Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_vote_lcapKillers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_voting_barKillers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_vote_lcapKillers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_voting_barKillers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns Empty
PostSubject: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am

Owlan
Owlan sat sipping his sake in the small room that Dara had set aside for his secret meeting with Claudia and a few other Assassin's. It was a simple room--Owlan had begun to scan it--lit by two candelabra with near stubs for candles, and it was made of cold, grey stone. The stone had several glyphs and pictures carved into each of it's walls, it's floor and it's ceiling. Some parts of the walls were adorned with ancient tapestries--all of which, along with the glyphs and runes--Owlan had inspected before and added to his Codex. Owlan sipped his sake again; the room was cold, and the seat was hard and cold as well. It was a very uninviting place to have a meeting. Owlan was supposed to be meeting with his cousin, Claudia. He hadn't seen her in 4 years. Last he heard of her she had been elected into some secret society to help fight the evil in the world and remove the oppressors. Owlan approved of the job of course, for she served the greater good of the people of the world, but he still couldn't help but worry about her. She was still his little cousin after all, and Owlan had always taken care of her since, she was 15. Since Owlan had put her in charge of the finances of the Fire Nation. Owlan was always so proud of her and what she'd done for the Fire Nation, and proud of himself for thinking of it. Owlan smiled to himself and finished off his sake in one final gulp. He couldn't wait to see his beloved cousin one more time.

Claudia
Claudia walked through the stone corridors of Dara's library. It was kind of the spirit to allow her and Owlan to meet in his library. Claudia couldn't help but smile, "Leave it to Owlan to set a secret meeting in the library," said Claudia. Three hooded figures followed closely in her footsteps in the shadows. Her fellow Assassins. The taller of the two were dressed in white tunics, black pants and white robes. Each of them were hooded, and have their faces covered by the brim of their hoods. They were heavily armed, and made not a noise as their capes flicked throughout the halls with each movement. The third assassin was shorter than the other two, and even shorter than Claudia. He reached only just above her waist, but he was one of their own none the less. Her apprentice, Darin. "Are you keeping up okay, Darin?" asked Claudia; she and the others were alone, and in the confines of safety and sanctuary. They could use their real names for now. "Or do you want to stop and rest for a second? I know we've been walking since we hit shore." "The boy must learn endurance, Claudia," said one of the taller Assassins, the one on Claudia's left. "He is a child, Malik," said Claudia with a slight tone of strictness in her voice, "Even the Grand Master acknowledges such." Malik sighed impatiently, "Of course, forgive me, Master Claudia," he said as politely as possible, "I meant no offence." Claudia couldn't blame Malik for his irritation, he was a stickler for the rules, and he had been wearied by the long journey to their destination.

"None has been taken," answered Claudia calmly. Malik grunted, "If I may also speak my mind, Master," started Malik, "I do not like the idea of meeting with this, this, outsider. He is not one of us, not one of the Assassiyun. He is not of the Order. You know the rules, the creed that which we must abide. Surely you have not forgotten? Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent; Hide in plain sight; and never-" "Never compromise the Order." finished Claudia impatiently, "I know Malik. You needn't throw the rules at me for every decision that I make. I am fully aware of the Creed, and I have nit her killed innocents, and have always hidden in the plainest sight possible. As for meeting with this, outsider, as you so kindly put it, this outsider is no normal king or ruler. He is Fire Lord Owlan." "You mean-?!" Gasped the second of the assassins, the one who had remained silent up until now. "Yes," said Claudia, "Owlan the Lionheart. I'm sure you are well aware of this story?" Malik nodded beneath his hood, and begrudgingly gave up his arguing silently.

"Good," said Claudia, "Thank you. And so that you can trust me, I shall trust you. Owlan the Lionheart, is not just an old friend. He's my cousin." With that Claudia doubled her walking pace and remained silent until she reached the door to the room where Owlan was. She paused before opening the door; she was about to see her cousin, the one who had cared for her and watched out for her, after 7 years of disappearance and only three or four letters between the two. She had rudely abandoned his ship and his company after returning from the Light Kingdom, and hadn't seen him since. She wondered what Owlan's reactions would be when he saw that she was grown up now, and that she was an Assassin. Had he changed at all? Was he still the same? Claudia burned to find out. And in a rush of adrenaline and nerves, she pushed open the door, and went to face her cousin.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:40 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Darin, or "Basil", padded obediently and beside Claudia. His piercing red eyes scanning the walls around him, half with wonderment, half with fear. He couldn't help but feel somewhat claustrophobic and apprehensive. It was not every day the young one was invited to Claudia's meetings. At first, he was so excited he could not stand still, but now a sense of unease fixed itself in his bosom and stayed there.

The seven-year-old had to walk twice as fast to keep up with the older assassins, in regard of his short legs and meager frame. He was not tiring, but it was only a matter of time until his seemingly endless stamina abated, and his steps would begin to falter.

"Are you keeping up okay, Darin?" Claudia inquired softly. "Or do you want to stop and rest for a second? I know we've been walking since we hit shore."

Basil peered up from beneath his hood, and made to reply --

"The boy must learn endurance, Claudia," Malik intercepted. His statement prompted Basil to turn to him, but yet he could not see anything under that shadowy hood. Basil frowned. He had considered endurance to be one of his best qualities. Malik was foolish. He apparently did not know Basil as well as he thought he did. Tch.

"He is a child, Malik," Claudia said firmly. "Even the Grand Master acknowledges such."

Malik sighed impatiently, "Of course, forgive me, Master Claudia," he told her in a fashion that was neither pathetic nor haughty. The boy privately wondered how he managed it. "I meant no offence."

Darin considered, childishly enough, sticking his tongue out at the elder man, but he such an action would elicit a verbal lashing from either of the two. Or both. Instead, he slipped his hand in Claudia's and smiled. "I'm OK."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Claudia smiled and took the boys hand, "Good, I'm glad," she said, then added in a whispered undertone, "Don't be afraid of Malik, if you ever need to rest or need anything else you don't be afraid to ask me okay?" Claudia pushed open the door then and walked into the room. Mali and his companion waited outside, while Claudia sat on the opposite side of the table from Owlan, with Darin in her lap. "Owlan," said Claudia as she lowered her hood. Owlan smiled at Claudia as he saw her face, "You've grown up, and you're wearing quite a bit of leather and red," he said in his joking tone, "Did you join the Little Red Riding Hood LARPing Society or something?" Claudia smiled and pushed her hair behind her ear, "Well cousin," she said, "I've joined a secret order. The Order of Assassins. I've spent the last few years working for them, under our Grand Master. I've flown through the ranks, and I even have a few students I'm training. Basil here is one of mine as well. His mother and I were training together at the same time, and when she died a few years back and I took him under my wing as my apprentice."

Owlan raised and eyebrow in interest, "An Assassin?" he asked, "Who do you guys assassinate exactly? You see, what I'm asking is, should I be sleeping with a night guard?" Claudia laughed again, "No," she said, "We only kill evil and oppressors. Those who seek to enslave mankind or remove their free will. You're on the safe list, all the royalty are actually." Owlan nodded, "Good," he said, "I'm glad. And I'm proud of you Claudia, you seem like you've done well for yourself. And you've decided to do something good with your life, and you're dedicated yourself to a good cause." Owlan then turned his attention to Basil, "How are you Basil?" he asked, "Has the big bad Claudia been scarring you?"
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Darin settled comfortably in Claudia's lap. The child squirmed a little more, feeling particularly hot. Basil pulled back his hood, revealing a very youthful, awe-stricken face. Said face was framed by dark bangs, establishing even more shadows along his soft skin, dancing in the glow and heat of the torchlight. Basil, for the longest time, could not take his eyes off the king. He was nothing like he expected -- he didn't look like Claudia!

Darin glanced back at Claudia, as if to say, 'I thought this was your cousin?' But he seemed to answer his own suspicions and settled down once more, sitting across Claudia's lap and leaning against his surrogate mother's bosom hesitantly.

The boy continued to survey Owlan as the king and Claudia conversed. Teasing remarks rained back and forth, and Basil laughed here and there, despite having only a small understanding of what they were talking about. He caught the word 'assassin' and 'assassinate' here and there. They were words he heard often enough, but words he was never allowed to speak publicly.

"How are you Basil?" Owlan suddenly asked. Basil, honestly, was taken by surprise. He had not expected the king to address him at all. "Has the big bad Claudia been scarring you?"

Darin shook his head vehemently, not quite sure what Owlan meant. "I have scars. See?" Basil leaned forward and showed the king a small, pale scratch in his arm where another trainee cut him. "Miekka käytäntö."(sword practice) There was a larger one on his bicep, but that took a lot of sleeve-rolling to expose. He had a burn on his left leg, but Basil did not feel like going through the trouble to show Owlan. "They were accidents."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Owlan laughed, "I mean psychologically," he smiled, "But she hasn't been pushing you too hard as she? I know as a child she's always had the tendency to be a little...violent." Owlan laughed, "She was so violent her daddy had to raise her dowry by 10 000 gold before anyone would consider marrying her because she scared off all her other suitors." Owlan laughed again but promptly shut up as a throwing knife shot past his ear and hit the wall. He saw Claudia glarring daggers at him, and he knew then that the glare was more dangerous than the knives. Owlan cleared his throat and regained his composure. "But yes, she's been treating you well I assume Basil?" he asked, "Not treating you unfairly or pushing you too hard?"
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:43 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Basil shook his head frantically. "No," he told the king softly, narrowing his eyes. Why would Claudia do that? How could the king assume that? He glanced up at Claudia, wondering if she was mad. He couldn't exactly read her expression, but he wondered if she was throwing Owlan one of those 'death glares' from before.

Basil tried to explain as best as he could, "I get in trouble, sometimes. Veg." (fights) There were a lot of street urchins and even merchants that did not take too kindly to seven-year-olds with a sharp tongue. Basil, however, always walked away in decidedly better shape than his opponents. Had Claudia been a witness, she most certainly wouldn't have approved. Perhaps she would have carted the child away from the scene immediately, shouting obscenities. Maybe she would fight,. Slowly, Basil leaned toward the latter. Claudia never had issue 'informing' others of her strength and skill. Neither did Basil. But for the boy it was always more trouble than it was worth.

Basil made rapid gestures with his hands. Then, realizing the king might not understand sign language, said instead, "Are you a Firebender?"

((OOC: Basil is multi-lingual, and was often encouraged to exercise his languages so they don't fade from his memory. It is unknown how many fragments of languages he knows. He is only fluent in two, and somewhat fluent in two more.))
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Owlan smiled, "Yes, I am. I'm a Fire, Light and Dark Bender it's a....talent of mine." he said smiling. Claudia rolled her eyes, "We know, we know, you don't need to keep reminding us," she said. Owlan chuckled, "Says the one who keeps throwing knives to prove her point," retorted Owlan sharply but still jokingly. "May I ask what kind of bender you are Basil? You're not like any bender I've seen before. You're not of the main 6 elements are you?" Owlan knew this boy was much smarter than he looked, and he was proud of Claudia for taking such good care of him. He knew that the boy would be a good assassin one day, and one who will serve the world much good.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Basil gave a wide, toothy grin. He blew air out between his teeth, making a sharp 'whooshing' sound, then moved his hands around. He was mimicking a sandstorm, in which each grain of sand was tossed by the wind and sometimes made it difficult to see. Then he stopped, realizing the gesture could be taken for Airbending, and instead flexed his fingers and summoned a pile of dust from the floor, bending it in his palm.

"Sand." Basil stilled his fingers and the dust made a pile in his hand. He deposited the collection back on the floor. "I'm a Naturebender, too!" he added. "But Claudia's still teaching me. I can't wait till I can grow a tree. I want to grow an apple tree!" Basil spread his arms wide, indicating how large he wanted his tree to be. Then, he buried his face back in Claudia's chest, peering at Owlan with one red eye.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Owlan saw Claudia hug the boy as he buried himself in her chest. Owlan smiled, "Is that so?" asked Owlan, "Well it just so happens I could use a new apple tree in my garden. When you learn how, would you mind growing me one? I'd love a hand grown apple tree." Owlan glanced up at Claudia with his piercing grey eyes and she could see the happiness in him. Claudia knew Owlan was always good with kids, having raised her, Erolass and Naina had helped him with that. But the look in Owlan's eye also pervaded something else, a sense of longing. It was then that Claudia could see Owlan wanted children of his own. The only problem was, he was already married to his work, and he never really had a girlfriend to begin with. Owlan's life had never permitted him to do so. Claudia felt sorry for Owlan, for he might never find the one that was right for him, and his lineage might not carry on. It was then that Claudia understood why Owlan was always so happy to be around children; it filled that part of him that was missing the love and happiness a child and a wife could bring, and Claudia began to feel--if only somewhat--sorry for Owlan.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

A stretch of silence passed, during which Basil settled into Claudia's embrace and closed his eyes. His face had lit up at Owlan's proposition, and the enthusiasm was clear in his body language. And with his excitement, he had stared up at Claudia and begged her with his eyes. "Oh please can I do it? Una vez que se hacen más fuertes?" (Once I become stronger?) He had clutched the fabric of Claudia's bodice hopefully.

Then, he'd waited. As he waited, a collective silence passed between all of them. Basil idly wondered what was going on and why Claudia had suddenly become so sedate, but he did not trouble himself with it and settled down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns   Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killers of the Shadows; Claudia Returns
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next