Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_vote_lcapTaral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_voting_barTaral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_vote_lcapTaral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_voting_barTaral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
tegu8788

Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender Empty
PostSubject: Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender   Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Taral Kasha
    Birthplace: Omashu
    Current Residence: Mobile
    Element: Mind
    Pets
    Weapons

|OPTIONAL|
    Hobbies: He is a scholar, who loves knowledge of knowledge's sake. He is a mediator, and negotiator for hire, paid to resolve any problem. He also enjoys painting, often using his travels to find scenic spots to paint. Finally, he enjoys a good conversation, and he's not picky about who he talks with.
    Quirks: He is missing his right arm from above the elbow, and left leg above the knee.

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: He has short black hair with tints of red, wearing it combed straight back without any products. As such, it has a tendency to puff, especially in strong wind. He also has sideburns and a goatee.
    Eyes: He has bright green eyes, however, when he uses his powers his iris' fade to a greenish grey. They return to normal shortly after he disconnects his mind from others.
    Height: 5'11"
    Clothes: His clothing is worn, but presentable. Certainly not for high society, but he can walk through any city without looking out of place. He wears khaki pants tucked into knee high brown boots. His rust red short sleeved shirt is tucked in to his pants, the top few buttons left undone. He wears brown suspenders to hold his pants up, and he often rests his thumbs on them when talking. Over this, he wears a long brown trench coat, with leather gloves covering his hands. A simple fedora adorns his head, and he often doffs it to people that pass him by.
    Skin: His skin is rough, life on the road having been less than kind to him. However, much of that can be washed away, and after a soak his skin softens.
    Body Type: Far from a hulking figure, he is fit because of his constant travels. Having dealt with wildlife and rockslides growing up, he is rather agile, able to tuck and roll, or turn and run at a moments notice. His neck and back are strong, used to carrying a heavy load, and his hands are quick and nimble, quick with his brush.

[size=18]|CHARACTERISTICS|

Personality: He is very charming, preferring to talk and share experiences with people rather than fight. He tends to joke around, trying to keep things light-hearted, using his powers subconsciously to get everyone to work together. He understands anger and aggression, but has realized how empty live is when consumed by hatred. He believes in helping those in need, and if a cause helps others, he will sell his services as a mediator. He will end a conflict, and if he can't do it with words, he will end it with force.
    Personal Strengths: He is very charismatic, discovering his mind-bending abilities as an extension of his personality. He is also very intelligent, having gathered knowledge from so many sources over his life. He is known for his ability to see the big picture, and look at everything from different angles, helping him mediate by empathizing with all sides. Finally, because of his travels, he is physically resilient, able to endure a fair amount of punishment and maintain his focus.
    Personal Weaknesses: He is vulnerable to very strong emotions and the pain of others, essentially having to endure screams in his mind. When he uses his mental powers, his own senses weaken, leaving him blind and deaf if he tries to touch five minds at one time with any force. He is also missing his right arm and left leg. When faced with natural dangers, there is very little he can do to protect himself.
    Hamartia: If he loses control over someone he dominates, they tend to be quite upset about it. Note his lack of arm and leg...
    Personal Hero: The Avatar. Not a specific one, but the concept. Able to bring balance and harmony, and while very powerful, it's not that power that makes the Avatar truly mighty, but the wisdom gathered over the generations.
    Dreams and Ambitions: To become as close to being an Avatar as he can.

Likes: Good food, good conversation, new experiences, artisanship, and exploration.

Dislikes: Unbridled agression, close-mindedness, garlic, suffering, and excessive heat.

Brief History: Born in the Earth Kingdom, he discovered that his silver tongue was actually the nascent manifestation of his mind-bending powers. He used his charm to make his way through much of his young life, until he developed the ability to share thoughts. He quickly discovered his love for knowledge, sharing experiences with the many people in his village. Soon he learned everything he could in the village, and used that knowledge to teach children and lead his people into prosperity.
    This prosperity did not come without disadvantages, however. Bandits raided his village, and used such numbers that even he couldn't stop them all. He burnt out much of his potential to hold all the raiders in place while the villagers fled, and once they escaped, he collapsed. He was tortured and held captive for 10 years, but during that time he learned how to use his powers aggressively. Managing to turn his captors against each other, he fled the bloodbath being carried by a goat gorilla, Rassin.
    Returning to the site of his village, he found it utterly destroyed, and resigned himself. He had reached too far too quickly, and has learned that his power comes with great responsibility. To prevent other innocents from being attacked in the similar way, he strives to increase the happiness of the entire world, one small part at a time.

Mind-Bending:
    He is able to extend his mental control of his body to that of others, affecting their minds in a number of ways. He is able to create spectral illusions that effect all the senses. He is also able to influence the emotions of those around him, by stimulating the release of chemicals in their brains, for any number of effects (joy, depression, serendipity, drowsiness). By focusing solely on one person, he can override their control of their body, forcing them to move as he wishes, however a strong mind can resist him, and this sort of action is obvious to his target. By sensing the intents of those around him, he is given advanced warning, giving him an edge for dodging attacks.
    By reaching out to receptive minds, he is able to create a shared consciousness, or a hive mind, where thoughts and perceptions from one member is shared with all the others. He can maintain up to five connections before he overtaxes his mind, and causes mental strain to everyone involved.
    However, whenever he bends, he weakens his own senses. The more minds he effects, the weaker his own senses are. He already has deadened senses, when touching five minds he is deaf, blind, and lose tactile and olfactory senses. He can use the senses of those he bends, but only theirs. If he works with an Earthbender with Tremor Sense, he doesn't get Tremor Sense himself, but he is aware of anything the Earthbender is.
    If someone is willing, he is able to walk through their memories, and experience them for himself. This allows him access to a great amount of knowledge, literally walking in another person's shoes for a time. He is able to share these experiences, but there are limitations. He has shared thoughts with masters of several martial arts and master benders, but he recall's their experiences, with their own bodies. While it's a faster method for training, he still has to adjust his "memories" to his body, and that can lead to some interesting results. Even though he knows how to bend all the elements, he completely lacks the ability to do so.

Last edited by tegu8788 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender   Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 pm

With a small discussion with Kouzai I will accept this but to an extent. As mind bending can be easily turned into "god modding". Though I am not saying you are, its just a worse case scenario. Its a rare bending ability people choose so this generated a good discussion lol.

I can only allow you to manipulate the minds of people who have a weaker or equal mind as willpower also plays into this. People who are headstrong, emotionless, insane, or a strong willpower than yourself. Spirits are also beings that will be unaffected by your mind probing.

Also TWO more things. You must create a weapons and a pet application to use either one of them.

Pet Application: https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com/t1131-pet-template

Weapon Application: https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com/t1130-weapon-template

so without further a due....APPROVED
Back to top Go down
tegu8788
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
tegu8788

PostSubject: Re: Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender   Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm

I had not thought of the strange mind limitations, those are gold.

I had assumed that a Spirit's mind is so alien that he wouldn't be able to effect them at all anyway. Should have posted that.

I'll write up posts for the pets, and his weapons shortly. Thank you for the quick response, and if anyone feels anything I do goes over any lines, please let me know. I do not enjoy power gaming, and will take no offense to someone warning me that I'm toeing the line.

Once those are approved I'll look for an open game, and dive in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender   Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Of course welcome to the site! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender   Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taral Kasha, Mind-Bender
Page 1 of 1