Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Sanjuro Character Concept 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Sanjuro Character Concept I_vote_lcapSanjuro Character Concept I_voting_barSanjuro Character Concept I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Sanjuro Character Concept I_vote_lcapSanjuro Character Concept I_voting_barSanjuro Character Concept I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Sanjuro Character Concept

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

Sanjuro Character Concept Empty
PostSubject: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 am

Right, haven't done a character sheet for some time, bear with me...

|BASICS|
    Name: Toshiro "Sanjuro" Feuda
    Age: As his name roughly translates, he's in his 30's. He's 33.
    Birthplace: Earth Kingdom
    Current Residence: Drifter, homeless, wanderer.
    Occupation: Knight errant by nature, but by occupation mercenary, hired muscle, occasionally a Yojimbo (bodyguard).
    Element: N/A
    Pets: N/A
    Weapons: Bow and arrow for long range combat (to achieve some manner of equal footing with benders), katana for close combat.

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: 674 YAFO
    Blood type: AB
    Hobbies: Playing the flute (the Nohkan), reading,seeing the world, finding worthy opponents.
    Quirks: On the outside, he seems Zen, jovial, boisterous and content. Nothing seems to faze the man. Rather, he tends to be elated or excited by anything vaguely "new" he encounters on his travels. Sanjuro has a penchant for jokes and pranks, and likes to see himself as something of a trickster. That being said, it's a mask to hide his true self... as a calculating, prideful, vicious, ruthless swordsman who - though heroic - will fight dirty without shame to achieve his ends.
    Family: N/A
    Character Theme: The theme song of Akira Kurosawa's classic samurai film, Yojimbo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBw99ghST1g

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: Sanjuro has long, wild, hair and a thick beard that he never bothers to cut, making him appear disheveled and scraggy.
    Eyes: Green.
    Height 5'11.
    Clothes: On the outset, dark robes and a hood that conceal a leather chest plate, gauntlets and boots.
    Skin: Tanned from being out in the sun half the time.
    Body Type: Sanjuro is lean, but compactly muscled. He has the body of an Olympian runner.
    Image: N/A (at the moment)

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality: Sanjuro is many things. A knight errant, a trickster, a ruthless B*stard in a fight, adventurous and perhaps dangerously suicidal. Above all else, he is a man driven by a desire to see the world, do some good and enjoy it before he dies of illness. Upon discovering a fatal illness that will - in perhaps a few short years - render his mind into mush, Sanjuro left his home, his family, his people and everything he knew to carve his place into the world. He does not want to die in bed a drooling vegetable, hence his somewhat devil may care attitude.

If he could arrange it, he'd rather die by the hand of a warrior he could respect.

Personal Strengths:

- Talented swordsman
    - Great archer
    - Lovely flute player
    - Mean cook (because real men cook!)

Personal Weaknesses:
    - As a result of his illness, there are moments where he blanks out or outright freezes. He'll become dizzy, which could prove fatal in any given fight. Because of this, he's deeply ashamed of himself.

Hamartia: A self-imposed sense of shame and a wounded pride that leads to potential suicidal endeavours to compensate for his fear of dying weak and helpless.

Personal Hero: N/A

Dreams and Ambitions: To die in a great battle and be remembered as a strong man, not as a brain dead victim killed by an enemy he could never fight.

-Music in any form.
    -A nice pair of long lasting sandals for his travels.
    -A good brawl at the end of the day.
    -A good pint.
    -An adventure.

Dislikes:

-Music performed horribly.
    -Incompetent shoemakers.
    -A particular nerve that tends to be pushed is the sight of gross injustice, i.e. should he come across soldiers extorting money from some hapless family, his immediate instinct will be to come to their defence.
    -The thought of dying with no glory or reputation to his (real) name.
    -Lack of activity.

Brief History:

Sanjuro hails from a small, secluded, village in the Earth Kingdom. Son of a respected family of village warriors, and born Toshiro, he enjoyed a certain measure of respect and appraisal from his fellow villagers. He excelled in fighting and training with his brothers and sisters. He loved to hunt, he had a lust for life unrivalled by anyone else.

Then one day, he blacked out. When he had awaken, his nose was bleeding profusely, his head was under of spell of throbbing headaches... and he learned a horrible truth.

As a child, he was told his father had died in battle. That was a lie. He died of some disease the local physician could never identify. After a period of time, his brain simply refused to operate, and he dropped. Now Toshiro had inherited that same fate.

Horrified and ashamed, it inspired Toshiro to leave, unable to reconcile the very idea of his ultimate fate as something weak and powerless with his self image as a boisterous warrior, as the pride of his clan. He couldn't bear to look his family or friends in the eye.

For five years since, he has travelled on his own, seeing other doctors, taking medication, doing anything possible to temporarily halt his illness... and find a better way to die. Now, he calls himself simply "Sanjuro" ("thirty-ish"), a wandering sword for hire.

So lads, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

God, I hope this is okay.
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Sounds pretty cool to me! Smile However I cannot approve it I do not have the authority, just thought I would tell you good job! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Really? Thanks, man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Seriously? Nothing to improve on? No need for major tweaks or anything?

This has to be the fastest approval I've ever gotten for an RP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Well we are not a strict site. If you follow the rules of the character sheet and they are acceptable I will approve. If the administration does not like my approval I will be vetoed and someone will tell you to do more.

Smile, if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Just the one. How would I get started?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 pm

You can post really anywhere you want...just not Demon island.
Back to top Go down
Sanjuro
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sanjuro

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Would it be okay if I started, say, a random thread in the Earth Kingdom that establishes my character via wandering into a random town, kicking the asses of local thugs, and then moving on? Just a little thing like that, I can't think of anything else that would really establish Sanjuro... unless someone invited me to a thread or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanjuro Character Concept   Sanjuro Character Concept I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanjuro Character Concept
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next