Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_vote_lcapSojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_voting_barSojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_vote_lcapSojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_voting_barSojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} Empty
PostSubject: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Plastered with a plethora of pastels, the sun began to rise from beyond the mountain ranges in the distance. An aura of pink and orange hues disintegrated through the sky as the morning approached and the sun gradually enveloped the firmament with a brilliant cyan that brightened the earth beneath it.

It was morning.

Navigating from Maenceria's sabulous city, Kuja docked his sand sailor at the tip of the Si Wong Desert to commence his weekly expedition to Ba Sing Se, the marvelous capital of the Earth Kingdom. The sand sailor was left in the hands of several of his own personal troops, and his city was temporarily administered by his War Chief during his absence. Kuja's intentions were to reconcile with himself as to how the massive social structure of Ba Sing Se seemed to manage itself. However, at the moment, Kuja was at the river which divided the holy Desert from the mainland. Removing the boat which had been strapped to the sand sailor prior to the departure of Maenceria, Kuja carried the petite boat to the surface of the river, raised the sail, boarded the boat and bended the wind which blew near the boat to flow North. Almost instantly, the vessel was swiftly carried by the gusts up the river, proving the natural stream from North to South to be almost completely futile through the overpowering of Kuja's consistent air bending of the wind surrounding his ship.

Within a mere hour and a half, the boat had docked just outside the proximity of Ba Sing Se's boundaries. Kuja removed himself from the boat, dug his left arm into the topsoil of the earth, and swung his right arm directly to the right of himself. Doing so forced a strip of earth to block the boat from being carried downstream through its connection from one side of the river to the other. It was a rather disposable ship therefore its disappearance wouldn't trouble his mind excessively, however he preferred the vessel to remain where he had docked. Kuja unwrapped his plain white T-shirt from his impedimenta and threw the pack back upon the ship. Placing the shirt upon his torso, Kuja's goosebumps from the cold air blowing directly at him began to fade away. He took down the sail and placed that too on the ship then started for the direction of the city of Ba Sing Se.

Approximately twenty minutes passed and Kuja finally had reached the outer gates of the city. Upon his confrontation with the troops guarding the defense of the city, he presented his credentials, which was a certification of proof of his residence in the Earth Kingdom. Following his clearance, the friction from the giant walls being opened emitted an echoing wail that would captivate the ears of all residents of the lower ring. Proceeding forward, Kuja's ingress of the city, followed by the shutting of the gate-like walls, marked the beginning of his tarriance in the capital. As he toured unaccompanied, Kuja found the architectural structure of the lower ring to be quite the chagrin that he had met several times before, however he persisted in his visiting to the capital. The buildings were shabby, walls torn and the people impoverished. He continued to make his way throughout the city, following wherever his decision of path carried him.
Straight
Left
Right
Left
Left
Straight
Right
Left

"How cliche for the Lower Ring..." Kuja cogitated. He yawned and was predominately bored with the conformity and subordination of the inhabitants of lower Ba Sing Se. Each and every time he visited, he seemed to meet the same reoccurring disorganized state of the organized wretched. Standing in the middle of a decently sized market, glancing at the citizens that lingered and mingled in the area,"I think it's time to depart", he disappointingly sighed out just loud enough for a passerby to eavesdrop in on.

Kuja looked to his left and then to his right, followed by a repeated gander to the left. Pausing for a moment to nullify the commotion of the occurrences of his surroundings, he took a moment to ensure himself that his location in accordance to the city appeared to be unknown.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

Green everflowing fields of grass shifted as the slight breeze tickled the land, the moon gently shone bright, it wasnt harsh, but a soft cool feeling. She stood there in the middle of a feild. A girl with long blonde hair, hair that too was carried discretely with the wind. Fern looked around, the stars sparkled brightly bringing curiousity about her as she gazed above.

A very soft nudge played at her hand, Fern looked left to see Kanna pawing her fingers gently. The sun was to rise soon, that meant she needed to fet home. A sigh fell through her lips as she climbed aboard Kanna, her Artic Fox Leopard. Kanna's soft fur felt reassuring through Fern's petite hands. Her apperance was unlike a earthbenders, she was thinner and more toned like a airbender but her strength on the inside made up for it.

Fern quickly rode back to Ba Sing Se, just in time as the sun had risen completely. She was sure her parents wouls still be sleeping, just like always. It was her day to open the shop anyways. Fern hung her head, all she wanted was to leave here, she ever rarely gets to leave the Earth kingdom capital. How she would love to learn about her mothers home, at the north pole. But the way it was looking, it would only be a dream.

Fern led Kanna back into her home and then kicked up the stand, which was only a window propped up with a couple sticks. Her home was the shop, talk about no privacy really, Fern softly bended water from the giant gord and seperated it among each plant. Here was the start to the long day.

Fern was just about put on her apron when her father came down the stairs. Fern felt his hand on her shoulder, and he turned her around so she could face him. He smiled and mouthed out something that would make her day. He was saying she could have the day off.

Fern grinned and whistled to Kanna. In a flash they lept out onto the market streets and went out to explore the area.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

In a state of confusion and commotion, Kuja found himself bumping into many civilians, without acknowledging his error or offering an apology. There seemed to be so much going on at one time that he was incapable of focusing on the subject at hand. The sun began to bare directly overhead of the city, causing a rather bright flash of light directly into the eyes of Kuja. It served as a warning, that he had already been in the city of Ba Sing Se for several hours and that he would be required to leave rather soon. Whilst squinting his eyes and cupping his right hand above his forehead to shield his eyes from the piercing sun beam, Kuja continued to attempt to backtrack his footsteps and find his way out of the city. His arrogance refused himself to seek aid through any other being, feeling as if he would be able to discover his desired path of travel simply by instinct, the analysis of his actions in the city, and his past experiences in Ba Sing Se.

Taking several paths forward, followed by a right then a left, Kuja encountered a coffee shop that appeared to be fresh in his mind. "Herbal Essence" the sign read, which merely reminded Kuja that he hadn't been intoxicated or medicated all day. He proceeded past it in order to forget his thoughts of sobriety and executed a right followed by another. The city appeared to function like clockwork now, as all of the happenings before Kuja's eyes were rather familiar to the man. Internally grateful of his good fortune, his face portrayed a look of disapproval as he took strides throughout the blocks of the Lower Ring. As the sun continued to beam, it no longer situated itself into the eyes of Kuja, but now on his head. Kuja was content with the heat however, for in the Si Wong Desert, temperatures reached staggering levels to which the average human wouldn't be able to withstand a day in.

He paused in his tracks and searched the area with his eyes. He had come to a stalemate. Unable to decide which direction seemed correct in his motives to retreat from the city, he knew that he had only one choice. He exhaled a sizable puff of air, and slumped his shoulders. With his head hanging, he walked towards a shop that appeared to be in less than a stimulated financial standing. As he proceeded towards it, he caught sight of a joyous female darting from the shop. He caught up to her and let out a, "Hey, slow down for a second." This girl resembled an appearance foreign to the earth kingdom, she was not stocky, but slim. Not a brunette, however a blonde. Expecting her eyes to be a green or a dark brown which was the stereotypical characteristic of a native citizen to Ba Sing Se, he approached her and as he did, her eyes gave off a majestic cyan gleam.

"This woman cannot be a citizen of Ba Sing Se....she doesn't even play the role well." he lightly said to himself before finally reaching the proximity of the girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 pm

This was it, today was the day Fern was to change her life forever. Standing next to her Giant fox leopard Kanna, she took a deep breath in and for once the hazy stench of Ba Sing Se welcomed her. The sun shined brightly above and Fern was going to make the most of today. She looked over her shoulder at her parents little shop, she had the strange gut feeling that she was destined to have today to herself.

She loved her parents dearly yes, but they smothered her. They didnt understand that she could take care of herself. As a naturally gifted fighter her bending skills in both Earth and Water are far beyond her years. As are her skills in weaponry, Fern can pick up nearly any weapon and be proficent enough to defend herself adequetly. Her parents never allowed her to learn under anyone, they thought of her as a fragile being, so she sought out her bending and practice elsewhere as often as she could. 22 years old and her parents still have ahold of her life. She isnt that tiny 8 year old girl anymore.

That was a long time ago, and Fern has grown up quite nicely. With the help of Kanna of course. Aquiring the skills to use her surroundings to listen, its almost as if she wasnt deaf at all.

Fern petted Kanna softly and just as she did the fox leopard growled deeply letting a vibration erupt through Ferns hand. Alright she had Ferns attention. What was she saying though? Kanna nudged Fern, turning her around so she could see behind her. Oh! Someone was calling after her.

Fern smiled and patted Kanna telling her to relax. She was curious as to what this man wanted, he didnt appear to be a normal Ba Sing Se tenant. Or any normal citizen for that matter. He looked a bit rugged and scary, but only compared to innocent normal people. Perhaps to a criminal he would compare nicely. Not saying he is a crnimal, just that he appears to be that type.

"H-Hello," she said to him as he approached, Fern may be deaf but she isnt a mute. Fern learned to speak before the age of 8 its just hard sometimes since she cant hear herself speak. Becoming a master at reading lips communication isnt too difficult if people would actually look at her and talk.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm

As Kuja called out to the girl, she did not directly respond. From this basic action, he fell under the basic assumption that her hearing was not up to par. However, this would signify little importance in Kuja's mind, for his primary intentions were to receive directions out of the city, and quickly depart back to his own. Scanning the girl from head to toe, she seemed as if she were slightly nervous, yet confident and relaxed. Maybe because he was accustomed to the attire of sand benders, she was unfamiliar with his outfit. Realizing that more than likely he stood out like a sore thumb, he took a quick second to glace at the countenances of several passerby's and to his expectation, each and every one of them looked towards Kuja as if he were some foreign member of society; but he was.

He quickly averted his gaze back towards the eyes of the girl as she let out a faint yet defining, "Hello". By the girl's side was a rather large leopard that had fox-like qualities. It seemed to be rather close to the girl, more than likely the result of years of bonding. Kuja's perception of his environment retained its reputation in his mind, as a chief he felt as if he needed to be quite attentive, forcing him to pay attention of minor as well as blatant details in his surroundings. Finding himself once again lost in his own cognitive process, he again diverted his attention to the girl whom he signaled out.

By this time, his memory failed to serve him. His mind had wandered astray, forcing him to nearly completely forget the entire purpose he had interjected to their girl. "Uhh....you uh...live in this city right?" Kuja let out, desperately attempted to recollect his thoughts throughout his mind in order to unearth his lost objective. "Ah yes," thinking to himself. "You live in this city right? I'm not from outside these walls and it would appear as if I have lost my way to the exterior of the city, if you would be so kind to instruct me out, I would be rather gratuitous." Kuja followed up from his inquiry prior to the later one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Fern watched as this stranger seemed to study the area. Looking at her, the people around; who too even found time to stop and glance at him. His entire attire was different, his being was different. No matter he still plucked her out of the crowd, but for what.

He glanced at Kanna, apparently he has never seen her kind as well. A usual look from anyone, her kind was native to the north. So a look of curiousity was more or less a welcomed gesture. Kanna snarled softly as he gazed at her, more than once she has tried to be captured by Earth Kingdom citizens to sell for money, or collect her fur coat. Just because she was an unusual species.

The man semed to come back to Earth and averted his attention back to Fern. "Uhh....you uh...live in this city right?" he said to her, it was a bit hard to make out as he said it a bit un attached and akwardly but he re asked his question."You live in this city right? I'm not from outside these walls and it would appear as if I have lost my way to the exterior of the city, if you would be so kind to instruct me out, I would be rather gratuitous."

Fern smiled as she understood that completely, she really hoped he didnt think her rude. Because she reads lips she cannot look someone directly in the eye as they speak. Talk about endless lectures from the elderly.

Fern was about to say something, then she waved her hands, and tried to point. She was having a hard time giving instructions, getting out of the city just came natural to her, spoken instructions seemed impossible. Fern just sighed and shrugged. " Ill just show you! I was leaving my-myself. Come on!" she said as she waved him to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 pm

As Kuja spoke to the girl, there seemed to be a clear lack of eye contact present in the entire short lived conversation. It appeared to be more along the lines of him speaking and her following his words through the study of his lip pattern. Maybe she was as he expected and simply a bad listener. Or maybe she was rude and lacked the basic necessities of conversation skills. It could be plausible that just the constant commotion in the merchant square could have caused difficulties in hearing Kuja's words so she merely followed his lips. The possibilities that Kuja conjured in his mind were endless, however the answer he sought finally was opening up to him.

She directed him to follow her, taking the hands on approach rather than the explanatory one. She immediately began pacing off in the opposing direction from which he thought to take, and shortly after her departure, her pet followed. She signaled to Kuja with a wave and a welcoming issue to follow her. As he began walking after her, he couldn't help but notice that she seemed more calm than most people are. She walked with haste, but reserved, minding her own business and not communicating with other people who stood agape at the sight of a large fox leopard strolling through the pavement.

"Wow, I can't even recall coming this way." he called out to the girl who, at this point, was still walking in front of him. He was attempting to make conversation with her in order to break the near silence that was present aside from the scuffles of their shoes against the ground and the distant heckling of vendors to merchants as the trio began distancing themselves from the commotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Fern smiled as she walked along, holding onto Kanna's scruff around her neck, this was how they kept communication while travelin, that is if Fern wasnt riding atop Kanna. And its a good thing that contact was kept. Once again Kanna signaled the girl that she was being spoken to.

Fern stopped and turned a bit to face him, " I am sorry, can you repeat that," she said as she came face to face with him. Apparently he hasnt figured it out yet. He must think she was rather weird. Or rude.

Fern sighed, she was confused about wether she should tell him, or keep it a secret. She didnt want him to think she was weak or anything. What if he thought she was a freak? Well he must already think weird of her so why mot just come out and say it.

" I do apologize if i seem off. The truth is, I am D-Deaf. But i can still know what your saying. I read lips. Please forgive me if you felt i was beig rude." she said then hangig her head, she accepted her deformity but still didnt mean she wasnt embarrassed of it.

Fern glanced up as Kanna licked her face, probably trying to comfort her. Fern just smiled and giggled pushing her Fox away. " Kanna helps me by listening for me. And being my only friend."
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Kuja had finally reached a consensus to the topic he debated in his mind. With her revelation that she in fact was deaf, it all began to piece together. The fact that the girl's leopard would constantly intervene in the two's conversations by signaling its master whenever she didn't pay attention, the lack of eye contact when face to face, and the reason as to why she had not heard Kuja as he called out to her just a moment ago. Apologetically, she pronounced that she in fact was deaf, not rude, and that her leopard was the reason as to why she was able to pay attention to Kuja even though she wasn't looking at him.

With a slight feeling of scorn, his empathy came into effect. Even the most evenly cut diamond has at least one flaw. And this diamond's shortcoming was her lack of hearing. He felt rather sincere and distressed for the suffering of the girl, however he also recognized that as one sense fails, the others become heightened. This girl would in some way, shape or form possess some quality of utter strength that was not apparent to her appearance. She perplexed Kuja. And he found this interesting. He would need to study this girl more, she was different form the average Ba Sing Se inhabitant, and this would require Kuja to focus on her more. "Don't let your weakness bring you down, you're supposed to embrace such a thing. It gives you experience that no regular being could ever imagine. You've been shut out in a world of silence, however from that, your retaining senses are heightened. The fact that you can read lips signifies that you have rather gifted sight and perception, I can guarantee that not a single person in this city has the capability to notice what you do. In this way, you are strong. Keep your chin up!" Kuja attempted to warm her heart for the apparition upon her head resembled one of melancholy. He smiled at her and extended his arm as he approached her.

"By the way, I'm Kuja. And you are?" he said with his arm fully extended in order to conduct a proper first time meeting with the stranger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:20 am

Fern felt as if he would turn her away, as most did as soon as they learned of her disability. So many thought her useless, and her drive in life was to prove them all wrong. Thats why she continued her bending and continued to learn to fight. She got quite good at it too. Kanna and Fern made a inseperable duo, and they became each others aid.

Kanna nudged the low spirited woman as the man before started to speak. She missed the first few words but that didnt matter. Because the ones that followed lifted her heart. She had never known such quite words, and coming from a stranger meant alot to her. She knew they were sincere and with them she decided never to hang her head agin about her disability.

She possessed a rare gift indeed, one that has helped her in so many situations. Her depth of analysis if off the charts but you have to learn to adapt. And by hell it was not easy at all.

The man stepped forward extending his hand and Fern gently placed her hand in his. She smiled, " My name is Fern. I am so happy to have met you Kuja. Really." Her eyes seemed to glow, as his words will always ring in her head.

" Can i ask where you are f-from?" She said awfully curious, his apperance was rugged and he clearly appeared different than most Earth Kingdom residents, even the sketchy ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}   Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sojourn of Sixes and Sevens{Private Topic}
Page 1 of 1