Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Thane Qian 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Thane Qian I_vote_lcapThane Qian I_voting_barThane Qian I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Thane Qian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThaneQian
Novice
Novice
ThaneQian

Thane Qian Empty
PostSubject: Thane Qian   Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Thane Qian
    Birthplace: Unknown
    Current Residence: Vermilion City
    Element: Dark / Earth
    Pets: None
    Weapons: Collection of small throwing knives, a dagger and a sabre. Along with any armor or weapons in employer provides.

[size=18]OPTIONAL
    Birthday: Fall of 697 AO
    Blood type: AB+
    Hobbies: Mastering different types of weaponry, reading old scripts and surprisingly, classic theater.
    Quirks: Thane has intense reactions to being touched by people he doesn't know / isn't comfortable with. Repressed his Dark Bending.
    Family: Unknown
    Character Theme:

[size=18]|APPEARANCE|

Hair: Shaved on either side of his head, his remaining dark brown hair grows along his head in a Mohawk, though it's kept short. He usually doesn't shave his facial hair but trims it so it doesn't grow into a beard.
    Eyes: His left eye is brown while his right eye is paled out due to scarring.
    Height: 5'9''
    Clothes: Usually Thane is in his high collared, waist length, trench coat and plain slacks or cargo pants. Without his coat he wearing a sleeveless shirt and is outfitted with a leather throwing knife bandolier across his chest,
    Skin: After being sun burnt several times in his youth, Thane has developed an nice tan with the exception of his legs maybe. The tanning being unintentional. His face is scarred with three nonuniform claw marks running from just above his forehead on the right side, across his eye to his chin. His hands and feet are calloused from years of fighting and traveling. His body is also covered in various healed up wounds.
    Body Type: Broad shoulders, strong chin, muscled chest, arms and legs. Everything a soldier should be.

Thane Qian Scarred_by_miles_johnston-d3fvf6n

[size=18]|CHARACTERISTICS|

Personality: Thane is battle hardened, calculating and precise. He likes things a certain way and is very resistant to changing his habits. He enjoys classic theater and the marvels of religion, the spirit world and the concept of an Avatar. He's a very guarded person and never lets anyone get close to him. Thane strives to find powerful opponents to fight and because of that he tends to test the boundaries of people he meets. He has bouts of kindness, helping citizens and the like. But also tends to dip into a darker more sadistic nature when fighting.
    In regards to his bending. Thane is a natural Earthbender though he doesn't use it often. Preferring the ring of steel then the thud of rock. He's very strict when dealing with his Dark bending. Practicing sparingly, if at all, and always in seclusion.
    Overall, Thane is a protective man. Guarded and strong. A silent observer but quick with a retort.
    Personal Strengths:

• Hand-to-hand Combat.
    • Negotiation.
    • Fighting.

Personal Weaknesses:

• Ranged fighting.
    • Self Control
    • Own bending
    • History

Hamartia: Whenever he uses his Dark Bending, he cannot fully control it. Whether due to lack of training or simple incompatibility, the Dark overtakes him and shrouds in morality. This makes him more sadistic, violent and unable to tell friend from foe.
    Personal Hero: None
    Dreams and Ambitions: To earn enough money from being a mercenary to retire and lay down his sword.

• Battle
    • Theater
    • A strong opponent
    • Whisky
    • Sleeping

Dislikes:

• Losing control
    • Being touched
    • Getting close to people/relationships
    • Bending
    • The past

(Not-so) Brief History: Thane was never truly part of a family, nor was he ever surrounded by 'comrades'. Sometime in the fall of 697 a group of traitors were hung. This was not an action of any government nor royalty, but civilian justice. Among the traitors was a pregnant woman, charged with some unknown crime. Soon to bare child, she begged the ones who were tying the noose around her neck. Her pleas fell on deaf ears. Some of the other civilians stood by, waiting to see justice served. Among them was a small mercenary band of about a dozen, talking among themselves. Soon the time came and the platform that the traitors stood was pulled from other them by the Komodo Rhinos...
    The crowd soon cleared, the mercenaries the last to leave. The leader, Gambino's, estranged wife ran from the group to the tree were the traitors hung, crouching under the woman who begged... There, in a pool of his mothers blood, was Thane. Barely breathing and already beginning to turn cold. Gambino urged his wife to abandon it but she hurried back into the wagon with the child.
    A few years past and Thane was 6. His foster mother was ill with disease and died soon after contracting it. Gambino started training him harshly to be a mercenary. To add to his growing band. Life was hard from then on. Gambino, for being a supposed foster father, showed no affection and even resentment for Thane. But Gambino was a good trainer, Thane grew stronger and more skilled over the years. His mother or father may have been an Earthbender since that skill also developed.
    At 16 he participated in his first battle. He'll never forget the first man he killed. Nor will he forget when the bomb went off behind him... After the battle he traveled back to the camp with the band, Gambino being carried back with a missing leg. As if things weren't bad then, they got worse for Thane. Gambino became increasingly violent and started losing his sanity.
    Something happened one night that changed Thane. A visit from one of Gambino's men. He'd been sold for the night for a couple Silver pieces. Daybreak came and Thane confronted his foster father wordlessly but was waved off as the next battle was coming up. Ducan, the man that 'visited' was killed in that battle by Thane. A few nights passed and one Thane woke to find Gambino sitting across the tent, stinking of booze and muttering nonsense. It wasn't until the sword was drawn did Thane realize what was happening. Instinct kicked in and he lunged for his own weapon, drawing it just in time. His foster father, baring only one leg, stumbled and impaled himself on Thane's drawn sabre. Thane did not move as he watched the light leave his eyes. Some on the men heard the attack and came to check.
    Thane squirm out from under the chilling body, clutching his sabre, he ran. He heard the heavy hooves of his pursuers. Arrows were shot and Thane ran out of room to run as he came to a cliff. He stopped for a moment before turning to run in another direction, that's when the arrow caught his shoulder, throwing him off balance. Angry men drunk with bloodlust and the sky were the last things he saw before he blacked out.
    When Thane woke he was sore all over. He was on his stomach so the arrow had moved nearly all the way through his shoulder. He painfully managed to get himself onto his knees. He busied himself with getting the remaining of the arrow out of his shoulder. He heard growling. With a quick glance around he realized that he woke in time for Tigerdillos to sniff him out. Perhaps this is best. His parents dead, all of them. His innocence long gone. He lowered his arms as they approached. But when one lunged something happened. The shadowed themselves tore from the ground and formed daggers which, in turn, impaled the predator. Thane looked around, confused but each time a Tigerdillo attacked, it was killed. The natural instinct to survive, honed over time and countless battles, took over and formed Dark Bending. This new power drained him and he fell unconscious again, surrounded by the fallen predators.
    The next time he woke he was on the move. A caravan. He was greeted with warm, concerned smiles of Earth Kingdom traders. He was healed up, fed and clothed.
    He found he was uncomfortable with them, as kind as they were. He was on the move. Traveling across the Earth Kingdom, fighting for whoever would pay. Protection jobs. Hit man jobs. Soldiering. He indulged in new weapons and found the Theaters of the Fire Kingdom, rather, the Vermilion Dragon Empire. He tried honing his new found Dark Bending but lost control far too easily. Reminding himself of his foster father when he did try.
    Today he settled in the Vermilion area.

Back to top Go down

Thane Qian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thane Qian   Thane Qian I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down

Thane Qian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Announcements :: Topic Graveyard-
Jump to: