Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
New Day, New Challenges 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
New Day, New Challenges I_vote_lcapNew Day, New Challenges I_voting_barNew Day, New Challenges I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
New Day, New Challenges I_vote_lcapNew Day, New Challenges I_voting_barNew Day, New Challenges I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

New Day, New Challenges

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Koyin Hakumada
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Koyin Hakumada

New Day, New Challenges Empty
PostSubject: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Koyin breathed deeply, his breath rising in a puff of smoke as he examined his kill. He had hunted several Otter-Penguins and he was prepping the meat to be sold. He pushed away SuRu's head as he tried to steal a piece of meat. SuRu Kun, Koyin's Giant Polar Wolverine, plopped down on his belly and released a small whine. Okay fine but only on piece, Koyin said to the beast. Koyin released a low clicking noise and SuRu Kun sat on his hind legs with his front paws in the air. As he placed a piece of Otter-Penguin meat on SuRu's nose, he backed up a bit. Then, he quickly released a second click and the beast flung the meat into the air and caught it in his mouth. Good boy Ru, Koyin chuckled as SuRu rolled on his back. Turning his attention back to the meat, he split it into two separate piles. One pile he would keep and turn into Otter-Penguin Jerky and the other he would sell and get quite the profit. Fresh Otter-Penguin meat would sell for a good price to any restaurant owner or butcher. He took the keep pile and placed it in a sack attached to SuRu's saddle. He returned to the other pile, after securely closing the sack, and picked it up. He used the Breath of Ice technique, the one he had practices all last year, to solidify his breath and freeze the meat solid. The meat would stay fresh if it was frozen. He put this meat in the sack as well before hopping onto SuRu. Adjusting himself in the saddle, Koyin galloped SuRu towards the largest closest village. SuRu's large footprints seemed to follow them as they entered the town. They trotted over to a nearby marketplace and stopped by a Butcher Hut. Be good Ru, Koyin said as he tied SuRu to the hitching post in the marketplace. He disappeared into the Butcher Hut with the frozen meat and emerged moments later with a small bag of coins. Koyin stuffed it in his pocket before taking a look around the bustling marketplace. People were buying, selling and trading things left and right. Koyin took another deep breath as the frosty wind hit his face. This is the life, Koyin thought as he walked back towards SuRu Kun.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:57 pm

The time that elapsed during Nanuq's seemingly endless paddling over the icy southern waters, Nanuq's mind pondered the thought of visiting the sister tribe. For years he had heard of their great strides to mastery of the water element and devotion to the old traditional ways as the Northern water tribe had.

A smile emerged onto Nanuq's face as his canoe merged onto the icy shore that lined the marketplace that sat in the middle of the local water villages. The scene of countless water tribe man and women dressed in blue fur lined clothes and traditional hand made baskets that carried the food they bought. Ice covered the tops of the marketplace buildings and the ground that the villagers elegantly stepped over and went about their daily chores and lives. But one individual in particular caught Nanuq's attention as he marched over to his Giant Polar Bear Wolverine that sat outside a nearby butchers shop. Raising an eyebrow, Nanuq proceeded over towards the great beast and patted it's side as he passed then turned to Koyin; his nostrils pointing upward as the smell of cooking otter penguin hit it. "Is that otter penguin i smell?" Nanuq asked with a smile, "Haven't had one of those in a while. We don't have them up north" he explained.
Back to top Go down
Koyin Hakumada
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Koyin Hakumada

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:44 pm

OOC: sorry for the delay, I was ordering pizza and making Kool-Aid Very Happy

SuRu Kun snorted at the touch of the man and stomped a large paw down. It's okay Ru, Koyin said as he was greeted by the man. He turned his attention to the man and said, Indeed it is. I just sold some Otter-Penguin meat to the butcher and he's cooking it now. Koyin walked over to Ru and opened the sack. I have some more if you want it. I just caught it this morning. As he waited for a response, Koyin looked over the man. He could tell he was from the Northern Water Tribe by the way he talked. He examined the man, wondering where he came from. He took a quick look around to see the canoe on the shore. SuRu Kun watched the stranger very carefully. He was wary of strangers and didn't like this one. SuRu Kun moved his large head right behind the man's own and let out another snort.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 am

Nanuq smiled and lowered his head in a shake before glancing back up at the man, "Where are my manners?" he stated simply as he gave the man a formal bow, "My name is Nanuq of the northern water tribe" he said finally introducing himself. A chilling wind then blew from the east as a group of water tribe women passed them and disappeared off into the distance of the seemingly endless ice tundra. "I have been traveling the Earth Kingdom recently and decided to drop down onto my sister tribe for a little bit" Nanuq explained as he moved his attention back to the man and his pet, "It has been a long ride and i would appreciate some food if you can spare any. I will be more than happy to pay you in return." he added, showing the man a small brown bag of water tribe money, "But its like they say. Nothing can pay for some good company over a fire in the water tribe" he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Koyin Hakumada
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Koyin Hakumada

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm

The money is not necessary, Koyin said with a warm smile. He pressed his hands together, one a fist and the other cupped around it, and gave a small bow. I'm Koyin and this is SuRu Kun, He said as he patted the beast's large head. I'm happy to help our kin from the sister tribe, Koyin said as he hopped up onto Ru. He chuckled at the saying and tossed Nanuq the Otter-Penguin meat. Koyin felt the freezing breeze and soon realized that Nanuq just got here and wouldn't have anywhere to stay. Speaking of company, Koyin added, It would seem that you don't have any. Do you need a place to stay while your here? You could stay at my village?
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Nanuq pondered the thought for a moment then shook his head in agreement, "It seems so" he said tucking the meat into one of the bags he had strapped to his waist. During his journey to Omashu and eventually here, Nanuq had found himself sleeping in odd places, none as quite as comfortable as his own bed in his home. But maybe this place that Koyin offered him would relieve him of his recent misfortune. "I would appreciate that very much" Nanuq replied, returning the smile, "If you live alongside the ocean i will follow you in my canoe then tie it down up ahead. I much rather leave it near where i shall be staying opposed to down here where it may be stolen" he added.

Displaying a bow to Koyin, Nanuq swiftly turned around and strode back to his canoe where he hopped in and immediately began to maneuver it so that it faced north. "I will follow. You take lead" Nanuq called out to Koyin, signalling him with his small paddle before splashing it into the water and steadily awaiting Koyin's next move.
Back to top Go down
Koyin Hakumada
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Koyin Hakumada

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 am

Koyin nodded and released a short whistle. SuRu Kun walked over to the shore and began to jog towards the village. Koyin took a moment to look over to check if Nanuq was following, and then picked up the pace a bit. I hope you don't mind if we go a bit faster, Koyin said loudly over to Nanuq. He hoped the man wouldn't fall behind.

After an hour or so, they finally neared the village. There it is. That's the village, Koyin said as they approached. When at the entrance, Koyin hopped off of Ru and let him loose. Ru quickly padded into the village, eager to bask in the attention of the village children. Koyin looked over to the shore to make sure Nanuq was still there and then took a look into the village. He laughed as he saw Ru enjoying all the attention and petting he was receiving from the children. He turned his attention back to Nanuq, waiting for him to come ashore.
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Moving along the side of the shore, keeping his eyes keenly on Koyin and Ru, Nanuq placed his paddle down beside him and quickly began to bend the water around the canoe to increase its speed. Although it was not nearly as fast as Ru was, it allowed Nanuq to be fast enough so that he would not lose the two in the mist of the never ending winds that blew from the west. Once near the shore, Nanuq gave one last big push of water causing his canoe to push up onto the ice cap and out of the ocean, "Don't want this to wonder off while i am away" he explained to Koyin and mostly himself as he climbed out of the wood carved boat.

His eyes scanned over the horizon as he stood properly up; the sight of Ru playing with the children brought a warm smile to Nanuq's face as he placed his hand onto Koyins shoulder, "Very nice village you have here" he commented. Despite not being as large nor developed as the northern water tribes city, the village gave a quaint home like feeling to Nanuq as he approached the entrance of its snow built buildings.
Back to top Go down
Koyin Hakumada
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Koyin Hakumada

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:25 pm

So, Nanuq's a Waterbender too? Koyin thought. He watched as he propelled his boat onto the shore with Waterbending. He stepped into the village and took a look around before the children came rushing toward him and Nanuq. He was greeted by a thousand questions; Where did you go? Why did you leave? Who was this man? Can you show us some Waterbending moves? Whoa slow down, Koyin said as he knelt down. Okay, Let's start with the first question. I went to the Marketplace to sell some Otter-Penguin meat. Then, I was greeted by this man. His name is Mr. Nanuq and he's from the Northern Water Tribe. He then heard the children say in unison, Hello Mr. Nanuq! And now your last question, of course I'll show you a few Waterbending moves I've been practicing. After hearing the children begin to cheer, he told them he would be over in a bit. Turning his attention back to Nanuq Koyin said, Follow me. I'll show you to where you'll be staying. Koyin led Nanuq over to one of the larger Igloo homes. Inside was a fire pit with a pot hung over it. On one side of the room was a bed and three covers. On the other side, a small window facing the village entrance. I know this isn't what your used to in the Northern Water Tribe but I hope you'll be comfortable with it. I'll leave you to get situated in your "home" for the time being. If you need something come find me. Now if you'll excuse me I have children to entertain, Koyin said with a slight laugh. He gave Nanuq a nod and left the room.

Last edited by Koyin Hakumada on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nanuq
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Nanuq

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

"Not at all" Nanuq replied with a smile; waterbending always gave him a sense of home no matter where he was, it as a connection to his father and his home and it was something he held dear. After situating himself in the quaint room, Nanuq made his way out of the room and quickly found his way back to the center of the village where Koyin said he was going to show the children some of his water bending.

It took Nanuq, admittedly, some time to find him but once he did, it was as obvious as the cold wind that continued to blow from the west. Crossing his arms, Nanuq smiled and leaned up against the hut and began to watch the demonstration; in a way Koyin reminded him of some of the young water benders in the north, their enthusiasm, their swagger and most of all, their lust for more knowledge. It was a good feeling to watch others practice the art and relaxation began to overcome Nanuq who watched with great intrigue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Day, New Challenges   New Day, New Challenges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Day, New Challenges
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: 2013 :: March-
Jump to: