Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Tamura Chinjuyu 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Tamura Chinjuyu I_vote_lcapTamura Chinjuyu I_voting_barTamura Chinjuyu I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Tamura Chinjuyu I_vote_lcapTamura Chinjuyu I_voting_barTamura Chinjuyu I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Tamura Chinjuyu

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Tamura Chinjuyu Empty
PostSubject: Tamura Chinjuyu   Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:00 am

Spoiler:

|BASICS|
    Name: Tamura Chinjuyu

Birthplace: Northern Air Temple

Current Residence: wanderer

Occupation: she’ll pick up whatever jobs which seem to suit her skills (mostly bounty hunting and freelance assassinations, that kind of charming stuff).

Element: Air

Pets: Sir Von Badasstein (see his profile for more info on that fearsome bundle of furry awesome).

Weapons: -Box O’ Fun
                           -Lady Slice and Lady Cut

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: 11th February 708YAFO

Blood type: A-

Hobbies:

Dancing: Girl got some moves. Tamura’s loved dancing for about as long as she can remember. As a matter of fact it was one of the only things (if not the only thing) which she and her mother could ever do together without their interaction collapsing into a verbal joust.

Singing: Tamura has a remarkably pleasant singing voice which her mother would say was going to waste bawling bawdy drinking songs in taverns (then again her mother doesn’t know what the heck Tamura’s up to so I guess what she doesn’t know can’t hurt her).

Drinking: With a pint in her hand she’s the life of the party. From ales, stouts and lagers to strong spirits Tamura will gobble up what you put in front of her. She’s developed one hell of a resistance to alcohol but that doesn’t stop her getting drunk when she feels like it (it just takes dedication and money). Of course with her temper cheerful drinking can turn into a fistfight fairly easily. But whether it be amicable imbibing of alcohol or the rowdy rearranging of faces by way of fists Tamura loves a good bit of drunken fun.

Smoking: A bad habit she’s inherited from her dad. She possesses an intricately carved long pipe that she likes to take a few pulls from every now and then. Smoking is one of the things that help her calm down and focus.

Fighting: Yeah she’s a bit messed up. She doesn’t really enjoy the killing, but she does enjoy the fighting. The struggle. When two sides pit everything they have against one another. She loves the adrenaline rush and the excitement. She loves the sound of steel on steel, the smell of fear, rage and panic. The sensation off flirting with death. You could say she’s a fight junky, and you wouldn’t really be wrong. But she’s not a death junkie, the moment of the kill doesn’t bring her any particular pleasure, but she has learned to detach herself form the killing, adopting her father’s philosophy that it is okay to bury what you feel about the kill so long as you neither enjoy it nor do it lightly.

Quirks: While most people tend to rub their chin when in thought Tamura has developed a habit of scratching or rubbing the lower section of the large T-shaped scar over her right eye when lost in thoughts.

When embarrassed or flushed she has a tendency to toy with the two steel hairpins stuck in her ponytail. They probably exist solely for that purpose because they sure as hell don’t help tame her hair.

She has named all her swords, and she often refers to them as though they were living people. Of course she doesn’t actually believe they’re alive, but she finds it amusing, and she likes to name things, even if she can’t seem to name anything with any seriousness. This extends to people and she always gives nicknames, so you better pray you don’t meet her when she’s drunk, otherwise the likelihood of you being given a really idiotic nickname is high.

Family: Her father Xen Kao Chinjuyu(aged 57), an Earth Kingdom bodyguard. Her mother Qian Shao(aged 48), a skilled Air bender of the Air nomads. Her half-sister Zhia Shao(aged 17), an Air bending student living among the Air nomads (whom Tamura knows nothing about).

Character Themes: No Rest For The Wicked-Cage The Elephant
                                       Rester Libre-Johnny Hallyday

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: Her black hair is somewhat insane. Straight, it has a tendency to stay in thick, messy bangs giving it a wild look when untied. Tamura has embraced her hair’s chaotic nature, and all she does to tame it is tying it in a chaotically (and naturally) spiky ponytail. Even if she wanted to change how she ties it she couldn’t; her hair doesn’t like being restrained in any other way than a ponytail. Two thick triangular bangs frame her face at most times. When let down her hair reaches down to her upper mid-back. She has two steel hairpins stuck in her ponytail but they don’t really serve any real purpose, but they do have emotional value.

Eyes: Slightly downturned and yellow. Her one visible eye sparkles with playful mischief. However that spark gets drowned out by a demented reddish gleam when she loses it, either due to anger or battle fury. Her right eye was lost in battle, her punishment for a moment of inattention.

Height: 5’7’’

Clothes: Tamura’s outfit is a mix of cloth, armour and protective bindings which offers some protection from physical harm while remaining light and sparse enough to give her near-complete freedom of movement.

The armour is a dark shade of crimson and covers her forearms, hands, shins, feet, stomach, waist and left shoulder. The plating is made of very thin layers of metal, ideal to repel attacks from light blows, but not designed to sustain direct hits from heavy weapons. Her shoulder plate has been replaced a few times due to severe battle damage and her current pauldron is ornate and crafted to be in the shape of a snarling dragon. When out of battle she tends to simply hang the shoulder plate from her belt.

The cloth is a slightly personalised light green short-sleeved kimono with a yellow rim, worn under her stomach armour plate. Tamura keeps the garment off of her shoulders, letting it hang from her elbows. The kimono’s lower half is split down the sides so that her legs can slide clear of the garment when necessary. A simple tunic under the kimono serves as an undergarment, covering her breasts, chest and upper thighs, with its lower half open at the sides similarly to the kimono. The black protective wraps are tightly woven around her hands, wrists, forearms, shins, knees and lower thighs. The straps continue up her limbs in progressively looser circles. Around her waist is a simple leather belt from which her two long katanas hang.

The conical straw hat she likes to wear to ward off the sun and the rain drops down past her eyes, and it has several slots at its front for her to see through. A dark brown leather eye patch covers her useless right eye. When the weather gets too cold for her she dons a long brown travelling cloak clasped at the throat, complete with a fur rimmed collar and hood.

Skin: Her skin is fairly smooth, lightly tanned due to much time spent on the road. She has a small collection of scars which she is oddly proud of, in addition to the more prominent T-shaped scar over her right eye (which she is also oddly proud of) and the short horizontal scar crossing over the bridge of her nose and a similar one on her left cheek, under her eye. She has a birth mark just underneath her left breast, a permanently pale patch of skin with no particular shape.

Body Type: Well she’s got a pretty your average, lean build (earning your living as a fighter will do that to you). In a way she’s not a great classic beauty, but she does have a rather feral appeal to her. Additionally her smile light up her face, softening her features and considerably increasing her beauty. And some rather nicely developed breasts (because badasses have boobies. a well known fact).

Image:
    Spoiler:

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality: Tamura has always had trouble following authority figures. Her rebellion against her mother and the Air nomad ways coloured much of her childhood. Even when she was travelling with her father she rarely followed his orders to the letter, but Xen Kao gave her more freedom than Qian ever did, and as such she was less inclined to rebel against him. In a way you could say the more you try to restrain her the more she’ll struggle.

In general she’s a very cheerful and energetic individual. She hates standing around doing nothing, in other words she has some serious patience issues. When she’s not too busy being mad at something or someone she can actually be quite charming. She loves to brag about her exploits and to hear others do the same, and by that same token she doesn’t much appreciate people who stay quiet. In a way she doesn’t like long silences unless she’s comfortable around whoever’s keeping her company (which is rare), and as such if she’s in the company quiet people she’ll just keep talking. This can get very annoying, especially when you’re trying to think. If she feels in the mood for some non-violent fun she can turn into quite the seductress, and she takes mischievous pleasure in flustering people (especially the introverts).

She has always had trouble controlling her temper. This doesn’t mean every single little annoyance will send her off into a murderous rage, but it does mean that it takes quite a bit less than most people to push her over the edge. What’s most shocking about her anger is how suddenly it comes about. When she does go over said edge she’ll vent out her anger violently either verbally or physically (usually physically unless she cares about whoever she’s mad at), but as soon as the anger passes she doesn’t hold onto her resentment, she lets it go.

Girly (in its conventional form) is definitely not a word that applies to Tamura Chinjuyu. She doesn’t take care to appear feminine and graceful and she certainly does not like to gossip with other women. She’s much more at ease in a bar brawl than in a tea shop. That isn’t to say she’s a complete tomboy. She has feelings like anyone else, and she definitely has had her fair share of crushes, love affairs, heartbreaks, disappointments and fears. Just because she doesn’t like to talk about them doesn’t mean they’re not there. She grows attached to and protective of the people she appreciates quickly.

Tamura isn’t dumb, but I certainly wouldn’t call her intelligent, you could say she’s a little slow. She’s aware that she’s not the brightest mind of the millennium, and it doesn’t really bother her. Her instincts and intuitions are absurdly good however, and she’s learned to rely on those rather than active thinking.

Her humour is pretty well developed and she loves laughing nearly as much as she likes drinking (thankfully the two go very well together). Her jibes are often mordant, but she rarely means the insults and teases. It’s one of her ways of showing affection. As far as she’s concerned a real friend tries to make you feel like crap when you’re feeling happy and make you feel happy when you’re feeling like crap.

Personal Strengths:

Master Swordswoman: Initially trained by her father in the art of swordplay she showed a natural skill wielding a blade. She eventually realised he had nothing else to teach her and she left him to travel the world, looking for challenges to hone her skills. Her unusual combat style using many light swords in combination with her air bending is what makes her so dangerous as a fighter.

Skilled Bender: Tamura is no master Air bender. She never completed her education in that regard. Maybe she could have become a master, maybe she couldn’t have. As far as she’s concerned she’ll never know. However despite not being a master she is a highly accomplished Air bender. Her abilities with a blade remain her most developed martial skill but she wouldn’t be half the combatant she is without her bending.

Instinct: She isn’t much of a planner, or much of a thinker. When she actively tries to think she’s usually a little on the slow side. However when she stops trying and just lets her mind do its own thing she is lightning fast. Over time she has learned to trust her instincts and her guts, and that’s mostly how she goes through life. With little to no planning, trusting herself to work it out on the fly, and it usually works out pretty damn well.

Personal Weaknesses:

Volatile Temper: Tamura can go from all cheery and pleasant to a murderous rage in a split second (but not without provocation). Of course in her anger she has done things she came to regret, and she’s always tried to make up for these things.

Reckless: Planning ahead, and generally thinking isn’t really Tamura’s forte. She’s a bit slow when she actually tries to work things out, so she generally lets her remarkable intuition and instinct do the thinking for her. However that lack of planning-ahead means she has often rushed into highly dangerous situations and come out by the skin of her teeth.

Stubbornness: Tamura is very hard headed. Once she gets in a situation (be it an argument or a fight) she won’t back down until she’s satisfied that she’s victorious. In the case of an argument if she’s backed herself into an impossible corner she can get very frustrated very quickly, and with her lack of control over her temper that usually ends in a fistfight.

Hamartia:

Her pride and arrogance (and by association her volatile temper): She believes she is the best at what she does, and until she gets proven otherwise she will continue to hold that assumption and she will continue to fearlessly run into situations, believing herself to be untouchable. It should be noted that she is an exceptional combatant and that she will survive most scraps she gets into, but one day she’ll challenge or offend the wrong person and that day won’t be a fun one for her.

Personal Hero: Von (her pet/travelling companion). He goes around doing what he wants when he wants without giving much of a damn about what she or anyone else thinks, and he’s perfectly content with what little he has, so long as he’s got food in his belly and a warm place to sleep.

Dreams and Ambitions: To have dreams and ambitions.

Likes: Von, singing, fighting, drinking, smoking, boasting(About 5)

Dislikes: Lack of booze, the Air nomad philosophy, the Air Nomad culture, Air Nomads in general, people who try to boss her around, those who try to force their ideas and beliefs down on her, smartasses.(Again, about 5)

Brief History: Tamura was the result of a passionate (and not entirely planned) love affair between her  Earth Kingdom father and Air Nomad mother, which the latter of the two would come to call a mistake. Her father left before Tamura’s mother knew she was with child, and the man never knew he had a daughter until much later in his life.

Xen Kao Chinjuyu was at the Northern Air Temple acting as the bodyguard of an Earth Kingdom envoy to the Air nomads when he met Qian Shao. It wasn’t much of a love at first time situation.  As a matter of fact whether the two of them loved each other or not is discussable. He was a bored, handsome (and skilled) warrior who had the exotic charms foreigners always possess on his side. She was a seventeen years old, impressionable, curious and quite beautiful young woman. Maybe their affair wasn’t fated, but it certainly wasn’t much of a surprise. Whatever the case may be Qian was pregnant with Xen Kao’s child when he left the Western Air temple, and neither of them knew it.

To say Qian was shocked when she learned that she was with child would be quite an understatement. She was pretty distraught. Having a child at the age of seventeen wasn’t really part of the life she’d planned out for herself, but she didn’t have much of a choice anymore, and so Tamura Shao was born.

As a little girl Tamura was quite a handful (no surprises there, she still is). She ran about with the insatiable curiosity of toddlers, and she didn’t have much of a mind for listening to her young mother. Needless to say the little girl got herself in trouble constantly. Qian tried her best, she truly did, but taking care of a baby and keeping up with her studies and her bending training wasn’t easy. Her friends and family tried to help her as best as they could, but few were willing to stay around the bundle of trouble that was Tamura for very long.

When Tamura was four her habit of not listening to her mother didn’t show any sign of abetting, but it did start to extend to other authority figures. At that age it wasn’t really malicious. Her juvenile mind found it amusing, but she did love her mother like any child does. It was only three years later that her distaste for the Air nomads, their ways, their attitudes and their philosophies started to form itself. It wasn’t instantaneous, few things are, but it kept growing stronger.

Her mother strove to teach her as best as she could. Qian passed on teachings about the Air Nomads and their culture, but that always bored her. She was much more interested about other cultures and people. That interest was born from finding out that her dad didn’t live with the Air nomads. Qian would always try to dismiss her questions, and would get worked up when her daughter refused to stray from her line of questioning. Over time her mother’s refusal to answer her questions was the foundation for Tamura’s resentment of the woman and by affiliation the Air Nomads. Tamura never had any real problem with the way the Air nomads decided to view things, until they tried to force their beliefs down on her. That she didn’t like at all.

One thing mother and daughter often did together in which Tamura didn’t constantly try to disobey her parent was air bending. Tamura’s teaching as an air bender started when she was very young along with the other kids her age. Her teacher in official classes was not her mother, but Qian (having just earned her arrow tattoos by the time Tamura started learning air bending) enjoyed helping her daughter learn. It was one of the few times when they actually looked like a normal mother and daughter.

As Tamura grew up and started rejecting Air nomad culture more and more Qian found that bending, dancing and singing were the only two aspects of her culture her daughter was open to, and she always hoped Tamura would come around to the other ways and customs of the Air nomads from practising those three. Meanwhile Tamura began hunting down books and scrolls that didn’t speak about the Air kingdoms or their history. She ended reading a whole lot about surviving in the wilds; mostly because those were the only books most people were willing to give her after Qian passed the word around that Tamura as not to read about foreign cultures (the woman was hoping her daughter would give up).

Tamura didn’t have much trouble making friends. Her energetic and attitude as well as her sense of humour helped quite a bit. Back then her inability to hold her temper wasn’t particularly unusual, after all most kids have trouble doing that. She always liked to move, and classes bored her, but she tried her best.

Most young Air nomads look forwards to choosing their air bison with great trepidation. Tamura didn’t. She’d decided she didn’t much like the air bisons when she was still a young girl, and now she was nearing ten her opinion on them hadn’t changed. The animals reminded her too much of the Air nomad people. And so on the day she was meant to bond with a bison she didn’t. No bison came up to her, and she made no effort to come close to any one of them. When told by her mother to go up to the animals she simply shook her head and left. Qian and Tamura didn’t speak for a long time after that.

Eventually the silence became unbearable to Qian, and she decided to tell the girl about her father, both as a peace offering and because she realised the girl deserved to know something about her sire. Additionally the woman was beginning to realise her daughter was probably never going to embrace the Air nomad ways, no matter what. I was too late.

That night Qian spoke about Xen Kao, what little about him she knew at least. Her tale was coloured by her resentment of the man for leaving her without a second thought, but Tamura had expected it would be. The more she learned about the man, the more she decided she wanted to meet him. The people of the Earth nation sounded a lot more interesting to Tamura than the Air nomads. The girl didn’t say any of that out loud, instead she, for the first time in years, spoke honestly to her mother. She asked for forgiveness for shaming Qian at the ceremony, and her mother was touched to say the least, but a certain tension remained between the two of them.

Time passed (as it has a tendency to do) and Tamura grew. The more years passed the more her skills as an air bender bloomed. She was learning quickly, but at the same time her friends also grew, and she didn’t like them as much anymore. As kids they’d been just that. Kids. But the more they grew up the more the kids turned into Air nomads, and she didn’t like that at all. Soon enough they were starting to try to force their beliefs down on her as well and that went even worse than when the adults had tried it. In her anger she lost control of her air bending and seriously hurt one of her (ex) friends. Tamura was then fourteen.

At once horrified by what she’d done and terrified by what would be done to her she bolted back to her house, gathered some clothes, a little food, some money, a picture of her father Qian had kept (why Qian had kept it, and why she took it away with her Tamura never really found out) and she fled from the Northern air temple. For a many hours she fled, not looking back, not thinking about where she was going, just running.

Eventually she stopped, exhausted. What she’d learned about camping dictated that she should make a fire, and so she did. It was a small pitiful thing which produced more smoke than heat, but it was something. That night was the first of many restless ones she would have to go through.

Few major events happened in her travelling, which surprised her quite a bit. To hear her mother speak about it the world outside the Air temples was deadly, but apart from having to chase away a few animals she didn’t encounter much trouble, except for homesickness (she may not have liked it, but it was still home, and she missed her mother). Her food ran out very fast, and once again her knowledge about survival craft came in handy. When she killed her first animal she felt queasy, but necessity drove her on. She threw up multiple times while skinning and gutting it, but hunger drove her on. Eventually it all paid off when she took her first bite of meat, and her resentment for the Air nomads grew quite a bit. No sentient being who had kept her away from such a delicious dish would ever have her love or respect. The meat also helped her homesickness, filling her belly with warm (ish) food and her heart with hope.

Tamura would later learn that search parties were sent out for her, but they were late as everyone back at the Air temple had assumed she was just hiding in the temple. Eventually, mounted on air bisons they came after her, but she was one young woman alone in the wilderness, and she slipped by them without neither she nor them realising it.

She got to civilisation several days after running away. By then she had decided to look for her dad, and for her there was no looking back. Her first look at non-air nomad civilisation turned out to be a small fishing village, but she didn’t go there. She didn’t need to and a lone girl in a small village would be suspicious. She had a better chance of blending in the crowd where there was a crowd to blend into.

When she got to the first settlement that was large enough for people not to know each other she took her chance and dove in. The hustle and bustle surprised her, and scared her a little, but she steeled herself and sneaked in, avoiding the guards at the entrance by pretending to be part of a group of refugees. Using the picture she’d grabbed in the panic to leave the northern air temple she started asking around about her dad, and it was among the war refugees that she got an answer. An old woman had seen Xen Kao just a few days ago in another town to the southeast.

This series of events repeated itself multiple times over several weeks during which she did her best to survive, and by the time she finally found the man she was looking for she was tired, with a fever, but also toughened by her travelling. She’d had to fight using her air bending multiple times to scare off big animals as well as troublesome looking people. It was by her sheer force of will that she kept going, and when she finally saw her father after she knocked on the door to his room in an inn all she managed to do was smile, say ‘hi dad’ and collapse.

When she came to she had half expected him to have left, but he was there, sitting by her bed, a reasonable distance away, asleep. Content she fell back to sleep. The next time she awoke he was up and about. She was the first to break the uncomfortable silence that was settling into the room. ‘I’m surprised you believed me enough to stay,’ and he smiled at that. He proceeded by explaining he was going to leave her in the care of the inn keeper, until she started muttering the name Qian in her sleep, a name he’d never really forgotten.

Next came the tale of why she was here. She omitted some bits, like how she’d shattered several of one of her (ex) friends’ bones, but her story was told with enough confidence and enough coherence that Xen Kao was willing to believe her, and then he took her in his arms, hugged her and asked for her forgiveness. He understood that she had no wish to return to her mother, and so he decided to take her with him. She’d already proven she could survive on the road despite being a little bit young and he had become quite convinced she was his daughter. He saw a lot of himself in her, namely his eyes and his hair. He wrote a small letter to Qian (something he’d never done before being convinced he had no reasons to write), explaining Tamura was travelling with him and that she needn’t worry. He still had connections in the Earth Kingdom government from his days as a bodyguard who could make sure the letter got to where it was meant to go.

And so begun Tamura’s education at the hands of her father. On their travels he begun to teach her about sword fighting, about nations other than the Air kingdom and about everything and anything else she wanted to know. She was full of questions, and moments of silence were rare between them at first. Eventually her questions thinned out, but by then the two had bonded enough that silences weren’t uncomfortable.

The teenager picked up sword fighting just as quickly as she’d picked up air bending, much to her father’s pride and delight. At first he taught her the basics such as stances and later the two of them would spar with sword-sized wooden staves every day. She progressed rapidly, but initially her style was heavily influenced by her father’s (unsurprisingly). It never truly fit her and she would later realise that she was never really comfortable with it.

Her father mostly took small temporary jobs as a bodyguard for minor nobles in towns they travelled through. He had given up his position as a state bodyguard out of boredom, and Tamura initially didn’t get how this was any less boring than his old job. That is until he was asked to fend off bandits for the first time. A tiny village had been harried by a small group of raiders for a few days and they (the villagers not the raiders) had pooled their resources together to pay for Xen Kao’s services (he was chosen because he was the first capable looking traveller to pass through the area).

Tamura’s role in the battle was minor. Her father kept her well away from the fighting and asked her to stay with the villagers and assure their safety (much to her dismay), but from the small plateau where she and the villagers retreated to she got to see her dad in real action, and she understood just fine why he’d left his old job. She was still young, and she was aware the sight of a battle should have horrified her, but for some reason she loved it. Until her father killed the first of the raiders that is. A clean cut, but witnessing the death of another human disturbed her greatly and she looked away. When the sound of the fighting stopped she couldn’t stop herself from throwing up.

She never told her father how much she was disturbed by the killing, she felt ashamed of herself. Xen Kao had no idea his daughter had seen the fighting, and so he didn’t think he needed to explain how he felt about what he did just then.

Over the years Tamura saw her father kill many more men, and at the age of seventeen she even made her first kill. By then Xen Kao had started to keep her closer by in fights, in hiding where he could use her air bending to confuse their opponents. He had explained to her how he saw the killing. To him it was okay to feel indifferent about taking lives so long as you killed for the right reasons and so long as you didn’t enjoy it.

It was during one of these fights where she was using her air bending that one of the raiders noticed her. He broke away from the group and went straight for her. Xen Kao was busy fending off several fighters at once and didn’t notice it. As the man struck Tamura did her best to stay alive, she dodged and weaved between his blows, she even found herself enjoying the struggle, but every time she got an opening for a killing blow she shied away. Fourteen years of being taught by the Air nomads that you have to respect all lives doesn’t just fade away. Eventually though she messed up, took a blow from the man’s club to the side, sending her sprawling to the ground, as he bore down on her, her fight or flight instinct kicked in and she used her air bending to send her sword lying a few feet away on the ground spinning into her assailant’s back. The raider never knew what hit him, and he would never get to find out.

A few minutes later Xen Kao found her drenched in blood, huddled against a tree, her eyes wide and staring at the corpse. He did what he could to calm and reassure her (it wasn’t his first time seeing someone go through their first kill) but she had no intention of being reassured, and his efforts made her temper flare. She screamed that she didn’t want it to feel all right to kill and she stomped off. The anger helped though, and when her temper cooled she remembered Xen Kao’s philosophy on killing. She decided that if she wanted to help him more she’d have to get used to bloodshed, and that his philosophy was good enough for her. She never fully managed to eradicate all discomfort when killing, but she has managed to get rid of her hesitation.

Many days later, as she was looking back on that first kill she had an epiphany. That night when she sparred with her dad she used her air bending along with her sword fighting to get the best of him, using the various bits of wood spread around their camp as distractions from her main attacks. For the first time when they went off to sleep she wasn’t the only one with a collection of bruises. She continued practising that particular fighting style to great success. Eventually she realised her father had nothing more to teach her, and more importantly that it was time for her to face the world on her own once again. Xen Kao had been expecting that day for a quite some time, and he wasn’t surprised at all, but he was still sad to part ways with her. He had grown very close to his daughter over their seven years travelling together. As a parting gift he offered her two swords he had had forged especially for her just a couple months earlier.

Tamura has been doing exactly that she did with her dad since then. Somewhere along the way she met Sir Von Badasstein. She’s been avoiding going too close to any of the Air temples so as to minimise the chance of running into any Air benders during her travels, and it’s worked out pretty well for her. She mostly works in the Earth Kingdom and Vermillion Empire. Over these many years she has purchased many weapons on her own, all of them light and quickly crafted (for her Box O’ Fun), but the swords her father gave her are the only two which have remained with her.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Tamura Chinjuyu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamura Chinjuyu   Tamura Chinjuyu I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957

Tamura Chinjuyu
Page 1 of 1