Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAn unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_voting_barAn unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAn unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_voting_barAn unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orow
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Orow

An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 4:44 pm

The line of logic Nobutada had just spilled out for Orow caught him off guard. He had not even dreamed of enacting such a plan especially near a heavily fortified garrison. After Nobutada had finished orow was left momentarily stunned by all of it as he processed the final question.

"Were i ever to fly that high.." Orow mused to his superior's question as he relaxed back in his chair. He had excepted the fruit from Nobutada and passed it up to his left shoulder where Rikki sat, elated for the snack clutched in her claws. She began to chew loudly and Orow gave her a side long glance. Not without a look of indignation, Rikki flew up to one of the support beams to eat in peace.

"The Osprey." Orow replied after a short pause. The Eagle was the more regal of the two, straightforward and strong. These were not traits orow lacked, but he didn't charge headlong into a fight he waited, observed and strategized.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 5:28 pm

An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 Nobuta11
Crown Prince
Sei-i Taishogun of Nippon

"Fate is in heaven, armor is on the chest, accomplishment is in the feet.
Always fight with your opponent in the palm of your hand, and you won't get wounded.
If you fight willing to die, you'll survive.
If you fight trying to survive, you'll die.
If you think you'll never go home again, you will.
If you hope to make it back, you won't.
While it is not incorrect to consider the world uncertain, as a warrior one should not think of it as uncertain but as totally certain."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nobutada watched the large Flying Fox Bat munch on the fruit heartily before flying off to the rafters to continue its meal in peace.

Nobutada chuckled.  It amused him to see such human traits in an animal.  They truly were as smart as man--smarter if not.

Nobutada smiled.  "I expected as much."

He sipped his tea, drinking until he drained the hot drink.  Then he looked at Orow, straightforward and succinct.

"The Eagle and the Osprey," smiled Nobutada, "It's an old Water Tribe tale.  I learned it growing up from an old Water Tribe Elder who came to visit my father."

Nobutada shifted in his seat to get more comfortable.

"The Osprey is a smaller bird than the Eagle, but a natural fisherman.  Born to fish, it can catch its food without a single problem.  They're skilled, these birds.  Crafty, with every advantage needed to catch their prey.  It is said in flight, and on the hunt, they are so mesmerizing to their prey, the fish simply turn belly-up in defeat and surrender."

Nobutada then raised a hand as if weighing something between the two of them.

"But the Eagle.  He is a noble beast.  A bigger bird.  Used to getting his way.  They eat just as much fish as the Osprey.  But they're not as good as fishing.  In the Northern Tribe, it's said you can always see the Osprey when he catches his fish.  But soon after, jealous, the Eagle arrives and tries to take the fish from him.  Attacking the Osprey for what is rightfully the Osprey's.  The Eagle is a coward, and is lazy.  The Water Tribe believes there are two types of people.  Those, who, like everyone should be, make a living for themselves and those they love.  Then, there are those who would seek to live off the living of others without putting in anything in return."

Nobutada chuckled.  "Ironically that's how the Water Tribes describe relations and politics between themselves and the so-called 'Light Skins.'  No need to guess who's who, it's rather obvious."

Nobutada smiled at Orow.  "Of course you would be the Osprey.  Hard working, making a living for himself and those he cares about.  He and his family always fed.  No matter how many times the Eagle pushes you down you always fight back for what's yours, and sometimes you keep it...sometimes you don't, and that's part of life.  But no matter what you get up the next morning and keep catching that fish."

There was a long pause.

"Exactly the type of man I want on the front in Nippon, fighting against the Demon Hordes.  Should you choose to accept of course, Corporal Orow Rikken, Scouts Corps, Second Division. Known as the Black Watch. You'd be directly under my command, a member of the 1st Black Watch Battalion of the 1st Black Watch Legion. Fire Team Ichi."

Last edited by Fire Lord Kouzai on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Orow
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Orow

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Orow was stunned. He had expected some sort of offer out of this, after all The Emperor of the Sun does not invite you to tea simply for the hell of it. But, to be offered a position of command in Nippon left him truly speechless.

"Sir.... He stammered out, "I do not wish to raise your ire but i have no formal command training and I've never led troops into battle. The most I have done is inform and console more veteran and senior members of staff on attack routes and strategy." He finished in a fluster. He felt as if he was receiving this position merely on a whim and wanted to know the reasoning behind it, but, was weary of outright confronting a man like Nobutada.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Crown Prince

Always fight with your opponent in the palm of your hand, and you won't get wounded.
While it is not incorrect to consider the world uncertain, as a warrior one should not think of it as uncertain but as totally certain."

Nobutada smiled at Orow. He had expected as much. But sometimes you needed to coerce the stubborn donkey with a carrot or a block of sugar to get it to go where it needed.

"I need someone like you on the front," started Nobutada, seriously, "Need. I mean it."

He sighed, stood up, and walked over to his full set of armour and weaponry that sat by the mirror on their stands at full display for anyone who walked in.

"I...have spent many years fighting the demons in Nippon," continued Nobutada, "And I have seen too many good men and women die...civilians and soldiers alike. Men and women who willingly gave their lives for those who couldn't. Men and women who just wanted to eke out an existence like a cat on a hot tin roof."

"I truly believe your presence on the battlefield as the commander of a fire team of operatives would be beneficial to my army, and my people."

Nobutada turned back towards Orow, swishing his cape as he did. "There are a lot of lives that could've been saved if I had a hundred men like you...but I've got one. Just you. So, a handful a lives will have to do. Regardless...a handful of lives is still enough lives for me to please ask you to reconsider."

Nobutada laughed. "You know I could just as easily make it an order." He smiled at Orow kindly. "But I'd never do that to you."
Back to top Go down
Orow
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Orow

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 10:19 pm

"I have just one questions for you then sir." Orow said as he stood and faced his Emperor. Orow couldn't help but feel as if the few minutes they had spent talking had changed his perspective on kings and monarchs quite a bit, or at least of Nobutada."I've heard a few rumors of the demons of Nippon and the horrors they inflict. So, I ask you this.." He picked up his rucksack and grabbed his spear, standing at attention. "Where do you need me?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Crown Prince

Nobutada let out a hearty chuckle, and held his hand out for Orow to shake.

The two men grasped arms and firmly shook hands.

Then, Nobutada pointed towards the hanging map of Nippon off to the left of the massive tent. "The red marks of paint denote positions of my garrisons and armies, scattered throughout Nippon's eastern frontier."

The central parts of the map, as well as the southern, western and part of the centre-east areas of the map looked like a murder had just happened in front of it. Incessantly dotted with countless red marks, noting troop encampments.

The scope was positively massive.

"I have begun pushing the demons east, farther away from the capital of Seiankyo. The west is mostly demon free, but we have issues in the south western bays of Ryoshima Coast. An island that constantly changes location, shrouded in fog and mystery, known as Onigashima, Oni Island, is acting as a fortress for further demon attacks on the capital and Ryoshima coast."

"We sit in a two front war," continued Nobutada, "As I'm sure a wise man like yourself knows, that's exhaustive on resources, on time, and on our men. These demons...they're not foolish or bestial as some would believe. They're intelligent, and they know what they're doing. My hope was by pushing the demons east towards Kamui--" Nobutada demonstrated the movement with his finger "--that we could trap the demons between ourselves and our allies, the Oina."

The Oina were the demon hunters of Nippon, residents of Kamui. Half-man, half-beast supposedly. Nobutada always believed they were more spirit than anything, but could never get close enough to one to prove it. Either way, they were the best at what they did, and had been doing it longer than the Empire.

"Unfortunately we've lost touch with our Oina allies...they've withdrawn to the frigid north of Kamui and have refused all missives since. We do not know what's wrong or why they've gone silent, but we fear the worst."

Nobutada sighed and turned back to Orow.

"In the mean time, demon attacks off Ryoshima coast begin to distract us from our great push east. We are caught in the middle, trying to push east, but leaving enough forces and reinforcements spread out behind to combat the demons coming from Oni Island. The push east has all but halted because of this."

"This, my fine feathered friend, is where you come in," continued Nobutada, "I need you and your skills to scout and perhaps infiltrate Onigashima's fortress. The details will have to wait though, but I can tell you...if we can pull this off we'll be one step closer to destroying the demon threats once and for all."

Nobutada walked over to Orow, and put an arm around his shoulder.

"You'll be heading to Nippon with me in a few days when my airship arrives to take me back," explained Nobutada, "In the mean time, your promotion is official effective immediately. I'll notify the Major that you are relieved of all duties, and no longer under his direct command. Now, you answer to me. And my first order is to take a few days leave, go settle any accounts you need to settle. Say goodbye to loved ones, or sweethearts or whoever it is you need to say goodbye to. Or simply take the time to rest up...you may not see much rest once you arrive in Nippon."
Back to top Go down
Orow
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Orow

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 pm

"That is a large amount of territory to try an cover, even for an a force as mighty as the Sun Empire..." Orow mused as he took the time to inspect the map as closely as possible. He suspected he'd be spending the next few days brushing up on anything he had access to about Nippon. Perhaps he could cast his information net and pull in the favors he still had among his informants. These thoughts were cut of by Nobutada walking over and explaining his time frame before departure. Three days was hardly enough time, but more then Orow had hoped for.

"Thank you sir, but i have no real family to speak of...." He had nobody here on the mainland except some distant cousins in the central earth kingdom. There was a bit of tension after this statement that Orow attempted to alleviate with a question. "Do any of the other Kingdoms support our efforts in Nippon? Or is it a joint force under your command?" He asked pointing back to the map.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Crown Prince

Nobutada shook his head. "No, unfortunately," he answered, "Nippon is our colony, and as such it does not affect the other nations. They don't realize, though, that if we fail in stopping those demons from taking over Nippon...they will spread."

Nobutada wondered how much he should tell Orow. Research in the Spirit Library of Dara last week had revealed some information that Nobutada didn't even know if the Oina were privy to.

No, the Oina knew. They had to...that's why they had withdrawn. They knew exactly what he did, and they were doing their best to--Nobutada bit his lip in thought.

Things were going to get tough, how do they--no, Orow was here.

Nobutada kept his cool and turned back to Orow. "Forgive me, I was just reminded of something I had to do," Nobutada smiled, trying to calm himself and Orow, hopefully. Though Nobutada knew the man had noticed.

Whether he would say anything about it--that was a different question.

"I'm sorry for the short time I've given you," sighed Nobutada, "Three days isn't enough to prepare to uproot your whole life. But I was going to leave in three days whether I'd found anyone or not...besides...I worry to leave Nippon alone too long. My brother, my second in command, recently retired to run Yamagata Province, and that leaves a gap in the chain of command. I'm expecting a new General soon but...well, until I get someone I can trust, or who knows the situation as well as my brother had, I worry for the state of my men and the people there. The demons are craft."
Back to top Go down
Orow
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Orow

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 pm

"Of course sir, I understand." Orow responded before turning to take he leave. He shouldered his bag and left the flap open on top. Rikki dove from the support beam and nestled back into the pack, flipping the top back over as she did so. Orow knew enough from dealing with all manor of people to know when someone was holding back and when they were worried. He'd not press the matter till he saw Nippon with his own eyes. "If you have need of me simply tell the commander, he knows how to get a hold of us scouts. Though I won't stray far from the fort."

Orow saluted and left the tent to make for his barrack to gather his belonging up and take inventory for the journey ahead. "Afterwards i'll hit the library and read up on Nippon: social structure, architecture, religion, traditions.....anything I can to prepare."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 11:50 am

Crown Prince

Nobutada nodded.  "I shall not hesitate if you are needed.  Though I hope for both our sakes, you are not."

He chuckled, and bowed as Orow left.

Then he sat in his chair and let out a heavy sigh.

He couldn't let Orow see the stress piling up on top of him.  The worry for what they'd find in the east of Nippon.  Of where the demons had truly come from.

Years ago in his youth he had done reading with his father at the Spirit Library, run now by the spirit Dara.

It was here the two of them learned information long lost to the human race.  Known only to spirits.  Dara had not known they had read these sacred tomes.  It had taken two weeks to translate from the Spirit Script and language into common.

But once the languages had been translated, they had found snippets of information telling the location of several evil entities.

The tomes called them Corruptors. Wicked Ones.  Gods even.

Nobutada would never go so far.

The locations were blurry, fuzzy and written in code.

He couldn't be certain where they truly were, or if the tome was even correct.  But he feared nonetheless.

There was no such thing as coincidence.

He still remembered the script as if it was yesterday..

"One in the belly of a steel ship.  In the forgotten lands of the spirits.

One on an island of shadows in a prison pit.  Locked away by the light.  Kept safe under the watchful gaze of the Holy.

One in depths of the corruption.  At the root of it all.  In the heart of the world.

One deeper still.  In the world that is not ours.  Pulling the corruption through the veil.  Sitting at the anchor.  Corrupting all that is holy."

He shuddered as he thought about it.

He hoped he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)   An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unexpected Arrival (Orow Kouzai)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Empire of the Sun :: Kumamoto Province :: Kumamoto :: Kumamoto Castle-
Jump to: