Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A Mary Sue test 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
A Mary Sue test I_vote_lcapA Mary Sue test I_voting_barA Mary Sue test I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
A Mary Sue test I_vote_lcapA Mary Sue test I_voting_barA Mary Sue test I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A Mary Sue test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

A Mary Sue test Empty
PostSubject: A Mary Sue test   A Mary Sue test I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:57 am

THE MARY SUE TEST

Just for fun, these things are never 100%

Give yourself 1 point per "yes" answer unless otherwise indicated. Be honest--if you're not, you'll never improve. A few points doesn't necessarily make a Mary Sue. If you reach any variant of "stop now," then your character is beyond hope and needs put out of our its misery.

First things first:

Is your OC's name your name, your nickname, or your screenname? If so, stop now and delete yourself. Do not, do not, do not name your OC after yourself.

Is the OC's name one you'd like to have?

Does the OC have an English/Westernised name?

Or a name taken from another anime or game's main characters?

Are they named after one of their parents?

Who happens to be another OC?

If you name the opposite-gendered OC parent the same thing as the kid then stop here--at least until you find a Japanese name generator.

Does the OC have the same habits, hobbies, or interests as you? Interest in the canonverse doesn't count.

Do you think that the OC can't possibly be a self-insert because they're more (fill in blank: intelligent, talented, beautiful, wonderful, overage, etc.) than you?

Do you take it as a personal insult if someone doesn't like your OC?

Putting up a “don’t like, don’t read” sign to your work?

Is the OC described as exceptionally beautiful?

Would you like to look like the OC?

Would you want to be the OC?
    Do you sometimes pretend you're the OC?

Have you cosplayed as the OC before?
    Because you like them better than & think they're cooler than any canon character? If so, stop here.

If someone physically hurts or kills themselves because the OC is so beautiful, stop here.

Does the OC's physical description match appearance you want to be?

Exactly or almost exactly? If so, stop here.

Have you drawn or commissioned others to draw the OC for you?

More often than any other character?

Is the OC an alien from another planet?
    And breathes normal air okay?
    And happens to look exactly or almost exactly like a human?
    Only prettier? Stop here.

Are they a defector from another village?
    And are now trusted to go out on missions where the lives of their new village's people may rest in their hands? 3 points.

And/or have attained high rank or positions of trust? Stop here.

Does the OC have an over-the-top color or colors? For example, rainbow hair, silver (not gray) hair, black hair with purple and red streaks, green hair with blue tips, etc.? 1 point per hair color. 2 more if their hair changes color. 3 if they can make their hair grow longer at will.

Does the OC have waist-length hair or longer?

Does the OC have eyes of a color not typically found in nature?

Do the OC's eyes change color? 3 points.

With their mood? 2 more.

Do the OC's eyes have stars, moons, or other odd shapes in the iris or pupil?

Does the OC have two differently colored eyes?

If one eye has certain ability and the other has yet another, step away from the computer. Now.

Are the OC's "faults" things that, upon examination, aren't really faults at all? Eyes are too large, lips are too full, eyelashes are too long, skin is too strangely perfect, breasts are too big for their tiny little waists, so on?

Minus 3 point if the OC is really a freak with HH boobies that've permanently nuked its spine, insect eyes, and duck lips.

Does the OC's clothing have nothing to do with practicality, even though they claim to be an elite assassins? (Does it involve a tube top, a bikini top, a miniskirt, high heels, expanses of bare skin like you'd see in a club in a movie, fluorescent/shiny clothing while being tracked by cops, etc.?)

If you need to spend full consecutive paragraph describing your character physical structures or their clothing, stop here.

If it's one gigantic block paragraph, you lose at the internets.
    If you don't know what constitutes a block paragraph, please stop writing until you learn.

Do you use the term (or a variant of) "curves in all the right places" to describe them?

Would you consider the OC sexy?

Add 1 more if almost the only thing other characters really can think about is the OC/sex with the OC.

Would you have sex with the OC?

2 points if the answer is a variation of "Yes, but they might kill me because they're so powerful."

Is the OC old but young in appearance?
    Is the OC immortal?
    Does the OC angst about being immortal?

Does the character return from a hiatus more powerful than anyone would have ever expected?

Does the OC ridicule people who ridiculed them before?

And has everyone around join in or be awed by their snark? 1 point for either/each?

Does the OC have an amazing singing voice?
    And dancing ability?

Do they show off at a talent show or anything closely resembling a talent show? 5 points.
    And pick up their love interest by doing so? 5 more.

Does the OC have an outstandingly special speaking voice--especially melodic, seductive, special talents using voice etc.? (I don’t think soundbending counts in here.. but well)

Is the OC especially proficient with weapons? A point for each weapon they're great with or system they've supposedly mastered.

Are they good at it even though they said they aren't good with it?

Are they good even though they said they've never used the weapon before/aren't sure how to use it/are supposedly super-clumsy? If so, stop here.

Does the OC have an inhuman healing ability? (i guess waterbending pass)

Does the OC claim to be too good to need a team?
    Even though they were beaten down by another character and needed to be rescued just a short while before?

If you would want to be the OC primarily because of their authority, 5 points.

Is the OC related to a canon character?

As their long-lost bloodline? 3 points.

Does the OC win every battle they're in?

Except when the time comes for them to be saved (or smited) by their love interest? 3 points.

Does the OC bring religion into canonverse? Give yourself 1 point for each:

The OC wears a religious symbol that doesn't fit into canon, like a crucifix.

You, the author, mention the OC's religion.

The OC mentions their religion to others.

If the OC converts anyone, stop here.

Does the OC reform a villainous/cold character?
    And make them swear to stop killing people?

Does the OC have the general appearance as a canon character?

Same name?

But originally a male but switched to a female form?

Does the OC prove their strength/ability by beating up someone?
    Is the someone a random person that attacks them for no reason? 2 points.

Does the OC cut themselves?

If it's failed suicide attempts, 3 points.

If the OC doesn't scar from the cutting, stop here.

Do they stop cutting when their love interest realizes it/tells them to stop?
    Are they cured from that point on?

Does the OC convince someone else to stop cutting?

Does the OC have a new ability that has never shown up in canon before?

Is it all of the abilities in canon add up?

If the OC uses abilities they should not be able to?

If the OC may use naturally restricted abilities at will, stop now.

Is the OC a vampire or were-critter? 3 points.

If they're a "vampire" and sparkle, stop here.

Is the OC half-vampire, half-something else? 5 points.

Is the OC a dragon or half-dragon? 4 points.

If any variant of "all of the strengths, none of the weaknesses" comes up, 5 points.

Is the OC a demon or a half-demon?

Does the OC have wings/the ability to grow wings?

Can the OC fly? (um. Maybe an airbender without flying tools counts)

Does the OC have cat/dog ears and/or a tail?

That don't detract from their beauty in any way?

Is the OC telepathic/telekinetic? 1 point for either.

Attitude:

Does the OC act your age as opposed to theirs?

Is the OC frequently witty/does the OC usually have a snappy comeback that puts other witty characters to shame?

Is your OC's attitude/speech/personality modeled after that of another character in a book or television show? Be honest.

Does the OC swear excessively as part of their "cool" or "hard" personality?

Does the OC try to teach generally uncaring characters manners and succeed?

Is the OC frequently concerned with their appearance?

At times when being concerned with their appearance should be secondary to a major problem going on within the story?

Does the OC frequently talk back to authority figures?
    And have nothing come of it?

Do all characters like the OC?

Except for characters you don't like?

If the OC is a foreigner, are they immediately accepted by whatever village they wander into?

Is the OC so nice and sweet that other characters hate them for it?

Is the OC so exceptionally bad*ss that everyone's afraid of pissing them off?

Is the OC a spoiled brat?
    Does the OC frequently get away with wreaking havoc/misbehaving?

Their Past:

Does the OC have a traumatic past?
    Give 1 point for any of these things the OC has suffered:
      Rape
      Abuse
      Sexual abuse
      Sexual abuse at the hands of a family member/caretaker
      Torture
      Years of torture
      Torture at the hands of at least one family member/caretaker
      Broken home

Being orphaned?
      Being orphaned because someone murdered their family
      Being kicked out of their village
      Being kicked out of their village for being too powerful
      Having to grow up alone
      Witnessing their family members being killed/raped (2 points if it's both)
      Teenage pregnancy
      Miscarriage/having their baby die
      Never being able to have kids again as a result of a miscarriage/sexual assault

4 points if the OC's family members reject them for being attacked/being raped/cracking under years of torture/etc.; 3 if the OC simply never tries to go home because they're 100% certain their family will reject them.
    3 more points if that's the last their family is mentioned.

Does the OC constantly bring attention back to their angsty past? (Ie: "I'd enjoy the sunset . . . BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I'M IMMORTAL, OH NOES!")

Does the OC not react to their traumatic past in ways that a real person would? Do research on psychological scarring if you're not sure. No, psychological scarring isn't the same as wangsting.

If the OC has amnesia and thus doesn't remember their traumatic past, through "everyone" (or "everyone who matters") around them does and pities them for it, 5 points.

If the OC's family was wiped out a relatively short while before, massive physical, mental, and/or sexual abuse wasn't a factor, and the OC blows it off or doesn't care, stop here.

Does the OC claim to be from a new land?
    Does the new land's name indicate that the inhabitants from there are exceptionally evil, badass, talented, frightening, or otherwise awesome?

Does the OC claim to be the ruler of this new land? 3 points.

Does the OC refer to themselves as the ruler of this new land? If so, you, author, are an idiot.

Are they a master and still in their teens? 3 points.
    Or younger? If so, stop here.

Has the OC ever refused to participate in battle helping comrades, even though "everyone" knows that they're capable?
    Did you make up a title for them to signify this?
    Is the title a word that dictionary.com says means something completely different?

Does no one really know the OC's rank, because they're so bad*ss everyone's afraid to ask them?

Does the OC have a physical/mental/social handicap? Being too sweet, too beautiful, too selfless, or immortal isn't a handicap. If you honestly say and believe this, stop now. Minus 1 if their handicap is real.

Add 1 if the handicap doesn't hinder them the way it would an ordinary person. (This includes amnesia/sleeping through a long terrible healing process.) Do research if you're not sure about lasting effects.

Add 2 if the handicap is only mentioned once and then disappears or is healed.

Add 3 if the handicap is magically cured through the power of true love. Also add 3 if the handicap only turns up when the OC needs saved by someone--and 4 if their savior is their love interest.

If you as an author have gone back into your story to correct misspellings or discrepancies between plots, subtract 2 points. We might like you after all!

If your character still has reached a "stop here" point and you still insist they're not a Sue, give those points right back.

So far, the tentative scoring system is this:

Under 12 - Not too bad! Most characters will score a couple of points - it's no big deal. YUSH!
12-16 - Things are starting to get scary, but there's still hope for the OC's rehabilitation.
17-21 - You're in extremely dangerous territory. Your character needs a severe overhaul, and may not make it out alive.
22 and over - If it looks like a Sue, and acts like a Sue, and comes up this high on the scale . . . Then it's a Sue. Sorry. I don't see how you missed any "stop here" points.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

A Mary Sue test
Page 1 of 1