Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_vote_lcapNorthern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_voting_barNorthern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_vote_lcapNorthern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_voting_barNorthern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths Empty
PostSubject: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 pm

| Prince Castiel |
Spoiler:

King Anuk sought to improve and expand the tribe's educational system, but it was Castiel's job to review the subject. Some disapproved of the reliance the man put into his son, but the king cared little of the opinions of the Council when it came to Castiel. No one knew the boy as well as he did. Why should he allow stiff-collared officials to judge the prince's capabilities? It was clear who knew the boy best. Not only was Castiel intelligent, he was mature. He knew what was best for his nation. Kanuk believed he would carry out his task diligently and responsibly.

Castiel, in the meantime, sifted through a collection of documents concerning the recent innovations and issues of the educational system of the Tribe. Apparently the children's learning were not at its optimum level. This was plausible; with the increasing size of the kingdom, schools were becoming crammed. He supposed this issue may attribute to the children's insufficient education. However, building more schools throughout the tribe could handicap the budget and not allow investment for the different subjects the children needed to learn.

Castiel chewed on a forelock thoughtfully. He would advise his father to expand the system, but improving it would take time. How much money was in the budget anyway? Castiel was only allowed a rough estimate. The Tribe currently went through an era of prosperity; things were better than it has been in a very long time. Surely it would not be too much of a problem to approve Kinuk's wishes.

Castiel arranged the mess of scrolls, books, and imperial documents in an orderly fashion. He reviewed them, then finally decided to return them to their respective areas. He was to report to his father the following morning. After his routine check-up on Kihana and Roman, it was certainly bedtime.

"Ah, finally retiring, I see?" an elderly librarian told him. She was the head of the west wing, and always made herself visible to the prince when he visited. Any other time, she would be tucked away in her office, so he heard.

"It's an appropriate hour," Castiel replied with a smile. "I've done all I can do."

It was not unusual at all to see the prince in the Imperial Library, even for as long as it had been. Many greeted him warmly, and some offered favors and suggestions. The boy's casual relationship with his subordinates aggravated his father, however. He was concerned the boy would not get enough respect as king. Castiel hardly cared; he loved his servants and partners alike. He did not want to treat them coldly at all.

In his musings, Castiel barely registered another presence passing close to him. Curiosity reared its head; as far as he knew, many officials were taller than him. This one was the same height, and appeared to be around the same age.

Castiel gave a small smile. "Hello," he greeted the youth simply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Sio Ito was in the Imperial Library despite the fact that it was dark outside and everyone was most likely asleep but no not Sio. He was a very determined young scholar wanting to fit in with everyone else. With him being in his last year of school and he can officially be called a scholar, instead of just acting like he is since he always holds a book, Sio was nervous about it. To graduate he had to prove himself to the official scholars, most were also advisers, that he was ready. To do this he would have to develop a thesis and prove at how it can be done, and the general topic was how to improve the Water Tribe. Sio was stupid enough to focus on the education of children instead of an easy one like ongoing peace or stable market system.

So he was in the Imperial Library to get the official scrolls, books, and other documents showing the students who are enrolled in school, who have graduated, and more numbers that would make an average person's eyes cross. Sio was walking along one of the many aisles of shelves in the library running his fingers along the spines of books. He loved the feel and smell of books, it just made him smile. Once he got to a large opened scroll on a table he scanned it quickly and found the section he was looking for, turning on his heel he headed that way.

Sio kept the book in his hands close to him as he took a few turns and was at the book shelf in a matter of seconds. He knew how to navigate this library and knew it like the back of his hand. Then he froze as he saw someone putting back to books and scrolls in its spot on the shelf. He saw the person looked about his age and figured they were a student in his school, he did not know them that much, and figured they were doing the same thing. Then he looked closer at the person’s face and clothes and realized it was one of the princes. He was not entirely sure which one because they both looked the same, but after thinking about it he figured it was Castiel.

Sio then heard the prince say something to him. He held on tight to the book and mumbled, “Hello your highness,” he quickly gave a bow and then stood tall again. He moved forward and then stopped looking him up and down, what was he doing here this late anyway? Sio grinned weakly and it quickly went away as he placed his book on an opened spot and asked, “Are you using those books?” He motioned over to the books, scrolls, and docunments Castiel was just finished with putting back on the shelf.

Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 pm

| Prince Castiel |
Spoiler:

Castiel gave a small smile and replied, not too hastily, "No. In fact, I've just finished with them."

Castiel's flowing sleeves nearly brushed the floor as he reached for the documents once again, the final one secured on a lower shelf. He recognized this boy, although that was about as far as their familiarity went. The boy embraced a very regal, reserved, and dutiful stature. It was the very persona of a dedicated student, must like Castiel himself. The boy's eyes were a bright blue. His skin adopted the Tribe's usual darkened pallor, and Castiel found himself searching his mind desperately, trying to remember the other kid's name. He doubted they spoke on a prior basis, but with his busy schedule, there was no telling.

"Pleasure to make this acquaintance. May I ask your name?"

Castiel was unsure what he was doing here, but if it was going to earn him a new friend, it would be worth it. Was it a form of rebellion? His father forbid him to socialize with youngest scholars especially. Their closeness in age would give the illusion that they were equals, which Anuk strictly forbid. Castiel did not particularly believe in this philosophy, but the king's power reigned over all, especially his sons. It was a bleak life, being a prince, but Castiel still retained some of Cassian's rebellious nature and sought a personal connection with all his subordinates. Even the children.

Castiel fully transferred his books back into his arms and turned to face the other boy. He stood patiently, awaiting the youth's reply.

Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Sio was glad to hear the prince was just finishing with them and that he was right all along. He wanted to just grab the books and go on to working on the way to improve the education system in this nation. He despised how the school systems were controlled, children were not required to attend schooling and those who went were usually wealthy to afford the basic needs. The other option parents got were to hire tutors, which Sio has done, to teach their stuck up snobby children. Sio wanted to improve the system and could care less about his grade on it.

Sio was lost in his thoughts about reform and came back to reality noticing the prince was staring directly at him. He felt out of place and a tad bit awkward because the way the prince was looking at him. He hated to be the center of attention and people stare at him. He scratched the back of his neck and mumbled, "Okay well I am going to need them." He took a few steps closer to the prince and reached out and started to grab the books.

Sio cocked his head to look at the prince and replied, "I am Sio, Sio Ito. We have met a few times, but they were short encounters." Sio has met the prince actually on a lot of occasions and they could last hours, but he did not want to make the prince feel bad. He pulled a few more scrolls and books opening up to a page and read a few sentences. He felt a presence still standing next to him and saw the prince standing there in the corner of his eyes.

Sio turned his head and then asked, "Why were you looking at these books?" He wondered why the prince would even care about a subject like this. He knew this prince was different from his brother and was very smart when it came to dealing with the tribe. Sio shrugged and moved back to the books trying to figure out a way to get this done. He had some ideas in the back of his head, but that would need upping up the tax for the people and they would not approve. He turned his head when the prince started to speak.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:38 pm

| Prince Castiel |
Spoiler:

The other boy reached out and carefully extracted the books from his grip. He seemed uncertain. Uncomfortable even. Castiel wondered if he was the blame for it, and how he should rectify it.

"I am Sio, Sio Ito. We have met a few times, but they were short encounters."

Castiel's brow furrowed in confusion. The name did sound familiar, but the remembrance of such a name was faint. Silently he cursed his dutiful lifestyle. It was very hard to keep track of so many acquaintances. With his family being the only regulars in his life thus far, making new friends proved to be difficult, especially for those that would rather bow to him and slink away rather than engage in hearty conversation.

"It is a pleasure, Sio," Castiel replied, addressing the boy by his first name. Not casually, but naturally. Phrases such as "Sir" and "Mr." were lost on those with royal status.

Sio turned his head. Not suddenly, but enough for Castiel's sharp mind to deduce that he had lost his struggle with facing the prince's eyes head on. That was all right to Castiel; he was more used to individuals hurrying away from him. Just the fact that Sio stuck around spoke volumes.

"Why were you looking at these books?" Sio asked.

It was a question of genuine curiosity, and Castiel saw fit to reply, "Father is considering, with the excellent income and land the kingdom has procured, of expanding the educational system. He may even modify the schools altogether, to accept the common class. Father reasons that good education would lead to better workers and soldiers. Intelligence is a weapon in its own right.

"However, allowing common children to go to school will make us more similar to our Southern counterpart. Change is good, but Father likes tradition. He may not go through with the idea. He has assigned me to decide what is best. I've been here all day. But from the start, I was in favor of the former."
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Sio half grinned and said, "The pleasure is all mine." He enjoyed meeting members of the royal family; they acted so differently from him and others. They were proper in speech and actions, even the fact that the prince was talking to him amused Sio. He read a few more quick sentences and gave the prince his full attention when he replied to the question. His eyes then grew wide when he mentioned he was working on fixing the education system in the tribe. Sio was happy to hear that other people cared about the topic and that the king was looking into getting it fixed, maybe this would be his time to shine.

Fixing the glasses on his nose he turned to the prince and for once came out of his shell. For some reason he was able to trust in this person. He said, "I am doing the same thing. I am studying to become a scholar and we have to write a paper and the topic is to solve a problem in the tribe and I picked the education system. I have thought of so many different ways that could possible work." Meeting the prince here was just luck and it made him very happy. "I was thinking about letting the common children enter in as well and making a rule that makes the children to go to school. I was also thinking about making a new school in an opened area because the school we have now is far too small for adding more students."

He frowned when the prince mentioned his father liking tradition more than the good of his people. He was loyal to his nation and his king, but sometimes they could be so foolish. "So your father does not want to improve the education of his people? Tradition is more important than the growth of young minds, think of what this school can do. Instead of just having a few artisans and scholars and a lot of warriors it can be an equal amount of everything." Sio sighed and put his glasses on the opened book and said, "I am sorry for my rudeness this is just a soft topic for me."

Sio was always in favor of an educated populace instead of a war hungry or just lazy one. A goal in his life was to be the founder of a grand university in the Water Tribe and be able to educate the populace for many years. "I have been to a school and it was awful," Sio said remembering those years, "the classes were always to short and I was not able to learn that much. Thank goodness I went there for other reasons or I would not be here today." Sio sighed and now felt as if his goal was impossible; if the king did not want to change anything then he will be stuck in this spot forever.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 am

| Prince Castiel |
Spoiler:

Castiel offered a disarming smile. "What a coincidence! The children have always been a top priority of mine. If it were not for me, the young Princess Kihana and Prince Roman would be home-schooled. I always had an interest in public education. I believe extensive learning would do everyone good." Castiel rather liked Sio; he was passionate and would definitely make a fine asset of the court. There were too many lazy politicians, in Castiel's opinion. They lacked the drive and inspiration Sio seemed to have.

"I was thinking about letting the common children enter in as well and making a rule that makes the children to go to school. I was also thinking about making a new school in an opened area because the school we have now is far too small for adding more students."

The boy paused for a moment, as if considering something.

"So your father does not want to improve the education of his people? Tradition is more important than the growth of young minds, think of what this school can do. Instead of just having a few artisans and scholars and a lot of warriors it can be an equal amount of everything. I am sorry for my rudeness this is just a soft topic for me."

Castiel shook his head. "Oh no, the expansion of the schools is a priority of ours. The population is rising, and overcrowded schools been an issue for many years. Father needed to balance the economy first. Now, since we are gaining a surplus of money, we can accomplish the feat of fixing the educational system and building more, better schools.

"Father, however, could never make any of his decisions alone. There are almost always consequences that are not anticipated. That is why I was given the task of researching the issue more thoroughly." With this, he winked. "Call me his personal adviser, if you will. I'll report to him tomorrow with my decision. He will heed me and, just for you, I will guarantee he will reform the schools."

Castiel smiled brightly. He sought to please Sio, and saw no harm in doing so.

Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Sio nodded in approval of the prince’s statement about every child getting a proper education. He has seen the ways other nations teach their children and more of them are starting to open up school to the common folk instead of separating by class. This was not just a need to educate people, but could also break that belief in society that nobles are better than the lower class just because they can afford more luxuries such as schooling. “The children need a better place to learn and we can give them just that.”

“I know that from seeing it through my own eyes, when I went to school we had no room in the class.” Sio replied to the prince’s statement. “I have also been recently to a school to talk about some subject and there was even more students to a room. It was outrageous and impossible to work with, they were all so loud. How anyone learns there I do not know.” Sio put his glasses on his nose and looked down at the book to read a few lines and looked back at the prince. “If you need any help I would be glad to give it.”

Sio cleared his throat remembering he was talking to the prince and stood tall remembering his posture, “I am very good with numbers.” He then stopped when the prince said he was going to address this problem to his father. Sio could deal with someone else taking the glory for fixing the school problem, he would still write his paper on it though. “I do have some notes if you want to look at them.” He picked up his book on a table and held it out to the prince. “My notes on how to fix up the educational problem are in there. I also have ways of improving the trading system, taxes, and so on. You can return the book to me when you are finished.”

Sio gave the prince a smile, he was glad that the schools were going to get reformed but a part of him was sad it was not him working on the subject. His goal was to write this paper and have the scholars agree with him 100% and bring it right to the king, where he would think over it and with much pushing would approve. Sio would then be able to have a grand school made, improve education, and sit on the advisory council of the king. Well he guessed he would have to do something else then.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:20 pm

| Prince Castiel |
Spoiler:

As he and Sio relayed their feelings on the educational system, Castiel decided he rather liked hearing the other boy speak. Sio had wisdom and knowledge well beyond his years. This maturity, coupled with the boy's helpful tone and opinions, made him intriguing. Castiel figured Sio's knowledge was voluntary, unlike the years of pressure and strict teachings the benign prince was forced to undergo for the sake of sovereignty. (It was not too unpleasant, Castiel admitted, but having one's childhood snatched away so quickly was never a good thing in terms of development.)

He silently sympathized with the teen. Here was a boy hungry for education, but having to endure cramped classes and unruly, ungrateful children. (It was not that all children lacked the passion Sio had, but many kids depreciated the value of knowledge.) Some of the teachers were no better.

“I am very good with numbers.” Sio had offered this bit of information once Castiel informed him his father's plans. “I do have some notes, if you want to look at them.” Sio collected a book from a nearby table. Castiel spread his arms to accept it. “My notes on how to fix up the educational problem are in there. I also have ways of improving the trading system, taxes, and so on. You can return the book to me when you are finished.”

Then Sio smiled. Castiel returned the gesture, then nodded. He certainly hoped Sio's figures and observations would prove enlightening enough -- the night was getting old, and it was at this time, Castiel's attention span suffered.

"Thank you. I will be sure to get to these in the morning, Father has urged me to get to bed promptly tonight, as ridiculous as this may sound." It did not sound ridiculous to him at all, but he was well-aware that many boys his age enjoyed rebelling against their parents. For a prince, this was unheard of. Not even Cassian considered disobeying Anuk, although he complained often enough. "Father is going to finalize his decision tomorrow evening."

Castiel passed Sio a slip of paper. "Please," he began. "Write the name of your quarters, or residence. In fact, list any means of contact. Be as specific as you can. You've performed well, and I may consider summoning you at times." Castiel slipped Sio a pen, and mutely urged him to do as he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths   Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Northern Water Tribe :: Northern Water Palace ~ Dutiful Youths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: Golden Topics-
Jump to: