Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
A different system I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
A different system I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
A different system I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
A different system I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
A different system I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
A different system I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A different system 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
A different system I_vote_lcapA different system I_voting_barA different system I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
A different system I_vote_lcapA different system I_voting_barA different system I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A different system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

A different system Empty
PostSubject: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 am

Although I'm typing this on my phone at school I really feel strongly about what I'm going to say. You can already see what I'm going to say by the title. As you all know, there's a new system involved with RPing, CHI. I worked extremely hard on so many posts to catch up but I have to redo them now Sad I thought instead of doing math and super basic algebra in the RP, we leave it in this hellhole I'm currently in. A substitute could easily be an energy bar saying Full Energy, Ok, Sleepy(?), exhausted or something stating their chi levels without math.

This is just what I feel so yeah, please take this into consideration.
Thanks for your time.

~ Deej
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:37 pm

As said in the chi system topic, the chi system only applies to topics made after the chi system was put into effect. No revisions are necessary.

EDIT- I see what you're saying. If you could find a way to limit bending usage, while allowing the member to increase their character's limit through RP, we'd gladly use it.

Or, we could make the Chi system optional. What do you guys think?

EDIT 2- Also, an energy bar would be much harder, and require math, still. You'd just have a graphic representation of the existing math.
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 pm

The Chi system will not be optional. For reasons I will explain to Saru personally, I will NOT allow it to become option. If it's going to be option, what is the point of having it at all? All that work, gone, because people wont bother to use it if they aren't forced to. And just because Deejer doesn't like to do basic mathematical equations, should be no excuse to make exceptions. You make it option, and people are going to abuse the hell out of it like they already do. With this chi system, we put a limit on OP characters and we can limit what people can do by making it more realistic, with serious consequences for going overboard. If we remove that, we have sixteen year old idiots going around shooting black lightning like it ain't no thang, or summoning giant lightning framed skeletons, or calling themselves the thirteenth strongest Light Bender in their nation AT FUCKING THIRTEEN.

Saru, you went through all the trouble of making this Chi system, you poured your heart and soul and mind into it. You funneled everything you had into this system and the mathematics behind it because you believed that was what was needed and just because one person wishes to complain does not mean it should become optional, I won't allow it. You put too much time and work into it to let it go to waste. I believe in the chi system.

Deej, if you do not like the chi system, make a non-bender, otherwise, deal with it. That is how things are going to be from now on. I'm sorry I need to sound like a totalitarian, but it's the truth. The site's decisions are above your head, and unless there is serious backlash from the community, there is no reason to start repealing everything we do, especially if it was made with good intentions and for a good reason. Case closed. Get used to the Chi system, it is staying.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:10 pm

And I do certainly hope that I'm not the only person who has noticed the lack of activity on this site. (besides the plot topics) and when did this activity stop? Soon after this system has been put into effect. And I was also trying to get some of my friends onto this site, I asked exactly 8 people to join. Only one of them joined. I asked the other 7 why and they simply said, "The chi system is too confusing for an RP."

This is one of those topics in which I'm not going to pushed over so easily and I'm actually serious for once.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Again, if you have a plausible alternative to suggest, that can limit the user's bending power (without a *shiver* skill tree), and allows players to grow in strength through RP, please, suggest it.

Also, the drop in activity is unrelated to the introduction of the chi system. Unlike two months ago, when activity was strong, it isn't summer. People have school, homework, job activity has picked up, etc. Unlike before, people don't have all day to do what they want anymore.
There is proof of this. Activity has dropped in the Welcome to The North topic, as well as many others. It is not a plot topic, and the chi system is not implemented in it. Yet, activity related to it has still dropped.

...and If you tell me that the chi system causes homework, i'll find you. e.e
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Deejer, it did not drop off after the chi topic. It dropped off before it. It started towards the end of August, at least the second last week and has been shrinking since then. Please do not suggest the chi system is causing people to leave, because EVEN LEO. Yes, LEOSAN! Has been asking me questions on how to help him comply with the chi system, willingly able to comply to it when it applies to him. So if Leo can do it, so can you. Deejer, I like you, but because you don't want to do basic math, is not an excuse to say no. No wonder math scores are dropping around the country. You don't want to multiply the size of the chi in comparison to yourself, times five? You don't want to do 2 times 5? You don't want to multiple whatever the answer of 2 x 5 is by 2 for sub elements? YOU CAN'T MULTIPLY FOR 10 AND 20??! I did this is third grade =.=
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 pm

But a lot of people who have worked throughout the summer just seemed to disappear. I simply put two and two together and that was the end result of that thought.

And I'm still trying to think of a less tedious way of stating someone's energy. That's the main reason why I don't like the Chi system. It's to tiresome if you have a lot of bending in a post.

THATS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT RPING! The only way RPing is tedious is that the post you're making is absurdly long, throw in math, and you get even more time wasted.

And I sure as hell didn't come here to do basic math. As I'm sure others didn't either. I love free writing because it's that one thing I can do in school that DOESNT require math or algebra.

(And if you're implying I'm dumb when I comes to math, I'm in geometry. That's junior class. I'm only a freshman.)

And yes. The chi system causes homework ^_^

(Edit) and what's wrong with constant bending? It makes the topic more interesting and action packed?
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:42 pm

It's not constant bending that's the problem- It's the scale at which it happens. Blood bending is the prime suspect of this- Godly, overpowered elements, with no ways to nerf without making it not worth using at all, that end fights before they start, simply due to their nature.

And while not EVERY element has some godly superpower, the chi system ALSO adds an entirely new layer to how one views the world, and a layer of depth to fighting. Where before it was "Lawl my fire's bigger than ur rock" "Oh, but I dodge the fire" over and over, it's now "Could I corner him with this kind of attack? Could I AFFORD to use an attack like this, without risking my own health?"

Furthermore, this opens the door to elements that we had previous denied, on grounds of being overpowered, as they now have an inherent limit to the scope of their power. Tell me, Deej, would you like to create blades of chi, to cut your enemy's chi paths? Would you like to run on a wall? Or pull up a boulder 200 times your size, and flatten a city with it?
You couldn't before- an admin would stop you, and tell you to revise. After all, only the avatar could get that strong!

Not anymore. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you true balance of power. And yes, homework.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Well put, Saru.

And Deej, I shall simply say this. If you TRULY love free writing, and you TRULY love Roleplaying, it is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, tedious OR boring OR a waste of time to make really long posts. If anything, it's just you getting into the zone of what you love.

It's about you connecting with your character, becoming the character. Entering their mind, what makes them tick, how they react to the world around them. Even the most minute things, such as a bird feeding its young, a wasp landing on a flower only to be sprayed by the water of a young water bender watering her flowers.

It's just like us, in the real world. When we're walking down the street, in our minds, in our own worlds. And we see the world around us, and we react to the world and the people around us. How we feel when we see a pretty girl, what we think when someone sketchy walks past us.

That is what it is to be human. To be a part of the world, the fabric of humanity and to not only be part of it but to react to it. And while I'm not saying you MUST make long posts or they're not good enough, I'm only saying that they can help you further your character's personality and development even more. And they allow people to do so much with a topic. I don't believe in quality over quantity, I believe in the quality of quantity. If something is good in two paragraphs, why can't it be EVEN BETTER in 7? If one mochi is good, why can't we have three?

Moderation is not necessary in the Roleplaying or writing world. If it's what you love, and if it's what you enjoy, it should never ever be seen as tedious, or boring, or time wasting, no matter how long the writing takes you or is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A different system Empty
PostSubject: Re: A different system   A different system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A different system
Page 1 of 1