Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Orami Mohanori 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Orami Mohanori I_vote_lcapOrami Mohanori I_voting_barOrami Mohanori I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Orami Mohanori

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Orami Mohanori Empty
PostSubject: Orami Mohanori   Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Spoiler:

|BASICS|
    Name: Orami Mohanori
    Birthplace: Fire Nation
    Current Residence: Ba Sing Se
    Element: none
    Pets: Flik (see his profile for the “details”).
    Weapons: none

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: 14th May 717YAFO
    Blood type: B+

Hobbies:

Music: Don’t you love it when your biggest hobby is also your job? Orami loves everything about music. Singing it, playing it, dancing to it, writing it, performing it. What’s not to like anyways? To her people who don’t like music are either a): boring or b): grouches. Orami doesn’t really have a favourite music type, or band or style. So long as the song is any good and well performed within the limitations of its genre she’ll love it. This open mindedness combined with the wealth of different musical styles out there and her own search for new things means that music always delights her with new discoveries.

Drawing: There’s a reason she makes her living with music and not painting/drawing. Despite not being very good at it she gives it her best though. That counts for something right?

Meditation: Does this really count as a hobby? I’m not so sure. Orami doesn’t derive any particular pleasure from the act, but she finds it soothing to just sit down and do nothing for a while. Just think. As such she does it as often as she can.

Reading: Girl loves to read. Doesn’t matter what the thing’s about so long as it’s any good.

Quirks:

Orami never has any idea of what to do with her hands when they’re idle. Ever. That’s why she always strives to have something to toy with, be it a lock of her hair, an instrument, a pen, a piece of paper. Just Gods let it be something. Anything.

She always keeps the sheet on which she scribbled her first original song on her person. She hates the song itself, but she does consider it a good reminder of how far she’s come and how much she’s progressed. Whenever she feels bad about herself she’ll pop it out and give it a read. To this days he considers that song to be her worst creation.

Family: Her father Kitaro Mohanori, aged 47, a successful merchant in the Earth Kingdom and a citizen of the Fire Nation. Her mother Umimitsu Mohanori, aged 48, wife of Kitaro Mohanori and a citizen of the Earth Kingdom. Her brother Riru Kitaro, aged 23, heir to the family business. Her little sister Kyoni Kitaro, aged 16, a student.

Character Theme: I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman-The Baseballs (Originally by Britney Spears)

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: Her long black hair falls under her shoulder blades when untied and it has a soft silvery sheen to it which makes it seem lighter than it really is when hit by light. She usually keeps her locks unbound and parted to the right. When working or exercising she always ties it up in a high ponytail to keep it from falling in her face.

Eyes: bleached grey-blue, like the skies of the Fire Nation island coasts as a clear noon turns into a stormy afternoon. Hooded and sultry, they sparkle with the childish innocence she has yet to lose (whoa I felt particularly inspired for this one didn’t I?).

Height: 5ft4inches

Clothes: What Orami wears really depends on the day, her mood and what she ate the night before. In short it’s pretty unpredictable. It is usually pretty simple though, if a little outlandish. This mostly has to do with her habit of mixing and matching clothes from all over the world to make something that suits her tastes. This can range from basic working clothes to the most stylish of party dresses.

Skin: A 20 year old girl who has never been in combat and has not done all that much manual labour in her life so… yeah. Pretty much unblemished skin, with a very light tan, masking her naturally pale tone. She does have what one could call a beauty mark on her lower left back.

Body Type: Pretty thin. She keeps fit but she’s never really done any intense workouts. She’s a little on the lean side I guess, of average build with no particular muscle definition and fully developed curves (she’s past that pesky thing known as puberty so that’s to be expected).

Image:

Spoiler:

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality:

Orami is essentially the classic definition of upbeat. She always looks happy; a genuine smile is never far from her lips. She’s not the type of person to linger on her problems or on the bad side of things. She always strives to see that silver lining in any situation. Her good cheer is so strong it becomes contagious. Incredibly composed and at her core surprisingly courageous, very little manages to faze her. Even when shaken she always tries to bounce back to her normal cheerful self. And in a way that says a lot about her. She’s not good at handling negative emotions and so she employs humour and happiness as a defence mechanism to shield herself from harm. Cool as that may sound it’s not healthy and she’s got a lot of pent up emotions inside her, the presence of which she refuses to acknowledge.

Possessing a strong moral compass which was instilled in her by her parents from a young age, Orami is always ready to come to the help of her fellow man (or woman). She is capable of going out of her way to help complete strangers. This side of her is thankfully tempered by a deep set practicality, taught to her by her father. She always makes sure she can afford to help others before she does so, and that has saved her form ruin many a time.

Few people are as patient as Orami is. Sure she can get frustrated and annoyed, but she doesn’t show it. She keeps her cool, no matter what the situation is. It’s allowed her to stay on top of possibly dangerous situations in the past and is one of her greatest assets. Even when terrified she remains centred. As a general rule she doesn’t let herself panic. As stated before she’s very good at bottling or ignoring negative emotions. She experiences them, but she doesn’t allow them to surface and dominate her mind.

At heart she is a free spirited young lady and she has a very strong stubborn streak in her. When she sets her mind on to something she will try it out even if others advise her against it. Her type of stubbornness isn’t confrontational though, she won’t argue with the people who warn her that her plans are unwise. Instead she will thank them for their concern and tell them that she’ll consider their arguments. And then she’ll completely ignore what they said and do what she wanted to do in the first place. As mentioned before though she is a practical person, and that means that she is capable of realising when one of her experiments is going to badly backfire, in which case she will back away. She does have to come to that realisation herself though.

I guess that last particular trait implies another one. She likes to try things out for herself rather than hear about them from others. She keeps an open mind about everything and her strong, almost childlike curiosity drives her to have something of a constant urge to experiment and innovate.

Her working hours are pretty ridiculous. She never starts before the mid-evening and she rarely stops until the early morning. Sometimes she even plays all throughout the night. Despite this fairly unusual schedule she always tries to grab at least eight hours of sleep a day, meaning that she rarely is up in the morning. She likes her sleep, and when she doesn’t get enough she’s liable to be quite a bit crankier than usual. A tired Orami is highly unresponsive and prone to grumbling and mumbling when bothered.

Personal Strengths:

Charming personality: Yes that is actually a strength. As it turns out you’re far less likely to get in trouble with people if you’re capable of being a nice person. Given that Orami is incapable of defending herself this particular trait of hers is quite useful.

Shrewd: Orami is far more street smart than her appearance would lead one to believe. She knows people are capable and willing to deceive you and cheat you out of your wealth. Her sharp mind and quick wits allows her to counter such charlatans without having to rely on intimidation (which she is incapable of) or brute strength (which she doesn’t have).

Patience: She is capable of incredible feats of patience when necessary. Very little phases her and getting her angry is nigh on impossible. She always keeps her cheery demeanour no matter what.

Personal Weaknesses:

No bending: Orami comes from a family of non-benders and she is no different. She can’t bend even the tiniest of sparks even if she tried.

No combat capabilities: None at all. She could barely lift a weapon if she tried, and she has no idea how to use one anyway. In all out combat she is a liability.

Impulsive: Orami is still young and that is plainly obvious in her impulsiveness, aggravated by her strong moral compass but thankfully tempered by her common sense. She will try to step in and help when something morally questionable is going on, but she is also capable of backing down from lost causes.

No Sense Of Direction: she couldn’t find her way out of a telephone booth even with a map of the place. Needless to say for her getting lost is not unusual. She’s shown up late for work more than once.

Hamartia: Defenceless: she is pretty much defenceless on her own. She can talk herself out of most troublesome situations, but if someone was hell bent on killing her she is an easy target. When Orami gets in a conflict she does what she can to stop it peacefully, but there will always be people out there for whom the peaceful option is not an option at all. Faced with such people Orami is toast.

Personal Hero:none

Dreams and Ambitions: To move up from small gigs.

Dislikes: lack of sleep, coffee, brutes, ruffians, charlatans, repetition, inactivity.

Brief History:

Orami was born in the Fire Nation, her parents having hidden out in Kitaro’s homeland during the Ullondorian crusade. The first seven years of her life were spent there, in a small village of the Vermillion Empire mainland. Those years were absurdly simple, practically taken out of your textbook happy family story. She and her older brother, and later younger sister got along about as well as siblings that age do (that is to say a lot of teasing and fighting was going on but deep down they loved each other). She went to school like all the other kids and while she wasn’t a particularly brilliant student she did well enough to mosey on along with her life without a care in the world.

Eventually her father decided (with good reason) that there were better business opportunities to be ha in Ba Sing Se than in a small village in the Vermillion Empire. And so Kitaro moved his entire family from his hometown to his wife’s homeland. Orami didn’t really mind the change all that much, sure she was sad to leave her school, her friends and her home behind, but she was excited to go somewhere new and to experience new things. Her innate curiosity overcame her sadness. And so the Mohanori family arrived in their new home, nestled in the mid ring of Ba Sing Se and set above Kitaro’s new store.

Things changed surprisingly little for Orami after the move. It was a new school, new friends, a new home and a new city but her routine remained pretty much the exact same. She tried to help out at the store, but her father didn’t want her or her helping him, not because he thought she would be bad at it, but because she was (and still is) a girl. Now would be a good time to mention that Kitaro is either a very chivalrous or very old fashioned macho sexist man, depending on how you look at things. He firmly believes that any self-respecting man ought to make sure women don’t need to do any ‘real’ work. As such he never allowed Orami to help at the store back then. She was too young at the time to be at the register, and helping out with the physical part of the job was out of the question. As such Orami had quite a bit of free time seeing as she was still a little young to be going out with her friends in the evening and her father didn’t want her in the shop. To occupy her time she started to get interested in the arts. Writing, drawing and most predominantly music.

Her love of music truly began when she found an old pipa in the unpacked boxes. As it turns out it had belonged to her mother and Umimitsu was more than happy to teach her daughter what she knew of playing the instrument. Orami learned quickly, turning out to be a quick study. Of course a natural gift is nothing without the work to back it up and so she worked at it tirelessly. Her discovery of the pipa was like the tipping of the first domino. She kept trying out new instruments and means of playing music, and eventually she tried her hand at singing. As it turned out she had a solid, if untrained singing voice. In this though Umimitsu was incapable of helping her daughter. Kitaro however, was overjoyed to find that his daughter had found what he considered to be “a pursuit worthy of a woman’s attention” and he fully backed her in her endeavour to become a better musician. He paid for lessons in various instruments, in singing and in music writing.

At school Orami’s discovery of her talents didn’t go unnoticed. She joined both the choir and the school band, or rather she was signed up for both of these by her dad. Truth be told sge wasn’t very fond of either group. The choir was obsessed with arcane singing and nothing but arcane singing and the school band was obsessed with nationalist anthems and nothing but nationalist anthems. Now as mentioned before Orami doesn’t really dislike any particular type of music, but what she does hate is repetition and being stuck doing only one thing. As such she the only reason she stayed with the choir and school band was to please her dad whom, for all his shortcomings, she loved and respected.

Orami’s school life both before and after she started studying music was pleasant. She was always a fairly good student thanks to her sharp mind and love of reading, but she was held back by two things. One her passion for music meant her other hobbies took, and are still stuck in the backseat. Secondly Orami hates studying. She doesn’t like actually having to sit down and being forced to take in specific information because a teacher told her to do so. What she loves about reading and learning as a hobby is the freedom she has to explore whatever topic she wants, being forced to focus on a single thing doesn’t sit well with her.

Time passed and like every teenager Orami’s mind eventually turned to love. Her first real fling happened when she was sixteen. It Was a brief thing with a boy two years her senior. He left her when he graduated and moved away from Ba Sing Se, leaving a broken hearted Orami. Looking back she often laughs at this moment, able to recognise that her infatuation was little more than a childish infatuation. Still, at the time she didn’t benefit from the wisdom of hindsight, and so her emotional pain was very real. Nothing her family said made things better, and eventually, desperate to find an outlet, she began writing. Childish as her situation may have been it produced something good. Her first piece of original music. It was no great symphony, just a corny love song. But hey, everyone’s got to start somewhere right? That first song was the only one of her creations that she personally dislikes, but she always keeps the sheet on which it is written on her person, like a keepsake.

From being in both the school band and choir she’s had a chance to perform  in front of crowds, but never one so big (or so rowdy) as the one at the Hounds Pit bar in Ba Sing Se. That was when she was eighteen. Her first performance in front of people who were neither school parents of students. She was nervous of course, but she never let her nerves overcome her, and she got through the night with no major incidents. She’d gotten the gig through one of her dad’s contacts, but she kept it thanks to her own skills.

The job paid surprisingly well and Orami promptly moved out of the family home. Her father didn’t approve, “no woman should live by herself” he kept repeating, but his attitude was one of the reasons why Orami wanted to move out. She loved her dad, she loved him dearly, but sometimes his antiquated views got on her nerves.

Since moving out her life has changed very little. She sleeps in well into the afternoon and then she emerges, doing whatever she feels like until her work hours start at night, and then she works until the early morning, sometimes all throughout the night.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Orami Mohanori Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orami Mohanori   Orami Mohanori I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com

Orami Mohanori
Page 1 of 1