Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Tarek Raiden 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Tarek Raiden I_vote_lcapTarek Raiden I_voting_barTarek Raiden I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Tarek Raiden

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarek Raiden
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Tarek Raiden

Tarek Raiden Empty
PostSubject: Tarek Raiden   Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Tarek Raiden
    Birthplace: Vermilion Dragon Empire, on a secluded farm.
    Current Residence: A small house on ember island, but he travels the world.
    Occupation: Tarek is an explorer, a seeker of mysterious and ancient secrets. He makes his living by selling rare artifacts he finds.
    Element: Fire
    Pets: No pets
    Weapons: Tarek's weapon of choice is his spear which doubles as his walking stick. It is completely made of metal and its end is shaped like a small
    trident. He also carries a one handed scimitar which he keeps strapped to his back and a small dagger in his right boot

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: 29th June
    Blood type: B+
    Hobbies: Tarek loves finding ancient artifacts or ruins, especially tomes containing the wisdom and techniques of the ancients. He frequently journeys to strange locations in the pursuit of these treasures. When he is not out exploring, Tarek often meditates or practices his firebending and spearfighting techniques. He fancies himself a master cook, but few can stomach his strange flavour combinations.
    Quirks: Tarek loves the collecting and telling of stories from around the world, and has been known to babble on about totally irrelevant matters at the worst of times. He also whistles whenever he travels, sometimes to the annoyance of those around him.
    Family: Turok Raiden: (Father, Firebender, Deceased)
    Syrena Raiden: (Mother, Earthbender, Deceased)

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: Tarek keeps his head shaved, and has a very short but full brown beard.
    Eyes: Grey eyes that turn slightly orange/red when he firebends.
    Height: 6'2
    Clothes: Tarek wears an old, red travelling tunic with short sleeves. Across his chest he wears a single, light piece of plate armor and a plate shoulder guard on his right side only. He also has many leather pouches strapped on his person and a backpack for storing any interesting finds.
    Skin: Tarek has rough skin as a result of all the changing weather and environments he has been exposed to. He has a small scar running across the right side of his face starting from under his right eye down across his mouth until his chin.
    Body Type: Tarek is tall and not exceptionally muscular. But he is very fit, and his build is more athletic. His physical strength is average.
    Image:Tarek Raiden Fire_m11

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality: Tarek is an easy going person. He has no vendetta against anyone and doesn't like to take sides. He appreciates wisdom in any form, and loves to travel
    to forgotten places to discover secrets and gain a better understanding of the world around him. He also thoroughly enjoys humor in any form and is seldom seen sad or upset. He does, however, tend to become angry when anyone throws things out of balance, exploits power for personal gain, desecrates a sacred place or misuses knowledge (although these things
    seldom disturb him enough for him to take action). He also pushes himself very hard and trains almost continually.
    Personal Strengths: Tarek is always calm and quick-witted, he can talk his way out of most problems.
    Personal Weaknesses: Tarek is too quick to trust, he has almost no suspicion of others. He is also extremely stubborn and doesn't always think his plans through.
    Hamartia: Tarek's firebending becomes very weak when he is extremely angry, sad or upset.
    Personal Hero: Turok, his Father
    Dreams and Ambitions: Although Tarek loves history, his goal is to gather ancient wisdom and understanding to achieve total enlightenment and balance, or to come as close as possible (whether it is attainable or not).

Likes: Ancient artifacts, tomes, and ruins, laughter, music, dancing, traveling and exploration

Dislikes: War, profiteering, exploitation of commoners and water tribe food.

Brief History: Tarek Raiden was born on a secluded farm in the firenation to Turok and Syrena Raiden. Turok was a firebender who served in the military for many years until he eventually retired and settled down with his wife Syrena, an earthbender he met on his travels. Early on he realized that Tarek was a firebender and began teaching him what he knew. Being born in the Vermilion Dragon Empire, Tarek attended school where he was also taught firebending, his skills were lower than average and his teachers always told him he didn't have the right personality for a firebender. Instead of worrying about his less than average firebending skills, Tarek put all his attention into history class and he always imagined himself being in those far away places he learned about.
    Turok, who served in the military his whole life, didn't want his son to follow that path. So he encouraged Tarek's love of the past and taught him to avoid conflict instead of going to look for it. When Tarek was about 12, he went to a market with his family and he saw an old firebending scroll on display. He begged his father to buy it, but they couldn't afford it. So Tarek memorized one of the forms and tried it that same day at home. The form was different from the ones Tarek had been learning in school and from his father, this one wasn't as stiff and rigid, it was more graceful and Tarek felt that his bending was much more powerful using this technique. Tarek realized that there was so much more to the world then what he learned at school and he started searching for any information about the ancient world.
    Tarek spent the rest of his teenage years practicing a new style of firebending based on the old scroll he saw when he was 12. He advanced in skill very quickly but his teachers were very upset about the strange and unorthodox style of bending. Tarek also took up meditation and developed his skill with a spear.

When Tarek turned 19 he left home and took a boat to the earth kingdom, where he planned to explore the great wilds. His first venture was successful and he uncovered trove of artifacts and forgotten treasures. He was so excited about his find that he could hardly wait to get back to Omashu to sell and trade some of his treasures. On his way back a group of mercenaries approached him and offered to let him travel with them, an offer which he gladly accepted, mainly because he missed some company. He started telling a story about his days on his parents farm, when the mercenaries attacked him. He managed to get out one fire-powered kick to one of the bandits faces, but the rest quickly overpowered him. They were soon filling their pockets with all of his possessions and discussing whether or not they should leave their badly burned colleague to die. They quickly decided, however, that they would rather not share the loot and to leave him for dead. As they started leaving, Tarek began to feel pure rage growing inside of him, he leapt up and attempted to hit the bandit leader with the biggest fireball he could conjure, but to his dismay his fire-blast hardly got half way to his target. The bandit leader seeing his opportunity, quickly leapt forward toward Tarek with a dagger clenched backwards in his hand, and with a lighting fast strike, sliced Tarek across the face. Tarek, already confused at the lack of potency in his bending, thrust his hand to his face to stop the bleeding, and fell to the ground, The bandit leader just laughed as he left Tarek humiliated on the ground. Tarek got up, and salvaged the unconcious bandits spear and armor, took a long, deep breath and continued on his way to Omashu.

Tarek eventually came to realize that his firebending was based on balance and peace, and that strong negative emotions adversely affected his bending. Since then Tarek has had many adventures and has discovered many ancient treasures, and he continues to travel the world in pursuit of knowledge and wisdom.
Back to top Go down

Tarek Raiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarek Raiden   Tarek Raiden I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down

Tarek Raiden
Page 1 of 1