Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Convening of the Council 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Convening of the Council I_vote_lcapThe Convening of the Council I_voting_barThe Convening of the Council I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Convening of the Council I_vote_lcapThe Convening of the Council I_voting_barThe Convening of the Council I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Convening of the Council

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

The Convening of the Council Empty
PostSubject: The Convening of the Council   The Convening of the Council I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 1:36 pm

”Times are changing. We can’t stand still while the world changes around us - it’s time for our passive nature to become active, time for us to show that the Earth Kingdom still has strength.”

The new Earth King, Lu Meleng, stood at the head of a rectangular table. The Council of Five, including Lu Meleng’s own replacement, sat around it. The last seat was filled by one of Lu Meleng’s personal advisors, a man named Laohung who was a master of the political movements of the world.

”Your majesty, perhaps now is not the time for aggressive action - instead we should be focussing on building up your image into a just and fair ruler,” Laohung said, drawing the gaze of all six military men. ”Perhaps instead we could hold a celebratory fair here in Ba Sing Se, and maybe, in time, we could find a suitable companion for Your Majesty. Your focus should be on providing a figurehead that the people can look up to, and establishing an heir to your legacy. The most import-”

He cut off as the ground beneath their feet began to shake. All eyes turned back to Lu Meleng, whose face was set in a stern look. The shaking stopped, and the Earth King let out a small sigh. ”This is not a time for me to increase my own popularity. That can come once our interests are secured - then, and only then, can we focus on more peaceful matters of state.”

The advisor bowed his head in submission to the words, and the Council of Five shifted nervously as they waited for the next words.

The Earth King paused for a moment, as if gathering his thoughts, before continuing. ”The Si Wong desert has been lawless for too long. The mere fact that the Sandbending Tribes enjoy such autonomy is a crime in and of itself - the citizens of our great Kingdom must follow the same rules, or chaos will surely descend. Of course, we will attempt a diplomatic approach at first,” he said, offering a concessionary nod towards his Advisor. ”But if that fails, we have no choice. I want each of you to draw up numbers - first, the number of soldiers that we have ready for action in our standing army. And, secondly, how many we can expect to draw from conscription. Yes, I will do whatever it takes,” he confirmed, eyes darting between the shocked looks of the Council before him. ”Any bender, no matter the element, over the age of fifteen will serve one year at His Majesty’s pleasure. For non-benders, the age will be eighteen. This is not a path I want to take, but I will if necessary.”

The six gathered members nodded, and gave off an air of conclusion - but the Earth King wasn’t finished yet.

”Laohung, I have a secondary task for you. I want you to scour the old texts, find the agreement with the Fire Nation on the transfer of the Kumamoto Province. The Empire of the Sun may hold them now, but that land belongs to the Earth Kingdom and always will. We will have our due, and I will make sure to collect. I will be travelling to Vermillion City to an audience with the Fire Lord-”

”The Emperor, your Majesty.”

The words came from the advisor, and Lu Meleng slowly turned his eyes upon him.

”Whatever he calls himself, he will hear what I have to say. When I return, I will meet with the Sandbender tribes - do not start conscription just yet, I will only use that as a last resort. Bring me the numbers before I leave tomorrow, and I will peruse them on my flight. This could well be the moment that brings glory back to our Kingdom, gentlemen - remember this day.”

And, with a wave of his monstrous arm, the meeting was concluded. The Council of Five and the Advisor rose silently from the chairs and filed out in procession, leaving the Earth King alone to brood on his orders.

War was coming, he could smell it - but the enemy had yet to be decided, it seemed.
Back to top Go down

The Convening of the Council
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Earth Kingdom :: Earth Kingdom :: Ba Sing Se :: Upper Ring :: Palace of the Earth King :: Earth King's Meeting Room-
Jump to: