Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_vote_lcapSeishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_voting_barSeishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_vote_lcapSeishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_voting_barSeishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seishi
Novice
Novice
Seishi

Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) Empty
PostSubject: Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi)   Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:26 pm

|BASICS|
Name: Seishi (Unknown last name ~~ will describe in history.)
Nickname/Alias: Nikkoyoku Toko (lit. Sunbath Man or Sunbather)
Birthplace: On an island near the Shadow Shrine.
Current Residence: Vermillion Dragon Empire. Seishi’s travels are often directed by the spirits. One can usually find him at the Fire Shrine or the Vermillion Dragon Empire Avatar Temple.
Elements: Dark, Fire

Weapons: Although Seishi is without any personalized weapons, or physically tangible weapons at all, he’s quite adept with the weapons forged from his bending abilities. His favorite weapons are blades of varying lengths (generally swords and daggers), bows, and projectiles. Due to their spiritual, or otherwise intangible, nature, they are formless shadows, that mimic weapons he’s seen or imagined. They’re often much lighter than their physical counterparts, which is why he favors blades to blunt objects, as their weight is not as efficient for bludgeoning.

|OPTIONAL|
Birthday: Spring Equinox (~March 20th)
Blood type: O+
Hobbies: Praying. Practicing (bending, martial arts, weapon usage). Meditating. Playing with Shizu.  
Quirks: Seishi does not speak often. Although he’s not mute, many people who don’t know him or only briefly interact with him will surely think he is. His voice is quite soft and very fragile, though he has a soothing, light, lyric tenor voice that will rarely be heard, unless lulling his companion to sleep.
Family: Due to the nature of his profession, his family is unknown to him.
Character Theme: Dmitri Shostakovich - String Quartet No. 15 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnFrQ331bg

|APPEARANCE|
Hair: Seishi’s obsidian hair dazzles those who are lucky enough to catch a glimpse of it, as it’s neatly tucked away under his monastic cloak. When visible, it’s generally kept at a medium length, bangs grazing his left eye brow with small tidal waves rippling across the sullen black mass. The natural sheen of his impressive mane gracefully absorbs the sunlight and beautifully reflects the moonlight, offering a sense of silent serenity to those around him.
Eyes: His eyes are quiet and somewhat unnoticeable, though they can be quite enthralling when seen together with his majestic hairdo, as they are two pieces of an obsidian diamond (the hair being the more valuable and enamoring piece). His eyes are full of grief and serenity, almost embodying a cycle of despair and hope, rivaling his saddened demeanor.
Height: Seishi is fairly tall, standing at about five foot ten, allowing him to blend in with those around him without being dwarfed by the majority of the people he encounters.
Clothes: His garments match his eyes and hair, providing a trifecta of bleakness. The black garments are much less captivating than either parts of his body, as they are worn out and faded, much closer to matte black than the dazzling obsidian beauty that encompasses the top of his head and beams from within his heavily tanned face. His adornment resembles a one piece cloak, traversing the span of his figure, ending with a hood that is perched peacefully above his head. His belt is a brilliant crimson color, mirroring the iris of his bestial brother, Shizu. His slippers are quite humble, brown in color and held together by a thin rope-like ribbon, offering the general appearance of a monastic scholar.  
Skin: Seishi’s skin is often described as a light shade of mahogany, tightly wrapped around his muscular structure. He has no wrinkles and soft skin, due to his hygienic nature.
Body Type: His frame is quite average, though he boasts a set of broad shoulders, and somewhat large pectoral muscles. His arms fit his body and are not overbearing by any means, though they are modestly muscular, as are his legs.
Image: N/A

|CHARACTERISTICS|
Personality: Seishi’s personality meagerly fits his desolate appearance. To many, he can come across as quite boring and flat, as he is neither emotional nor expressive. He woefully disdains speaking when unnecessary, much preferring the sound of silence and the company of darkness and solitude to that of company and noise. He abhors worldliness and voyeurism, spending most of his time praying, meditating, and practicing. He feels most at home when he’s with the spirits, or in their earthly homes (temples), as opposed to on the streets, in public forums, taverns, etc. His demeanor is quiet and calm, and he is slow to anger, though once enraged or finds himself deeply passionate about something, he often over indulges his carnal self finding it hard to disconnect from whatever the stimuli may have been.

Personal Strengths: Praying. Reading. Bending. Marksmanship. Martial Arts.
Personal Weaknesses: Pessimistic to the point of masochism. Endangerment of his friends (though he has few). Once deeply involved, it’s hard to disconnect. Talking in general. Deep sense of responsibility. Cannot swim well. Sometimes buckles under pressure. Mildly lactose intolerant (causes queasiness and nausea).
Hamartia: Seishi has difficulty creating any lasting friendships or bonds.
Personal Hero: The Dragon of the West (General Iroh).
Dreams and Ambitions: Seishi’s one and only dream is to please the spirits to the highest extent. Everything he does, he does for them. In order to do so, he prays and trains arduously, trying to perfect his combat forms, his mental strength, and overall endurance.

Dislikes: People. The Undevout. Failure. Noise.  

Brief History:

Hollow. Empty. Alone.

Not much is known about Seishi’s past, as it is clouded in darkness, much like his homeland. His exact birthplace is often speculated, even by himself and those who raised him, as he was found in a handwoven basket outside a shrine to the Shadow Spirit. A small, nomadic, monastic  community embraced him and raised Seishi as one of their own. From a young age, the boy showed promise and determination, though he rarely spoke outside of public prayers. At the age of five, he found himself learning various forms of martial arts, not for the purpose of self defense, but in order to enhance his relationship with his body and the spirits that gave him life and the ability to continue to live. He practiced for many hours, daily, mastering forms as quickly as they were introduced, though his social life suffered greatly.

One day, shortly after his ninth birthday, he found himself in the company of a girl named Mina. She was beautiful for her age, a couple years more mature (at least physically), and quite boisterous. At first, the two payed little attention to one another, though they each took an extreme fascination in each other as the months drifted onwards.

”All this wasted time…” She said solemnly, gazing into Seishi’s obsidian stare. He nodded, chuckled, and blushed before responding to her retort.

”I’ve never had a friend before”

”And I have too many, but hey, I’ve got room for one more!”

Perhaps what drew them together was their opposite personalities. Seishi, a young boy, without friends who incredibly devout and mature for a boy his age. Mina, a joyous beautiful girl, born to two water benders that refused to uproot their family and were gifted with the ability to stay as long as they cooperated with those in the community. Whatever it was, they were inseparable.

Years passed, Seishi turned 13 and had been bending the darkness for a couple years now. Mina often teased him about this, saying that the darkness chose him due to their love of silence, as she, much like her parents, preferred to play with the torrents that surrounded the island. They often sparred with one another, allowing each other to test out their most novel techniques, enhancing their learning experience. Mina always bested him. Or perhaps, Seishi always allowed her to win. No matter the semantics, they always laughed together, and Seishi always found himself striving to beat her, until one day it was all taken away from him.

He woke up in the middle of the night, and she was gone. His only friend, his only companion, deserted him.

”Where did she go?!” He demanded, beckoning with his elders who could surrender the answer he so desperately desired to find. Her family was called upon to serve in the militia of the Northern Water Tribe, though they told no one, leaving discretely. Overwhelmed by grief, Seishi blacked out.

When he rose from his slumber, the darkness that surrounded him permanently altered his mind. He found himself many miles away from his village, alone in a cave surrounded by sixteen crimson eyes, many pairs of teeth, and ominous screeches. Trembling he stepped back, pressed his body firmly against the wall, and began to pray. The beasts leapt upon him, like lions to a helpless gazelle, he raised his arms to defend himself, and moments later, silence consumed his senses yet again. The events that transpired remained fuzzy in his memory, as his mind scarcely allows him to access these figments of his brain’s storage. But what he does remember is being drawn towards a small body which twitched as it wept quietly. This was the day he lost his best friend Mina, and gained his brother Shizukesa, a baby wolf bat that grew up to be Seishi’s only true companion.

Seishi took this as a sign. He brought his companion back to his village, and passed out yet again, not realizing that his arms resembled a hornets nest, honeycombed and crimson, as blood dripped like honey from his body. Thankfully, those around him were able to nurse him back to health, though his psyche had been fractured for good.

He resumed his daily routines, praying, practicing, and playing with his new friend, though he grew quieter and quieter, until the villagers thought he’d lost his voice completely. At the age of 18, Seishi left his village, claiming he wanted to grow closer with the other Fire Spirits, found on the mainland, in an attempt to master his fire bending. Since then, he remains traversing between the temples of Vermillion Empire, humbling himself, divorcing his earthly mentality from his body, attempting to achieve perfect attainment with the spirits that guide him.

(Sorry, I got tired and ended up getting lazy! But basically, she left him and he gained Shizu, so he decided never to chase her as she was taken away from him for a reason (so he could raise and take care of Shizu). Due to his loss, and his feelings of inadequacy as she left, and the sudden gift of his pet, he decided to dedicate his lives entirely to the spirits, as life was fickle like fortune, and he believed/still believes emotions were/are anchors tying us to humanity and weakness.)

Shizukesa:
Nickname: Shizu
Species: Giant Wolfbat
Appearance: Shizu is quite an interesting specimen, looking much more wolflike than bat-like, unlike most of his species. He’s quite slender and lengthy, spanning about 8 feet from head-to-toe, with an equivalent wingspan. His coat is quite dark, border lining black, though with closer observation, one would notice his fur is actually grey. His underbelly is snow-white, matching his sclera, fiercely juxtaposing his crimson iris and magenta pupil. His triangular snout is the home to a ferocious set of teeth, lined up neatly in two rows, four incisors permanently resting outside the creatures snout. His wings are strong enough to sustain flight for himself and two passengers, though Seishi usually travels alone. Shizu is inclined to walk on all fours, though is capable of standing on his hind legs for short periods of time. This is generally seen as a scare tactic or defensive maneuver. Although initially menacing, once one gets to know the demonic looking canine, they will soon come to see that he is much more peaceful than most other beastly companions.
(Not trying to steal the image at all, but this picture comes close to what I was imagining for Shizu Smile http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bat-Wolf-Design-Sketch-408516934) — All credit goes to Katy Lipcomb (@Lucky978 on devianart).
Personality:Shizu’s personality mirrors that of his human companion. He’s fiercely loyal, almost to a fault, and equally quiet. He enjoys tranquility and solitude, although prefers to be at the side of his best friend, Seishi. The relationship shared between the two transcends that of master and servant, or even companionship, as their camaraderie rivals that of brothers. Shizu is not easily distracted, nor is he gullible. Once aggravated or frustrated, his emotions generally tend to get the better of him, though his fuse is longer than his body (which is quite long for a wolf bat). He is very polite and amiable, though does not trust people easily. Shizu is not one for battle, though when involved he’s deadly, determined, and devastatingly quick preferring precision over brute force. Together, Seishi and Shizu (Shi-Shi for short) are a team to be reckoned with, willing to die for one another rather than living without each other.
Background: Check Seishi’s history.

If you’d like me to make a separate application for Shizu, I will Smile. Just thought I’d combine it here. Thank you for your time!
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi)   Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:21 pm

It's more detail than most new users show, unless they've been RPing or writing a while. Very good Smile approved! Which is special because I don't approve often XD
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com

Seishi + Shizu (Shi-Shi)
Page 1 of 1