Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_vote_lcapDarker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_voting_barDarker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_vote_lcapDarker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_voting_barDarker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) Empty
PostSubject: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 am

The bar buzzed with excitement, something spectacular had happened outside like a firework show of some sort. It had the normal bar patrons going crazy over the different colors that shown through the dark night sky. The bartender had been by twice to ask if Daisuke needed any more coffee, but was shooed away quickly. I just want to relax Daisuke thought as he swirled the now cold coffee in his cup. That last mission...

The bar had been picked at random, the third one on the right of the main through-fare, and was lucky enough to have a seat in the back corner where Dai could hide in the darkness of the shadows. He left just enough light for the bartender to know he was still there, but blended into the blackness around him. His purple streaks sticking out against the dark black pane behind him.

The boy was just nine years old. Great Lord The Great Lord Kouzco what are you doing? Had the boy been old enough to understand what he was doing, maybe he wouldn't have been there. And Dai wouldn't have this sickening feeling in his gut for not getting to him fast enough. Dai was a skilled dark bender, sure. Just not fast enough the one time it counted. Why couldn't I have gotten there sooner? Daisuke wondered as he tried to focus on the swirling black liquid. "Brother forgive me, I have failed you this once." Daisuke spoke as he shot back the rest of the coffee and glanced around the bar once more.
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm

"Hell on a stick, these people need to move or I will forcibly move them myself." Bo mumbled shoving past several men, women, and children in the streets. He wasn't in the mood to be messed with. Earlier that day, Bo helped an elderly women retrieve her pet turtle duck from some random clearing in a forest. 'How the hell does your pet turtle duck even get that far out there?' Bo thought to himself. He was tired and in need of a drink. Alcohol or coffee. He entered a nearby bar.

As soon as Bo entered the shop, he noticed a dark figure in the corner. "Wow, they sure know how to liven up a room." Bo stated sarcastically. "Hey kid, lighten up." Bo couldn't tell if the person heard him or not. He didn't care. Bo walked up to the bar and ordered coffee spiked with rum. It didn't taste good but it did the trick. Especially after the odd day he just had.

Something was off about that mysterious person. The shadows around were... Different. Bo had sensed a peculiar power from the person. He didn't know what it was exactly, he just knew.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Daisuke looked up at the man who walked in. He guessed him to be around his twenty's, maybe a little older like Daisuke. It was hard to tell at first, with which the height difference didnt help. The man seemed to be as uninterested of the fireworks display as Dai was. Dai tried to ignore the man and focus back on relaxing and getting the boy's face out of his head. The boy had been screaming for Dai to help him when the arrow struck, down deep in the boy's chest, much too far for any medic around to heal and far to dangerous to remove without instantly killing the boy. Dai had no choice but to sit with him and wait. Wait those precious moments before the boy took his last breath while he lay in Dai's arms.

Daisuke had changed, got a shower, cleaned up before heading out for the night. He couldn't stand to look at all of the boy's life source sprayed across his clothes, arms and hands. Looking down now, he could still see bits that had found their way into the cracks in the skin of his hands. "Hey kid, lighten up." The man called toward Daisuke, and it was like all of his rage let go at once.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A LITTLE KID! I'M A TWENTY-SIX YEAR OLD MAN. YOU SIR ARE THE CHILD TOO SMALL TO BE SEEN BY A RAT, YOU LITTLE....." before Dai could finish his statement, the Bartender slide over a shot that landed perfectly in Dai's outstretched hand on the bar.

"Here, Mouse, almost forgot about your order. Take it and calm down." The bartender said as Dai looked down at the glass. It was a double shot of an Everclear and Burbon. Something Dai had never thought of ordering before, as he normally highly frowned on drinking. However, today of all days, Dai needed the drink. He shot it back like he had the coffee earlier and looked back at the man.

"Sorry, guess I let my temper get to me. It's been a rough day." He said as he sat back down, the dark shadows fading slowly until they disappeared over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:38 pm

A rough day. That was one thing both Bo and the guy could relate on. "I had quite the 'rough day' myself." Bo glanced over at the guy. He was clearly upset. Nothing could hide that from Bo, not even the shadows around them. Bo sat down and looked at his hands, trying to remove the thoughts and curiosity from his mind.

The fireworks outside kept booming. The sky outside was now filled with smoke. Bo never liked fireworks. When he was young, these hoodlums had stolen a bunch of fireworks and would always shoot them off at Bo whenever they saw him. The thought was interrupted by a continuous boom. The finale. Then as soon as it started, it stopped. Thank the spirits.

Soon after, more and more people began to fill the bar. They all came in shouting, laughing, and making a tremendous amount of noise. Bo looked around and then to his right. The man still appeared to be upset, even more so than before. "Ok kid, spill it, what's wrong?" Bo asked. "Oh, and hey. My name is Bo."
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Daisuke looked over at the man. Should I tell him about the intel I have to tell the Lord Kouzai about? Or should I just grab another coffee and leave it be? he wondered as he looked the man over. There didn't seem to be much of a treat for telling him what was bothering Dai. "I had to watch a nine year old boy die because I couldn't get there in time. Lovely story, aint it." Daisuke replied as he ordered another extremely dark coffee, as caffeinated as possible, from the bartender. "My name is Daisuke Mouse, although most either call me Mousy or Dai. I prefer Mousy."

"Dai's been one of our regulars for a while now. He just tries to act like he picks this place at random." The bartender spoke up as he brought Dai his coffee. "Although this is the most talking I've seen the man do."

"Thanks, but seriously, I just pick the bars as I come into town. I dont really focus on which one. Or the fact that this one has the most dark seating, or that you have a great cup of joe sitting here all the time." Dai replied before sipping his coffee. "Damned coffee, once you start drinking it, you wont ever stop."

(Sorry its short. couldn't think of anything else.)
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:59 pm

"That's rough buddy." Bo spoke softly. Watching a kid die will f*ck you up, that's for sure. A couple years back, while Bo was traveling, he came across a small village of people. One night the village was overrun by a bunch of thieves and low lives. A powerful earth bender took a giant boulder and smashed a house. There was a small family living and sleeping inside at the time. That was the first time Bo had ever killed someone that didn't attack him. After the boulder smashed, Bo created a sword from the darkness and sliced the man's head clean off. Now there's something Bo drank to forget.

The memory made Bo shudder. It wasn't pleasant. Dai was right, this coffee was addicting. Of course, Bo's was spiked with rum. Bo had nothing else planned for that night so he could relax and enjoy the time to himself. He still wanted to know how the boy died. If he asked, he might bring Dai to tears, so in the end he never asked.

Caught up in his thoughts, Bo stared blankly at the wall. he snapped from his thoughts when a drunk lady smacked into Bo, making him spill the rest of his coffee. He felt like he was going to cry. The spiked coffee dribbled its way down from the bar's ledge and onto Bo's lap. "God dammit!" Bo shouted as he stood up from the bar. Facing Dai, Bo spoke, "Hey kiddo, I'm gonna call it a night. I have some client who needs my help tomorrow. I'm probably going to have breakfast at that weird restaurant down the road at the crack of dawn. You should meet me there." Bo finished his invite and slammed the money he owed on the bar and left the bar heading towards the inn he was lodged at.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Dai watched the water moving in the cup again, his mind drifting as the swirling water plunged down into itself, spinning with the mindless stirring of the spoon in his hand. He could sense the understanding that Bo had for him and his troubles currently. His mind drifted to his brother, had this truly been what his brother wanted for him? Dai wasn't sure. It wasn't until the lady, a robust woman with a larger figure than usually preferred, bumped into Bo's shoulder and splashed the hot coffee everywhere. Bo's startled exclamation brought Dai back to the current moment, his eyes flashing straight to the woman as she started to tumble back to Bo.

Daisuke moved quickly, sending up a barrier to stop her from falling and guiding her to an empty seat. "Maybe she'll make it home in one piece." He muttered as Bo stood to leave. "I do not see the issue with being your company tomorrow morning, as you have been mine tonight. Thank you, I will do my best to meet you there."
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Bo was heading to an inn on the outskirts of the town. It was old and run down, but that meant it didn't cost much. At the time, Bo didn't have too much money to spend leisurely. The coffee stained shirt was freezing cold whenever it brushed against his skin. Leaves crunched under every step Bo took. He wondered what Dai will be like in the morning, hopefully less stressed and more open to talk.

There were a lot of people walked the lit up streets. This was the busiest Bo has ever seen this town. The fireworks earlier must've made everyone happier and active. Usually at this time during the night, most people would be sleeping, anyone else is either a con-artist or looking for trouble. Finally, Bo arrived at the inn. A small lantern hung over the front door. As he entered, the old inn keeper welcomed him back. He trudged to his room and took off his coffee-soaked shirt. He searched through his bag to find a wool sweater which bore a few holes. Bo fell onto his bed, face first and fell asleep quickly.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Daisuke eventually left the bar, though he had hoped to leave prior to the bar closing, he had heard the bartender give the final drinks warning. Had he really stayed out that late? Didn't truly matter, he wasn't headed anywhere in a particular rush. The offer Bo had left him weighed down on him. He had a chance to do something different. Get out and talk to someone. He just hoped that the morning would be kind to him, as speaking wasn't Dai's strong suit.

Dai made his way to his inn, a worried look came from the inn keeper as he paid once again for a single night and was given a brand new room. He was sure the inn keeper would begin to recognize his face, and hoped he wouldn't find any reason to kick Dai out in the middle of the night. He hadn't chosen the first or last inn of the row, like he normally would. Instead he went for dead center, because at that moment he didn't care of if he was seen. He was off duty and away from the Empire's control. For the moment.

As Daisuke laid down to rest, he couldn't help but think of what was to come for him. He let him mind wonder as he closed his eyes. He almost couldn't believe it when a few seconds later the inn keeper was banging on the door for his wake up call. Was it 7am already? Had the sun began to rise? Was he late to meet Bo???

Daisuke jumped out of bed, changed into new clothes, and darted out to the restaurant Bo had mentioned that night. He didn't know if Bo would be there already, or if he had missed his chance, but he wasn't going to make the man wait any longer.
Back to top Go down
Deej
Elite Apprentice
Elite Apprentice
Deej

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Nightmares woke Bo up and kept him up later than he had hoped. He couldn’t sleep with such a burden pressing down on him. He opened a window to his room. Moonlight poured in. The light formed a small circle on the wooden floor, where Bo sat down, crossed legged and began to meditate. His breath slowed down, eyes sealed shut to block the light. This was his only way of resting without actually going to sleep and being plagued by the monsters in his head.

A few hours passed by when Bo finally opened his eyes. Shadowy tendrils filled the room without Bo's knowledge. That happened sometimes when he would be stressed and started meditating. He would begin to bend without actually realizing it. Shaking his head, the tendrils poofed into nothingness. The dawn sky glimmered peacefully.

Bo changed out of his wool sweater and put on a different shirt that wasn’t stained. By approximation Bo could tell that it was only six in the morning. With the extra time on his hands, Bo tidied up his room, even though there were people hired to do that. Bo packed his bags and left his room.

The early morning sun melted any frost that lied on the grass. Birds began their daily routine, merchants were busy setting up their stores for the day. The early morning was Bo's favorite time. While he was awake and ready to take on the day, the rest of the population was still trying to get up. Bo saw the restaurant that he had told Daisuke to meet him at. Bo entered. He was an hour early, he knew that, but it was nice sitting in solitude. Not complete solitude as there were several other people sitting with each other and quietly talking amongst themselves. And there were several waiters. Bo ordered a cup of coffee and sat in a small booth by a large window, waiting patiently for Daisuke's arrival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)   Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darker than Coffee (Dances With Derp and Bailey)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next