Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Four Seasons :: Volume One 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_vote_lcapFour Seasons :: Volume One I_voting_barFour Seasons :: Volume One I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Four Seasons :: Volume One I_vote_lcapFour Seasons :: Volume One I_voting_barFour Seasons :: Volume One I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Four Seasons :: Volume One

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

Four Seasons :: Volume One Empty
PostSubject: Four Seasons :: Volume One   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Okay Kura, What Are You Doing NOW?

---

Dude, I've always loved writing. I like the art of crafting new stories for others to enjoy, you know? I spend a great deal of my time daydreaming up plots and characters, but the only real progress I ever make with this is through RP'ing. But, however -- ! One of these days I aspire to complete my first real novel. The basic premise of 'Four Seasons' is to convert my RPGs into a novel-like format, so that I may gain progress with this since RP'ing comes so easily to me. If I've roleplayed with you at some point, expect your characters to make an appearance. This edition is covering Tekara's entire legacy. There will be a volume for every one of her descendants, and I just may branch off and do other (requested) characters as well.

Narration for the novels will vary from the RPs in which they were enacted. Certain scenes could be added or removed altogether. All in all, I expect this series to be rather long. I will provide a Table of Contents so people can look up chapters in the story. The links will forward to the page of the posts mentioned. Generally the chapter title will correspond to the title of the RP in which they were played, so for all you mofos that can't wait to get to how I kicked your ass in the Fire Nation, it's all there. ^_^ I'm gonna also provide links to the Character Apps of the characters mentioned.

Characters

Table of Contents
*chapters will be uploaded as they're completed
  1. Prelude: First Job
    - Introducing Tekara, Kiari, and the very first task she must complete as a hired hand.

2. Chapter One: Infiltrating the City Pt. 1
    - For the aforementioned job, Tekara is forced to bring Kiari along on her first mission ever: to infiltrate the Dark Nation capital.

3. Chapter Two: Infiltrating the City Pt.2
    The plan is formed. And the group moves on to invade ..

Last edited by LadyKura on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Four Seasons :: Volume One   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:42 pm

PRELUDE:
First Job

Tekara only got her bearings through luck. Fate seemed to deal her cards with an extraordinary sleight of hand, rendering the girl helpless and penniless, desperate to prove her skill in a world where everyone seemed to want Benders instead of Nonbenders. So much misfortune had plagued her, she wondered whether the spirits cared at all for her. Impulsive, yes she was, but she was far from unwise or even inattentive. After she fled her home, the Northern Water Tribe, taking her brother along with her, she found herself in a world of miscreants and criminals. Much of her precious money had gotten stolen almost immediately. Kiari's bracelet was among them, but the thankfully her artifact and Kiari's earrings were safely on their holder's frames at the time.

Tekara's brother, Kiari, was her prized gem. The child, small and delicate, was the object of both her struggles and perseverance. He was the light of her life; the glow of her heart; the spark in her soul; the day to her night. Slender and graceful in his own right, Kiari possessed the telltale beauty of their mother, with long brown hair and her pale skin. His eyes talked of the sea at sunset. But, however, Kiari was troublesome. The child was an enigma. Kiari, though docile, was extremely difficult to understand.

She'd heard rumors of a program that offered training and shelter for promising young warriors. Being sixteen, she jumped at the offer before it was too late. She and Kiari were quickly running out of money, and she needed shelter for the both of them. She spent a year training. Likewise, Kiari continued his healing education, as this was the only skill the five-year-old learned voluntarily. After impressing their teachers a great deal with their skills, was transferred to a Fire Nation organization run by a special Council which sheltered and monitored young, gifted but unemployed fighters. Things seemed to finally be looking up.

But one morning, as Tekara made her bed in the dim, watery light, a sharp rap fell on her door. The noise woke Kiari instantly, and the small child gazed in the direction of the sound sluggishly.

It was the councilor, coming to inform her that they'd been accepted to a job under the Fire Lord. Tekara scrambled to pack her belongings, casting a wary eye on the man hovering by the doorway. Kiari cowered under the bed sheets, perturbed by the man's mere presence. The councilor was an intimidating individual; the trainees were only allowed to see him when they were presented a job. The man was always carrying out orders to terrorize Tekara in particular. He'd rejected her pleas to rejoin the corporation many times (upon realizing that she would be keeping Kiari along, the council rebuked her membership). Because Tekara needed to train and look after her brother, she was often picked on by her overseers. The council finally found some worth in Kiari upon realizing that his healing abilities were indeed extraordinarily potent, but the prejudice placed against her were unyielding.

"You should be very honored," he'd told her coldly as she threw her duffle bag over her shoulder. "Times of war are tricky. It is great fortune that the Fire Lord has taken interest in you. So young. And a woman, no less." Tekara glared at him, but said not a word. She'll be in deep trouble if she ended up homeless again. Turning to her brother, she beckoned him forward with some complex motion of her wrist, and took his hand.

"May I take a moment to find someone to look after him?" she asked, gesturing to the small child beside her. The five-year-old gazed up at the councilor mutely. His eyes gleamed.

The councilor chuckled. "Look after him? Why, he is going with you."

Tekara was dumbfounded. "What?"

"You did not think we would be allowing him to stay without the boy earning his keep, now do you? You requested to be brought in as a unit. Since this boy is a part of your unit, he must go along."

Tekara sputtered. "But he's only five! You cannot be serious. What is he supposed to do? What if he gets--" she stopped suddenly, casting a hesitant glance to the child beside her. Kiari's face was worried. Innocent, reproachful, but worried.

The councilor beckoned them along, intending to go to his office. "It is either you cooperate, you find somewhere else to stay. Take your pick."

Last edited by LadyKura on Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marlo Stanfield
Novice
Novice
Marlo Stanfield

PostSubject: Re: Four Seasons :: Volume One   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Great read.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Four Seasons :: Volume One   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 am

Thank you so much!

[ actual rp ]

Getting into the Dark Nation had been easy enough for the siblings, under the guise of their false identities and unassuming stature. She was a nonbender, a seventeen-year-old one at that. Kiari was a nonbender according to their false identities, and five. What, pray tell, were they supposed to do to hurt the war efforts in any way?

A lot, she thought. 'But not alone.'

Clutching tightly to Kiari's tiny hand in her larger, calloused ones, she waited for the other arrivals by some pub in the middle of a particularly fierce rainstorm. Rain battered upon their heads, throwing thick strands of black hair into her face, and truthfully Tekara felt was the only one miffed by it. Kiari soaked up the liquid with obvious glee, wetting his forelocks as they poked out from underneath his hood. It was Tekara's firm grip on him that kept him from removing his cloak altogether. Naturally, the boy thrived in his weather.

Finally, she could discern two shadows moving down an adjoining street. This section of the avenue she stood in was more or less deserted, and was considered a back passage or alleyway more than anything else. No one would have any real purpose to come here and linger, so when the figure did not move for a few minutes, Tekara went closer to him to discern her suspicions.

Halfway there, the man whipped out a sword and turned. His companion was oddly silent. "Who's there?" he demanded, dark eyes shifting through the rain.

Tekara paused. Without a doubt, she knew who this was. Who else would have that kind of voice? Who else would be able to sense her several meters away, in the rain, no less? The king of the Fire Nation, Kouzai. Tension crawled up in her veins, but she forced her gaze to be smooth. Confident. Kiari was still now, poised beside her with an almost refined air about him.

In an attempt to smother the choking admiration she felt towards the man, Tekara wiped some hair off her wet face. Then, trying to seem just as dignified as he was, she breathed, "Hello."

A pregnant pause ensued, during which she mulled over how he'd react to the five-year-old anchored beside her and who the strange woman was.

"I'm here for the mission."

"You-You're the one that the Council sent huh?" Kouzai sheathed his sword. He hadn't bothered to hide his disbelief, much to Tekara's chagrin. Embarrassment swelled, painful and achy. So she wasn't chosen by this man himself. Rather, the Council had sent her. She supposed she should be honored. But a dark seed implanted itself within. More likely than not, this was an attempt of the councilor to get both her and Kiari killed.

Lilke hell she was going to give him the satisfaction.

The king went on, "Welcome aboard. You look talented. Of course, when I imagined you, I never expected a kid. He can come, just make sure he doesn't die on us."

Tekara's face burned.

"You've been here a while, I suppose; where is the nearest inn? There we can talk about the plan." The king's tone was surprisingly lighthearted, and the woman beside him was almost infuriating quiet. Tekara had expected the king to be an angry fellow and start prattling on about 'dishonor' or something similar. She didn't know what to make of the woman.

Tekara nodded. "It's down the street here." Careful to keep her back straight, and chin high, she led the king and his companion down the path and to an unassuming-looking cafe. Kiari had a little spring in his step. He probably thought they were going home.

Tekara'd gathered that this cafe was unpopular compared to other sites nearby, but loyal customers typically flocked there at this time of night. These people weren't particularly righteous, so it was unlikely they'd get reported. Moreover, they would be able to formulate without being overheard. It wasn't the discussion of the plan that made Tekara uneasy, though. It was was plan itself, and her capability to execute it. How was she supposed to do a good job lugging around a five-year-old?

She sighed so low only she could hear it. Pessimism will destroy you, she remembered.

"There's a booth inside for all of us," she told Kouzai. "I pre-ordered. Nothing too shmancy, just something that'll make us seem less suspicious."

Kouzai and the woman sat down at the indicated booth, Tekara and Kiari across from them. "Any ideas?" the king said.

Tekara was somewhat affronted. Was she expected to map out the plan herself? Had the king truly come so far only to be entirely clueless as to where to go from here?

Ugh, no. She dispelled the thought so violently it hurt. He's just gauging my abilities. I shouldn't be so doubtful of a king. What on Earth was I thinking?

Suddenly, a dark shape entered the cafe. Tekara watched with no small amount of apprehension as a girl with long dark hair approached them, donned head to toe in appropriate rain gear. Something inside Tekara bristled at the mere sight of her.

The girl stopped in front of the table, sweeping her large eyes over everyone. "May I join you? I know what you are doing here in the dark nation capital."

Last edited by LadyKura on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Infiltration2   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 pm

CHAPTER TWO:
Infiltrating the City Part 2

[ actual rp ]

The Lord nodded to Tekara and his companion. Immediately, he, the woman and Tekara drew their weapons. Tekara's item of choice was her father's dagger. The hilt gleamed with a single ruby, and the rest of the wooden hilt was an abstract jumble of painted colors.

"Who told you? Who are you and what nation do you hail from?" The Fire Lord hissed. Tekara watched him put heavy emphasis on his sword as he waited for the girl's reply.

The girl's expression did not change. Tekara could tell by her stance, however, that she was guarded. She might have been planning something. "The Councial of Ten told me about your plan," she explained. "I hail from the Eastern Air Temple."

Tekara glared. It was implausible, she thought, that this girl could just come out of nowhere, uninvited, and not have some sort of agenda. "How do we know your words are sincere?" she asked. If she so much as breathed wrong, she was going to attack.

Beside her, Kiari picked at his food. He always ate slowly, but now his pace was pretty much still as he viewed the scene in front of him. He wouldn't quite understand what was happening, and Tekara prayed he would know to get out of the way, should things go wrong.

"She's not lying .. I can tell," the Fire Lord told them. "Welcome. Sit. We're planning our assault now."

Tekara removed her father's dagger, somewhat numb with disbelief. She flashed the girl a look that screamed she wasn't trusted, and scooted over the give her space.

The girl's expression lit up. It didn't change, actually, but Tekara felt the atmosphere shift. She sat down. To Tekara's surprise, she seemed completely relaxed now. No signs of hostility, and no signs of nervousness, either. "When should we start our assault?"

"Well, we first need to know what everyone's capable of. By the looks of it, Lily you're an airbender. I'm gonna guess you can also smoke and sound bend. That makes you a multi-range fighter. You Tekara, you look like a non-bender, but you seem skilled in both archery and sword fighting, making you a long and mid range fighter. Skye is a water bender and is also a multi-range fighter with her daggers and bending. I am a multi-range fighter with my mastery of Lightning, Fire, and Dark Bending as well my two swords here. Let's see .." he paused to think. "Well, we need someone to act as the bait; someone who's willing to and also strong enough to defend themselves. How about you Lily? You're strong and fast."

Tekara raised a brow. So the woman's name was Skye? And how the hell could he tell all that just by looking at them? It was almost insane. If it was her fault, she hadn't meant to be so obvious about her skills. But then again, she guessed, he was the Fire Lord. He might have advantages over others. And he hadn't guessed what Kiari could do. To be fair, no one would assume the five-year-old was adept at healing. It would be also difficult to assume that, should Tekara get hurt, the boy would lose it; doing everything in his power to protect his big sister.

"I am strong and fast with air bending," Lily admitted. "I am a master at smoke and soundbending, also. How do you need me to act as bait?"

"I need you to distract the higher guards, the lower ones we can deal with the fun way," said Kouzai. He placed his hand on his sword, and Tekara followed it. "Skye I want you to back me up, Tekara same with you."

"I'm cool with that," Tekara told him very politely. "What time will we attack? Tonight or tomorrow morning? We might be able to find more information."

The Fire Lord stood. "One hour. Get ready." He was already on his way out the shop. "I'll be back."

Tekara was a bit put-off by his coldness, but she shrugged it off and turned to her little brother instead. Kiari was downing both their glasses of water enthusiastically, tiny throat bobbing with each gulp and face fixed in an expression of bliss. A good meal and water always seemed to do that to him.

She smiled. Tekara took his hand and stood, pressing past Lily with great care. "I'm going up to my room to prepare him and grab my weapons," she told Lily and Skye. "I'll be back shorty."

Upstairs, Kiari was cooing over a fountain of toy blocks spilling from the closet. She'd rented the room for about a week, and in that time she managed to buy him several new toys to play with, stashing an entire set of blocks in the closet. Opening it to retrieve their mission gear, Kiari ransacked it and made a mess.

Laughing despite her upset stomach, Tekara tossed hers and Kiari's suits on the bed. With the child forever being her first priority, Tekara carefully dressed him and padded his uniform. She braided his hair away from his face before pinning it all up. During it all Kiari was quiet and complacent, turning his head when she requested, and not even nodding off to sleep. Tekara placed a feather-light kissed on his brow.

She donned her outfit quickly, throwing on her clothes with much less of the care she'd taken towards dressing Kiari. A black shirt and shorts, with an arrow sling strapped to her back and a sheathed sword attached to her hip, Tekara was fit for the occassion. Her father's dagger hung on a thong around her neck, easy to reach.

She was back downstairs with less than five minutes to spare, holding her brother's hand protectively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Seasons :: Volume One   Four Seasons :: Volume One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Seasons :: Volume One
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: General Chat :: Stories, Artwork and Poems-
Jump to: