Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_vote_lcapA new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_voting_barA new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_vote_lcapA new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_voting_barA new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makaru
Makaru

A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  Empty
PostSubject: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Makaru

https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com/t2271-makaru

One year ago

A grin split the face of a young individual. He stared down at the group of people talking quietly together. He flipped his lighter as quietly as he could and nobody noticed. He met the flame to end of the string of firecrackers and released them into the night.

Makaru could hear total Chaos erupt behind him as he jumped from roof to roof of the lower ring. He stopped to glance behind him and saw another figure on the roof. He paused momentarily. This figure was cloaked, hooded, and looking right at him. The figure nodded ominously and then jumped off the back to the group of people, leaving the young light bender to wonder what he had even saw.

Eventually the wiry kid climbed off the roof and traveled towards the middle wall of Ba sing Se. It was late evening and if he didn't make it to his house near the barbecue restaurant that his uncle Gore owned before curfew he would get into trouble. The Guard sighed immediately with disdain when he saw Makaru approaching.

"Getting into more trouble are we?" The Guard inquired with squinty judging eyes.

Makaru smiled innocently. "Who me?" he said casually jerking a thumb at himself.

The Guard sighed. "Go on in and I better not hear about any trouble."

Makaru rushed through the small gate and hurried towards the house. A few minutes later he arrived just in the nick of time.

Uncle Gore was on the porch and watched him arrive. Uncle Gore was a short and pudgy man but he had caring eyes and almost always was wearing an apron of some sort. Maybe he was just comfortable in one, nobody really knew. His uncle grinned sillily. "Ready for work tomorrow?"

Makaru had forgotten about his shift tomorrow. Ever since he had his custody handed over to Uncle Gore, he would pay his way by just working a little bit at the restaurant. It was okay though, the restaurant was quite a popular place and Makaru often heard lots of interesting stories and rumors floating around. Uncle Gore especially liked it when Makaru worked there because of how well he could remember everyone's stories and faces.

Grudgingly Makaru nodded and moved to go towards a bed to rest his head.

The next morning

Someone began shaking him.

Makaru opened his eyes and was ready for a fight but after his sleepiness cleared away far too quickly he saw that it was just his uncle again.

"Hey kid what kind of trouble did you stir up last night? Some kind of gang is here looking for you at the restaurant. You need to get out of here. Go the opposite of the restaurant and go do something else for the day, and stop getting in trouble or so help me I'll make you work double shifts for the next three weeks!"

Makaru nodded, hastily got dressed and then took off out the back door. He hopped on the roof and began taking off away from the restaurant. However, his curiosity began to get the better of him so her moved to a rooftop that was within view of the restaurant, known as Bill's Barbecue after Makaru's grandfather, and he noticed three or four people standing outside the restaurant that looked like they could've been in that group of people that were talking in the Lower ring. He watched carefully, he wanted to know more about them.

They seemed like they were settled in. Like they were waiting for him. He didn't know what to do. He probably couldn't take three people in a fight. Maybe, he could figure out a way to lure them away. He didn't know. He stared silently thinking carefully about what he was going to do.
Back to top Go down
Yukina
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Yukina

PostSubject: Re: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Tsukara Sato, Leader of Bloodgarde
This takes place one year ago, before the events of Kazuma, his child.

Tsukara had a skip in his step when he trekked along through the markets, passing nameless vendors and patrons. While many things caught his eye ― ranging from chicken satay, to dumplings of all variety ― he would have been lying if he had said his reason for his stroll was to satisfy a hunger. With his arms behind his head, and his lips forming a whistle, he was discreetly looking for that which was out of the ordinary.

As an informant, he had to constantly keep himself updated with the woes of the people; the whispers and rumors that lurked through each stall. It meant socialization, and furthermore, a wonderful game of pretend.

Whenever he was caught by a trader, he made small-talk that developed into news of a black market harbor. And, whenever a jeweler grabbed his arm, he was able to turn their apology into the secrets behind their suppliers. Every interaction he had was a ploy of manipulation, and he was never left without a word.

It was his job to lie for the truth.

This very act was what brought him to a quaint restaurant, having heard that a gang had been forming in front of its doors. While he would have been one to throw himself into the center of the crowd, finding direct attention as the quickest form of handling hotheaded numbers, he had noticed a little birdy perked on a nearby rooftop.

"How interesting."

Perhaps, he shouldn't have snuck upon the lonely onlooker, but Tsukara couldn't help himself. He was curious, and wanted to learn more about the events; the why's and the what's. Any fear or hesitancy was thrown out the window, and always had been whenever it was matched with his thirst for knowledge. It didn't take long for him to reach the shingles of the building, lithely climbing and jumping onto the top. He did his utmost to remain quiet, with his steps barely heard.

"What'cha doin' there?" he finally chimed, with a twitch of a smirk tugging at his lips.
"Didn't anyone ever tell 'ya it's rude to spy?"
Back to top Go down
Makaru
Makaru

PostSubject: Re: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

"Wha'cha doin' there?"  A voice softly spoke next to his ear suddenly.  Makaru froze and turned his head slowly towards the source.  "Didn't anyone ever tell 'ya it's rude to spy?"  Said the man crouched down next to Makaru.  

In his panic Makaru could only think is this one of those gang members?  

He stood up suddenly, too quick in fact, and his feet slid out from under him and he tumbled down the slope of the roof and didn't manage to stop before he reached the edge.  He plummeted the 15 feet drop into a bush.  Pain racked his body, but he didn't think anything was broken.  He opened his eyes and realized he had screamed when he fell off the edge.  The gang members would be headed this way.

Makaru rolled out of the bush and looked up at the man that had so stealthily krept up on him.  He had to talk to the man for a bit because he didn't feel like he could run yet.  "Don't tell those guys I'm over here.  I'll.." Makaru paused for a second thinking not really knowing what else to do.  "... give you free barbeque."  

The pain started to ebb away and Makaru prepared himself to run.  He was wholly convinced this man was going to rat him out and he stared up with a little bit of fear.
Back to top Go down
Yukina
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Yukina

PostSubject: Re: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 10:58 am

Tsukara Sato, Leader of Bloodgarde
This takes place one year ago, before the events of Kazuma, his child.

Tsukara roared with laughter, almost having to wipe away a tear. While he expected such a reaction, he couldn't help but be amused by the other's shift in demeanor. The man before him was scared in his boots, going so far as to fall right off the rooftop and into the flora below. Where's his spine?! Is he even still alive? His curiosity only worsened, wondering just what could have had the stranger so shaken, aside from the sudden greeting, of course. From his own speculation, the informant assumed it was because of the gang in front of the restaurant.

After the stranger uttered a frantic plea, he was proven right. So, he's on the run. The informant's jovial expression never wavered as he grinned, looking over the edge and speaking below, "Barbecue, eh?" Of course, he would have much rather preferred information; words worth selling, but perhaps, this was a lead in the right direction.

Entertained by the circumstance as a whole, Tsukara made subtle movements with his hands, prompting a large shadow to come forth from his pocket. He used it to descend the rooftop like a tornado, and landed just before the man in the bush. The shadow wisped and whirled into the shape of a fox, and draped around his shoulders as he crossed his arms. With the voice of a leader, he nonchalantly ordered, "Get down. Stay quiet. No one will know you're there."

"Can you do that?"
Back to top Go down
Makaru
Makaru

PostSubject: Re: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Makaru was flabbergasted by the whole situation. From the fact that this guy was smiling through the whole thing to the fact that the offer of barbecue actually worked. Nobody had gotten that close to Makaru without him knowing in years. It must of been because I was pre-occupied Makaru reasoned to himself. The man was apparently a dark bender as he conjured darkness from his pocket and used it to get off the roof.

The sneaky stranger spoke. "Get down. Stay quiet. No one will know you're there."

He paused for a second.

"Can you do that?"

Makaru nodded hesitantly, knowing full well he was very terrible at being quiet. he rustled into position trying to get somewhere he could hold still. He wasn't good at being stealthy, but if he just had to hold still and be quiet maybe he could manage. He could hear the gang coming around the corner as he struggled to remain still. He felt very uncomfortable about the whole situation and he waited. He finally got into a crouching position behind the bush he had fallen into. The way he was position he could flee if he needed to. He watched the stranger to see what he would do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)    A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new place to belong (Closed Flashback)
Page 1 of 1