Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_vote_lcapThe New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_voting_barThe New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_vote_lcapThe New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_voting_barThe New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! Empty
PostSubject: The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor!   The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am

Overview of the New World

The land of Ullondor is a land of different customs, cultures, geography, and history. How the land was formed is unknown by the natives, but they believe that the god Jil formed the land and surrounding sea. In the beginning when the land was just finished being formed the Five Founders landed on the Founder’s Island and from there they decided to go out and cultivate the natives and teach them the arcane arts.

The Five Founders are:
Kraf the Founder of Kouthael
Shouf the Founder of Thaef
Aelerath the Founder of Meach
Floum (flum) the Founder of Flassaelen
Aerees (said like Aires) the Founder of Orinnea

About the Founders:
The Five Founders landed on Founder’s Island (the small island next to Thaef’s borders) and from there set off to different parts of the world and as the history tells found the faction and educated the natives in the arts of growing food, building homes, and most importantly magic. In homage of these godlike people the natives build temples in their honor and still to this day give them the respect they deserve. Each area has a temple inside it (the areas marked with white borders) and those areas are neutral and for worship only. The priests and priestess there devout their life to prayer and practice of the arcane arts in remembrance of the Five Founders not one is the same and all offer a unique experience.

They all have different personalities, but all had a vast knowledge of the arts. The first founder is Kraf, who settled in the area known as Kouthael and there he formed his castle on top of the mountains looking out at the Great Lake, he was a strong leader, but was able to teach his people everything he knew. He was kind, but had a firm hand in political matters and was unable to be persuaded.

The next founder is Shouf, who founded the area known as Thaef and there he built his castle among the hills overlooking his capitol. He was neutral in almost everything and focused more on internal affairs like building schools, homes, and sought more for his people than the good of the world.

The next founder is known as Aelerath, who settled the area known as Meach and there he built his castle on the bronze plains and he was known to be a great debater and settle many problems in the world. For this reason his faction is where the lords meet to settle problems and issues.

The next founder is Floum, who founded the area known as Flassaelen and build his castle in the forests. He was known to love nature and his people; he is one of the most loved founders even throughout the world.

The last founder is a female by the name of Aerees, who founded Orinnea and built her caslte in the frozen lands to the far north. She is seen as the surrounding area where she lived in, cold and harsh. She was only kind to her people, but anyone else she despised.

About the Land:
The land is divided by different geographical regions known as factions to the natives. The area with the red boarder is a forested area and has an abundance of trees, animals, streams, and here one can get closer to nature and the land. The trees are tall and the grass is green and filled with flowers and wild animals and mythical creatures are spotted, but these sightings are rare.

The area with the black border is a very hilly area and the towns there are built on top of the hills or in the valley formed by the hills, plants and animals here are common because the people here use them for food and trade.

The area in blue is the frozen tundra and icy area. Little foliage grows here and animals are scarce, fish are prominent here, but can be found under the ice. The cities here are spread out across long distances and are not as close as the other factions.

The area with the green border is a large plain with bronze colored ground, due to years of battles and old magic staining it. There is not that much animals or plants here to the natives must rely on manufacturing to have trade.

The last area is in orange and this is a highly mountainous region. The mountains are known to reach high up in the sky and a good bit of them have not been explored. In the south of this area there is a swampy are where most natives never go to because there spirits are said to wonder and capture the living for all eternity.

About the Temples:
In each of the factions there is a designated holy area where a temple was built to honor their founder. These areas are marked by white boundaries and are seen as neutral holy ground where no fighting should take place. Each one is different in its own way, but they all offer knowledge of the world and its history. There magicians serve as priests and priestess to their founder teaching all who come and promoting the main virtues of their founders through peace and stability.

About their Magical Abilities:
The New World has the ability known as magic and does this through the use of spell books, rings, amulets, wands, and staffs. They are able to create the elements, control them, conjure up items, transform items, and much more. (List of spells will be provided) They use handcrafted staffs and wands to easily manipulate their magic, but experienced magicians can use their hands. These staffs and wands have their own look to them and are always drained of their abilities when their owned dies. The only known magical items that still have their abilities are the five items of the founders, but all of those are safely locked away in their temples and are only touched and seen by the high up priests/priestesses.

The Five Items of the Founders:
Kraf’s sword: Despite being the only sword in the entire world, this grants the user’s arm to never tire.
Shouf’s ring: Which gives the wearer the ability to manifest a greater amount of their magical abilities and can perform great feats
Aelerath’s orb: This item grants the wielder the ability to have such a great gift of speech that they could almost switch the opinions of others.
Floum’s staff: Lets the wielder control animals and even makes them one with nature as if their magical being is intertwined with the magical force that is in nature
Aerees’s amulet: Which is known to keep the wearer warm in cold climates and grants the wearer protection against spells and foreign attacks.

The magical arts are practiced all throughout the land and are their only source for defense and offense. Most people in the towns have the ability to perform spells to make their daily lives easier, but prefer to only use magic in times of need. They are able to perform magic by use of common spell books and can channel it more by use of enchanted rings and amulets. They are able to summon fire to even the art of necromancy, which is banned, so they all have a vast knowledge and grasp of their arts and anyone who dares to take them on are foolish.

The magical ability is present at a very young age, but cannot be controlled until they are at the age of about ten. When the first sign of magic is seen the child is sent to lessons on how to control it properly without burning down the whole town. As a person ages their magical abilities become powerful, so the older they get the better their magic is.

Lords and System of Government:
The New World is split up in five different factions and in each faction is a Lord, who is made leader due to the fact their family was picked by the Founder to lead. Inside each faction there is a castle and either around or in the castle is the capitol of the faction where the Lord controls the faction. Throughout the faction there are minor cities and then major cities they are spread out and function from edicts from the Lord and elected officials. When problems arise the Lords meet in the center of the world at the temple area in the Meach faction. There the high priest/priestess oversees the meeting to make sure it does not get that violent. The Lords are free to rule as they want and are do not have a set list of rules to follow this has caused many dictators most are usually dethroned and a new family member is put in his/her place.

How the Factions are said:
Meach (mee-ch)
Thaef (thief, say the i do not drop it like we do in English)
Kouthael (kou-til, the ae make ani sound like in tile or mile and the h is silent)
Orinnea (or-in-nay,)
Flassaelan (fla-se-lan, the a in fla is said like the a in at, se is said like say, and lan is said like lane just take out the e)

Locations of the factions and more details:

Meach Faction is the green are and is just a large plain with bronze colored soil due to a large war years and years ago. People still live here and they get their food solely on trade and focus more on textiles like clothes, furniture, art, and so on. The castle is next to the boarder of the Kouthael Faction and is the second smallest castle/capitol in the world. This area has some foliage, but has an abundance of powerful spots of magic due to past battles some can still find old bones of forgotten warriors.

Thaef Faction is the black area and this area is very hilly, and has some flat areas. They live off of crops and livestock as the two major sources for income and food. The castle here is built upon a hill overlooking the other hills and large city at its base.

Kouthael Faction is the large area in orange and this area in a massive mountainous area. There is not much foliage here, but the mountains are easy to maneuver due to the convenient paths made through them with magic. The Haunted Marsh is also located in this area and is actually not haunted, but it is local folklore that spirits of forgotten ancestors, soldiers who died in battle and were never buried properly, and those most fowl dwell. This is just a myth, but most locals never enter the marsh because it is deadly and still unknown. The castle/capitol is nestled on the side and top of a mountain overlooking the mountainous region and the world’s largest lake.

Orinnea Faction is the area in blue and is covered in snow and ice and barley any foliage grows here. Fish and other sea creatures are abundant in the waters so that is where the locals get their food and money from trade. The castle/capitol is nestled among large icebergs and is known to be one of the smallest capitol in all of Ullondor for its extreme climate.

Flassaelen Faction is the area in red and a forested area filled with life like animals, a vast array of plants and trees, and small towns scattered throughout the area. The castle/capitol is nestled at the end of a tributary and is located on the only opened piece of land in this area. The land is very fertile here due to the many tributaries and most of the land is used by the locals to grow crops which are used for food and trade.

The Five Founders again (pictures will be here):
Kraf the Founder of Kouthael
Shouf the Founder of Thaef
Aelerath the Founder of Meach
Floum (flum) the Founder of Flassaelen
Aerees (said like Aires) the Founder of Orinnea

Map of the New World: (Ignore all the names given on this map. Only pay attention to drawn in borders and general layout of everything.)
The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor! Capture
Key:
White Areas: Temples
Orange Area: Kouthael
Green Area: Meach
Red Area: Flassaelen
Black Area: Thaef
Blue Area: Orinnea
Light Blue dot in the center: meeting place for the Lords
Yellow Dots: Castles/capitols
Lime Green Dots: Major cities
Green Dots: Minor cities

This is the end of all the current information about the New World. Much more will be added as the Plot continues to unfold and more information is found. Look forward for pictures of the temples, castles, founders (and their items), and much more! The culture and information was thought up and made by some of the members of this site. That means do not bash any of the names, themes, or any other items mentioned in this post. Everything here was thought up on the spot and went under many hours of thought and picturing. So please be courteous to all the hard work spent on making the New World. Thank you and have a great time roleplaying!

Love Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin,
Earthy~
Back to top Go down

The New World: The Magical Land of Ullondor!
Page 1 of 1