Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_vote_lcapEarth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_voting_barEarth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_vote_lcapEarth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_voting_barEarth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) Empty
PostSubject: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

♒ . DIANNE . ♒
Spoiler:
(warning: large image)

A large, bountiful ship emerged off the horizon, motors churning elegantly in the reddened waters of sunrise. A girl, only about sixteen or so, slept soundlessly on the bottom bunk in her quarter. Long, dark brown hair swirled like a dark halo around her, one arm thrown haphazardly over the edge.

Beside her, a shock of blonde was present, tucking out just from beneath the sheets. Next to it lay a beautiful lily. And, on the very top bunk, her cousin Valian was twisted and entwined with his comforter. His pillow had fallen during the night and now lay on the carpet. None of them found it easy to get to sleep the night before.

A loud rapping on the door drew Dianne out of her stupor. The sound meant it was almost time to disembark. The ferry was still gently drifting back and forth. It drove her almost insane.

Valian didn't seem to care. He gave a loud yawn, detached himself from his bedding, and slowly climbed down his ladder to the floor.

'Like a sloth,' she thought, with a tiny smirk. "Mornin' Val," she said, opting to roll right out of bed and onto the floor. She reached for her duffle bag, ready to dress, and wrinkled her nose. She'd grabbed the wrong bag -- time to do laundry again.

"G'mornin'," he yawned. Valian picked a shirt up off the floor and threw it on.

She scowled at him playfully. "Trifling of you," she commented, reaching to drag her intended bag from under the bed. Then she made him turn around so she can pull on a pair of jeans and a green shirt.

As Valian slowly worked a brush through his tangled locks, Dianne practically flew over to the porthole. "Oh, it's so pretty Val!" she said. "It's like -- endless!"

"Mm," said Valian, and that was all. "I'm going to get some breakfast." He left silently, fluidly, so by the time Dianne turned around, he was gone.

"Punk," she murmured, overcome by happiness and optimism. She raced over to the bed. Renn still slept soundly, one hand curled into a tiny fist. He was a Naturebender, already the proud savior of a beautiful blue lily he calls Yenory. He carries it around wherever he goes. It's never died since he touched it.

Renn was six, and so adorable Dianne melted at the mere sight of him there, so sweet and vulnerable. Since they lost their mother only two years prior, Dianne made it her sole duty to protect him.

"Hey, Pookie," she said. She took his tiny shoulder in hers and shook it, rousing him slowly. Eyes opened to reveal intense green ones -- even more green than hers. Renn yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Dia!" he smiled widely, seeing her.

"Hello my hun-bun!" she said brightly. "We made it to the islands, see?" she took him over to see the view, and he did not leave the porthole until Valian came back with a couple of bagels. They ate quickly and silently. Though it wasn't much variety, it was enough to fill them.

The trio then gathered their things and filed out on the deck, the sun shining so bright overhead Dianne had to squint. A loud horn resounded.

It was finally time to disembark.

(( OOC: Several years into the future of Avatar, I'm assuming/pretending they have jeans or something akin to that now. ))

Last edited by LadyKura on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 am

♒ . VALIAN . ♒
Spoiler:

Valian hoisted three heavy sacks over his shoulders, picking his way through the crowd and easing down the harbor. Dianne followed close behind, leading Renn by his wrist.

Valian, when his feet began to ache, found a chariot with a horse strapped to it. The driver had just let off a few passengers intent on boarding the ferry. The teen caught up to it, payed the fare, and soon the three were sitting down and lazily enjoying the sunshine.

Liquid light, pooled all around them. The sky was a serene blue, the grass a serpentine green. Palm trees swayed in the ocean breeze. Coconuts collected at the side of the road, and village houses spread out a distance away. The main town was marked with heavily traditional ornaments and decorative symbols. Beaches were the color of butter, and a vast forest spread all the way out to towering mountain peaks.

The carriage rolled into one of the towns, shingle-roofs casting shadows over the sunny earth. People talked and conversed from the steps of their homes. Women hung laundry out to try and tended their home gardens. The men were likely out hunting or selling wares.

"Would you look at that?" he said, finally. "We're in paradise."

Dianne clapped and gave an infatuated coo. "Valian if we could stay here forever, I'd love it!" She balanced Renn's head in her lap; he was falling asleep again.

He chuckled, but his eyes were serious. "No, we must keep moving. I saved enough money to return back to the main Earth Kingdom if we needed, but I don't have enough to continue on to the Fire Nation."

Dianne frowned. "But we ran out of things to sell."

Valian gave her a 'look'. To make money in the past, Dianne would steal things from other merchants and then sell them. Her theft items ranged from expensive jewels and tiny trinkets. He highly disapproved of it, but she still continued to do it behind his back. He hated to admit, however, if it weren't for Dianne's little skill, they would have never made it this far.

"I mean for real," she mended, pouting visibly.

"Mm," he muttered noncommittally. A thought occurred to him, something that made his lip curl.

Work.

If there was anything he hated more than fighting and training, it was keeping a job. His mother forced him into several small jobs back at home, but he'd never managed to keep a single one for the sake of his laziness. Still, he knew he could be reliable if he tried hard enough. But damn, damn, damn, it was a pain in the ass!

He sighed, almost as if gathering himself for what he was about to say next. Finally, after a few collective seconds in which Dianne immersed herself in the scenery, he said, "I'll have to get a job."

Dianne looked at him, eyes wide. Her mouth curled into a smile. She threw her chin into the crook of her arm to stifle loud giggles. "You?" she said. "You, Valian Oreno, working?"

He grimaced, showing that he hated the idea as much as she did. But really, constant travel? Fighting? Aching, blistery feet? Food rationing? Illness and insects? Man-eating spirits? Wasn't just staying alive throughout this entire journey work enough?

"You know Val," Dianne spoke up. "I'll just become a waitress or something. It'd a lot easier for me than you."

He peered at Dianne. She was a girl; it wouldn't feel right if she was out working while he stayed inside. "No, it's all right. You can get a job if you want but someone has to look after Renn and that's definitely you."

Dianne snorted. "Sho'll right."

The carriage rolled to a stop in front of a large, one-story building. It was the inn Valian was searching for. He nodded to the driver and climbed out, helping Dianne along, who carried Renn in her arms.

"How's Flower Boy holding up?" he asked, secretly longing to fall asleep again, too.

"Fine," was her monosyllabic response. Valian checked into the room, and frowned as he counted the change. "We'll rest for a bit," he told her. "But then I have to go search for a job. Soon."
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

♒ . DIANNE . ♒
Spoiler:

Dianne set Renn gingerly on one of the beds, then flopped down herself. The room was a quaint, cozy shelter composing of two beds and a patio viewing a soft-sanded beach. Bright sunshine fell into the room, illuminating everything in a sunny yellow glow.

"This place is gorgeous," she breathed. "Do you think the Fire Nation is as pretty as this?"

Valian ran a hand through his hair, taking in the view as well. "Maybe," he replied. "Maybe even prettier."

She nodded, liking the response. When she finally caught up to Noriaki, she was going to tell him everything. Especially about this place ... she missed her father. Valian had never met his. Reuniting with the two brothers was the sole purpose of this journey. They were going to finally find what they were missing.

Valian took a shower and headed out to find a job, leaving Dianne with Renn. She tested the bath, squealing when a steady stream of clear water flowed from the faucet. Dianne lit the fire beneath, warming the water to her desirable temperature. She made sure to wash her hair as well, indulging in the fresh, clean water.

She gave Renn a bath, too, careful pick out the cleanest clothes for him to dress in. He raced to the main room to play with the ball Valian bought for him at Omashu's market.

Dianne proceeded to do the laundry. It was pleasant to have hot, fresh water now instead of having to use the occasional river. She laughed when some suds drifted in her face, causing her to sneeze.

"Ayye, Rennie?" she called. "Wanna go play on the beach?"

"Yes!" Renn was in front of her in an instant, bouncing on the balls of his feet eagerly. "Come on, come on!"

"Here," Dianne handed him his swimming trunks, right out of the tub. It didn't matter that they were wet already, of course. She selected her own pink bathing suit -- something with decorative green trimming involved.

"Let's go play," she told him, smiling sweetly.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

♒ . VALIAN . ♒
Spoiler:

Valian slowly swaggered down the streets, mocha-colored eyes wandering from various merchant stands. He ignored the loud, tempting calls of the waremen, and focused instead on finding a local diner of some sort. He didn't bother to ask one of the salespeople; they'd only try to get him to purchase something.

Finding a tropical bar, he stepped inside. It was nice and cozy. The smell of fresh wood drifted all around him, intermingled with the scents of ash and bananas. He approached the counter. There, a woman with shoulder-length brown hair and curiously large eyes was wiping a glass. She stood among other bartenders, but she was the only one unoccupied.

"Escuse me, miss?" he asked. "Do you know where I can find any work? Temporarily?"

She regarded him for a moment, as if sizing him up. "You're a handsome fellow aren't you? How old are you?"

"Eighteen," he said.

"Well, if you'd like I can fill you in here. We need a handsome waiter, especially since this is the time most tourists would be spilling in. Shame you can't stay, though," she told him, voice trailing off a little mournfully.

"Well, my decision isn't definite. I have to let the boss know about'cha." She set the glass down and gave him a little poke in the shoulder. "Come back tomorrow, kay?"

Valian nodded and turned to leave. His slow gait allowed him to drift further into his thoughts. He'd gotten lucky. REAL lucky. But he couldn't get his hopes up yet. There was still a chance this so-called 'boss' wouldn't want him there. He'd be much better off in a dojo, doing something he actually enjoyed.

But something like that took time. He couldn't afford that, not when they were so close.

His head hurt. His feet and back ached. Yep, it was time to sit down.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 pm

♒ . RENN . ♒
Spoiler:

Renn giggled loudly. His mind was divided, caught between the cool liquidity of the water and the warm, sensual kisses of the sun. He waded in the shallow parts, searching for starfish underneath the water. Yenory waited for him on the sand. Yenory understood. She was patient. He smiled at her. Yenory smiled back.

Dianne was back-paddling not that far away ... she was so pretty. She liked the water just as much as he did. She was Normal. She didn't hear the voices of the plants and she couldn't alter the earth or make fire or even control the water that she loved so much -- but it didn't matter because he LOVED her!

He cupped the water and let it splash all around him. There was a forest here. The trees have been calling him all day. Frowning, he turned back to the water and tried to focus. he hoped the voiced wouldn't grow louder; Dianne would be angry if he wandered away.

Back at home he used to visit the forest all the time with Valian and Dianne, so the voices never really bothered him that much. He missed the old forest. All his friends were there. And these plants were just strangers that liked to scream and yell!

'Come! Come!' they called. 'I want to meet you! Come heal us. Doesn't our energy soothe you so?' Yenory's leaves would straighten slightly, as if reminding Renn to stay focused. If Dianne were here, she'd know what the vacant look in his eyes meant.

Renn filled his cheeks with water and spat it back out. He gagged -- it was nasty! Dianne started laughing. She had seen, but he caught a stern look in her eyes that told him to never do it again. He smiled. He remembered when he was little. Well, little-er, and he kept walking into the forest. He could never recall how he had gotten there, but once he had gotten lost and his big brothers Ramonne and Attel had to find him. His mother and Dianne had been so scared.

He didn't know Ramonne and Attel that well, so the plants had attacked when they came near, but Attel was an Earthbender and managed to get all three of them out safely. Ramonne never liked Renn since then, though.

Suddenly he felt himself being dragged out of the water and onto Dianne's shoulders. They spent the rest of the afternoon playing, with Dianne also trying to teach him how to swim. By the time he caught the hang of it, the sky was turning blood red, and Valian was lying on the shore.

Renn couldn't remember when he'd gotten there; he'd been having so much fun!

It had been hours since they'd entered the water. "I'm a prune!" Renn squealed, laughing maniacally as he stumbled ashore and fell on top of Valian. Valian was shirtless, and couldn't help but glare slightly as the cold shock woke him fully.

"Lazy," Dianne teased. "Did you find a job?"

Valian shrugged. "I'll find out tomorrow. For now we need baths. All of us."

Dianne nodded. "I can agree on that."

Renn can only smile, his eyes bright with happiness. "Guess what? Guess what?" he pestered Valian, tailing after him as he headed back to the inn. Yenory was warm in his arms.

"What?"

"I learned to doggie-paddle! I'm so good! And Dianne did a flip in the water! She went all the way under and made bubbles like this!" -- Renn blew out, as if imitating Dianne's little trick -- "See? See?"

Valian chuckled. "Yeah. Amazing ain't it?"

Dianne punched him in his arm, but it was at that moment Renn had never felt more complete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))   Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP )) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earth Kingdom: Kiyoshi Island - The Seventeen Scrolls (( plot RP ))
Page 1 of 1