Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRemember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_voting_barRemember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRemember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_voting_barRemember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Remember The Name (Maybeth)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 pm

The voice was familiar, she knew that she knew its owner, but she couldn't place a face or a name or even a memory. As she turned to look at the newcomer she found his appearance, much like his voice, teased her memory but didn't help her identify him. He was like a half-forgotten memory of a hazy dream, there but too blurry and indistinct to grasp.

It wasn't until he said: "I'm that dragon she was talking about," that recognition dawned in her eye. For a second her face was still in surprise, and then her lips stretched out in a delighted beam. She distantly registered that the younger woman was talking, but Tamura's attention had moved to Jonathon. Her arms outstretched as she approached him, slinging one arm over his shoulders and ruffling his hair with her free hand.

"Jonathon! Has our brave little dragon returned to save an old woman?" she exclaimed, still smiling. "You owe me a drink," the way she said that made it sound like that was the only reason she was happy to see him. It wasn't. She could remember him very well now, that little kid alone on the road who'd helped her cash in on a fairly hefty reward for a job well done. He'd impressed her with his tenacity. She hadn't seen him in at least a dozen years and she was very surprised he remembered, but glad. She'd often wondered if the kid was okay, and seeing him now he seemed to have at least survived.

"You've grown up a little haven't you?" she added, scrutinising him from foot to head with her amber gaze, letting out a mildly impressed whistle as she did. "He's not really a dragon, that was just a little bit of creative liberty to spice up the story," she fake-whispered comically at Tzintza. "But he is a fire bender, a fairly decent one too if I remember correctly," she added, slapping her hand lazily against his back.

Under different circumstances she might have been able to read Tzintza's rising anger. Tamura had experienced very similar feelings to the ones the younger girl was going through right now. That palpable tension in your mind that slowly drives out all coherent thoughts, the growing struggle to cling to calmness, the suffocating rage, the red mist slowly descending upon your vision as you desperately try to fight the losing battle against the rising fury.

Right now though she was too busy basking in the presence of an old acquaintance to notice, and who could blame her? Tamura didn't have many acquaintances, not many people remembered her and she didn't remember many people. Her life's relationships consisted of shallow relationships with various people around the world, friendships and romances that lasted a night, maybe a week if the conditions were right, before she had to leave them behind. Twenty years ago that didn't bother her in the least. She wasn't young anymore though. She was starting to get old, soon her skills would dull, her ability to hunt and kill would wax and wane and she'd collapse, a useless lump of wrinkled meat and bones with no family to help her. The way she saw things she had two prospects when it came to old age, either die as she had lived, by the sword, or start building relationships with others and spend her twilight years watching them grow up and do what she no longer could. In short she wanted a family, she still had her father and her mother, but that wasn't the sort of family she wanted. She wanted to take someone young under her care, to help them grow and teach them the ropes. Those concerns of hers weren't new, they'd been trotting in her mind for the past couple of years. This chance encounter, maybe this was her opportunity to finally have something more to her name than a lifetime of murdering. Jonathon. And Tzintza, maybe the fiery young woman was exactly what she was looking for...

The hand that had been ruffling Jonathon's hair stretched to grab Tzintza as she pulled both of them in, wrapping her arms around their necks as she half-led and half-dragged them back towards the establishment they'd vacated just a few moments earlier. The reason why they'd left it had been pushed right out of her mind already

"Come, come kids. It's cold out here. The middle of the streets is no place for a reunion. We'll grab a table, we'll order many drinks and we'll have fun!" she exclaimed to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
mistdrake
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 am

Jonathon couldn't help but chuckle a little as Tamura marveled at his return. "I was planning on it, but you seemed content enough just bragging about our time together to those people." He said, being honest with her. "Just don't request anything too expensive, I haven't taken too many jobs lately. Be wanted by the empire sort of hurts a mercenaries career." He said, then she dragged the other girl over as well. "Uh, hi...I don't think we got off on the best of terms. I'm Jonathon, nice to meet you." He said, trying to make pleasant conversation. As they re-entered the inn Jonathon threw his hood back up so as to avoid being recognized by anyone who may or may not have seen his poster.
Back to top Go down
Nehima
Administrator
Administrator
Nehima

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 am

Tzintza made a grimace when Tamura grabbed her arms around her. She was quite bad-mooded...
She had no desire to sit with those two futuring-dead by her hands and drink, but she had to calm down in order to make her plan work...

She took some breaths, ignoring Tamura and Jonathon talking, and felt really better, almost as if she was back to normal, but she would never be...

When Tamura placed her arms around her neck and Jonathon's, probably in a friendly way, she got a sudden flash back. Her mother, and father. He was hugging her like that, and her mother's laugh was so cheerful... When she woke up from her thoughts, she realised a single tear had rolled on her right cheek, and wiped it quickly, turning from the other side so the others wouldn't see her.

She really started feeling friendlier. She made a half-way smirk grimace. But then Jonathon said:
"Uh, hi...I don't think we got off on the best of terms. I'm Jonathon, nice to meet you."
Her anger lighten back up a bit, and one part of her self was already imaging her spitting on his face. But then she held that thought back, and glanced at him quickly before mumbling:
-Yeah, right... I'm Tzintza.

Soneki suddenly looked up, and smelling the air with his muzzle stretched he ran away. Tzintza wasn't surprised by that, she had seen him doing this thousands of times before. Born as a stray dog, and with the little help and food Tzintza could get for him, it was his nature searching for his food. If there was something good around, he would rush to make those puppy eyes, and wave his short half-cutted tail, in order to gain his food. But if that had no effect, Tzintza had taught him how to steal...

There was noway besides for her to have survived all those years, alone on the streets with the few money she got by part time jobs and tasks. She was also pick-pocketing. It was very helpful! And kept her fit! She wasn't the best in stealing, so she had always the fear of escaping, jumping from the one roof to another, in order to avoid getting caught.

So she simply let him go, and followed the others back into that inn, with the small tavern on the front. She wasn't sure how this would end. Tzintza to be honest with her self, had never killed someone with her own hands. She had got into many fights, injuring people, not killing.
The world was hard out there, she had seen many times things she shouldn't since she was a child, but she never tried to do them. She was determined though, and when she promised something, she always kept her promise! right?

After sitting down to the table, and drinking about two cups? She felt slightly dizzy. She didn't show. She had drunk before, but that specific one, was strong! It felt good!
-How is this called? she asked without turning to anyone specific, after a while.
She took a bottle, and started filling her cup once again.
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:56 pm

She didn't notice the dirty looks that were thrown in their general direction as the three of them walked in, the two younger fighters still held locked in her arms. She let them go as they neared a table as she slumped into a chair, angling her seat to have its back to a wall and a clear sight of the entrance by reflex.

"You don't have to worry about the price here Jonathon. They only serve cheap swill. The finest of cheap swill maybe, but cheap swill nonetheless," she replied lightly. The smile still hadn't left her lips as she held up a hand at the barman with three fingers stuck out. The drinks arrived in the blink of an eye, three heavy tankards were set down in front of them, their content threatening to spill out on the table as it sloshed within. As was customary she drank hers straight, chugging the drink in a single motion and setting down the wooden container only once every ounce of liquid had been drained from it.

"Well, that hits the spot," she declared after a long content sigh, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Tzintza had matched her pace. That girl's competitive spirit would be the end of her if she tried to keep up on the drinking front. She put up her hand again, ordering a new set of three tankards. "This round's on me," she added as the new drinks were being prepared and brought over.

"So Jonathon. I'm glad to see you're still alive, even if you did stick to the mercenary shtick. Didn't I tell you it's a crappy job? You might want to keep the fact you're wanted by the Empire a little on the down low though if you want to remain in one piece," she pointed out, a note of worry creeping into her otherwise amicable tone. "Going around telling it to strangers is probably not the best way to go about remaining incognito. That's just my professional opinion though," she added, taking a sip of the tankard of ale that had just been put down before her.

((OOC: I went and assumed Tzintza would try to match Tamura and Jonathon's drinking speed based on her character, seems like something she'd do. Feel free to ask me to change it if you don't think she'd do that Mayb))
Back to top Go down
mistdrake
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Jonathon shrugged and took a drink. "I keep the hood up. Plus, I figured she wasn't much of a stranger if you were outside a bar fighting with her. I mean, we got along pretty fast with less then that." He took another drink. "Besides, it's been a few months since it was put out. If it weren't for the fact that the empire is stubborn and persistent, I'd probably be in the clear. However, they never give up a hunt, so I'm still sticking to back roads and shadows. It's alright though, never really liked the attention anyway." He then leaned close to her. "Thankfully these people are too dense to put a name to a face when you mentioned me in that story of yours, or else we might be getting interrogated right now." He then leaned back, laughing and taking a drink. Then he turned to Tzintza. "So, miss, what's your story? What's a girl like yourself doing in a grimy place like this?"
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 am

"Now, now what's that supposed to meet? I can assure you I have managed to pick fights with absolute strangers in record time," the way she said it made it seem as though the ability to start flash-brawls was a source of some pride to her. “They are stubborn, I’ll give you that, but don’t you worry about the name dropping Johnny boy, I’m sure you’re not the only Jonathon out there, and I’d stake an eye that most of them aren’t wanted,” she paused for a second to finish her drink, her smile dropping into a pensive scowl as she considered that last statement. “Well okay maybe not an eye. I only have one of those to spare after all, maybe a finger or two,” she held a deadpan look for a second before a smile cracked her lips. “Just kidding. I wouldn’t risk your life if I wasn’t confident enough in the situation to put an eye on the line. You’re still too young to die,” complimenting her sentence with an amiable slap on his back, after which she turned around to face the bar, sketching out the form of a bottle in the air. “Y’know, it’s nice that they have such a tiny selection of drinks here that you can actually order drinks without having to open your mouth,” she remarked, blowing a gust of air upwards with her mouth, pushing a few stray strands of hair out of her face while slouching back in her chair and turning around to face her two companions just as Jonathon was finishing his question to Tzintza.

"Jonathon, whatever are you implying by 'a girl like you'? Are you trying to say I'm perfectly suited to a 'grimy place like this' hmm?" her tone was teasing and sarcastic, her complaint wasn't anywhere near serious. She knew exactly what he meant. To Tamura, Tzintza's anger and aggressive attitude smacked of only one thing. Insecurity. She was trying to make up for something she was not, she was trying to pose as someone she was not and she definitely did not be. The girl lacked those cold killer's eyes, but with the path Tzintza had chosen she'd get them soon enough. Too soon. Maybe though, with guidance, a little help, a shove in the right direction, maybe she could be spared that. Killing someone wasn't something anyone should have to experience, especially not at such a young age. There was one thing Tamura wished on no one, and that was to grow as unaffected by murder as she had. Years, no decades ago Tamura had been the same. Even when she'd met Jonathon for the first time she'd failed to steer him away from this life despite having realised how little happiness this life brought, maybe with Tzintza she could do better.

As the girl grabbed the bottle to serve herself a new drink Tamura very gently placed her hand on the girl's lifting up the bottle slowly, stopping the flow of clear liquid, taking the bottle in her own hand and serving the girl a single measure of the spirit.

"That is sake. Bad sake, heavier on the alcohol to make up for the terrible taste. It's made from fermenting rice, and it's quite a bit stronger than what we were drinking before," she explained calmly, serving herself and Jonathon a shot as well. "What we were drinking before was beer. This stuff,” she tapped a finger against the clay bottle, “you have to be a bit more careful with. If you want I can teach you a thing or two about drinking. You won’t be able to look half as aggressive if you’re passed out on the ground,” the statement was gently teasing, but the suggestion was made in good faith.
Back to top Go down
Nehima
Administrator
Administrator
Nehima

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Tzintza turned at the sudden question aiming to her, and gave back to Jonathon a glare.

-Somethings are simply non -of your business... she muttered, her breath smelling badly cause of the drink. She placed her cup down aggressively and even glared slightly at Tamura. Her manners were not of the est obviously, but she didn't care much.

"how she ended up in a place like that" huh... that was a good question... But she wouldn't allow herself to answer him.

She was about to drink another cup with a a dark liquid inside. But Tamura stopped her.

-What do you mean? She said grimly.Why do you care! I like it, and am gonna drink it! Shouted Tzinzta. though the cup fell of her hand, to the floor, and good think it was wooden that it didn't break into pieces...

She stood looking at it rolling around on the floor for a moment, before she collapsed on tha table. She was pretty much awake, but the drink had completely blown her mind. She found her self racking her brain to remember her name.

-ooohh, that's baaad... veeery baad... ha ha hahahah... she mumbled and laughed naively. A still conncious part of her  wondered if they would harm her and get rid of her now, but she didn't speak.  Poor Tzintza she didn't want to show she already felt attached to their company. Like her new, friends and guides... but nah... she would killl them... or would she?

Everything was tangled into her little mind...
Back to top Go down
mistdrake
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:51 pm

"I think that may have been a bit too much for her system Tamura." Jonathon said, downing his shot of sake. "Damn, this is bad sake." He said, feeling it burn his throat. Coughing and pounding his chest he shook his head. "Man, I'm surprised she's conscious after that. She's got nerve, or something of the sort." He said, knowing Tzinta was kind of out of it. "So, what are we going to do with her? I can tell you're planning something, and I'm going to guess it has to do with me." He said as he poured himself more of the bad sake. "Go ahead Tamura, shoot."
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm

"Oh my," she chuckled lightly as the young woman's face made contact with the wooden table, leaning over she poked Tzintza's forehead with one outstretched finger lightly a couple of times. The physical contact was met with no visible reaction, which was a little worrying, but nothing to panic about. "Seems like that last gulp totally fried her brain," she remarked casually.

As she listened to Jonathon out of one ear she continued to inspect the girl, making sure her pulse and breathing were fine. That the girl was muttering disjointed nonsense was reassuring, it at least meant she was still alive and definitely not in an alcohol-induced coma. Satisfied the girl would be fine Tamura sat back down in her chair, addressing Jonathon without turning to look at him, her eyes still on the girl.

"Cheap and bad as it may be, it packs quite the wallop, and yes, I am surprised as well. She survived that drinking session a whole minute longer than I thought she would if I'm honest. Look at her," she let out a gentle sigh as her one visible eye lost its usual predatory sharpness, softening considerably as though she was lost in the past. "So eager to prove she belongs in this grown up world she knows so little about. If she knew she'd turn her back on all of this and just trundle off to form a family and live a normal life. By the time she realises this isn't what she wants she'll be too angry and too proud to back down until it's too late," admittedly Tamura didn't know any of this for sure. It was based on seeing this girl act in the last couple of hours and a healthy dose of conjecture. That girl reminded Tamura of herself, when she was younger. She'd had her father to stop her form destroying herself, though he'd failed to warn her against what living as a travelling sword for hire entailed.

"Y'know, that much rage and stubbornness is a powerful mix Jonathon. It can be channelled to cause great harm upon your opponents, but eventually it always comes back to bite you in the ass. She's as likely to destroy herself as she is likely to destroy her opponents," the softness in her eye vanished as suddenly as it had appeared, and her voice returned to its usual disinterested tone.

"C'mon, help me drag her up to a bed big boy," she declared, emptying her cup in one great gulp and getting up. "I rented a room for the night, we'll put her down there. Hopefully she'll sober up and regain her senses before it gets too late. I'd hate to have to sleep on the floor tonight," she muttered as she slung one of Tzintza's arms over her shoulders, waiting for Jonathon to do the same on the other side. "Once we tuck her in we'll come back down and we'll talk some more."

Tamura had purposefully avoided answering his last question. In general scheming in front of the one that was the object of the scheming was a bad idea, even if that person was currently not in control of their body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember The Name (Maybeth)   Remember The Name (Maybeth) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember The Name (Maybeth)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2