he even had his own airship. There was no room for grace, or remorse. He could not allow mere victims, prey to the wrong place at the wrong time allow him to falter and discontinue his duty. Through all of the hardship he has been through, and is still undergoing, he stayed strong. He couldn't possibly crumble as he heard the sound of an unprotected child.. or, could he?

"Lieutenant, we have orders to move our men towards the walls as we continue commencing the bombardment. Once there's opening within the barriers, we are to begin the movement of soldiers in through the gaps. Then, lead the boarding parties into their siege powers, and move them into their positions. The Vermilion Emperor requests it is all done and accomplished before sundown."

Taking in the commands given to him from his commanding officer, all of his previous thoughts seen to have been pushed out the window of the brunette's mind. Giving a stern nod, he pointed his finger in the air as he moved from his position in the viewing deck towards the bombing quarters to tell them the plan. "Ready the men and continue to load the ammunition. The barrier will be crumbling by the time we are finished, and our mission will be done long before sundown. I am sure of it."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Owlan watched from the airship above as the bombs hit the city below, hitting houses, streets, and important infrastructure. Owlan didn't like hurting the children and the women, and the innocent men and other civilians who weren't involved in the fighting, but scarring the soldiers by threatening the people was one way of getting them to back down and stop their defense, and then turn the city over to Owlan.

Owlan figured that if they surrendered soon, there would be less damage to the city, less dead civilians and soldiers, and the easier Owlan would have to be with martial law. The more resistance they showed, the more Owlan would need to keep them under his foot; he didn't like it, but he needed to be able to hold this city, and when the city was filled with a group of civilians with powers that match their soldiers and have no limits or weaknesses, measures had to be taken.

Owlan turned towards his generals, and then shouted, "Prepare the volleys from the catapults!" he shouted, "Just one, mind you! After the first volley, move the catapults out of the way....wheel out the cannons. I want those walls down fast, minimize casualties on both sides, and quicken out invasion pace." "How many would you like on the field, Your Imperial Highness?" asked one of the generals. "Ten thousand...." said Owlan pensively, "Per platoon. Take as many men out of the skies if need be, place them on the ground and have them work the cannons. Land over there in that clearing, and begin rolling out the troops and the cannons, I'll go with them." The generals bowed, "As you wish my lord," he said, "You heard the man! Begin the landing party!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

The blind general walked into the command room wearing her general outfit. "The landing party is ready." Said Nahseta with a salute. She then moved towards the table in the room and placed a map of the village on it. "We have two parties ready to enter the southern wing of the village." She announced pointing at it. "We also have troops ready to infiltrate the north and east." Moving her finger to the two areas. "I will lead the attack in the west." She finished. After finishing she stood back up and took her hat off "We have them surrounded and outnumbered. We have great chances of victory, but we will have casualties. "
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 am

Cao Cao's messenger watched the flag signals and understanding them turned to the noble General. "General, the Emperor wants one final volly from the catapults and then he wants to fire the cannons. At that point he orders that all soldiers move in and begin the strike on the city" he explained as Cao Cao sat on top of Inferno looking at the city. Cao Cao nodded in understanding and began to issue orders to the army aorund him and at other sectors. With a motion of his hand, the catapults opened fire again slamming the walls and causing heavy cracks to appear.

"Roll out the cannons and pull back the catapults. Keep that siege equipment on hand and I want all soldiers to prepare to attack the city!" he ordered as the catapults where pulled back and soon replaced by the cannons that had been brought. As the cannons where prepared, a Mjor to Cao Cao's right pointed to the gates as they where opened. "Sir the enemy is opening the gates, they are coming to mee t us on the field" the Major shouted as numerous silver armored soldiers form the city charged forward form the open gates weilding swords and spears. "The fools, brave of them to meet us but very foolish. They have given us an opening to exploit" Cao Cao said with a smile.

As the Thaef soldiers marched and ran forward towards the Imperial positon, apparently targeting the cannons, Cao Cao raised his hand and made a signal. As he did, the ground shook and rattled like an earth quake and the Thaef soldiers came to a stop in confusion. That confusion turned to fear as on both sides of them, where Cao Cao had staitoned them, Imperial Calvery men on horses and rhinos charged the attacking gorup screaming thier war cry. Cao Cao wathed with a smile as the calvery attacked and the sound of bones, armor, and wepaons breaking was heard followed by the screams of the dying Theaf soldiers. The Calvery was mercilless and spared not a soldier as the Theaf attackers broke and fled back towards the city. However before they could reacht eh open gates, they where cut down by a volly of arrows form a platoon of Yuyan archers.

Cao Cao nodded happily as the attack was broken and his men regrouped, the cannoneers soon reported they where ready and Cao Cao raised his hand again and shouted, "FIRE!" The sound of cannons opening fire was soon heard on the sides of the city and as the mighty balls impacted the walls, the fiery explosions lit up the sky around them adding tot he fires. CaoCao waited for a moment and then it happened; the walls infront of him crumbled, cracked and shattered to pieces leaving the city wide open on two sides. Cao Cao smiled happily and unsheathing his sword rasied it into the air victoriously. "The walls have fallen, and the city is ours. Charge men and take the destiny that is ours! FOR THE EMPEROR!" he screamed with pride as he brought his sword down.

Witha united war cry that carried across the battlefield, the Imperial Dragon Army charged into the city using the breaches they had made. Infantry, calvery, tanks, and support units poured in, smashing down the damaged gates or crawling over the shattered walls of the city. Cao Cao himself rode into the city leading a unit of men and was soon slashing enemy soldiers down left and right as Inferno snorted and neiged angrily. Occasionally he would throw a fire ball at a goroup of soldiers who would run from the flames. Arriving in the city he tooka moment and was soon reorganizing his forces before advancing further as the army with him followed his golden armor and red cape as a guide to victory.

Meanwhile, back on the flag ship of the air fleet a soldier was running towards the Emperor's war room. Entering the soldier ran past the Generals in the room and approached Emperor Owlan, bowing to his knees and asking permission to speak before presenting a report as was customery. When he recieved the permission the soldier raised his head with a smile and said, "Your Majesty the walls to the city have fallen and the army is entering now at your orders. Army General Cao Cao has secured two of the gates and on your orders is prepared to advance into the city. He is reorganzing the army inside the city and is securing it slowly and awaiting futher orders from you" he explained.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Owlan watched Cao Cao lead his soldiers into the walls of the city fo Akkaera. More importantly, he watched as his cannons did as they were supposed to; they were money well spent. Owlan had not seen a single shot that did not contribute to falling of the wall. Each shot cased the wall to fall and crumble down in pieces. Each piece weakend the wall, and each time the wall weakened, Owlan's soldiers were one step closer to finally entering the city and taking it over.

Then came the final boom, and the wall came crashing down, crumbling onto the ground in a pile of rubble. Owlan cheered as the wall came down; Cao Cao and his cannons had done it, and his soldiers had done it. Owlan was proud. "Sir! Cao Cao has breached the cities walls! He is pulling all soldiers in for an attack and awaits your orders!" said one of Owlan's advisors.

Owlans next move came to him naturally, he needn't think about what he was going to do, for he already knew. It was something he had commanded of all of his leading generals since he was 15. Whether he was Emperor, or Fire Lord, Owlan was not going to give up the thrill of fighting in a battle, nor let his soldiers sit out there and die while Owlan was safe inside of an airship away from the battle. Every soldier of the Vermilion Dragon Empire Owlan considered as family; children, brothers, sisters. Owlan could not, and would not let them down.

He would not let them face any danger that Owlan didn't, and he was not going to send them out there to die while he kept himself alive. Owlan was no coward, and nor was he an deserter of his people. "Tell him to freeze every single soldier where they are once they are within the walls," said Owlan as he drew his sword and began to walk towards the exit of his airship, "I don't want anyone to make another move until I reach Cao Cao. I'm going out there to fight with my people, my family and friends. If even one of them takes one more step without me, I shall have them court-marshalled, and that's an order. Furthermore, have Lieutenant Kotetsu lead his division down closer to the city. I want them hovering above us, with their guns, cannons and machine guns manned, to provide cover fire if we need it." And with that, Owlan was out of the escape hatch and charging across the battlefield towards Cao Cao and his soldiers.

Owlan dashed through the giant tear in the stone walls of the village. He ran between soldiers, his sword drawn, drawing cheers from his soldiers as they saw him charge into battle. Within minutes Owlan found Cao Cao, and he skidded to a halt beside him. "I wasn't going to sit back and let you guys have all the fun," laughed Owlan, "You take the left, I'll take the other half of the soldiers and sweep the city to the right. We'll move in semicircular positions, moving with the wall, and then we'll meet up on the other side of the city. Take out as many soldiers as possible on both sides, enemy of course, and then we'll head towards the centre together. Got it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)   He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He Who Strikes First, Wins (Open to all Fire Benders, Vermilion Empire Nobility and Vermilion Empire Millitary)
Page 1 of 1