Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_vote_lcapBon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_voting_barBon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_vote_lcapBon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_voting_barBon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) Empty
PostSubject: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:06 am

Nyima felt sick to her stomach as the small sloop she was on docked in the Vermillion City port. On the one hand, she was still getting over the voyage itself. She had not fared much better than on the first leg of her journey. The sea, it would seem, was not her friend - as if rubbing in the fact that she was in no way a water bender. Still, the last couple days she had actually been able to start standing up straight, and had managed to keep some basic foodstuffs down in her weary stomach. Perhaps she was starting to get used to the sailing. On the other hand, she was about to set foot in the world of her father: a man she had never known, and who may or may not still be alive. It was the land of fire benders - something she was biologically a part of, and yet... it all seemed so foreign. Just looking out at the city from the docks was enough to make her head reel. I don't know if I can do this, she thought to herself. I don't know that I belong here, either. She was still not ready to give into the idea that she was a fire bender and should leave her water tribe heritage behind her. She was still clothed all in blue, having simply shed some of her many layers of clothing along the way. (At least she could positively appreciate the temperature difference!)

"Are you ready to disembark, miss?" asked the captain. He was a pleasant fellow who had picked her up at the Southern Air Temple docks. Seeing her hesitation, he suggested an alternative. "Perhaps you can stay aboard the ship while I give my crew a break in town. We'll all be back by the evening. You can go whenever you feel ready."

Nyima nodded. "I think I would like that," she said, grateful that she had time to think about this more before stepping into this brave new world of the Fire Nation. She watched everyone else go off the ship, save a single watchman, and even he kicked back once the others had left and began to snooze in the shade. Nyima gave one more look at the city skyline, and decided maybe she should go below-decks and try eating a bit more solid food before she faced her latest challenge.
Back to top Go down
Lin Lin
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Lin Lin

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:48 am

Akari felt scared out of her wits; she knew that Tony and the other would soon notice she was missing. But she just had to leave she couldn’t take it anymore! On one hand she was a skilled fire bender and could probably handle them all but on the other hand she didn’t want to hurt anyone.

She had noticed all of the crew members disembarking and she realized that might be her once in a lifetime chance of getting away from the group and finally adventuring like she had always dreamed up since she was younger. She looked onto her shoulder and smiled, “You ready Yara?,” she slipped into the shadows caused by the side of the ship and looked over to see that there were no people of the crew left. She snuck onto the wobbly ship and almost blew her cover by sneezing but Yara covered her mouth and nose with his paws.

Akari gave the ok signal to Yara. "Thanks buddy," she said, grateful that she had someone to rely on. She watched the girl come down the walk way from top of the boat, she didn’t seem very comfortable on the water even though she looked like a water bender she didn’t act like one. Akira thought to herself that the girl didn’t look like much of a threat even if she didn’t know her so she just walked out into the open, Yara in tow ready for a challenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Nyima was almost safely below deck when she heard a noise. "Mr. Watchman?" she asked, a bit surprised that he had decided to stir so early from his nap. But when she turned and came back up the steps to the main deck, she saw that it was not the watchman, but a young girl and her smallish, red, furry companion. A creature unlike anything she had ever seen growing up at the South Pole. The girl was obviously Fire Nation, and didn't look like she'd been eating very well. Of course, you're Fire Nation, too, Nyima, and you probably could use a solid meal yourself, Nyima thought to herself as she surveyed the new arrival.

"Um... excuse me, but I... don't think you're supposed to be on here," Nyima said slowly. "I mean, maybe you've got the wrong ship?" She thought a moment, then said, "The watchman is over there, maybe he knows." She gestured her thumb over in the direction of the watchman, snoozing (somewhat noisily) in the shade of the main mast. She was careful to sound polite - she wasn't sure what this girl was doing here, and she wasn't about to start a fight as her first act in the Fire Nation. Still, she stood there somewhat awkwardly, not sure if there was a proper way to talk or act in the Fire Nation. Did they have the same system of matters as that with which she had been raised at the South Pole? She waited to see what the girl's response would be.
Back to top Go down
Lin Lin
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Lin Lin

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Akari looked at this strange girl and growled, "I am supposed to be on this ship so mind your own buisness water tribe", Akari bent down and picked up Yara and walked over towards the girl and got straight in her face, "Ill fire bend your butt off this boat if you think your so big and bad". She lit her finger from red fire, to white fire, then to blue fire (warmest to hottest) to show that she knew how to control the element just fine.

(OCC:Sorry this was such a bad post)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:45 pm

The girl did not respond as Nyima had hoped.
Quote :
"I am supposed to be on this ship so mind your own buisness water tribe"

"I'm not - " Nyima stopped herself. She was about to say that she wasn't Water Tribe - of course, one look at her outfit would say otherwise. Certainly a typical water tribesman didn't have amber eyes and kinky brown hair, but they did wear blue boots, pants, tunics, and everything else she had on. The girl picked up her animal companion and came close to threaten her. She was obviously a fire bender, and Nyima leapt inside to see how well this girl could control the element. Maybe there was hope for Nyima's bending after all.... But now was not the time. Luckily, Nyima had lots of practice with evading aggressive persons, and this girl seemed to be no exception. She was determined not to start a fight, and if this girl said she was supposed to be on the ship, then she wasn't going to bother her. Let the watchman make up his mind about that - Nyima was still hungry.

"I'm sorry," Nyima said simply. "I didn't mean anything by it." She took a step back, easing the tension of the close encounter. "I'm just going below-deck to get some food - I haven't been well, you see." And with that, she gave a little bow and headed back down below decks, the snoring of the watchman filling the silence between her and the girl. She went to the galley and found some bread and a little bit of soup leftover from yesterday's meal. She began to soak the bread in the broth and nibble on it, enjoying the feeling of semi-solid food as it actually stuck in her stomach this time. When she had finished, she began to clean out the bowl when the sound of thumping and a yell or two - a fight? other people? - drifted through the deck above.

(OCC: No worries; here, I gave you a little lead-in this time. Have some fun up there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lin Lin
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Lin Lin

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm

(itrewic vhira tenpiswo wux barge nak! =get down here right now barge rat! , gethrisj itrewic jacioniv!=go get her!) (OOC: Thanks I can't wait to show my moves!! xD and sorry for answering back so late!)

“Yeah you better leave, ya softy”, she growled. After the girl left Akari felt slightly better but she knew she had to hide since someone now knew that she was on the boat. She started searching around the boat for places to hide until the ship started to take off.
Akari looked around until she saw a tall stack of large boxes that could easily hide her and Yara until the ship took off and it was located close to the inclined run way towards the top of the deck. She started to climb up but lost her footing and one of the boxes tumbled until it crashed and distributed all of its contents onto the ground. “God da-“, she stop herself because she didn’t want to cause any more noise, but it was too late and there were already at-least ten men running down from the upper deck to see what happened . “What in the world?!” The person obviously seemed to be the captain because he seemed the most angry when he saw the box destroyed. She tried to leap over the box but she couldn’t reach all the way over it so she just tried to stay still. The captain looked up and noticed her because he must have known that at some point in time that box was stacked.
“itrewic vhira tenpiswo wux barge nak!, ”, The captain sent 3 men up onto the boxes towards Akari. All she wanted to do was leave the horrible life that she was leading at the moment but these men just didn’t understand. She snorted smoke like she was a dragon out of anger and for a second her vision went straight red. One of the men grabbed her wrist but she wave kicked the man and then planted her foot in his chest with a bonus of fire.

The man fell all the way down to the bottom but they kept coming. Akari leaped down the boxes with Yara in her arms and placed him down, “Yara go and hide I’ll find you when I’m done with these guys”, Yara disappeared into the shadows and Akari turned around to face her adversaries.Akari did a sort of break dance move she secretly learned from some street dancers but just added her fire bending blend to it. Some of the men’s feet were burned and all of them were pushed back from her. Akari kept bending the flames towards their feet because that is every benders base of balance.
By the time she was done only the captain was left standing, but just barely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Nyima quickly finished the last of her soup and left the bowl with a clank as she hurried back above deck. The sight that greeted her eyes was not what she expected, but she was able to take it all in rather quickly and realize what was going on. The captain and crew had returned from shore, bringing their empty cargo boxes - no doubt having made a pretty penny on their contents in town. This girl, who apparently was not supposed to be on the ship, was busy fighting her way through the crew. Not hard to do, since several of them didn't seem very sober. Now it was just herself and the captain - this girl, showing her obvious firebending abilities, easily could overpower him. It was almost as if she was toying with him, but the look in her eyes made it clear that this was not a game. It was life or death.

How could boarding this ship be a matter of life or death? Nyima wondered to herself. But even as she thought it, the answer came in a couple street thugs, running down the dock and hollering. Even as the crewmen were recovering on the dock below the ship (they had jumped overboard in their trying to avoid this girl's flames) these newcomers ran past them. "You can't get away from us that easily!" yelled one of them. Another turned to the captain, "You're no longer needed here, I suggest you join your men on the dock." But the suggestion was put into action when the man grabbed hold of the captain by the shirt and threw him overboard. These men were obviously violent, and Nyima thought she even sensed fear from the firebending girl at their arrival.

"If you're not going to come nicely, we're at least going to make sure you don't leave," said one of the men, and he lit the ship on fire with his bending. They then retreated back to the docks. "We're waiting," one of them taunted. Nobody seemed to have even noticed Nyima, but she was not about to let this ship burn down with her on it. Her mother's words rang in her memory, "You can bend fire like it is water, I've seen you do it in your sleep." With a deep breath, Nyima focused on the flames around her, and her desire to fling them away from the ship. With all her might she bent her arms back, much like the motion waterbenders in the Southern Water Tribe would perform to create a mighty wave, and then pushed forward and away with all her might. The flames tore away from the ship, slamming against the dock and lighting it on fire, even as the force of it all pushed the small sailing ship back out to see like a sudden wind filling its sails.

Oh no, not more sailing, Nyima thought, and passed out on the deck.
Back to top Go down
Lin Lin
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Lin Lin

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm

(Sorry I answer so late I should have told you that before we started roleplaying together)

Akari was ready to fight the captain when suddenly her ex-family members ran onto the boat and completely ignored her fight and just threw the captain off the boat. Akari growled at the two boys because for once in her life she was so close! The boy who had just thrown the captain off the boat was named Kenji and the other bone-head’s name was Ren. “Come on Akari get off the boat and come back home so Donny won’t be mad at you!”, said Ren. She stood her ground, not about to give up the freedom that she so dearly desired. “What in the world!” Akari screamed in fright as fire completely engulfed the boat. But before she even needed to jump over board to save her life suddenly the fire started to flow off of the boat as if water from a receding wave.

She ran over towards the edge of the boat towards the dock and laughed as Ren and Kenji were running for their lives, probably to go snitch on her. She blasted a wave of flames to get the boat moving from the dock, they were slightly out to sea so she stopped . Akari turned around to the past out girl and slightly sighed. “Great I though I was free but now I’m a baby sitter what next!”. Akari gently tapped the girl on the cheek. “Ey come on now wake up don’t die on me”.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:09 am

(( Haha, that's okay: I'm not super-quick at replying either. I like to think about my replies. It's probably better to not be on all-day-everyday anyway. Smile)

Nyima felt as if she had just ran around the whole South Pole, she was that drained. Someone was tapping her cheek, but she didn't want to open her eyes. "Ey come on now, wake up don't die on me." The words sounded distant, as if they were coming through a heavy fog. Then there was another voice, much closer-sounding. "Nyima! Nyima! You have to wake up. Go!" Nyima felt as if she was pushed into icy cold water and she awoke with a gasp, blinking away the sun as she realized where she was. The deck of the ship was beneath her, and the girl was in front of her, looking slightly concerned. She pressed against the wooden floor and tried to get up, but her own arms gave way underneath her weight. The defeat was followed by a blasting hunger in her belly - enough to drive her to gather strength and try again, this time with more success.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna die," Nyima said. "Unless it's of hunger," she joked. She managed to get up to her feet and leaned against the mainmast, struggling to support her weight totally. "Do you think you could help me to the galley below deck?" Nyima asked her companion, realizing that they were the only two people on the ship. She hoped that the girl wouldn't ask her too many questions about what just happened - frankly she wasn't even terribly sure herself. But right now, the desire for food was the only thought she could really keep in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Lin Lin
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Lin Lin

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

Akar sighed with releif and smirked at the girls comment. "Yeah I could use some food too", she helped lift the girl up and walked her slowly towards the bottom deck. She stopped abruptly and looked around with wild eyes. "Where is Yarra?!?", she made sure to keep her grip on the gil but looked around frantically. "Yarra! Yarra where are you?!". The little fire ferret ran up from the bottom deck and climbed up onto her shoulder. She nuzzled into his soft fur and laughed. "Though tI lost ya there for a second little guy", She looked at the girl and appoligized. "Oh sorry forgot lets go down stairs t get some grub". She walked the girl down stairs and went to a table and placed the girl down in a chair, "So what kind of grub do they have here?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)   Bon voyage! (Lin Lin) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon voyage! (Lin Lin)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: 2012 :: June-
Jump to: