Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Searching for an Answer (private) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Searching for an Answer (private) I_vote_lcapSearching for an Answer (private) I_voting_barSearching for an Answer (private) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Searching for an Answer (private) I_vote_lcapSearching for an Answer (private) I_voting_barSearching for an Answer (private) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Searching for an Answer (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

Searching for an Answer (private) Empty
PostSubject: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:36 am

From the Middle Ring.
Back to top Go down
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Ba Sing Se was huuge. The Middle Ring was huuuger. Wait. No. It was the other way round. But the city was large, and Miu regretted not calling for a carriage ride in excuse of 'sitting after dinner makes your belly grow'. The weather was quite hot and she was sweating profusely, her turtlecat had made an even more hilariously sorrowful look as he lamented at how his head couldn't get into his shell, by the looks of his shrugging movements.. She was happy though, for at least they had finally reached, and here in front of the gates of the grand University.

Hanging on the gate was a big wooden sign: 永固城大學. Miu wheeled around to look at Nyx, her eyes glittered, "We made it! We've made it to the University!" she pointed at the sign above. She walked over and peeked inside. There was a fine clearing before blocks of lavish green-roofed buildings made entirely out of earth. "I have never set foot to the grounds before.." she muttered to herself. She asked Nyx, "Is the University always this.. big?" she was searching for a better word to describe, but couldn't, so she gave up.

Although classes were over, there were still a few neatly dressed, seemingly scholars, strolling about the clearing. "Class time is over, so let's just start from the inside," pointing her thumb to the buildings, "i will not be satisfied unless we explored every nook and cranny of this university," Miu mumbled as she made a cunning face.
Back to top Go down
Yuki_Shinozuka
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Yuki_Shinozuka

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:30 am

Nyx just chuckled at Miu's declaration on how " sitting after dinner makes your belly grow". Following the rainbow haired girl, she noticed the discomfort both Miu and Nyan were in and felt sorry she couldn't make the journey to the University more tolerable. Even though it was quite hot for Nyx also, she had more control over her body, and she didn't show her discomfort. But that can't be said for Ai, and she already dived into the knapsack she was carrying.

Upon arriving at the University, Nyx had a hard time not to laugh at her young companion, afraid it might be taken the wrong way. But the relief of reaching the University was clearly shown on Miu's face and also her voice. " Yes, it quite big and the University is growing still as more and more scholars come in search of knowledge. The library is growing as more book are added and they have to have enough areas for classes and such." Was Nyx's answer to the girl's question.

As Miu pointed out what they were going to do next, Nyx followed her. When Miu said that they were going to explore every nook and cranny, Nyx could only smile. If Miu was going to explore every place they visited like this then it's going to be a long, very very long journey. It seem that they are going to spend a few days at the University, ransacking the place. Well, not that she minded though. It was quite fun spending time with the hyperactive, rainbow haired girl.
Back to top Go down
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:54 pm

"They have a library? Well i didn’t think of that, stupid me. Now it sounds easier, let’s start with the head librarian or the receptionist first." With that Miu entered the University’s main gate. She stopped after taking one step into the clearing. Clearly it was bigger than what she saw on the outside. The surrounding trees and shrubs were trimmed and they looked evergreen, seemed like they were well taken care of by the old sweeper who was currently sweeping dead leaves she supposed. There were benches under them that looked cool enough in this hot weather, she suppressed the urge to sit and laze around, no can do, they both came for a mission. The only bench occupied was the one to the furthermost north on the right, a scholar looking man was having his nap with his scroll covering his face. What? So benches are for sleeping and you walk around reading while you can have a comfortable seat?!

"What a fine weather. I’m glad we start the search indoors." She grunted and proceeded taking a second step then the third, walking confidently along the pathway led straight to the huge door of the main building. Several inquisitive gazes followed her movement but she paid no heed. Meanwhile a disgruntled man with a noble styled mustache and goatee came walked towards them, opening the fan in his hands with failing attempt of elegance. "What are you doing in this campus, girl." He stroked his goatee and focused on something else above her head, "Schools have rules, you know, and it is not permitted that any students within campus grounds has a.. freakish hair color like yours" Fan covered part of his face he made a repulsive face which made his moustache twitched.

"And girl, you came here once, for no good reason, I suppose," head held high he looked at Nyx.
Back to top Go down
Yuki_Shinozuka
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Yuki_Shinozuka

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Even if Miu wanted to hide her urge to just relax in the courtyard, Nyx still noticed, and it showed more with her sarcastic remark. On their way towards the main door, Nyx noticed the stares and curious looks they are getting, probably curious about the strange rainbow haired girl. Nyx just ignored them focused on following Miu.

But she was not happy when one of the tutor she met before appeared before he again. His haughty attitude annoyed her. He tried to be an image of high status and dignity, too bad he can't seem to succeed. And his insulting remarks about Miu's hair made her blood boil, added with the way he keeps calling them "girl". It took all her willpower to not slice the weasel into a million pieces. ' Scholars!! Being so arrogant because they think they know everything!! Looking down on women, like we're idiots!!'

" I am merely here to search for information. Also, what I do here is none of your concern. The University allows visitors to visit to gain knowledge." Nyx replied, calm and in control of her emotion. She was used to people like these and was not going to lose face because of some blubbering idiot that don't know when to keep quite. The tutor didn't give up and merely continued. " You can only visit during the time when class is not in session. Even though the University open up to visitors, there are for those worthy of this place, not for little girls to prance around where they do not belong."

Nyx glared at the tutor, then she smiled, " Well class in not in session now, if I'm not mistaken. And if this place is for the worthy surely you must be lost." Nyx smirked at the tutor. " The exit is over there." She pointed towards the main gate behind her with her thumb. She watch with amusement dancing on her lips, as the man processed what was said to him and started turning a bright shade of red, his face scrunching up in anger and embarrassment. A large crowed was gathering, to see what was taking place in the boring old University, as the dispute was occurring.
Back to top Go down
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Miu was agitated by the words of the arrogant tutor, but Nyx’s counter-speech had indeed acted as a good dose of antidote that soothed her rageful soul, and had her mouth shut for most of the time as Nyx and the tutor went into a full out debate. Apart from his mighty attitude, of course, he was no for Nyx as he went all beet red from face to ear. It seemed the winner was inaudibly announced. It wasn’t the first time Miu was proud of her friend, last time she when saw her bringing her little kitten into the store, it was the same feeling, maybe just a little more of a jealousy was added to the mix. Now she was the one who has her head held high. Well, it was also because of the fact that Mr Teacher was taller than her, but that didn’t count.

She nodded to Nyx’s statement and grinned, “Yeah, and for your information, she was here to find something that even you would have no idea of what it is.” His raised his fox-like thin brow, “imposible!” Miu opened her backpack and shuffled finding the piece of paper, then she had literally shoved the painting of the noir flower at his face that it brushed the tip of his nose. He took a step backward and grunted in distaste. “Then, what could this flower possible be? Mr Knowitall?” Not wanting to miss the chance, everyone simultaneously took a step closer to look at the paper, making the place even crowded than before. Miu could hear whispers of discussion from the back. Seriously? Come on, this is a freakin’ school you people, not a wet market! She rolled her eyes.

The tutor took the paper and examined it. It wasn’t after a long time, “it.. is a flower.” He answered. Miu could feel her mouth dropped to the ground. “You little kids should stop playing hide and seek, be a good girl and go back to buy some vegetables from the market, your mommies would be happier that way.” With an emotionless face Miu stuck out her tongue, “excuses from the one who doesn’t know the answer.” “It was just a drawing you picked up from the trash can while playing hopscotch on the street.” He commented half heartedly. Somehow this really got on Miu’s nerve, “Nyx’s right, you know, class is over and teachers should head home; it’s explorers’ time!” “You… Hmph!” he threw the paper which caught up by the breeze and swirled before landing on the ground, and walked haughtily towards the gate.

“Ugh, he’s despicable!” Miu scolded and dusted the picked up paper. She finally noticed the thickening crowd, “Do you know the name of this flower?”

“Is that a fire lily?”

“What are you talking about? It is a fire lily!”

Miu sighed. “it’s none of your business then. Also, thank you very much.” She could still feel the penetrating gaze of the crowd.

“What?”

&%$@# <-- shooing people XD

Miu turned towards Nyx tiredly after the dissipation of the horde of scholars. “Let’s hurry, hopefully the staffs would wait for us to meet them before they leave for dinner.” She hurried her way into the building.
Back to top Go down
Yuki_Shinozuka
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Yuki_Shinozuka

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:55 am

Nyx was smirking, looking at the exchange between Miu and the arrogant tutor. ' So Miu has a cunning side to her also. Well, I wonder what else she may be hiding under her innocent face.'

" Yeah I hope so too. I don't want to come just so that there's no one to ask. Oh, and I gotta say, even though you may be small, you able to take care of yourself, that's not something anyone can do. Especially with the fact that you're travelling alone, with Nyan of course, but I mean without an adult." Nyx said as she followed Miu inside the building.

Even with the crowd before has gone, there are still curious eyes following their every movement. There's not much people left in the corridors, the scholars probably already went home for the day, but there are some here and there reading a scroll or a book. ' Hmm, I wonder where we're going to start asking' Nyx thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 pm

"Thank you!" Miu smiled brightly at the complement, her cheeks a slight pink. "My dad used to tell me bedtime stories, although they were just some boring old fantasies for kids, they offered me much guidance. My mom did ask me whether i should reconsidered my choice; i am certain." she replied with unwavering confidence.

"Well let’s get going," Miu cuddled the turtlecat that was perching on her head and stuffed him into her backpack. After all the trouble he had caused, she had learned her lesson from Nyx, that was to keep him out of sight. It was so silly of her to not think out such a brilliant idea in the first place. She proceeded walking up the stairs into the grand doors of the main building, she couldn’t help but looked up in awe as she passed through the entrance. She could clearly make out the dragons from golden carvings, and the gold coins, of course. She had nearly forgot, earth people love money.

Several corridors led into one place in the building, and it hadn’t took Miu long to find out, as they tried every single one of them. It was like a beautiful maze, almost palace-like. Miu would have been touring the campus in wonder if it wasn’t for their mission. Right, mission. No matter how big and wondrous this campus looked, the beautiful walkways and chambers were just yet another obstacle from reaching their goal. Gawd, now it sounded ugly. No. fugly.

It was not until their thirtieths hallway that she finally announced they were lost, so much for Miu leading the way. She scratched her rainbow head and turned around.

"Um, where is the library?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki_Shinozuka
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Yuki_Shinozuka

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Nyx could only stare at the rianbow head girl. After a few minutes she said, " Hmm? I thought you knew where you were going." smiling, the corner of the lips twitching from surpassing the laugh that was about to break. " With how confident you look walking at the front, I thought you knew. If you wanted me to lead the was wouldn't it be you following me?" One of Nyx's eyebrow rose.

" But still, I think you got a knack for being an explorer, maybe it's you explorer instinct telling you." Nyx walked passed to the door behind Miu. Making her way slowly, not telling the other girl what she meant. Then she opened the huge door with a flourish, turning toward the Miu with her arms open and said, " Welcome to Ba Sing Se University's library."
Back to top Go down
DalDal
Beginner
Beginner
DalDal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 am

Miu stared at the opened door, mouth agape with incredulity. "WOW," Her backpack slid down her shoulders landing in a pile on the floor behind her. The ceiling of library was amazingly high, then she noticed it had three floors, combined as one. Rays of the evening sun shone from the windows above. Rows and rows of shelves lined the area. There was a lounge with elongated tables and green chairs where she could still see some were occupied by the students garmented in an almost similar style of attire, Miu glanced at some men clad in exotic clothing sitting at a corner, those were probably foreign researchers came seeking knowledge and answers, just like what they were doing now. At least they were not the only foreign ones around.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Miu realized she had been gapping at the entrance for far too long. "Of-of course, I’m an explorer, what more could you expect from me? He.. he.. he." Her gaze drifted from side to side as she rubbed her chin awkwardly. "At least we found the library."

She poked her head through the door. So there it was. The counter. It was pretty much hidden from the outside. This place was clearly cleverly designed. "Let’s go talk to her," Miu whispered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an Answer (private)   Searching for an Answer (private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching for an Answer (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: 2014 :: April-
Jump to: