Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_vote_lcapThe Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_voting_barThe Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_vote_lcapThe Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_voting_barThe Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raion Tatakau
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Raion Tatakau

The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED Empty
PostSubject: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm

The Vordannen Manor: 5:00 am

Kai was awake again, it was before the sunrise and he still couldn't sleep. He kept on dreaming of the House of Taiza he'd killed, he could still see their blood spilled on the floor, it scared him. He sat up, and got out of bed stretching. He still lived without a wife, his mother lived in another part of the Manor, but it was huge with many different buildings, seperated, it was more of a castle then a manor, with it's huge walls, and buildings, although the main gates were currently opened, the palisade gate that was at the front of Kais house was closed, and guarded They had owned this piece of land for centuries yet it was still full of lost and ancient mysteries left undiscovered.

And to think a few years ago it had almost been destroyed by the Taiza House, until he had ended the siege by beheading the head of the Taiza, Sol Mingh. He wouldn't be able to get sleep for a while. He walked out of his room and into his hallway, there were many doors on each side. Some were full of shelves, and closets, and others had small reading rooms, or places of rest, and some full of extra rooms. Then he came to the main part of the house, and the strangest in architecture. A fork came broke, three doorways lead three ways. The on in the middle contained a spiraling stair that stretched up and down, there were some platforms that came suddenly in the middle of the stairwell, round metal disks with gaps in the edges to let the stairs through, and doors on the sides. He went down these stairs he remembered so well, after all this house had belonged to his father before him, but after his father died his mother couldn't bear the sight of the house anymore, and moved to the other side of the manor, so many memories were here. So many empty rooms, left to gather dust in the silence and shadow, it was seemed gloomy now that it was not full of the sounds it had once been full of. All his family members did not wish at all to occupy it. Kai felt so lonely now, he needed a wife, he needed children. The wood stair handle felt cold, compared to the warmth it had hallowed once. Finally he was down the stairs in the main hall.

At once time this hall was lit by a crackling fireplace, but now that fireplace was always left unlit. Kai bent some fire, and lit the smouldering remains of wood that were left in the fireplace. If crackled, and burned a small flame, he shivered, it would never burn the same as it once had. It shined light on the carpet in that hall, a long rug spread over a long carpet armchairs on the sides, now empty, but filled with the ghosts of his past. He walked through it in his robe barefoot. The carpet seemed so filled with patched of dirt. The fire created shadows on the walls, and one in particular stretch into the corner, and at first he thought it was a trick of his eyes, but after staring into the shadow for a while, he swore he saw eyes there, and... a being. Someone had broken in.

"Who's there!" he yelled out. The shadow didn't move, the eyes just kept staring at him, glaring. It sent a chill down his spine, he didn't want to accept this fear but he had to. He stared right into its eyes, it stared right back, then he thought he heard a voice say, "You...you killed me." it said. Kai began to shake, until he couldn't stop shaking, in his fear, he threw a ball of fire at it. The fireball arched gracefully, the eyes still sat there as it flew, until the fireball hit the shadow. He heard nothing when it hit but a crackle, but he swore that in that crackle he heard a shriek. The wallpaper burned there for a while, and Kai allowed it to for a few minutes. It didn't smoke. He put it out with a wave of his hand, and approached the corner.

There was no body, nothing, it was all in his head. "Wake up Kai" he said to himself. He turned and entered the dining room of the house, it was small and round, and ornately decorated. The turtle shell tiles on the floor gave it dazzling beauty, however in its state it looked... haunting. Suddenly, another chill went down his spine. Then he saw them, eyes out of the window. At first he stared at them, and then they blinked. I'm still here." he heard something say. He grabbed a broken piece of one of the tiles and threw it at the window, it broke with a loud crackling sound. He sat there for a while, staring at the window shaking more then ever, the shaking stopped when he heard the footsteps of his guards, they were coming from behind him. "Sire are you all right." one of them said, as they ran in swords drawn.
"Yes, yes I'm fine." Kai said. He was in a state of shock, his face was a pale white. "Clean this mess up, and go on moderate alert, stand by." he said.
"Yes, sir." the guards said, they both left, one to get one of the servants, the other to warn the guards. Kai sat down at his table, and grabbed one of the cups, it still had water in it. He sipped it. Dirty like the rest of the place. He looked in it there was a small cloud of dirt in it, off the ceiling perhaps. He threw it on the ground, watching it shatter. A few minutes later a servant was in the room cleaning up the glass.

Kai climbed up the ladder to the watch tower, that was by his gate, he was dressed in uniform now, and it was 5:00. His guard saluted him. "At ease soldier." Kai said. "Your off duty soldier." he said, "I'll take this shift."
The guard smiled. "Yes sir." The guard climbed down the ramp. Kai leaned on the balcony. Staring down at the manor below. He could see his mothers house far away from here, of course her window was the one encompassed by trees, she didn't want to see this house from her window. Then he saw a shadow walking away from her house near the main gate. Kai shivered again, he looked around for the guards binoculars, and finding them looked through them towards the figure. this was no spirit, it was a real person.

He looked towards his mothers house, the lower window by the door was glowing from the lamps lit within, then shut off. He put the binoculars down, Why would someone be knocking on doors this early? he thought. The shadow was walking towards his house now, what did this person want. Information, possibly? About what? Kai would have to wait for a few minutes, it was a short walk from his mothers house to his own. He grabbed the hilt of his dagger Taika, clenching it in his hand. Calm down, Kai. he said to himself, he let the hilt go. Calm, he had to be calm.
Back to top Go down
Ying Zheng
Novice
Novice
Ying Zheng

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Dragon Warrior
Ying Zheng

Long live the Fire Nation

Ying Zheng was walking around the area of the fire nobles, he was just a simple commoner but being a decently ranked soldier had it's advantages, he met a lot of nobles in the academy some were nice others were just snobs, but Ying did not pay a lot of attention to them. It was early in the morning the sun was almost out, he was placed on guard duty around this area. Ying always mediated on matters when he is alone, he breathed in and out exhaled a little fire from his mouth. This world is so different, how he missed being in the dragon island training.

His mother and father always be little him when he was little that's why he escaped from them and ended up in the dragon island and trained there learning many fire bending moves even the dragon breath but to him fire was a way of life not a tool. This manor was big it seemed more like a town with different houses than a manor, he was placed here in guard duty until he was sent out to a different place, Ying Zheng never stays much in the same place it was normal to him, enjoyed seeing the world on his dragon back there he could learn more about other cultures, one place he hoped on going is the air temples.

Then his peace was broken one of the other guards appeared telling him they were on moderate alert "How troublesome" he thought to himself and went in to the manor knocking in on the door checking if everything was alright, if someone is here he would fall to the might of fire.

...I have spoken

Long live The Fire Nation
Back to top Go down
Raion Tatakau
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Raion Tatakau

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:19 pm

A servant shifted out of bed, it hadn't been a long while since he had cleaned up that mess of glass, and now when he was dreaming peacefully and the guards were on moderate alert someone had to knock.

The servant opened the door, to see a guard in red blazing armor, but this guard scared him, it looked as if he was ready to pounce.
"I'm sorry sir, can I help you." the servant said.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, but where are you knocking again... at Kais house or his mothers, I got a little mixed up...)
Back to top Go down
Ying Zheng
Novice
Novice
Ying Zheng

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 am

Last edited by Ying Zheng on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragon Warrior
Ying Zheng

Ying Zheng would wait on someone to answer the door he wanted to see what was wrong, with the young noble to put the guard in such an alert what could have possibly passed through the defenses the guard put up, the only better guarded place is the palace.

A servant would answer the door and ask me what did Ying wanted at this hour "Is the noble here, the one that put up the alert?" he would ask the servant in qualm but demanding voice.

...I have spoken

Back to top Go down
Raion Tatakau
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Raion Tatakau

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 am

"Oh no. The master, he's gone on morning duty for some reason... he' up there." The servant said, he shivered nervously as a chilly morning wind came in. He slammed the door in the guards face, and thundered back up to his room angrily, didn't anyone have any brains around here.

(OOC: Actually, you were supposed to be the shadow, lol... but it's your choice.)
Back to top Go down
Ying Zheng
Novice
Novice
Ying Zheng

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Dragon Warrior
Ying Zheng

He heard all that he needed the from the servant before the fool closed the door in Ying Zheng face much to his annoyance a blood vessel formed on his head from the anger and he snorted fire but then he calmed himself and thought out the situation so the Noble was in the guards tower, "How helpful of him..." being annoyed at the noble eagerness to help the guard, he is a noble he should be sleeping or reading or whatever.

Then Ying Zheng carried on to the other house, the mother of the noble house "Hopefully the reception there is better than this sorry excuse for a servant" what did the noble see that made him put on the alarm maybe he saw something most noble are trained fighters so he was sure he could hold himself up in a fight.Ying digress and carried on his way to the mothers house where he knocked the door to see if everything was in order.

...I have spoken

Back to top Go down
Raion Tatakau
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Raion Tatakau

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Kai looked again at the shadow in the distance... it was gone, or so he thought. Just a waking dream it seemed. Kai looked down to see the same shadow he'd seen before walking back away from his home. So there had been someone there. He looked down on the person. It looked to be only a fire nation guard wandering around, knocking down doors. But he looked to be searching for why they were on moderate alert. The bell that was in the outpost hung idly, it had been rung just a small while ago by his command, but now that daybreak was here the guards would want to get home and go to bed. He looked towards the west to see more and more houses, that stretched down the thin road, some were small where the peasants who served the lords lived, although they lived richly compared to city peasants they still had jobs to do.

He looked back towards the guard. "You there." he yelled out. "Come, see me in my house." he said. He needed some company, and today would be just as dull as ever. He rang the bell twice, meaning that the guard could come off moderate alert, and off duty. He looked west towards his uncles place, it was as big as all the other noble houses, but unlike the others, it had the same architecture as the main Vordannen Family house, which was now deserted. It had a rounded square base, and another slightly smaller rounded square above it, and then, at the top another rounded square, with curved roofing, three huge blocks clamped together. Each block contained about three levels, and each block of levels had a certain purpose.

The base block, was meant to be a place where the main activity took place, most of the day the family would be found in this level. The very bottom level contained the main hall, the kitchen, and the dining room, and the second higher level contained the libraries, and studies, while the upper third level had a range, and spar room. The middle block slightly smaller then all the the other blocks. The lowest room of this block, contained storage rooms, and more importantly, the Treasury for that family and armory, locked away secretly and safely. The level above that was usually full of art rooms where some would paint, and greenhouses full of plants. It was the most open level of the house windows there were usually left open all the time, Kai especially loved to visit here, and even had a room in that level of his house, but it seemed the only part of the house that was still full of life. The level above that had tea rooms, living rooms, and closets full of clothes and jackets, this was also full of all the natural convenience rooms a house has, such as a laundry room.
The upper most block was now the most empty in his house. Two levels devoted to bedrooms, and small libraries, and resting rooms. Some of these rooms were once the most beautifully adorned, but they were now sad and empty, the top attic was full of archives, full of scrolls that had kept track of family history for man generations. The attic also contained the room of the scribe of the house, one person in each family would take on the role of scribe, and it was passed on through rite.

Kai looked back on his own house again, wondering if it would ever be restored to its former glory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED   The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vordannen Manor (Ying Zheng) CLOSED
Page 1 of 1