Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Roland, King of the Air Nomads 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_vote_lcapRoland, King of the Air Nomads I_voting_barRoland, King of the Air Nomads I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_vote_lcapRoland, King of the Air Nomads I_voting_barRoland, King of the Air Nomads I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Roland, King of the Air Nomads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

Roland, King of the Air Nomads Empty
PostSubject: Roland, King of the Air Nomads   Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 pm

|BASICS|
Name: Roland Hirahara
Birthplace: Western Air Temple
Current Residence: Northern Air Temple
Element: Air

|PETS/MOUNTS|

Name: Kaze
Picture:
Spoiler:
Personality: Kaze is generally very calm. He doesn’t fight, doesn’t disagree, and doesn’t complain. He is strong, but obedient. However, he won’t hesitate to come to his master’s beck and call. He knows what is expected of him, and delivers without question.
Brief History: Just like any young monk, when Prince Roland came of age, he was able to choose his own sky bison. Unlike other children, however, Roland got first pick of the litter, as was customary for members of the royal family. Roland didn’t really mind which bison he got, and he walked onto the balcony without much thought. Any bison would do, as long as he could get from temple to temple, as would be necessary of him when he became king.

One by one, he scanned the bison. They were all relatively fun and carefree, except for one, who did the routine as planned, and without mistake. Thus, this was the bison that Roland chose and named Kaze, after the wind.

|WEAPONS|
Name: Windburn
Picture:
Spoiler:
Brief History: Roland had always been fascinated with swords. He had a massive collection of them from his years as king, and many from years before then. But his favorite has always been Windburn. Its shape made it easy for him to combine with air bending, and he uses the two in harmony whenever he needs to fight.

Name: Sky Cutter
Picture:
Spoiler:
Brief History: This staff was made specifically for Roland by the most skilled craftsman in the kingdom. It functions as a normal air bender staff, complete with glider wings, but also works well as a spear in times of emergency. Roland was never great at staff combat, thus why he had this one custom made.

|OPTIONAL|
Birthday: March 19, 377 AO
Hobbies: Roland likes to collect swords. Whether from a pawn shop or from fallen foes, he keeps an entire room in the Northern Temple full of swords at all times.
Quirks: Roland has a strange impulse to chew on things when he’s nervous. Often, in order to keep up appearances, he’ll just bite his own tongue to hide his nerves, leading to an interesting accident where he was hit in the chin and actually bit a hole into his tongue. The scar is still there.
Family: Parents: King Garret and Queen Josephine
Wife: Queen Angelica

Daughter: Princess Adelaide
Character Theme:

|APPEARANCE|
Hair: His hair is white, most likely due to the devastation of the loss of his wife. He keeps it cut short and messy. It doesn’t help that Adelaide like to affectionately mess it up every time she sees him.
Eyes: His eyes are chocolate brown. They used to sparkle with hope all the time. Now that hope is only found when Adelaide is close by.
Height: 6’ 5”
Clothes: He dresses in traditional robes of the Air Nomads. He always liked seeing them in old paintings, and took the style on himself. He wears baggy pants and a long but loose shirt, with a waist length cloak draped over his shoulders at all times.
Skin: Roland’s skin is smooth and regal. He has multiple scars on his face, which add to his regal figure. He is pale, though, from a lot of time spent indoors in recent years.
Body Type: Despite his age, Roland is strong and very muscular. He trains in swordplay every day and strives to keep his body fit.
Image: Just pretend he has tattoos, okay?
Spoiler:

|CHARACTERISTICS|
Personality: Roland is the strong quiet type. Many people admire him because what he lacks in words, he makes up for in actions. The few words he says are inspirational and well thought out. He rarely speaks without carefully calculating just the right thing to say.

Roland is a natural leader. Not only does he possess a commanding figure, but he always has a fierce determination to get things done and to protect the people he loves and the people who are relying on him to be their savior and protector.

Personal Strengths: Swordplay, Negotiation, telling stories, inspiring people, public speaking
Personal Weaknesses: Reminders of his wife, any chance Adelaide could be hurt, staff fighting, hand to hand combat
Hamartia: When he cares about someone, they become the most important things to him, and he finds it incredibly difficult to let anything go.
Personal Hero: His father. Even in childhood, all Roland wanted to do was be the king is father was. Many people who knew his father can see many of the same behaviors between the two kings.
Dreams and Ambitions: To keep Adelaide safe from harm at all costs.

Dislikes: Danger, death, failure, history, falling

Brief History: Roland walked into the cozy sitting room to find his wife, Queen Angelica, humming while crocheting a blanket. She bumped the ball of yarn off of her lap, sending it rolling across the floor. As she struggled to stand, Roland hurried over and grabbed the yarn himself. “Take it easy, honey. I don’t want you two to get hurt.”

“I’m fine, Roley,” she responded with a huff, and stood up anyway. “Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I can’t walk anymore.”

“That baby’s due any day now. I just don’t want you pushing yourself too hard.”

“I told you, I’m fine. Besides, we’re still a few weeks out from the date the healer set. Now come on, it’s a beautiful spring day. Let’s go for a flight.” She looped her arm through his and gestured for him to go.

“I’m still not so sure about this.” He bent over and picked her up in his arms, causing them both to giggle. “I think this is much better.”

“Oh, now who’s putting the baby in danger, huh?” She laughed, crossing her arms. Roland let out a deep, hearty laugh, and carried her out to the balcony.

“Kaze!” He yelled in a deep, resonant voice. A roar was heard in response, and within moments, the bison was waiting for the couple at the balcony. Roland gently set Angelica down in the saddle, then climbed in beside her, letting Kaze fly on his own. He knew where to go.

They landed in a garden way up above the Western Air Temple, where they resided at the time. It was late enough in the spring that everything was in full bloom. The air smelled sweet. As Roland helped Angelica out of the saddle, she took a deep breath, then sighed. “I’ve always loved the gardens of the Western Temple.”

“Well, it is where I proposed to you two years ago,” Roland returned, “so yeah, I think it holds some nice memories.”

The couple sat amongst the flowers. Roland rested his hand on Angelica’s stomach, just in time to feel the baby kick. “Well, it’s certainly a strong one.”

“Calling our baby ‘it’ doesn’t feel right. What do you think? Boy or girl?”

“Hm...I’m not really sure. Which would you want more?”

“I’d like a girl. She’d love these flowers just as much as I do.”

“Hey, boys can like flowers too!”

Angelica laughed. “I’m just teasing, you know. So, say she’s a girl. What would we name her?”

“I can think of all sorts of names. I made a list.” Angelica laughed again, and Roland turned red as he fished the paper from his pocket. “Let’s see. There’s Be-”

“Stop. I don’t need you to read the entire list. What’s the...hm, let’s go with...eighth name down?”

“Eighth?” He counted. “Adelaide.”

“Then we’ll name her Adelaide. We can call her Addie, for short.” She caressed her stomach slowly. “We’ll be seeing you soon, little Addie,” she whispered. “Roland, I’m getting tired. Why don’t we head back?”

“Now? But we just got...here…?” He looked at his wife’s face. She appeared more pale than usual. “Okay, we’ll go back. Then I’m getting the healer.”

“Don’t bother with that, I’m just a little tired.” Roland scooped her up into his arms and jumped into the saddle. “Kaze, back to the balcony. Quickly!”

“I really think you’re making a bigger deal out of this than you need to.” Sweat was beading on her forehead, and she began breathing heavily.

As they walked back into the sitting room, Roland told a servant to fetch the healer, who was there within minutes. By this time, Angelica was lying on the couch, breathing heavily and sweating like crazy. “This doesn’t look right…”

Roland waited out in the hallway, biting in his cape collar as he anxiously waited. The healer and her assistant were working frantically to take care of Angelica. The assistant came to the door. “Forgive me, your highness,” he said with a slight bow, “but...you need to see this.” Roland rushed into the room.

The healer and assistant traded places so she could talk to Roland. “Well, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but she’s just gone into labor. Now, before you get excited, I’m afraid that Angelica’s heart is going crazy right now. Her body is putting all its energy into this baby. I don’t think she’s going to make it, but I will do everything I can to save the child.”

If Roland were a different man, he might have lashed out at the woman for not trying harder to save his wife. As it was, he was angry, but knew that the healer was an expert at her craft. If she could not save Angelica, then there was nothing to be done.

The funeral was the next morning, as was the naming of the new Princess, Crown Princess Adelaide.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Roland, King of the Air Nomads   Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am

Approved!
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Yukina
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Yukina

PostSubject: Re: Roland, King of the Air Nomads   Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

My TEARS. TT TT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roland, King of the Air Nomads   Roland, King of the Air Nomads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roland, King of the Air Nomads
Page 1 of 1