Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTaking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_voting_barTaking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTaking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_voting_barTaking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Taking Control [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:35 am

As an assassin with a long career to his name Garajao had been up against a plethora of opponents. Some had been benders, some had not. A few had been skilled many had not. Needless to say he recognised a dark bender as soon as the bastard walked in, and not a normal one either, a very good one. Unnaturally good. Was this guy even human?

The room was pitch black. Damn. Preparation was an assassin's greatest friend. With the right level of it one could go through any job with ease, and as it turned out he had not prepared for a dark bender's attack. He hadn't prepared for much at all actually, no human should have been able to handle the gases downstairs for more than a few seconds. None. At the back of his mind he could practically hear Gansral's disappointed lecture about constant vigilance and expecting the unexpected. The ageing assassin master would have been prepared for this. Alas Garajao was no Gansral, no assassin quite matched that stubborn old man. The fault was his, he'd been outplayed and outdone, still he couldn't help but think that a single flash bang, just one, would have been enough. What had been his excuse for not taking one? Weight? Cost? More likely it was stupidity.

As the darkness solidified around him he resigned himself to his fate. It didn't matter anyway, the mark had been removed form existence... Wait. The mark! That was the key!

But what is this, that I can't see
with ice cold hands taking hold of me

As the song's lyrics drifted through his mind he sent all of his consciousness into the dead man, his soul and mind moving through the air, but undetectable by any means. As his consciousness took control of innkeeper's body he spun around, knife in hand. The dark bender was well into the room by now, and Garajao squeezed every last ounce of strength form his new body, spinning around and stabbing at the bender in barely a split second. He was dead either way, this vessel was too damaged for his skill level and his original body was going to be killed by this bastard, but at least he'd try to go out in style.

----------------------------------------

Seishukei had noticed the girl walk in with her sword. He could see her despite the darkness thanks to the light from the open door, and the way she moved was both too steady to be one of these idiotic hired hands, and too unsteady and unsure to be one of the assassins. He tapped Kokkari who was posted beside him on the hip, pointed at the girl and silently mimed the idea of a pincer attack. She nodded once to express her understanding, and they moved at her, arcing around to be able to attack from either side.

Seishukei got to her first, but as he approaches her she kicked out but he leant back in time, just avoiding the heel of her bare foot. Wait, bare foot?

"Clever girl," he rasped as he realised she was using earth bending to sense vibrations around her. A savage jab at thin air followed the kick, missing him by much. "But not clever enough," he adds, recognising the earth bending move for what it is and delivering a roundhouse kick meant to slam into the side of her face, intended to smash her mask apart and expose her to the cocktail of chemicals swirling in the air.

On the opposite side of the girl he noticed that Kokkari was holding back, waiting for the moment when she'd be needed before making her move.

-----------------

Senjiin had been glued in place. He didn't have much of a choice in the matter. The girl underneath him had stopped moving, but he didn't trust her.

"You seem tense mister thief," she whispered to him all of a sudden. He could hear the raggedness of her breath in her voice, as well as the thinly veiled moans of pain that started and ended as mere vibrations in her chest. "Are things not going as you planned?"

"You sound surprisingly calm and serene for someone who's being held hostage and was stabbed in the foot. Also way too loquacious," he added a little more sharply than intended. He didn't mind her talking, so long as she stood still.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just sad that some people are so desperate they turn to this kind of activity to survive," she replied, still in that lightly quavering voice. The assassin had to say he was more than a little surprised by the honesty of her tone. He was usually good at reading people, and as far as he was concerned she was speaking only the truth.

"We don't all do this to just scrape by," Senjiin replied, keeping an eye on the girl who had just walked in. It was painfully obvious that she wasn't with them, he couldn't remember any of the hired hands wearing those clothes, or swords. He trusted his comrades to take her down though. "Some of us enjoy the act, some of us enjoy the extra disposable income and some have even stranger motivations."

"Wealth isn't the only thing you need to survive in life mister Assassin. Humans need more than just coins. Not all of you are desperate for material wealth, but all of you are desperate for some sort of wealth," she replied gently. Her words were a little too close to home for his comfort, and what the hell was he doing anyway, he wasn't going to let her psycho-analyse him.

---------------

"Base is dirty? It's fine, Zei'll clean up. The armoury's all messed up? Yeah no worries Zei will handle it. Lights go out at the inn where we're holding everyone at sword point in a mysterious fashion eerily reminiscent of most horror stories? Sure whatever, send Zei,"the assassin grumbled to himself as he walked towards his objective.

He was quite sick of being the group's manservant. Well that wasn't his official title. He was an apprentice assassin, brought along to be shown the ropes, but the way the others treated him made him feel more like a maid and less like an assassin. He was eighteen, he was ready to kill his first man, he was ready for some real responsibility. Hell he'd go off right now and do something really important and cool, except he had no idea what that would be, so he moseyed on to the fuelling room, creeping along, but he found nothing, and eventually made it to the master switch and pulled it back in its normal position. As he did the great machinery began to rumble to wakefulness and the lights began flashing back on.

"That should satisfy these ungrateful imbeciles," he grumbled as he made his way back to the main foyer, wiping condensation from his mask's goggles and left the room.
---------------

"Wealth isn't the only thing you need to survive in life mister Assassin. Humans need more than just coins. Not all of you are desperate for material wealth, but all of you are desperate for some sort of wealth."

"Says the performer to the thief," his tone was now no longer unintentionally sharp, it was full on biting and she could see that she had hit a nerve. She wasn't trying to unnerve him or annoy him, but she'd never had the opportunity to speak with an outlaw before, this could be interesting even if she was having to fight hard not to be overwhelmed by the throbbing pain that was shooting up and down her leg. "You singers and actors are the greatest attention whores out there girl. You're in no position to judge or to lecture."

"I'm not judging you, I'm only trying to understand you. And it's because I know exactly how it feels to crave for a little attention that I can recognise you're the same" once again she could feel his grip soften ever so lightly in surprise at her honesty, but then grip her arms even harder, once again she'd hit the sweet spot. She just wished he was more receptive to what she was saying, it wasn't good to deny your own nature.

"Yeah, well shut up," and that was that, but she knew what she'd said would be going around in his head for a while. People rarely came to agree with you during a conversation, instead it took time for the idea that their pride was getting in the way of accepting a perfectly good point

---------------------------------

There was a short pause before she spoke again.

"You're not going to kill anyone are you?" she asked in a voice that was very quiet and sounded very scared. "These people didn't do anything to deserve dying."

"One day you'll learn that you death isn't something you earn, it's something you learn to expect," he hadn't wanted to talk to her, but the sudden fear in her voice made him feel for her just a bit. "You simply learn to accept that one day you'll die. But no. We don't plan on killing anyone."

"You're lying aren't you?"

"Yes," and from that point on she was quiet. As stopped talking the lights flickered back on in the entire inn, suddenly inundating the whole place in light, and blinding everyone that had been getting used to the darkness.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Nehima
Administrator
Administrator
Nehima

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 pm

I stop in hesitation. That's the biggest mistake I could possibly do though. I feel the assassin’s weapon carve my waste and bellow quietly from pain. I knee and I'm assured that that's my end- even though my spirit wants to punch and kick- I feel weak mentally. I can't explain why, but I can't handle my inner self. I’m confused and trapped in my doubts.

All of a sudden, I feel there's someone else around. Another woman is hiding in the shadows. I wave my hand in desperation and stand on my feet firmly. I move my leg as if from instinct and the same time, my hand moves to the side of the door. I feel it and soon, I can hear it tremble even more. I remove it from the wall and I throw it with all the power I gather on the assassin standing on my back.

I feel shocked when I reconsider what I just did. For a moment, I lost in doubts and disbelief, and the next one, I find out I’m a metal bender… Anyone else in my position would be totally amazed and delighted. Not that I can’t feel my mind blowing out of happiness, but it’s normal to me since my mother and father were also skilled earth benders. That reminds me of my tough childhood, and my after life and marriage. Any attempt to block the thoughts and memories invading into my mind and conscious, is vain in this situation.

I can almost see flashback of what I’ve gone through and that makes me shiver in fear. My strict father that wanted me as well as mother to become a well-managed, soft-spoken, young lady! I recall the sunny days Doku and I used to walk in the busy streets of Omashu, hand by hand. I was free to do what I wanted then… I didn’t need to hide my identity nor think of what anybody else might say.

Then my father decided to “destroy my life” and arranged a marriage between me and the prince of Omashu. That damn man stole from me every single bit of my happiness. Prince Sukita or however he was called…I shiver feeling his cold hands on me so real even now. Doku was banished…I was buried in deep sorrow. A part of me followed him in the desert, under the burning sun. My hope was banished that day too.

Out of the blue, I remember how he was laying on the marble floor of the palace, under his lifeless body, a little pond of blood. I had gone through many feelings in my life, but no regret. When I saw him, I felt no pain…no sadness… My tears were already drained. The only thing left inside me was a chaotic emptiness. Nobody ever accused those people for killing him. Even I accepted the fact this man had to die for the good of the society. They wanted a Queen to rule. They wanted her to be me. They didn’t know though, they would take from me the only thing I desperately wanted always and fought for, my freedom! A queen in our days can’t rule on her own. There would be an arranged marriage possibly with someone wealthy and important in community. I couldn’t stand nothing like this once again…I left leaving behind their ambitious plans for me.

Becoming a swordfighter changed my mind when I was supposed to become a well-managed lady. Becoming earth bender reinforced my desire for independence. My new skill, made it clear I belonged in the fighting crew, not the one sitting on a throne, waiting things to be done by others…

When I woke up from my split-second-flashback I found myself in the exact same position as before. It was like travelling to the spirit world to me, but the time didn’t seem to have past.

Determinedly, I turn around and this time sensing my gift growing inside me, I attempt to drag close enough, anything useful made by metal. I breathe slowly and do my best to visualize the area around me with my eyes closed. I notice there are some stairs leading up to the VIP mezzanine just to the right of the entrance that have a metal railing.

It takes me longer than I thought it would, to move it the slightest bit but of course, that's my first attempt in metal bending and I'm unsure and overwhelmed my mixed feelings that disturb my mind. Toph’s first students were able to move only earth kingdom coins in their first attempt besides, I recall smirking. My mother had told me more than I thought for bending. But her skills were useless after being the fleet Commander’s vulnerable wife for so many years… (Which thing she didn’t want to be in the first place.)

When I get to banish all of the thoughts off my mind and concentrate on the metal, I make one even more important discovery. It’s earth! In fact, I can visualize tiny particles of earth in its most purified and refined form. I feel amazed and excited but I keep my mind focused on what I’m doing. I finally manage to slowly drag them off their position and bring them close to me. As soon as I complete what I fought so hard for, I use two long pieces of it to grab the other assassins’ legs and waste keeping him grounded on the earth. [Attempt]

The lights go on suddenly even though a dark mist is wavering still around. I blink but the sudden change of light makes my eyes fill in tears. I take off the mask and lower my body covering my face with my hands. I know I might be victimized this way, but I have chances and I know it well. I'm a bender, and I'm armed well for the circumstances. I know what I have to face, but they don't...

Do I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Upon capturing the assassin that would have attempted to attack Kye, he instantly thought of moving the door aside then dealing a quick killing blow. Yet as the thought crossed his mind...

Enoch...His son...

His eye's, hidden because his sunglasses looked towards the ground for a moment as he remembered why he went to this Inn in the first place. His training took over so fast he almost completely forgot that he came here because he wanted to relax. Sometimes there was just no rest for a soldier was there?
Kye remembered saying he didn't want his son to become a killer like he was. If Enoch though were to want to follow in his fathers footsteps...Couldn't he maybe make an attempt at least at not being a killer?

Kye didn't know that Garajao would attempt to transfer his soul to the dead body and he never would.
The moment he solidified Garajao, rather then throw the door aside and ram a blade into him, instead he shot his hand forward like a bullet and perfectly placed his fist on the side of the mans head where it would knock him unconscious in an instant.
His spirit would not transfer, and he would not have to go out in a bang.
Kye would then bend the darkness around him and make the man's body float towards him and turn around. He pulled out a small pin from his belt and gently pushed it into the back of the man's neck. Garajao would feel like he was going to sleep, like someone injected you with an instant acting sedative. The pin was inserted into a section of his spinal column that if blocked with cause him to lose consciousness. He would remain asleep until someone pulled it out.
After this whole robbery was over with, the authorities would be able to find it upon arresting him.
The dead body should fall to the ground by now as Kye used the darkness to gently set Garajao down on the ground before releasing him from his frozen state.

Now that Garajao would remain asleep from here on in, Kye's body vanished into the darkness like a ghost. His cloaking ability in darkness that made him invisible in the dark was one of his greatest techniques as an assassin. Yet in order to stop all of these men at once, he would have to do something much larger, something that would make all the assassin's know there was a dark bender in this darkness.
It was right around the time when the 18 year old assassin just touched the doorknob of the employee's only door that Kye rushed out of the back stage area.
Many people were able to rush out of the Inn due to the darkness, yet most of them were starting to fall asleep now and the men could only start going to work on looting once the lights were turned back on.

When he came out, he could see most of the assassin's, yet he couldn't count everyone in yet.
Looking up at the stage he saw the woman was still being held hostage, yet above her, on the ceiling were plenty frames that were holding up the ceiling. Since he was surrounded in darkness he could quite literally just bend the dark around him and make himself float up into the air. He flew up, took hold of a thick fuel wire and pulled himself up and perched on one of the ceiling frames.

He could see everyone from up here, yet he did not quite see the kid the walked into the employee's only room just as Kye got up.

Kye Jensen, a master of dark bending saw everyone still trying to navigate through the darkness, everyone was within his site, and therefore...

He lifted both his hands up, opened his fingers, then suddenly, around every single assassin in the entire the darkness around them would completely solidify and they would all be stopped in there tracks. This included the man holding Orami which would therefore give her the chance to escape, the ones Luna would fight, every single assassin. Since they were surrounded in the black just like the Assassin leader was, there would be no escape physically speaking. They would all simply be apprehended. It was large scale dark bending ability that would no doubt let everyone know that there was a dark bender in there midst. Yet it would matter little now.

This robbery was over...

"This robbery is over, you're all going to stay like this until authorities arrive!!!" Kye announced to all the assassins. From where he was they might know that he was on the ceiling since his voice would be coming from above. Yet in all this blackness it was unlikely they'd be able to pin point his location.

Now that they all were captured, Kye could begin calling the Earth Nation police service over.
Just before he was going to head down though, he saw one of the lanterns slowly begin to light up...

Kye's eye's narrowed at the site, he got everyone, he knew he did. Yet he must have just missed someone going into the fueling room. His teeth grit together and growled under his breath for a moment.
His hands relaxed although he still held them as he knew his control would be gone from them soon.
As the lights slowly began to brighten up the Inn again, the solid darkness around everyone would slowly begin to soften. in the few seconds it would take for the lights to turn back on, the assassin's would be able to move again once they were fully on.

Looks like this was going to become difficult...

Kye quickly pulled out a knife and sliced the thick fuel line that was below him, cutting off one of the lines of lights that would darken the place a little, sorta like adding a dim shadow over everything. It would have to do.

He had only 2 seconds left before the rest of the lights would come back on, and he needed to get these people out or else the assassin's would just hold them hostage and Kye wouldn't be able to do anything.

Yet with only 2 seconds...

It was going to have to be crude but...

Although two seconds were left, darkness was still surrounding everyone, while Kye could use those two seconds to deal with the assassin's, he knew that if something went wrong that he would have no fighting chance with all these people around. So he did what was probably the worst way to get these people out.

He focused about 90% of his bending strength to wrapping every single patron of this entire Inn in solid darkness, sorta like wrapping them all in shells, it only took a second by itself, yet the next part would be the crude part.

He quite literally would "throw them out" as it took almost all his bending strength to just lift them all up into the air a little, and shoot the entire crowd out the front door. It was like an avalanche of people all tumbling out the front door, and some out the closed windows. Some people even rammed through walls. The avalanche of black shells with people inside even hit a few people that were still a little close to the doors.
The shells around them would shield them from breaking any bones or being physically injured, yet getting rocked around like that would cause injury. He knew that, yet he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. There would be injury, some concussions, perhaps even a coma or two. He wished he could have done it better but he didn't have a choice in the matter.

He felt a wave of exhaustion hit him as a result. It wasn't big since he just had to throw everyone out the door. Yet he had to move, now.

The lights would now be fully lit up, with a slight shade around everything since one of the light lines were cut.
He was right above the man that had held Orami hostage. Weather she got away or not was up to her.
Kye would lastly proceed to pull out a small throwing knife and throw it hilt side towards the back of the mans neck which would knock him unconscious were it to connect.
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:22 am

"Welp, this is problematic," Seishukei grumbled as he found himself wrapped in steel bonds. Some days he really wished he'd payed more attention to those who'd told him he should train his metal bending. Thankfully none of them were ever alone. Kokkari had his back. Except she didn't have her own back apparently, as the darkness around them turned cold and... hard?
----------------------

Senjiin was known by his comrades as a pretty stalwart dude, not exactly laid back, but in a state of mind where nothing seemed all that important, but even he was bothered by his current predicament. He couldn't move an inch, the shadows had grown heavy and solid and he couldn't seem to wade through them, thankfully his hostage wasn't going anywhere.
-----------------------

Orami would have loved to get up and run. She'd manage to sense her captor tensing up considerably, from his grip around her hair and his knee digging into her back, it all spoke of him being incapacitated in some way. The only problem was he had a knife to her throat and his body was positioned in such a way that she couldn't move without rubbing her throat right against the sharp edge. If anything without her captor's help she was in even more discomfort and danger than before. If her neck's muscles gave out her throat would slam straight into the knife, and that'd be the end of that. Cold sweat began creeping down her forehead as she fought to remain away from the blade.

------------------------

Unlike the rest of his comrades Taichii wasn't panicking. He had a plan. He could recognize the influence of a fellow dark bender easily, he could also recognize that he was outmatched in terms of raw power. That meant he was out of the equation, and that the darkness was more dangerous to the operation than him being useless.

He'd never liked Akkani, she was pompous and generally a real pain in his back. Plus she was a stupid light bender. But today, well today was a good day for them to work together. The lights were coming back on, and he accelerated the softening of the shadows around Akkani with his bending. He was unable to free her completely, the other dark bender was too strong, but he could give her enough wiggle room for her to do her thing.
-------------------------

A dark bender. How quaint, and in this case when she said quaint she meant annoying and disgusting. But he wouldn't be a pain much longer, as the lights crept back on she could sense the dark bindings holding her weaken more and more. As the bodies were flung out of the inn she was free enough to move her hands in a single simple motion. Light didn't just reappear, it quite literally flooded the room. Every inch of the place was bathed in light.

The black form of their opponent on the ceiling was quite obvious to spot now. Akkani smiled beneath her mask. Killing dark benders was fun. Two of her comrades flanked her, readying themselves for battle.
--------------------------

Senjiin's dark shackles gave way to the light and he regained his calm, cold demeanor. He heard the rustle of cloth as something was thrown and he grabbed his hostage's shoulder, rolling both of them out of the way while at the same time punching and kicking two fireballs out at the ceiling, in the general direction of the noise. When he landed the girl was on top of him and his knife was still against her throat, he wasn't holding her anymore, but that wasn't important, any movement and she'd open her own throat. This wasn't about getting loot anymore. This was about surviving until the extraction team got here.

"I don't want to kill you, so stay put," he growled into her ear. It was true, he had no intention of killing her, they weren't murderers, they were assassins. Precision tools used to slice out singular targets. He would protect the hostage as best as he could
--------------------------

The sudden movement dizzied Orami considerably, without any way to see what was going on she only felt a rough grip on her shoulder and then the unmistakable feeling of turning around and around in the air. When the movement stopped she could still feel the cold metal on her neck. Her leg was sending burning pulses of pain up her entire body, and she could only grit her teeth and hope it'd eventually pass. And that the wound wouldn't get infected. That'd be nice too.

From the relative softness of what she was lying on now she could only guess that her captor was under her. Using her as a meat shield? Or was it just a way to tell whatever threat had caused him to move that the hostage was in danger? Either way this was more comfortable than being pressed into the floor, even if the various leather pouches dug sharply into her back, so really she wasn't going to complain.

"Gee, you're not even going to start by buying me a drink?" she whispered through teeth gritted in pain.
-------------------------

Kodlak was one of the two who had rushed to Akkani's side, the other was Kadlok. The twin brothers synchronized perfectly. The latter of the two used the water from the bar, slamming it at the opponent, the liquid reaching its target a split second after Senjiin's projectiles. The former of the twins delayed his own volley of fireballs so that they reached the target just as the water fell away.

The technique was developed so as to hit and damage their opponents without burning down anything. The twins had spent many years practicing the exact timing of it for maximum damage tot he target and minimum collateral.
---------------------------

Kokkari didn't waste any second after being free from the darkness, she rushed at the kid with the sword, her own weapon in hand. She delivered a wide roundhouse kick aimed at the girl's face, before following up the strike with a quick stab aimed at her chest. She was angry, all the money had been swept out of the inn, the plan was in shambles and the extraction team was still not here. This was going very wrong very fast.

----------------------------
Up in the in owner's study Garajao was dead. As he'd been laid to the ground his jaw had been forced shut the weight of his body against the ground, cracking open the capsule of poison he always kept on his person. It was a precaution he always took. He knew too much to trust himself to survive through captivity.
Back to top Go down
Nehima
Administrator
Administrator
Nehima

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:08 pm

I feel relief, finally this is over! I think for a moment. Things get complicated though...I feel the darkness getting solid around, a split second before everyone is thrown to our side I fall down to cover my self, and lose control for a moment leaving the metal grip on the man assassin. I don't leave this sudden fact to disturb be longer though, I finish grounding him, and turn to face the woman coming to my side. I can clearly see around me now, though I always close my eyes while bending.

Light is on again and with the edje of my eyes, I caught the glimse of a man on the ceiling dressed in black. He seemed to fight against the assassins. Maybe an ally I wondered, and kept moving towards the woman. She kicked me on the face with a so sudden move, I couldn't predict. I blamed my self for loosing my concentration, and when she treid to stab me, I blocked her with my right leg knocking her back the same time. I stood on my feet, and with some fast moves of my hands, I attempted to bend the metal of the room's water pipes. I slowly managed with a lot of effort, toget the ripped of their place and hit her on the stomach with one piece of them throwing her down. I tried to bend the metal so it would wrap around her.

I wished this was enough for now, and that the others would be controlable from that mysterious dark bender man. I felt weak and leaned on a wall. It was too much for a day...Way to much than I expected I would do in my whole life... I saw some assassins attacking him. He should be tired for using his powers so greatfully...He was truly mysterious, as if we wasn't a human... I walked towards them throwing pieces of pipes on them. I wouldn't stand for long...

Meanwhile, I felt something cold under my feet and stood surprised for a moment that I haven't noticed how the room had flooded with the pipe's water...Was I so weakened?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:04 am

(OOC: Yo, just putting up that reserve post. Sorry it's been taking me so long, expect this to be edited to a full post by Wednesday)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:57 am

A sharp inhale entered Kye lungs as he saw the bright wave of light begin to try and engulf the entire Inn.
Light Vs Dark Bending was like a battle of Oil Vs Water, both never touched, yet one could overpower the other. Light and Dark was Yin Vs Yang. Both were in controlled in almost the exact same way, expect Dark bender's were generally more about smoke and mirrors and hidden attacks, at least the good Dark bender's were taught, yet Light bending was all about flashy and heavy attacks, yet both side could be used in either way.

If Kye let this place get engulfed in pure Light then he would be through, nothing would stop the woman from doing what he did to all of them.
Yet not only did he have to worry about that, he could see two men getting ready for an attack which at the time he could see the element, however he notice the alcohol bottles and water ripple.
He didn't have time to look down at the man he threw the knife at, yet the blazing sound of fire crackling and singing a song of destruction was enough. It sounded like it wasn't going to hit him directly, but fire had a spread, and that was all it would take for Kye when it came to fire.

For any normal person, this would be overwhelming, a heavy attack like this wouldn't come without some kind of damage. Yet Kye's eye's were sharp and his reflexes were quicker then all other's.

First thing was first, that Light was his main enemy right now, he knew he'd risk getting hit by the water and fire, yet if he didn't stop that light he knew this would be over.
To test her strength, Kye would use his own shadow, which was now long and thick due to the immense light coming towards him, to spread out like a blooming flower and envelop the entire area behind him that the light hadn't touched yet, in pure blackness.
The light would collide with the thick darkness like a white wall attacking a black wall, yet he would find that her light would not be able to push his darkness.
He didn't have time to envelop the area, he was water just being launched at him now, and fire coming from under him. All he could do with both hands make a mighty pushing motion, which would force the light back towards the light bender, and in the process would send her off her feet and flying due to the impact of being his by walls of light and dark if it were to land.

The water and fire were rushing at him.

His hand which were extended, he merely pointed his index finger, and thumb forward, causing a completely black doppelganger of himself, or clone if you prefer, to phase out of his body. The clone itself didn't actually come through him, it was just a part of the darkness that was around him that he used to make a cut out of his body, then have he be sent out. Yet the clone was not meant to block, but to confuse.
The clone rushed in the air towards the water, yet the water itself was just a few feet from him.
Right as the clone itself got sent out, Kye used all of his leg strength to jump back to avoid the fire.
Yet at the moment of take off, the water slammed into the clone. This caused the clone to explode in a large cloud of black smoke.
Another common dark bending technique for assassin's was the dark smoke, just a glorified smoke bomb really. The clone was just hard enough to take the impact of the water and not have it pass through towards Kye.

Kye would be going towards the frame of the stage as the fire bended towards him would hit the ceiling.
He knew he would have to prepare for another assault by the water bender's.
His feet planted on the frame of the stage, making him look like spider man for a moment as his were still absorbing the momentum of his jump. To his surprise, a girl seemed to be fighting the assassin's as well. She threw some metal chucks at the water bender's which was going for the back of there heads.
Kye knew they would have to deal with the chunks coming for their heads before they could go back to the assassin.
He quickly propelled himself off the wall and towards the water bender's.
Now it was time for some offensive bending.

From his back came off some black smoke before three tendrils with hands at the ends suddenly spawned from his back. Two rushed for the two water bender's face's chests, while the other one went much quicker to compensate for the distance to reach the light bender chest as well.
He was prepared to deal with the fire bender behind him in case he had something for him, but with a hostage he knew that man was occupied, so he only had to deal with these three for now.

Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 am

Akkani grit her teeth in frustration and disgust. That filthy dark bending bastard. She could see the wall of darkness and light rushing towards her and she did the one thing she could think of. She jabbed out with both her arms in a single spike, dividing the light and with a swift turning motion wrapping her hands in it, allowing her to use her light-cloaked hands to divert the incoming blow into two streams of darkness rushing past her sides. The impact still managed to push her back several feet towards the bar and she barely kept her footing, but at least she was alive, and still in control of most of the original mass of light. A cruel, feral grin parted her lips as she growled. It was time to swat that fly.

-----------------
"Well shit..." was all Kodlak had time to say before he was forced to make some sort of move. A metal pipe from one side, a dark bending ninja with apparently lethal intent from the other. It was a shitty situation either way. Akkani was wrestling with the darkness the dark bender had thrown at her, she wouldn't be able to interfere. Taking a piece of metal piping was better than dying.

He twisted and jumped at the last second, the metal slamming into his shoulder made him spin in mid-air, and he kicked out several blasts of fire from his feet as the tendril of shadow narrowly missed him in its first pass.
-----------------
Kadlok chose to deal with the projectiles before the darkness, unlike his brother. With a twisting motion he spun his arms, using a large bulb of water to engulf the metal piping rushing to hug his face. As he did the tendril hit him square in the chest, throwing him off his feet, but not before he managed to ice up the blob of water and toss it at the dark bender. If the bastard broke the ice the metal inside would go on to hit him. If he didn't the block of ice would slam into his face.
-----------------

As a lone tendril reached for her she diverted it with a single arm, firing a powerful blast of concentrated light at the increasingly pesky bender. Akkani was too angry to even bother pretending to worry about hitting her comrades. Thankfully enough the twins both got hit and diverted enough that her attack would rush past them, not through them on its way to the dark bender's chest.
-----------------

Kokkari had been winded by the girl's attack, but she'd had a moment to gather herself. The water bender stared in gleeful disbelief as the girl ripped pipe after pipe out of the ground to use as projectiles. Water started spraying out from the shattered canalisation, water that she could, and would make good use of.

"This is the end of the line kid. Blame your own stupidity," Kokkari growled as she made the water pooled around the metal-bending nuisance's feet rise and freeze, intending to trap the girl in an icy prison with only a small opening for her nose, so she wouldn't asphyxiate to death.
-----------------
Taichii had moved away from his post, circling around the battlefield and heading towards the stage. He was useless right now, and he'd rather have it remain that way, for now at least. Senjiin on the other hand was exactly what they needed. He reached his comrade as the guy in black started to make his move.
----------------

Orami could hear the whooshing of projectiles rushing through the air, the smell of burning and smoke. She could hear the clash of metal against stone and shouts of pain and surprise, but she still couldn't see anything because of that damned mask. Over the ruckus of the battle she heard swift footsteps getting closer, and a voice she hadn't heard before.

"Senjiin, I'll take care of the hostage, you go out there and do something," she felt her captor's chin bump her shoulder as he nodded and felt his grip on her loosen for a split second before another pair of hands grabbed her. During the exchange though the mask's bindings loosened by a fraction, giving her a tiny slit between the mask's top and her forehead through which she could see a man all in black fighting a group of many other benders. His back was turned to a man who she assumed was Senjiin, her previous captor. She didn't think the man in black knew he was preparing to strike, and so she did the only thing she could do.

"BEHIND YOU!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. She heard a curse escape her new captor's lips from behind her mask as he ripped off her mask and jammed his empty glove into her mouth, letting it serve as a surprisingly effective makeshift gag. At the same time he dragged her up and began retreating backwards, dragging her backstage.
---------------

By the time the girl's scream echoed through the hall Senjiin's arm was already too set in its motion for him to change course. He was committed to his current plan of attack. He'd planned a sneak attack, the guy was too quick for anything else to work. But now? Now he could only pray that the spirits of luck were in a particularly lenient mood. It was out of his hands. Quite literally as the fireball was leaving his curled up fingers.
Back to top Go down
Nehima
Administrator
Administrator
Nehima

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 3:59 pm

I was seriously helpless right now. I had some space to move though, and what that idiot waterbender couldn't predict, was that I knew how to actually fight without bending. I held the hammer I had taken from that man outside, and started hitting the ice with it. It cracked, and finally, broke into pieces.

I quickly jumped away, and even though the floor was wooden, I knew this building should join with earth at some part. And I had no trouble master-bending earth. I moved my hands high, creating a small protection wall, and then slicing a piece of the top, I threw that "disk of earth to the one standing one my way.

Breaking it all, I made rocks, at the size of a shield, and gathered them around me like a rocky armor. I bended the rest to suround me and threw some, time to time walking forwards slowly, reducing the distance between me and the enemies. I feel weak, and desperenate, but to them, I'm a stupidly brave, and stubbron teen! And that's how I want to remain.

But then, I hear a familiar growling behind me, and I don't need to turn, as I see Leo running and jumping on the waterbender, and then Lucinda flapping her wings around, tries to injure the other assassin with her sharp and long claws.

I smirk and feel greaful for I have such great pet-friends.

-Guys, how did you find me? I tell them, expecting no answer.

To my surprise Leo turns to look at me, and seems to make a grimace, if pugmy pumas can grimace... He scratches with his claws the arm of the man.

-Take it easy, just make sure he won't attack back okay? I yell at him worried in case we cause somebody to die...I don't want deaths, not now...

I'm thankful for their help, but I keep attacking to the other ones left, like the light bender woman, that seems very powerful to me to easily take her down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Kye was not in the best spot, but overall he was in what he would consider to be a very large, but controlled battle situation. The three extended black arms raced for their targets.
Each of the assassin's he attacked performed their own reactions, it wasn't the best Kye could have hoped for but he could make do.
Each of these assassin's had the same thing coming at them, yet each attack was capable of it's own unique response. The shadow's were crafty, and mysterious. If Light is know for it's ability to push through everything it's path, then darkness would be known for going around.

The Light bending woman reacted quickly by bending light around her hands and slicing the wall of darkness in two. It was not the worst thing to do, however a shadow was never known for it's frontal assaults. It was known for it's stealth and surprise attacks.
The darkness was split in two, and moved along her sides, yet Kye, without even needing to move his hands, needed only to tilt head to the left and close his right hand into a fist. Rather then what she might have expected the darkness to do and just pass her by before fading away, the now two walls on her sides stopped in place right when she was dead center in between the two towering walls. Right when they were both between her, they both quickly fully solidified and closed in on her. Would they crush her? They most certainly could, Kye knew it would be easier. Kye felt he could kill everyone here if he wanted to, yet he was letting them struggle. An experienced man would call it hesitation. Yet it was not quite that, his attacks were all the same, yet they all had lacked the killer's intent. Why though? Why not just kill them? Well it was the very same reason that brought Kye to the Inn in the first place. Enoch, his son.

He didn't know it yet, but he was beginning to believe in a lesson that he had almost never used in his day to day life. That was to not sacrifice everything you are just for convenience. To bend your way of living to the world just so you can get by. To change who you are just so you can be successful, or have an easy life.
Kye could kill this men and women, he could kill everyone he fights, it would certainly take care of the problem. Yet what kind of man would that leave him to be? Would he want this for his son?

The walls would close in on the Light bender, yet instead of crush her, they would pin her flat like a compressor with a person in the middle that's just a hair away from being crushed or unable to breathe. This would prevent her from stopping the the hand with her retaliation with a light blast.

The water and fire bender still had the long arms to deal with, each of them choosing there own method. The first man to note was the one who chose to dodge the attack with a spin move in the air. Yet he was hit in the air by the metal pipe and shot a few fire shots randomly yet all of them hitting places that Kye didn't need to worry about. The fire bender really was pretty much taken care of by taking a metal pipe to the head, yet Kye chose to add to it to be sure.

Kodlak would get a lesson in the technique of "Shadows within shadows" that if he was even still conscious enough to see it after the impact of the metal pipe.
As the dark arm passed him by, out from the arm shot out a second hand from the arm itself. It was the ability to make another shadow, within the shadow. The hand which was about the same size as the first one would race straight for Kodlak's body with open fingers.

The second hand made impact with Kadlok, the water benders body. Upon making impact the hand would make a very tight grip on the assassin's clothes in which case Kye would violently retract the hand so that it would yank the man right towards Kye like reeling in a fish line. The yank itself came with such a heavy and sudden force that it would be more then enough to pull the man's arms and legs back and stop him from bending the water around the pipe debris and have it sent flying at Kye.

Since Kye was still technically in mid-air and lunging towards the three opponents, the man Kadlok that was being pulled in would come right into Kye's left knee which would ram into the man's face with tremendous force from getting pulled into it as well as Kye's forward momentum to aid in the damage dealt.

The sudden arrival of a crashing, smashing and roaring animal with wings though was a huge surprise that was quickly was masked when he suddenly heard a high pitched

"BEHIND YOU!!!"

His eye's, shooting to his right he turned around so fast that you wouldn't have processed that his back was turned to you. In a quick blur he turned around and saw the incoming sniper shot of fire.
Kye felt his heart skip a beat as he saw it, yet he remained calm and collected. He had little time to react to the already approaching shot. He could very well dodge it narrowly maybe, yet instead he chose to do something else.

The darkness around his left hand was solidified with several layers and was shot upwards towards the fireball with an open palm.
Kye took the fireball in the palm of his hand. The Kevlar and hardened darkness taking the piercing impact that managed to cut through a couple layers of darkness upon contact. In his hand, he crushed it into embers and sparks.

Seeing Senjins face. The man would see a slight smirk on Jensen's face before what looked like black flames would begin rising up from Kye's arms and back, like his back was fire yet the flames did not burn him. In fact it added to his already almost reaper like image with his black hood and coat on. The black flames was followed by thick black smoke that emerged from behind Kye's sunglasses, looking like the smoke was coming from his eye's.

The display of dark bending was solely an intimidation and scare tactic. Everything they had thrown at him he had been able to stop and counter with immense speed and proficiency. He figured they had to be taking this into consideration.

Yet Senjin and the man now holding Orami would have only just enough time to see the smile before more black smoke would build up behind Kye and he would take a single step backwards. However the two men would never see this, they would only see a still figure of himself standing and smirking at them. For only a brief moment was it a real Kye. Yet the large amount of generated darkness was enough for Kye to leave an after image of himself, a shell of darkness to perfectly capture his pose for that brief moment.

As the false Kye would be staring at them with his smile, the real one was behind the smoke that was behind the after image. The real Kye would use the distraction to very quickly, and quietly jump very high in the air towards the ceiling, bending the darkness around him to further mask his presence unless there eye's were to notice any shimmer's or shifts in the air with the quick motion.
The quick jump would Kye go waaaay up, followed by going forward and landing very silently on the stage and being just a foot away from Orami's new captor, Taichii.

It wouldn't take much at all, a very quick and quiet knuckle hit to the back of the head was all it would take. If the hit connected, that it all it would be. Followed by the release of Orami and Taichii's sudden unconsciousness.
From there, Senjin would be the only one left.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Control [OPEN]   Taking Control [OPEN] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking Control [OPEN]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next