Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Lucas Shayler 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Lucas Shayler I_vote_lcapLucas Shayler I_voting_barLucas Shayler I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Lucas Shayler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Shayler
Novice
Novice
Lucas Shayler

Lucas Shayler Empty
PostSubject: Lucas Shayler   Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:44 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Lucas Shayler
    Birthplace: Southern Water Tribe
    Current Residence: Northern Air Temple
    Occupation: Traveling nomad, hunts to provide food for himself.
    Element: Water/Air
    Pets: Mishka, Sky Bison

|OPTIONAL
    [size=11]Birthday: April 3
    Hobbies: Lucas spends most of his free time in training or meditation while he travels, which he does frequently.
    Quirks: Sarcastic, fearless,
    Family: Lucinda, Mother, Waterbender, Deceased. Father, Airbender.

|APPEARANCE|
    [size=11]Hair: Straight dark brown hair falls almost to his shoulder. He almost always keeps it pulled back into a tight ponytail.
    Eyes: Deep, stormy blue eyes that seem to penetrate right through you.
    Height: 6'2”
    Clothes: Lucas is typically dressed in typical Southern Water Tribe clothing. Deep blue clothing lined in white fur for warmth. He also wears his leather arm guards when traveling.
    Skin: Lucas has fairly pale skin, although he does get a bit of a tan while traveling.
    Body Type: Lucas spent his youth training with the warriors of his tribe, helping to hunt for food as well as defending his people when necessary. Therefore he is fairly well built, nothing frightening but solidly muscular.

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    [size=11]Personality: Lucas is an incredibly caring person, spending his time fighting to defend the things and ideals he believes in, as well as protecting the ones he love. He tends to be very true to a Waterbender as far as going with the flow. But he can also, at times, have a very fierce personality. This makes it difficult for him to make new friends. But that's part of why he is always traveling, he has a slight fear of settling down. His father never stuck around to see him be born, and his mother was killed when Lucas was a child. These things have scarred him in many ways, including shading his personality. Lucas has a very welcoming personality once you get past the initial reaction.
    Personal Strengths: Talented Water and Air Bender. Fiercely loyal to the ones he loves and those to whom he owes a debt. Skilled hunter/warrior. Courageous in the face of fear, but not ignorant of his own faults/weaknesses.
    Personal Weaknesses: Haunted by his past, Lucas suffers from terrifying nightmares. These often wake him from sleep repeatedly, sometimes screaming.
    Lucas is unable to resist giving help when help is needed, this causes him to fall for tricks quite easily.
    Lucas has a fierce violence inside of him, causing both his long hours of meditation and Bending, as well as his skill as a fighter/hunter when needed.
    Hamartia: Lucas is a fierce fighter and defender of the ones he loves. But this ferocity has gotten him into trouble in the past, when he is unable to back down when a fight is lost. The difficulty he has when knowing to back down from a fight often gets him into rather tight spots.
    Personal Hero: Deceased mother, Lucinda. She was the strongest woman he ever knew and she taught him all she knew of Waterbending, causing Lucas to strive to become stronger and to help as many people as he can.
    Dreams and Ambitions: Lucas's goal is to help defeat evil wherever it may be found. In a world of peace, there is not much organized evil. But Lucas can often be found in the lower rings of Ba Sing Se or similar areas, helping those who are unable to help themselves.

Likes: Bending. Mishka, his Flying Bison. Being surrounded by friends. Traveling the world. Helping others whenever possible.

Dislikes: Being constrained. Liars/being lied to. Tyranny/needless violence. Greed. Dry places/deserts.

Brief History: Lucas Shayler was born into the Southern Water Tribe. His mother was a skilled healer, always having a gift with that aspect of her Waterbending. His father, however, was a traveler. An Airbender from the Northern Air Temple. As the man passed through, Lucas was conceived. No one ever spoke of his father for his entire life, not even his mother would talk about the man. Lucas eventually just gave up entirely, instead devoting himself to learn Waterbending. He showed great potential early on, especially with the snow. But as Lucas got older his Waterbending proved to be very different than his mother's. While she was a Healer, and had hoped that Lucas would show a talent for it as well, Lucas was having extreme difficulty with healing. For some reason it just didn't compute for him.

At the age of 12, tragedy struck Lucas's village. While on a fishing boat with his mother and several other members of their village, a violent arctic storm came out of nowhere, causing their boat to crash into ice. Lucas and his mother survived the wreck, while the others were taken by the sea. As he and his mother struggled to survive on the barren ice, Lucas's mother began to focus on training him like never before. She began to show him the movements for Ice bending, and unlike Healing Lucas took to this with ease. Within a few days he was able to freeze and thaw water very easily, as well as bend ice from ocean and the ice sheets they traveled on. But when they were within a day or two of their village, nightmares came in the night. A rabid wolf came into their camp one night, and Lucas's mother was killed while defending her son. In a fit of rage, Lucas opened the ice beneath the creature and sealed it back once the wolf had fallen into the freezing ocean below.

After surviving the wolf attack, Lucas ran into the night and used his Waterbending to bend the Ice around him in a giant sphere, granting him safe passage back to his village. On the way he was attacked by a Firebender who threw fire at the ice, melting it and breaking the wall. The break, however, caused a huge burst of air pressure to fly outwards, sending shards of ice and the Firebender flying out into the darkness of the arctic night. Confused about how he had caused Air to move, Lucas hurried home. The villagers were distraught over the news of his mother's death but his maternal Grandmother, Naomi, took it worse than Lucas did. Lucinda had been her only daughter out of several children, as well as the only one to be a Waterbender like Naomi. Lucas's mother had been his grandmother's prodigy. But, she didn't let her emotions get in the way of her responsibility to Lucas. A few days after his return, Lucas told Naomi that he thought he had used Airbending when the Firebender had attacked him. At first, Naomi said that this was impossible, as Lucas was quite clearly a very talented Waterbender. But then she got a strange look on her face, and whispered something that Lucas couldn't understand. His grandmother then left the house. She immediately gained passage for them both on a boat heading North. She was determined to find Lucas's biological father and show him his responsibility to Lucas.

The trip was long and hard, taking several months to travel so far. Along the way, Naomi explained to Lucas that his father had been an Airbender from the Northern Air Temple, and that that may be how Lucas could have used Airbending. She spoke of rumors of powerful benders gaining mastery of two elements in certain instances, sometimes when your parents were strong benders of different elements. The news was a shock to Lucas and made the trip uncomfortable, but eventually they arrived. Lucas had never seen anything like it, the temple was huge and the buildings seemed to be ancient and forever. Lucas was watched by one of the monks while his grandmother went into the town. A few hours later, she returned with a tall, handsome man with a very surprised look on his face. The man was not thrilled with suddenly becoming a father, but Lucas's grandmother was very persistent. And after a few months of living with his father, Lucas began to like him. They started to get along as Lucas showed instant potential to be talented at Airbending. He was incredibly creative, something that lent itself to both his Waterbending and Airbending.

By 18, Lucas had fully mastered Airbending. And to prove it, he took the test for his Airbending Tattoos. In order to gain his Tattoos, Lucas would have to defeat his father in a duel. They went into an open space behind the temple and were met by two monks to verify the sanctity of the duel. And to validate the winner, proving the claimant's ability. After a few moments, the battle began. Lucas's father was incredible, throwing him into the air on a number of occasions. As well as sending him over the edge of the mountain before catching him with air to bring him back. Lucas then flexed and smiled at his dad before jumping into a series of complicated movements, which resulted with a small tornado touching down behind his father. Turning back for a moment to see it, Lucas's father smiled and waved his hand at it. This dissolved the twisting cyclone of wind. Turning back to Lucas, his father smiled proudly and suggested that he would like to witness Lucas's skill with Waterbending. Standing in silence in the middle of the space, Lucas closed his eyes and held his arms out in a stance his mother had taught him. Several people from the temple had joined them and were now standing in a circle around Lucas. He began to sway gently in the breeze, as he suddenly brought several small clouds together directly overhead by Airbending them together. Then, he began to condense the water within them, pulling the clouds into a liquid form. The once bright fluffy clouds were now a giant mass of water, floating in the sky. As his father looked into the sky, Lucas saw a glimmer of fear in his eyes. Lucas then pushed the water up and out, creating a large dome around the spectators. He then slowly began to freeze the water-dome, using Airbending to cool it from the outside as well. When he was finished, he was standing within a giant dome of ice as thin as glass. The monks quickly decided that he had fully mastered both elements, and gave him his Airbending tattoos.

After being given his Airbending Tattoos, Lucas's father also decided that he had proven himself an Airbender, and therefore deserved a Flying Bison. There was one that had been Lucas's favorite when he had first arrived, and it had grown with him over the past few years. His Flying Bison, Mishka, was already saddled and stocked with some supplies when Lucas's father presented him to his son. And after their goodbyes, Lucas left to begin traveling the world. He was determined to find a way to help the people of the world and fulfill his mother's dreams.

Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Lucas Shayler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas Shayler   Lucas Shayler I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957

Lucas Shayler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Announcements :: Topic Graveyard-
Jump to: