Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_vote_lcapPaper Faces on Parade (closed) I_voting_barPaper Faces on Parade (closed) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_vote_lcapPaper Faces on Parade (closed) I_voting_barPaper Faces on Parade (closed) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Paper Faces on Parade (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Paper Faces on Parade (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm

The entire Earth Kingdom Palace was decorated for the party that was taking place that very night. All the rooms, that were available to guests, were decorated in colors to match the theme. The theme was that of a masquerade ball, which was a custom taken from the New World, where people danced and conversed wearing ornate masks. The Earth King decided to hold the party for no real reason, but ended up saying it was because of the everlasting peace in all of the nations. All throughout the palace servants moved to and fro placing decorations, tables, and chairs for the many guests that will be spending their time here today. The party was going to last probably all night so very important guests would stay in the palace while others would stay in nearby noble homes. With the banners hung the night was slowly starting to approach.

Earth King Onao sat in his large bedchambers. The king was standing in front of the mirror while servants moved all about him. Even though he protested to them having to dress him Onao ended up giving in. They were adorning the king with radiant greens and yellows. They even threw in some red and blue here just to please the VIPs from foreign nations. Onao did not mind what he was wearing as long as everyone was having a good time and nothing went wrong he could sleep well. Soon he was dressed in his long flowing robe, sandals, and finally his mask. The mask was from the New World, but had some Earth Kingdom flare added to it. The mask was smooth to the touch and had earth tone colors of tan and light brown almost burnt orange. Onao held the mask to his face as a servant tied it for him. “Thank you,” he said and the servant bowed and left. He looked in the mirror nodded in approval and left.

Onao walked out of his room and down the hall deciding to make sure everything was set before his guests arrived. The food was set and the decorations were perfect. He made his way to the throne room, which was of course changed for the occasion. In the middle there was a designated area for a dance floor and performers, and then around it were large long tables waiting for guests. Mojin, the Earth King’s head advisor, approached the king. He bowed and said, “My king the guests are arriving. Should we let them in?” Onao chuckled and replied, “Well of course let the party begin.” He walked up to his throne and sat down placing his arms on the rests. People flooded in all wearing masks. Those who were not wearing masks were handed one at the door. The party began with Onao giving a small welcoming speech. As people took their seats he stood up. Holding his hands out he caught the guest’s attention and exclaimed, “I welcome all of you to my home!” He smiled and continued, “I don’t have much to say and I am sure you all are hungry! So let’s eat!”

He clapped his hands and servants busted through the doors carrying trays of food. Onao took his seat at his table with foreign dignities and started to eat and converse. After everyone was full they moved aside a few of the tables and Onao retreated back to his throne. Performers from the Fire Nation took the center of the room and started to preform using bending and acrobats. The party continued from there and Onao was forced to go out and talk with people because he liked to show that he was a social king. After speaking with a diplomat from the Air Nation and his guard Onao slipped out of the Throne Room. He said hello to a few Earth Kingdom nobles and walked down a hall. Of course he had two guards following him due to safety reasons. Onao stopped at a doorway and told them to stay there. He walked out into a courtyard area with a bench and surrounding plants. He slid off his mask and ran his hand through his hair. It was always good to get out of the chaos now and then.

((His mask: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/216/f/f/Oriental_Floral_Mask_no__1_by_merimask.jpg))
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:40 am

Leihsing Sho stepped into the masquerade ball and was immediately overwhelmed. People in many different dresses and robes frisked back and forth, some dancing to the music, some getting drinks, some talking, and some viciously attacking the various cakes on the tables. Leihsing was already confused, and she was only supposed to be looking for one person: her contact from the rebellion. She was worried that he had already been caught up in the action and had forgotten the mission, but she trudged on anyway.

Well, "trudged" was probably not the word that could be used for Leihsing. Her dainty sandals were more accustomed to dainty steps. Along with brown formal sandals, she wore a golden kimono that, despite being long and extremely formal, fit her quite well and made it easy for movement through the ocean of people. She wore a golden mask that was shaped like the head of an armadillo wolf. She had chosen to leave her golden hair down for this night. It cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall of yellow light.

She quietly made her way through the bustling madness of the ball, trying to avoid any conversation, which she despised. She just had to manage to get to the right side of the room and meet her contact...

Suddenly, a bustling throng of people swooped towards her, pulling her away from her solitude. Leihsing couldn't catch anything that was being said, but most people were laughing and talking loudly. One person screamed into Leihsing's ear, and she flinched back, shoving the hoard away in an attempt to break free.

Somehow, she ended up next to the door to the gardens. The guards were attempting to stop the extremely crazy party guests, and Leihsing pushed through the door unnoticed. It was an escape means, but she ended up with something very different.

Her first sight was the bright and beautiful flora in the Earth King's garden. They glimmered in the pale moonlight with amazing colors and flawless flowers. She felt like she was in a dream world, and for the first time in a long and seemingly endless depression, she smiled like a ten-year-old.

Her second sight was the Earth King sitting on his bench. He seemed tired and had taken his mask off, revealing his sterling features. His brown eyes seemed warm and inviting, and his dark brown hair revealed his youth, even if he was older than Leihsing. Every etching that was made on his face showed his strength and kindness. Even though her brain was telling her to stop feeling such a strong emotion towards this man, Leihsing's heart fluttered with another emotion she had not felt in a long time: love, raw and beautiful. She took a tender step towards him, suddenly feeling scared and unsure of herself.

"H-hi," she muttered, almost inaudibly.

((Her mask: http://merimask.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=golden#/d1y806r ))
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Onao continued to sit on the bench until he felt restless and had to move about the garden. He walked among the freshly bloomed flowers and even smelled a few. The garden was lit dimly by the moon just like Onao liked. When he had taken the crown there were lights all throughout the gardens. He decided to get rid of most of them because they took away from the natural beauty. He smelled a few more flowers and then sat down on the bench. Onao was about to stand up and head back into the party when he saw a feminine figure standing in the doorway. He wondered where his guards were, but figured this woman could be no harm and if she was he could deal with her. She looked somewhat lost really

“Hello,” Onao said and stood up. He gave the quest a bow and sat back down. He patted his hand on the bench motioning her to take a seat. He did not want her to think just because he was the Earth King she had to act differently. “Are you enjoying the party?” Onao asked with a smile. He was having a decent time tonight. He did have too much on his mind right now and this break from the party would give him time to think. “Do you like my garden?” He stood up and walked to a nearby plant. He smelled it and then straightened, “I try to work on it myself, but I am far too busy. So I have the best nature benders and gardeners in the world here to help me.” He smelled another flower and said pointing to it, “This one was a gift from the Air Nation Royalty. It is my favorite.” He smelled the pure white almost glowing flower and sighed. He moved back to the bench and sat down.

Even though he could not see her face she looked stunning. The way she moved and acted was what he liked about her. Her eyes were a dark brown like the soil of his beloved kingdom. Onao sighed and pushed back a hair that had fallen in front of his face. “What is your name?” He asked her. She would know his because he was the Earth King. Everyone in his nation knew it name. “I am sure you know who I am.” He added with a slight chuckle. “You can call me Onao if you want,” he continued, “I am not too fond of just being called Earth King.” He has tried to get his advisers and servants to call him by his name, but they insest to call him my lord or my king.
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Leihsing straightened as she was noticed by the King. Her heart pumped so loud and strong that it threatened both to leap out of her chest and drown out his melodious voice. She was nearly paralyzed in fear at first, but the king seemed much kinder than she expected (although his kind eyes made her expect compassion from him, he was still royal and rich).

"Hi," she responded, snapping out of her paralysis and walking forward, closer to Onao's kind face. She sat down on the bench while he explained his flowers, taking a deep breath and smelling the fragrance of one of the flowers. "You-your garden is beautiful, Your Maj- I mean, Onao." Somehow, Onao seemed to fit his personality much better than "Your Majesty" or "King."

Seeing how Onao had taken off his mask, Leihsing took off her own, showing her entire face, even the little scar on her cheek. Onao was even more handsome up close. When the little hair fell from his face, Leihsing wanted so desperately to brush it away herself. His chiseled features were much more handsome and apparent than they were previously. She cradled her mask in her hands, keeping her eyes on Onao's face, both to show respect, and because she couldn't look away.

"So, Onao, why aren't you inside? I bet there are dozens of...people itching to see you," she said, attempting in vain to mask her awe at meeting him. She was going to say, "I bet there are dozens of girl itching to dance with you," but that would imply that she wished to dance, which would surely drive him away. "My name is Leihsing Sho, by the way. I'm really no one special..."

Last edited by Leihsing Sho on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Onao could not help but laugh when she had some trouble speaking to him. Most people had a hard time holding a regular conversation with him. He understood because the first time he met a king he was dumbfounded and had no idea what to say or even do. Sure he was given lessons, but none of them helped. “Thank you,” Onao said with a smile, “I take a lot of pride in my garden.” He laughed and added smelling a nearby plant, “Most people don’t know about it. So be lucky you are able to see it.” Not that he was worried that people would judge him or anything. He was a ruler of a nation and rulers did not sit in gardens all day, they ruled.

Then she took off her mask and Onao saw her face. She was stunning. He could not help but stare and in the end he actually had to force himself to look away. He then looked again and noticed a small scar on her cheek, even that scar was adding to her beauty. He then noticed they were sitting there in silence staring at each other. He noticed a hair out of place and quickly fixed it. “I hate the hair styles they put me in,” Onao said still messing with it, “they never seem to work and I always end up messing it up somehow.” He ended up giving up and let the hair and a few others fall in anyplace they wanted to. His eyes then fell on the girl again. Her faces looked so soft and smooth. He sighed softly and a stupid grin went across his face.

Onao shrugged lightly and replied, “Sometimes the parties can be so…tiring.” He was not too sure how to put it, but that is the way he felt. Inside Onao had to keep up his kingly persona and would jump from table to table speaking with people answering by their names. He had remembered so many names and the spirits forbid if he calls someone by the wrong name. He was about to ask her what her name was, but she already beat him to it. “Nice to formally meet you Leihsing,” Onao said with a grin. He frowned when she added that she is no one special. “Well you must be to be inside the palace walls and attend a party hosted by the Earth King. You also may want to add in you are speaking to the Earth King face to face. Do you know how many people would kill to have this chance?” He laughed after he asked the question, but it was true. People constantly come to the palace wanting to speak to him, but sometimes he is just far too busy.
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 am

As Leihsing took off her mask, she noticed that Onao was staring at her. At her! She could hardly believe what was happening, but she didn't stop staring at him, either. When he smiled, he had little dimples around the corners of his mouth, which made her smile as well. He seemed to be very proud of his garden, and it made Leihsing feel honored to be inside of it. "I feel very lucky right now, Onao," she said, smiling brightly.

When his hairstyle came down and he began to complain about it, Leihsing sympathized. She always had to maintain a perfect public appearance, which meant that her ponytail had to be perfect. When his hair draped in front of his face, Leihsing finally let go of her inhibitions and pushed the hair back behind his ear. It was silky smooth, and cascaded like water.

"I understand," she responded to his lament about parties. "It seems much better with just the two of us. No bustling or loud noises, just us two in a garden." She took a deep breath of a flower right next to the bench. It filled her lungs with a scent like lavender, and she sighed happily.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Onao smiled and commented, “I guess you should.” He chuckled and found his eyes moving back to look at her. He quickly looked at the grass and continued, “I feel lucky too.” Onao never gets to just have a decent conversation with someone. The person is either a diplomat from another nation wanting Onao to sign new treaties or an Earth Kingdom citizen seeking aid. Onao gets to talk to his advisers, but they always have some problems for him to deal with and when he attempt to talk to the servants they quickly walk away as if they did not hear him. Sometimes being the Earth King was a tad bit too much for him, but it was a title he had to hold and show proudly because it was in his blood. If his ancestors could hold the throne for five generations he could continue the Peng family name as King.

Onao ended up giving in with his hair and just let it fall in front of his face. He would get a servant to fix it later when he decided to rejoin the party. Now no one of real importance that could shame his name was around so he would not mind. He saw the girl move her small hand and felt it as she pushed his hair away and behind his ear. Her hand was so smooth he wanted her to keep it on his face or just grab his hands and stay there forever. That touch brought up so many emotions. As king Onao has had a few chances to meet a very high up woman to marry. Nobles from around the world bring their daughters hoping they would win the king’s heart and hand in marriage. Sadly all the time Onao refused them because he felt no connection, but now he felt something all because of that touch.

“It is much better out here,” Onao agreed and then added, “also being with a very beautiful girl helps.” He smiled weakly and felt his face go warm a little bit and then it went away. He hoped this moment would not end. He did not want some annoying guard or servant making his way in here telling Onao he had to go back to the party. His eyes fell on the door wondering if anyone would come just because he thought it. To his surprise no one came and he was still alone with this girl. He scooted closer to her and asked, “So where are you from?” He decided he would find a little bit about this girl because for some reason she felt like she was the one. It would help if she was a noble and if not then he would careless and still marry her.
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:19 am

Leihsing smiled when the king said he felt lucky, too. It was a true honor to be able to meet the Earth King, but Leihsing felt like it was even more of an honor to meet someone who seemed kind and friendly enough to talk to her. In the rebellion, most people who met Leihsing only saw her angry exterior and thought that she was a generally angry girl, so they stayed away from her. Onao was so kind, to look past her rough exterior. He wasn't even drawn away from the scar, which made all people have second thoughts about her past.

When her hand connected with his face, there seemed to be sparks. For a second, she was afraid she shocked him, but then remembered the stories the rebel girls would give. The best moment was that first spark. Leihsing let her hand linger there for a few moments, then pulled it back reluctantly. Maybe someday she would be able to reach her hand out for the King to shake and get to feel that spark all over again.

She blushed when Onao called her beautiful. No guy in the history of anything had ever called her beautiful. Sure, there had been people who thought she was cute, even one guy who said she was pretty when she was 13. But beautiful? Out of the question. She simply couldn't believe it. "Well, it helps when I spend my time with someone very handsome." She couldn't believe the words came out of her mouth. Her brain was screaming, "NO!! What are you thinking??!!" but for once in her life, she was letting her heart think for her.

"I'm from the Upper District, but I'm not really very rich. I have some people paying my board, because I...I lost both of my parents a long time ago," Leihsing confided. Her parents were always a very touchy subject, but she couldn't really explain her situation fully without bringing her parents's death into it.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

When Onao heard what she said a grin went across his face. He was a man who was able to rule a nation and has received good and bad comments about his reign and physical person. No one has ever called him handsome or even attractive, granted his love life has been lacking due to kingly duties. His advisers have been bothering him about finding a wife to continue on the name, but he has just been far too busy. “Well thank you,” Onao said weakly now thinking of the connection they were having and the feelings that were circulating throughout his entire body. Onao has never really felt like this and to be honest he enjoyed it.

Onao nodded when she mentioned the Upper District. Even though he is in the District he never really travels outside the palace walls. His advisers and guards decline every time Onao says he wants to. Onao wants to get out there with his people and that means even going to the Lower District and meeting people there. He would not take some fancy carriage or anything, he would just walk the streets meeting his fellow brothers and sisters. “Oh,” Onao said when she mentioned her parents. He then felt a slight tension in the air and noticed that Leihsing did not like to talk about the subject.

“I am sorry to hear that,” Onao said in a weak tone. “I had to leave my parents when I was a young age to begin my studies.” Sure his story was not as sad as hers, but he still misses his parents. “They were not too happy about me leaving so they refuse any invites I send. I have invited them to my palace for every party I hold.” He knows deep down they are happy, but they do not approve of their son taking on such a big position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Faces on Parade (closed)   Paper Faces on Parade (closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paper Faces on Parade (closed)
Page 1 of 1