Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Jirra, the Kangaroohound 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_vote_lcapJirra, the Kangaroohound I_voting_barJirra, the Kangaroohound I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_vote_lcapJirra, the Kangaroohound I_voting_barJirra, the Kangaroohound I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Jirra, the Kangaroohound

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luxos
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Luxos

Jirra, the Kangaroohound Empty
PostSubject: Jirra, the Kangaroohound   Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Name: Jirra
Species: Kangaroohound: The kangaroohound is a creature from the great deserts of the earth kingdom. Kangaroohounds have well built forelimbs, but most of their strength is in their hind limbs, which are significantly more powerful. They move by leaping forwards, and can clear distances of up to 10 feet with ease. For this reason, they make excellent mounts. Additionally, their exceptional hearing and senses of smell make them excellent hunting and tracking animals. Their long tails are used to stabilize them while making sharp changes in direction.

Kangaroohounds survive primarily on a carnivorous diet to maintain their high metabolism, but they are omnivorous. Though they can survive long stretches without water, they will frequently eat cacti and other desert flora to get water.

Appearance: Jirra stands a full 4 feet 6 inches from forepaw to shoulderblade. His fur is a deep red color and is consistent over his entire body with the exception of the tip of his tail, which is yellow. From his neck to the top of his shoulderblade is a bristly mane of dark hair.

When Ryou discovered the animal, it's limbs had been decorated with steel bangles, to stabilize the extremities and allow the creature to carry heavy loads. Another notable feature of Jirra are the brands on his left side. Most likely, the sand tribe that sold the creature had it branded with patterns and designs from the tribe's religion.

Around Jirra's forelimbs his a harness connected to a lightweight leather saddle. It is designed to not impede forelimb movement which would hinder the ability to land after long jumps.

Jirra, the Kangaroohound Red_XIII_by_TheTyro

Personality: Like other kangaroohounds, Jirra is fiercely loyal to his master, Ryou. The creature is used to living in pacts, and quickly forms bonds with those it trusts. Jirra is only stirred to aggression when he sees a person or creature behaving menacingly towards one of its pack. When provoked, kangaroohounds stand on their hindpaws and lash out with their forepaws, which are strong and well developed. However, they lack a killing nature and will typically choose to flee from a confrontation when given the opportunity.

Background: Ryou encountered Jirra when he raided a traveling caravan rumored to contain precious cargo. By ambushing the group, he was able to quickly neutralize the two guards and the merchant. The group was primarily transporting smuggled goods from the desert and the starved kangaroohound was kept in a cage at the back of the caravan. After some consideration, Ryou decided to steal the beast and the saddle. The other items were of significantly lesser value and most were large ornamental pieces of pottery that would have been difficult to carry and which Ryou knew little about.

For the next few weeks, Ryou brought the weakened kangaroo hound with him where he went. The only reason he could keep it under control was its lack of strength from being imprisoned for so long. A few times it would escape and flee only to collapse a few yards away. Ryou fed and nursed it back to health, and eventually the beast came to trust him. Since then, the two have been traveling together.
Back to top Go down
River
Administrator
Administrator
River

Location : In my mind, having a Tea Party with Me, Myself, and I

Jirra, the Kangaroohound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jirra, the Kangaroohound   Jirra, the Kangaroohound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Jirra, the Kangaroohound Approvedbyriver
Back to top Go down

Jirra, the Kangaroohound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Announcements :: Topic Graveyard-
Jump to: